Misery Breeds Company

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tim, everything okay?"

"Jess is acting strange. She's distant, not talking, refusing food, but when I brought some in, the smell made her sick."

Doctor Franklin started moving around. I could hear her, "alright. What you've just described is the first stage of active labor. Are you at the store?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be there soon to give her a check."

And like that she hung up. I binned the rest of my sandwich and headed back inside. Jess was still staring vacantly around the room. "Jess, honey?" She turned and looked at me. I reached out and took her hand, earning a small smile. "Doctor Franklin is coming to check on you. I'm a little worried so I called her."

Jess just nodded so I sat tight and held her hand. She was obviously very uncomfortable with something. But, I wondered if it really was labor. Either way, a few minutes later, Doctor Franklin showed up.

"Jess, how do you feel?" She asked, coming inside straight away.

"Weird," Jess said.

"Weird how?"

Jess shifted, "I don't know... Everything hurts and... Just weird."

Doctor Franklin nodded and looked me in the eye. "Can you help me get her in the back room? I need to examine her."

I nodded and moved to help Jess stand. With me on one side and Doctor Franklin on the other, we hobbled Jess into the next room.

"Sorry about this, but I'll need you to lay on the bench there. Tim, if you could give us a minute."

"Sure," I said, helping Jess up onto the bench. I quickly left, closing the door behind me. That was also the moment I heard my phone buzz in my pocket. Pulling it out, it was a private number. That... That was kinda odd.

Pressing receive I lifted my phone to my ear, "Hello, Tim speaking."

"Oh, thank god," a woman said. "You're Tim, the one looking after my Jess?"

I grinned, "Yes, yes I am. Is this Willet and Henry? You got my letter?"

"Oh goodness, yes. We weren't sure it was real. After what Mike did to my husband, we couldn't be sure. But when I saw the house go up for sale, I decided to take the risk. Now, please, it's been years. Can I speak with my daughter?"

"I'm sorry Willet, she's being examined by the doctor and-"

"Doctor, is she okay?"

"Doctor Franklin thinks she's going into labor."

At that moment, all I could hear was frantic screaming over the phone, and had to pull it away. At the moment, the door to the back door opened and Doctor Franklin came out. "Tim, she's going into labor. I recommended an ambulance, but Jess just wants to go home. I'm satisfied with what I've seen, that I'm comfortable if Jess wishes for a home birth."

"Great," I nodded, picking up the phone, "Willet, do you know Sandra's old place in town?"

"Yes!"

"Meet us there."

"Two hours, Tim. We'll be there!"

I hung up the phone and went to grab my soon to be wife. Getting Jess out of the room and into the car was a struggle. Between the contractions and her pains, I was half worried she'd give birth on the way to the car. But, in the end, I managed it. Doctor Franklin followed behind us as I drove Jess home. It took both of us to get her upstairs into the bed. From here, I helped her strip down and moved her into the shower. I spent all the hot water trying to ease Jess's discomfort. But when the heat finally stopped, I helped her dry and took her back to bed.

"Tim, please don't leave me," Jess said as I laid her down.

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere," I smiled and took her hand.

Jess just shook her head, "I know it's not your baby. Please, I'll give it up-"

"Jess!" I cut her off. "I don't care who the father is! I'll love it as I love you. I promise."

Jess burst into tears. Her sounds of distress brought Doctor Franklin into the room, who saw us embracing and stopped her frantic pace. "How are you feeling?"

"We just had a moment," I said, stroking Jess's hair.

"You promised," Jess whispered before clenching down on my hand. "FUCK!"

"Tim, I need some towels and two large bowls. One filled with warm water," the doctor ordered.

I nodded and waited for Jess to release my hand after what must have been one hell of a contraction. Once her grip loosened, I leaned over and kissed her forehead before darting out of the room. I grimaced when I heard her scream my name as I left. Part of me wondered if she was being emotional, or if it had more to do with her expectation that I'd leave. Maybe it was a fear she kept locked away this whole time... Either way, I was looking forward to proving her wrong. Darting into the closet, I grabbed out a stack of towels and rushed them back to the bedroom. I ignored Jess's terrified expression as Doctor Franklin had taken over for me. Rushing downstairs I grabbed two bowls. Stacking them inside each other, I filled one with slightly steaming, warm water. I was a little slower climbing the stairs and I simply placed the bowls on the floor. Swapping places with Doctor Franklin, Jess took hold of my hand in a vice-like grip and refused to allow me to leave.

"You're doing great," I told her, not knowing a single god damned thing that was going on.

