All Comments on 'Mindgames Ch. 07'

by lovelyandsad

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Glad to see a new chapter

lovelyandsadlovelyandsadover 4 years agoAuthor
Why don't the slaves revolt?

An anonymous reader sent me this email (note, I can't respond to emails if sent through this website; if you want me to respond to you send me an email directly at lovelyandsad (at) gmail.com )

Very good! I only don't understand what keeps the slaves from revolting. More drugs in the gruel?

Great question! I think it's the same reason people don't revolt in any totalitarian regime (until they do): they are beaten down, they are brainwashed, they are played against each other, they are afraid of informants or are the victims of informants, and leaders of any nascent revolt are quickly eliminated. One of the reasons why Riviera has been a basically stagnant society is that so much energy goes into keeping the status quo.

Dick43Dick43over 4 years ago
Horse terms

Lovely story, so nice i bought it on Amazon so I can finish it now instead of waiting.

I will provide some help for you on horse terms.

Horses “knicker” not “whicker”.

You lead a horse with a “halter” not “harness”. Harness is for horses pulling wagons or plows.

A saddle is held on a horse with a “girth” not a “saddle belt”.

Cheers

lovelyandsadlovelyandsadover 4 years agoAuthor
Response to Dick43

Thank you so much for buying the book!

I appreciate your comments on horse terms. I know how jarring it is to read something and come across vocabulary that you know is incorrect. (I think knicker versus whicker might be a regional difference -- but I'll try not to get my knickers in a bunch over that.)

Dick43Dick43over 4 years ago
Horse terms

Whinny is a common horse term it is related to knicker just louder. It was also the name for the first domesticated horse in Clan of the Cave Bear.

lovelyandsadlovelyandsadover 4 years agoAuthor
Response to Dick43

Yes, if memory serves Ayla single-handedly domesticated horses, lions and dogs after she invented slingshots and matches but before she invented sewing and bows and arrows and discovered how babies are made, The Simone Biles of her time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Intense, but a fantastic read. Thank you

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

Well-written, very entertaining, intense, complex and interesting characters, there is much to love about this story and that's what I do. (And keep on reading, of course.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlovelyandsad@lovelyandsad
I am so excited to have finally published Mindgames, which is now available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Mindgames-Jasmine-Gold/dp/1097992349/ . It is the product of what I am told is my exuberantly dark imagination. I've literally been working on the book for d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Mindgames Ch. 06 Previous Part
Mindgames Series Info