Miracle Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why do you want to know Mike? It was a long time ago. His name was Donovan Scott. But he was a neighbor of ours and he moved away a long time ago." Mira couldn't understand why he suddenly stopped touching her and went back to his desk quickly. Was he jealous? This was ridiculous! Was he really jealous of a meaningless relationship which belonged to the distant past?

"Evander could clearly see the hurt in Mira's face. She thought he had rejected her. He didn't want to be responsible for that look.

"Mira, listen to me." He paused and waited for her to raise her head and look him in the eyes.

"I am NOT the right person for you. I am not Mike anoymore and I am not what you remember. I have changed. Quite a bit. That's why I am asking you again to call me Evander. There is no Mike here anyway." Evander was feeling himself coming down from the high.

Alyia stared at King of darkness. For the first time since meeting him he looked dejected and defeated.

"I have missed you Mira. Why did you leave me? Why did you ruin what we have? Evander asked in frustration.

"Mike, I did not leave you. Why don't you understand this? I had no choice. Didn't you hear what my father said? I was DEAD!" Mira all but shrieked the last words. He just didn't get it. She looked straight in to his emerald green eyes. They were back to reflecting the same expression she had encountered the first minute of meeting him. Guarded, cold and distant.

Through the earbuds in his ears, Evander was informed that his team had located and captured Mira's older sister, Kathy. They were bringing her to Azure. It was time for pay back. One by one every person responsible in this plan had to be made accountable. He needed to know who she had been talking to. And what exactly the agencies knew about Mira's condition. He would take pleasure torturing Kathy. The ghost of a smile appeared on his lips as he thought about downloading all her brain in to his systems. The rational part of his brain told him that it no longer mattered who she has leaked the information. The cat was already out of the bag. He knew that what he really wanted from Kathy was pure revenge.

Especially now that the whole scenario had changed. Mira was not just an innocent human being. She was the love of his life. The most important creature to him in the whole world. His precious Mira.

Kathy was among the people who would wish she wasn't born.

"Mira, would you please go back to your room? I will ask Tania to give you a tour of the penthouse." Evander ordered in a cold voice, as he rose to his feet and began walking toward her.

Mira was looking at him in confusion. She was not only desperately in need of a release from his earlier ministrations, but also in need of getting answers for the numerous questions in her head.

"Mike? I need to talk to you. I have a lot of questions about you and myself and this place."

Mira rose to her feet as Evander approached her. Standing right in front of her, he cupped her face in his hands. "Mira, I'm asking you again please call me Evander. I will come back as soon as I'm done with this urgent matter that needs my attention Mira. And yes, certainly you and I have a lot to discuss." Evander started stroking her lower lip with his thumb. Mira couldn't understand what his tone conveyed. Desire? Threat? Longing?

By now she knew that almost each and every sentence of him and every gaze had a hidden meaning and agenda. She just couldn't comprehend them. And it was infuriating. Perhaps he was right and there was no sign of her Mike there anywhere. He repeatedly insisted that she call him Evander. However she was sure that she could find her Mike somewhere there beneath all those anger he seemed harbor. But one thing was for sure. She wasn't going to call him Evander. She hated that name. And it was not his name. His name was Mike.

Taking her small hand in to his, Evander led her out of his study. "Mike....I.....I need to know where my father is. I have been thinking and crazy as it sounds if what he says is true, he isn't safe out there. I'm concerned about him. "Mira uttered in a small and uncertain voice as they reached the close door of his office.

"Don't worry baby. Your father is being kept at one of our secure centers inside Azure. He is alive, well and comfortable. And he will remain here until this whole situation is taken care of. And yes I believe he was telling the truth. I have studied his research documents on you. They seem legitimate. The problem is that right now many other very curious individuals have also seen those papers. And they will not stop until they have you for conducting a more thorough research. Do you really think that I just throw him out?" Evander replied as he tipped her chin up to stare in to her eyes. He was wearing a strange smirk on his lips. Maybe he was boasting about his unlimited power or laughing at her stupidity silently or enjoying some private joke. Mira had no idea which was the case.

"I need to see my father Mike." She insisted anxiously. Mike wasn't the only unsolved mystery in her life. She had lots of questions that her father had to answer.

"You don't trust me Mira. Do you?" Evander asked with a twitch of his jaw.

"No....I.....I just have a lot of questions and he is the only one who can answer them. "Jeez....what was his problem? Mira thought to herself. Why was he so ready to become angry? The fact of the matter was that she didn't trust him. But who could blame her? Her whole life had turned upside down in a matter of days. And she just found out that the kind little boy from her dreams has grown up to be the king of darkness who ruled over the wonderland!

"We will pay him a visit when the time is right, Mira." Evander replied and before she had a chance to say anything more he had opened the door.

And as soon as the door of his office opened, there was Tania who was thrown inside.

"Tania...what the hell? What are you doing here?" Evander shook his head in disapproval at his ever so curious sister.

"I'mm...Um....Uh.....nothing Evander. I was just coming to get Alyia."Tania said nervously. Good. It seemed that Mira wasn't they only one who was on edge around that man.

"Mira, Her real name is Mira." Evander announced with conviction.

"WHAT?....wow.... you are kidding?.....are you sure? WOW....This..this is unbelievable. I'm so happy for you two. This is just FANTASTIC. We.....we should throw a party." Tania was so thrilled she was practically jumping up and down and clapping her hands. "Hey Evander this means that she will stay here forever? Yes?" Tania asked excitedly as she threw herself in Mira's arms unceremoniously.

Mira was grateful for Evander's early intervention otherwise she might have ended up broken and bruised by the way Tania lunged at her.

"Tania, please calm down. A party. Why....yes. This certainly warrants a big ceremony." Evander exclaimed as he separated Tania from Mira's body and put her down a distance away. Was it sarcasm Mira's heard in his voice? His behavior was disquieting.

"In the meantime would you please give Mira a tour of the penthouse? Please Tania for her safety and yours just show her the permitted rooms." Evander asked just as he walked away quickly.

Permitted rooms? What did that mean? What was inside the not permitted rooms? Dead bodies?' Mira felt a shiver ran through her body.

Mira sighed heavily. Her brain was just about to explode. She knew she had to prioritize her thoughts but she simply didn't know which came first.

Herself being a freak, who had come back from the dead? Her long lost childhood love who was also the mysterious king of the darkness who apparently ruled over some sort of a bizarre palace/dungeon from the future and liked to punish people by beating them, the fact that she was being hunted by people who wanted to use her as a lab rat? The list was just endless.