"Alright," Doctor Franklin said, catching my attention. "Jess if you could lift your hips, I need to get a towel under you." Jess took a moment, but lifted and Doctor Franklin moved said towel. "Now, this is where I would usually tell you labor can last twenty-four to forty-eight hours." Jess knuckles went white as she tightened her grip. "But, if things keep moving at the rate they are, it will happen much sooner. Now, Jess, I'm going to touch you, okay?"

Jess nodded, before looking up at me, "don't leave me."

I leaned down and kissed her softly, "never, Jess. I'm never leaving."

"Alright, you're about nine centimeters. This... This is actually very fast for labor," Doctor Benson said. "I think it's time to get you up and into a more comfortable position."

We spent a few minutes shifting around. Jess tried laying on her side while I held up her leg. She also tried kneeling on all fours. We even tried propping her up on pillows so she was in a half-sitting position. But as it turned out, Jess was most comfortable in a kind of squat. I found myself sitting at the end of the bed. Jess squated between my thighs with my arms under her armpits to hold her steady. It was a little awkward as Doctor Franklin practically had to lay on her stomach to examine her, but she was comfortable and refused to allow me to move away. Except for the multiple bathroom breaks she took.

"Tim," Jess moaned.

I looked down at her bedraggled expression. Her face twisted with exhaustion and worry as I held her firmly against my stomach. "You're doing fine," I smiled. "I'll be here for you. We'll get married once you recover. We'll see how you feel about having another baby or two and one day, eighty or so years from now, we'll go to sleep in each other's arms and not wake up."

Tears started rolling down her cheeks as she stared up at me, "promise?"

"I promise," I said immediately.

"It's coming," Jess said softly.

In an instant, her grip on my arms went white knuckled. Doctor Franklin got into position. The only sound I heard was the soft patter of dripping as Jess's water broke. And I held the woman I loved as she put herself through hell and back.

"Jess, you need to push!" Doctor Franklin called.

Jess's eyes snapped up to mine as I held her. "You promised," she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Yes, I did. Now push honey. Let's meet our child."

Jess nodded before tensing and I held her tighter still.

"She's crowning."

"Push honey, you're nearly there."

"Please!" Jess sobbed.

"Waah!" A new voice sounded.

I stared in amazement as Doctor Franklin crawled to her knees, before pressing a purplish, pink blob into Jess's arms. Jess for that matter froze, staring down at the small person.

"Congratulations, it's a girl," Doctor Franklin told the two of us.

I just smiled, giving Jess a kiss on the top of the head, "a girl, honey. I bet she'll be as pretty as you when she grows up."

Jess just started crying as she clutched her child.

"Jess, I need to take the baby and give her a check over. You can have her back in a minute," Doctor Franklin said.

Jess looked from the baby to me and finally to the doctor, before handing over her child. I hadn't even realised the cord had already been cut. Doctor Franklin stood and took the baby over to the bed where another towel was laid out. I watched as the doctor gently wiped down... Our... Wiped down our child and checked her breathing and heartbeat.

"You promised," Jess said softly.

I nodded and looked down. "Would you be willing to do this again?"

Jess smiled thinly, "if you'll stay."

"Oh honey," I smiled. "I'll stay anyway. But I don't want our daughter growing up alone. She'll be better off with a sibling or two."

"Alright, Tim, if you can help Jess back onto the bed. Jess, you can feed your daughter. I'm going to check on the placenta."

With a smile, I slowly helped Jess stand, before laying her on the bed and getting her comfortable. I bit back my shock, seeing a huge pool of blood on the floor, but reasoned if it was a worry, Doctor Franklin would have said something. With Jess comfortable, I sat down beside her and Doctor Franklin handed me my daughter. Smiling down at her screwed up, lump face I leaned over and placed her in Jess's arms. Jess smiled down at her baby and lifted her to feed.

"There we go," Doctor Franklin said, lifting the second bowl. "The placenta looks whole and healthy. I'll do some massages on her stomach to help the uterus contract. Then I'll head home. I'll be back to check everyone's vitals later and again tomorrow. In the meantime, I've left the forms for the birth certificate and naming on the dresser."

I looked over to see the small stack and nodded my understanding. "Thanks, Doctor."

As she smiled, I heard a car pull up out front and I looked down at Jess with her baby. "I love you, Jess. I really do love you."

I stood and grabbed the paperwork and started flicking through as I heard voices downstairs. Moving back to sit beside Jess, I heard multiple footsteps on the stairs and the door opened.

"Jess, honey?" a familiar voice asked.

