Minx Ep. 06: Three Worlds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good morning, although the region we're headed to has just entered mid-day," he said.

"Will we have to leave Hephaestus?"

"I've demanded their personal hospitality! The supreme director of the Bank of Mars will admit us into his private office. I barely had to imply that we'd like to visit before an emphatic invitation was offered."

"I'd better change."

"We'd both better change. Something business-like but threatening; you'll have to guide me. I want my presence to be unnerving so my actions arouse suspicions, but I'll speak with confidence and disdain for these lesser humans."

"A half-naked slave girl outfit for me? Or, would you prefer an ancient French maid's uniform?"

"Business attire. You're my associate, my partner. Once a captive, but now a faithful aid who somehow resents the position but has come to reluctantly accept it as there is no way she can overcome the will of her hyperman master. They will have heard about my pheromones?"

"I don't know," she said with a shrug. "I'm sure they will have researched your people before we meet the director so let's assume they have complete historical information on hypermen."

"I may have to remind them, perhaps with a small display..." he mused.

"I'm not going to have to do anything degrading in front of them, am I?"

"I'd rather you do nothing you are uncomfortable with, my dear. I was thinking of exerting my will upon one of their more incautious representatives. Remember, these people deserve no mercy. Think of what they intended for your friends on Anima."

"I'll keep that in mind, though most of the people we will encounter will not be nefarious and greedy villains intent on conquering Anima."

"Regardless, I'm sure an opportunity will present itself."

Hephaestus was granted permission to land with little discussion. They left the ship, Dragon in a form-fitting black coverall with sparkling silver trim and a belt of woven gold and Minx in a matching black coverall that was open enough in the chest to show off some cleavage. Her shoulder-length brown hair was tied up in a bun, matching what she thought the current style might be. An air-car waited for them. A man and a woman, both dressed in form-fitting hazmat suits and armed with sidearms waited patiently for them, then ushered them to the vehicle. The man hurried to offer Minx his hand as she slipped into the seat.

"They are aware of the pheromones," observed Dragon as the doors closed and the two made themselves comfortable. "Thank goodness you have other characteristics to shut down men's minds."

"The woman couldn't keep her eyes off you. I don't think they quite filtered everything out."

"An underestimation on their part. Perhaps," continued Dragon, "these people aren't quite as astute as you had told me, Minx. Maybe we had best look for business partners elsewhere."

She stared at him, knowing that his confusing words held a hidden meaning. Then, she realised they were likely being observed and recorded. The guards had remained posted by Hephaestus but the air-car was spacious and luxurious and could have held any number of hidden devices.

"As I told you before, sir, this world is a commerce hub throughout this region of human space. Your plans require the development of an official identity and resources in human space and I believe this is the best place to get that. However, sir, I don't have an extensive knowledge on banks or businesses. I'm a bounty hunter...or at least I was."

"You are Minx, my chosen human companion. Never forget that. Knowing as little as I do about human society I am glad to have you by my side to provide information."

"Thank you, sir." She hoped her act was sufficient to fool any listeners and watchers, though she suspected medical scans might reveal more than she wanted to.

"It appears as if we are arriving..." observed Dragon. "An eighty-kilometre trip. Not bad, for human technology. Remind me later to see about acquiring some of these air-cars for my other dominions. A pity we never invested in this technology."

The vehicle slowed and slipped into a berth in a large, pyramid-like office building whose tip was just below the low-lying clouds that threatened rain. A number of armed guards - all wearing hazmat suits - waited at attention as the door to the air-car opened.

Before Minx could step out Dragon grabbed her arm. "The pyramid shape? A common religious motif in human systems, or an indication of a planetary style?"

"Planetary, sir. Many other worlds have individual buildings mimicking monuments from Earth, but I think pyramids are space-wasters so they're not often built. It shows excessive wealth and power to those who approach."

"Interesting. Possibly also indicative of a worship of the people at the top of society and a desire in those people for some type of immortality. I can use that. Once again you have been of great use, Minx. I am happy that our paths crossed on that world of animal-people."

