All Comments on 'Mindgames Ch. 01'

by lovelyandsad

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A thrilling renaissance

I recall reading an earlier version of this tale online, beginning perhaps 9 or 10 years ago. It was an exceptionally good story with consistently high reviews over the years in which it spun out. Sadly, the site posting it closed before the final chapters were revealed. It is exciting to see its rebirth here. Chapter 1 is perhaps even better-written than I recall. I'm very much looking forward to renewing my relationship with Gabriel, Mariah and company.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great So Far

Although I’ve got to say I’d have to be in the right frame of mind to read it otherwise it’ll just make me really angry. Humans as a species are capable of so much it’s sickening to think of the monstrous things we’re capable of.

Liked the nature v nurture reference even though you applied it to horses. I did wonder if the name “rag” referring to slaves was meant as an indication that they’re disposable?

Tess

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This story will try this girl's patience greatly as she eagerly waits for chapter 2.

lovelyandsadlovelyandsadalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Responding to a few comments

Hi everyone.

I am really happy to have found a new home for Mindgames. This version is rewritten from what has been posted elsewhere -- with the benefit of comments and suggestions from many readers.

@Tess: Generally in this story the word "rag" refers to a slave who has little personality or spirit (or seems to) -- like a limp rag -- but it is also used as a mildly insulting term for any slave.

I am trying to publish a new chapter more or less weekly. Anyone who doesn't want to wait -- if you go to my profile there's a link to the book and ebook on Amazon.

Lovelyandsad

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Harsh content, but a great story so far! Looking forward to reading more :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovelyandsad@lovelyandsad
I am so excited to have finally published Mindgames, which is now available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Mindgames-Jasmine-Gold/dp/1097992349/ . It is the product of what I am told is my exuberantly dark imagination. I've literally been working on the book for d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES