Mirror of My Mind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,175 Followers

Mr. Fong turned to take his leave of Susan when a small reflection of light caught his attention. Reaching down to the wooden floor, he picked up a small ring, the stone of which was a piece of flawless jade.

"This is also quite lovely," he commented, his professional eye quickly putting a price on it as well.

"My grandmother's ring!" Susan exclaimed as she saw it. "I didn't realize I had dropped it."

"Then it is fortunate that you have two," the white haired man smiled as he handed it back to her.

"Two?" Susan's mind asked as looked down at her own hand and saw the same ring still there.

The only possible explanation was impossible. Or so her mind told her. This time, she didn't have the excuse of having had too much to drink to explain it away. Her heart raced as she turned in the direction of the mirror and casually, as not to draw any notice, held up the hand with both rings now in it.

"Omigod!" she gasped as all the color drained out of her face.

"In there something wrong?" Mr. Fong asked as he noticed her sudden distress.

"Wrong, no nothing's wrong," she quickly said, the paleness in her face saying just the opposite. "Mr. Fong, I'm afraid you're going to have to excuse me. I suddenly remembered something that I have to do."

"Of course," he said as she unceremoniously led him to the door. "When might I expect a call with your ..."

"I have your card," she cut him off as she closed the door behind him, locking it tight.

Even as the tumbler turned, Susan knew she would never call him and that the mirror would never be sold. She would no more part with it than her grandmother ever would have. Stepping back in front of it, she held up her hand with the two rings, and once more marveled at the reflection in the glass.

The reflection of an empty hand.

The smile on the face in the mirror brought a pleasing warmth all over her body. The only question was, was it her smile, or Lin Yao's?

END

Ann Douglas
Ann Douglas
3,175 Followers