Two of the guards hurried to offer a hand to help Minx from the air-car. A third, smaller, guard stepped forward as Dragon stepped out.

"I am not some weak human who needs help," snarled Dragon. The guard stepped back into formation.

Another guard stepped forward, facing Dragon.

"As a guest of Mars Bank, I welcome you to Forrestor's World, sir. Weapons are not allowed on the premises. Both you and the lady will have to be searched." He signaled to two guards at the end of the line, both of whom raised small wands, and then to the smaller guard to go to Minx.

"If your men attempt to accost me or interfere with me in any way I shall have to become violent," warned Dragon.

Minx stepped a slight distance from the hyperman and raised her arms from her sides. The smaller guard hesitantly approached her, readying her own wand-like tube.

"Sir," began the leader of the guards in a deep voice, "your companion is complying as she understands this is no insult or threat."

"It is an indignity! Lead me to the meeting, now! Or, my companion and I depart."

The guards searching Minx for weapons ran the wand a short distance from her while keeping her eyes on the hyperman. The check was carelessly done. It was clear to Minx that she was of secondary concern to this security force.

The leader of the guards waved at his men to approach Dragon. The hyperman reached out, picked up the spokesman with one hand and hurled him metres away.

"Sir!" Minx said. "Are we leaving? You said you wanted to establish an economic base in human systems and this was the best place I could think of."

Dragon stared at the unconscious form of the man he'd just accosted. "Perhaps the actions of one foolish human is not representative of the others here. You!" He pointed at the smaller guard, a woman, who'd been inefficiently checking Minx for weapons. "Lead us to your Supreme Director! And take off that ridiculous head covering in my presence!"

The guard hurriedly complied, revealing a pretty, young woman with short jet-black hair.

"Yes, sir. Please come with me."

One of the other guards stepped forward to block her. "Chu! There are protocols!"

She hissed at the man and he looked alarm.

Minx stepped forward. "The hyperman has urgent business with the Supreme Director. Surely you do not wish to impede him." She glanced at the crumpled form a few metres away that was just beginning to stir. Then, she turned back to the guard and smiled. "Do you really think he needs any weapons? If it makes you feel better then follow us and stand ready."

The guard glanced at his fellows, none of whom had moved, and stepped back in line. "We shall accompany you."

Chu led the group to a large elevator where she used a code to open the doors. She motioned for everyone to get in. Dragon strode in first and stared at the controls as if fascinated. Minx entered and stood by the opposite wall. The other guards entered and took positions around the walls, maintaining the air of an honour guard. Chu slipped in last, standing beside Dragon and briefly smiling at him before closing the doors and selecting a floor.

"So, you don't use enbohrian levitation, yet?" asked Dragon.

Chu looked embarrassed and slightly confused. "No, sir. We're probably behind your people in technology. I've heard stories about your people..."

"Yes, I understand. We're not all monsters. After all, it has been months since I've killed anyone. As for advances...I suspect that in some situations I'd be behind you. I'm sure you understand."

Her face reddened slightly. "Oh, yes. I understand. Any time you want, sir."

Minx felt sorry for the poor woman. How much ridiculing would she have to endure from her coworkers, and all because Dragon's pheromones were making her super-horny. She decided to help her fellow female out a bit.

"These guards all seem rather big and strong, sir. I'm sure they're all highly-trained in combat and weapons, and very capable."

Dragon glanced at her and smiled ever so slightly, not that anyone else on the elevator would have caught it. She could see the guards within her view suck in their guts and try to stand a little taller. None of them would remember a word Chu had said; all they would recall would be the flattering words Minx had said and the delightful and sexy odour emanating from her.

The door opened eventually and Chu led Dragon out and along a wood-panelled hall. Their footsteps were perfectly muffled and Minx could feel a strong breeze on her face and chest indicating the air control units had apparently been set on high flow. Chu came to the end of the passage and knocked on a door. The featureless door slid soundlessly into the wall revealing a large office beyond. A robot waited at a desk.

"The hyperman, Dragon, I presume?" the robot asked.

"Yes," replied Dragon, narrowing his eyes at the mechanical device. "Where is the Supreme Director?"

"I am to direct you and your companion to the doorway there. The Supreme Director and his negotiation team are waiting to receive you."

"You're not an A.I.," noted Minx.

"I do not understand. The Supreme Director and his negotiation team are waiting to greet you." The robot repeated the arm motion urging them to the door.

"I have to leave you here, sir," said Chu reluctantly.

"Perhaps we'll meet again, young lady," offered Dragon.

Her face lit up while Minx rolled her eyes.

Dragon and Minx walked to the ornately-carved door and it opened before them automatically. The hyperman strode through as if he had known the doors would open before him, while Minx hesitated then followed behind.

"Ah! There they are now," said an elderly man. He sat at a conference table surrounded by over a dozen chairs. Three other chairs were occupied by people in hazmat suits. On the table, in front of each chair, was a small terminal, screen and projector. The chamber was a large conference room, with paintings of various styles along one wall and windows from floor to ceiling along the opposite. "Please take whatever seats you desire."

Dragon slowly surveyed the entire room. Then, he selected a chair at the opposite end of the table from the elderly man, and motioned for Minx to sit beside him.

"I am the Supreme Director of Mars Bank on Forrestor's World. Edgar Woollington, at your service." He nodded slightly. His white two-piece tuxedo wrinkled as he bent, then smoothed perfectly as he sat straight again.

"You may call me Dragon, and this is Minx. You are fully aware that I'm a hyperman and, I understand because of what my companion has told me, that human society has many legends and myths concerning my people. Let me assure you that only some of them are true...are there any refreshments to be had?"

"Of course. Of course." Edgar motioned for one of the others to collect some food and drink. That person rose form the chair and left the room. "Are there any titles I should address you by, Dragon. Please understand that any historical claims you have to territories or businesses in human space are not considered valid. Ah, here we are."

The staff member returned with a tray containing a variety of coloured drinks, some fizzing, and an assortment of cold meats, cheeses and carbohydrates. Dragon selected a large, dark-coloured drink in a mug, one that smelled strongly of alcohol. Minx waved the server away.

"Thank you. I hope you are not assuming I was one of the original hypermen who enslaved Earth people in ancient times?"

Minx saw Edgar's brief startled look at one of his subordinates. That man stood and turned to Dragon and Minx. "My apologies. Our historical records on the matter are not as complete as we could have hoped. One of the...myths concerned your people being immortal."

"I see." Dragon turned briefly to Minx. "You had not informed me of such beliefs among your people."

"Sorry, sir," responded Minx. "I'd not heard that one before."

Dragon shrugged it off. "I assume the suits are to protect you from my chemical pheromones? I find their presence distasteful."

Edgar smiled apologetically. "A necessity. We can't have any of our staff succumbing to chemical control prior to establishing an arrangement between the two parties. I, myself, am too old to fall victim to...your charms."

Minx held back her emotions, recognizing that the old pervert had just offered sexual favours of his staff to Dragon provided they came to an agreement. She knew Dragon had understood the veiled offer. She wondered if the others had caught the carefully worded statement, and then realized they were likely too nervous.

"We should get to business..." began Dragon.

Edgar held up his hand. "If you'll forgive me. Your companion is Minxamallia Lazer, bounty hunter, sixth class?"

"Yes, I am."

"We'll alert your guild that you are still alive. They had listed the details of your disappearance and described you as 'presumed dead'."

"Thank you."

"Now," said Edgar with a half-concealed covetous smile, "what can we offer you, Dragon?"

"First, some background. I have been interested in human society for a few decades now," Edgar coughed in surprise, "and have delved into human systems in the past. It was when I encountered Minx that I decided my future fortunes depended on establishing myself in the human-controlled parts of the galaxy. After all, among my own people's worlds I am just another hyperman, but, among yours, I am a superman capable of dominating wherever I wish."

"Yes, we determined that. Hence our cautions."

"Wise. So, I have come to trade. I have technologies and information on worlds beyond the edge of human space that I can trade. I seek funds. I wish to build connections across human space - take over your worlds using the sophisticated weapons of economies instead of traditional weapons of war. War would be costly in lives and resources. It could attract the attentions of others of my kind and that would delay my eventual conquest of the galaxy by decades or, perhaps, centuries."

"I believe we can come to some arrangements, Dragon. Wait!" Edgar's face expressed shock. "Did you say centuries?"

"Why, yes. I understand humans still have fairly short lives. I have already ensured that Minx will live for at least two hundred years. I am well over one hundred Terran years in age."

"There would be great demand for a fountain of youth, should you truly posses it." Edgar leaned forward.

"Perhaps we'll begin negotiations slowly. I have no wish to play my trump at this time. I could provide some medicines that can rebuild telomeres - a rejuvenating process that will delay the disabilities of advanced years. I suspect it would also have some success in correcting genetic defects, should you still allow such infants to be born alive."

Minx shifted uncomfortably. She leaned over to Dragon. "Anima."

"Ah, yes. My companion reminds me of an important concession on your part. I believe your bank employed some mercenaries to track a criminal to a world outside of human space?"

"Frag Thorn. He was last reported as heading in the direction of Anima," added Minx.

"Yes, I am aware of that mission," Edgar looked at Dragon uncomfortably. "The planet underwent cursory examination long ago and the name Anima was all we really knew about it, except that Frag Thorn was last seen heading straight for that system. We had offered the file to the bounty hunters but no success had been reported so we decided to try other methods. Where are the mercenaries and their ship? Their organization has been readying for an investigation."

"Call it off."

"In exchange for some of these drugs you talked about...?"

"That would be acceptable." Dragon smiled briefly, and Minx thought it a fake smile but one that would fool these greedy bankers.

"And what of the mercenaries? Are any still alive?"

"Yes, at least some of them, but paying off their debt to the inhabitants of Anima. I own that world. Their behaviour was a declaration of war. They lost."

"I am concerned that some of their fellow mercenaries may engage in independent action to rescue their former companions..."

Dragon sighed in evident frustration. "Inform them the world is claimed and defended by a hyperman. If they are foolish enough to invade my territory I shall feel obliged to eliminate the offending organization and/or government. You do understand that I am fully capable of doing this?"

The other across the table all briefly glanced toward Minx. She thought it a curious action. Were they looking for confirmation from her concerning Dragon's abilities? She remained impassive.

"Yes," replied Edgar. "Consider it done. What else do you have to trade?"

"A few worlds claimed by me. I can provide locations and details; a preliminary system and planetary survey, if you will. Locations of ores and ruins. I can trade a few unpopulated worlds, or lease them if that is preferable."

"It would be hard to get willing colonists to settle on a world owned by a hyperman."

"Agreed," said Dragon with a nod. "That day will come but is far away. Transfer of ownership would be best, although I cannot guarantee that another of my people won't try to take any of these away from you. I would suggest survey and resourcing teams be sent for short stays. They could extract what valuables your people think of use while minimizing their time there."

"You think that wisest?"

"I can provide detailed information on resource sites. Unlike your people, we hypermen have little regard for borders. You own what you can hold, and nothing else. Unless you have the means of detecting our ships at greater distances than our own sensors, and then departing in faster ships, I would not recommend permanent bases."

"We don't have anything faster that what they have," advised Minx. "Their technology is advanced beyond ours in almost every way as far as weapons and transportation are concerned."

"As to be expected from a race of near-immortal geniuses..." mused Edgar. "Weapons and energy technology would, of course, be instantly convertible into funds, Dragon."

"Later. That could cause complications at this time. Once I have established an economic power base I can look to improving weapons and transportation so as to ensure my holdings are better protected from my own people. There is little sense in setting up bases only to leave them vulnerable to a very real threat, as I'm sure you would agree."

"Let's take a look at one of the worlds you're offering..."

"Very well." As Dragon finished speaking the holographic displays in front of the other men activated and showed an image of the tropical world that Dragon and Minx had recently recuperated on. "This world has some interesting features. It is called Ardoth. It is a water world with a single island of tropical climate. The local star is a red giant, nearing the end of its life but with approximately three hundred years of fairly constant emissions ahead of it."

1...678910...12