"Mommy?" Jess squeaked. "Daddy?"

"I'm here, baby," the older version of Jess said, as I turned to smile at the newcomers. Behind her was an older man with a scar on his cheek and a heavy limp. He walked with a cane and stared at me with a strange expression.

I got up as Jess's parents rushed into the room. Willet immediately climbed onto the bed to hug her daughter as Jess cried. I took Henry by the arm and helped take his weight as he moved to the bed at a more sedate pace.

"Thank you, son," he said as I lowered him onto the bed where I was sitting.

"Daddy!" Jess cried, grabbing his hand.

I went back to the paperwork and pulled out a pen. I never wanted Jess to think that I was going to leave. Not for any reason. One day, we'd tell our baby the truth. But for now, under the section labeled 'father,' I wrote down all my details. As far as the law would be concerned. She really was my daughter and fuck anyone who would try to tell me different. After filling out my bit, I filled in the rest of the details. I had all of Jess's information and all the information for our daughter bar a name. With as much as I could fill out completed, I flicked back to the page with my details written.

"Here Jess. Make sure I got it all correct," I said, handing her the paperwork.

Jess smiled thinly before taking it from my hand. Her mother frowned slightly and her father didn't look particularly pleased either. But as Jess's face broke into happy tears, I knew it would make sense, once Jess was capable of explaining.

After all, I promised.

Epilogue

The wedding was a small event. That is the official description of it anyway. Reality was like the funeral, the entire town showed up. I stood at the altar as Willet carried our daughter Sandra down the aisle. She was the world's most adorable flower girl and already had her mother's world brightening smile. Behind them, was Jess, already crying as her father slowly walked her down the aisle. Both her parents had quickly approved of me after Jess explained the paperwork issue. I also had the distinct feeling the town wouldn't bring it up either. It was just accepted I was the father and that was the end. I hadn't even heard the name 'Mike' in months.

Jess's bakery was a complete success. With a combination of her own recipes and Sandra's classics, it was a winner from day one. She now ran specials with the diner next door and bounced customers off of one another. Harry, the owner was a little disgruntled with losing his baker but appreciated the extra business she brought in for both of them. Now there was more than one repeat customer from the surrounding towns that came here for treats.

I stood at the top of that Altar beside Martin, Greg, and his son Chris. Opposite us was Holly, Doctor Franklin and Jess's apprentice, a young woman named Mary, who was dating the Patrick's eldest son. As Jess got to the altar, the priest said his spiel, and I kissed my wife. The whole time, she stared at me and cried, while beaming that smile of hers.

I promised.

... Seven months later...

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"God yes," Jess groaned. "Why does pregnancy turn me into such a slut?"

I looked down at where she was coupled with Holly. Holly and Jess had been firm friends ever since the funeral. Firmer now Jess was pregnant. Pregnancy sends Jess's already high libido, through the roof. Holly, after our first time together, decided she quite liked the idea and would occasionally join us when she visited. But this time, Jess had a surprise. It came in the form of a strap on dildo. The harness had a small dick too, that slid up inside Holly and vibrated, while Jess rode her at her own pace. What I hadn't been expecting, was for Jess to demand I double penetrate her as she did so.

"Please?" Jess whined and slowly blinked at me. "Sandra's finally sleeping through. This might be my last chance to get DP'd while pregnant."

"You only want two?" I asked, grabbing the bottle of lube out of the drawer.

Jess smiled shyly. "It depends. Is Holly going to come help keep me satisfied every time I fall pregnant?"

"I don't know what's wrong with me," Holly sighed. "I'm not gay, or at least I don't think I am. But the idea of being with you gets me all hot and bothered... Maybe I need to date a girl for a while and see what happens," Holly said, rocking her hips.

"Whatever you decide, you're always welcome here. And so will your partner," I said, lining my lubricated cock up with Jess's ass.

"Ohhhh," Jess moaned as I started pushing inside, "Make sure your partner is okay with randomly fucking a pregnant chick."

Holly and I laughed as I slid my cock balls deep inside her. "Ready ladies?" I asked.

"God, I'm such a slut," Jess moaned.

I just swatted her ass, "you're not a slut. You're just horny and pregnant."

Before she could react, I pulled my cock out to the head and pushed back inside. As I did so, I felt the rubber cock through the membrane of her vaginal passage shift as Holly started thrusting from below.

"FUCK!" Jess squealed.

Reaching around I covered her mouth with my hand as I continued thrusting. I didn't want the baby waking up during sex again. This was something new, and I was damned if I wanted any interruptions.

"Shit, she's leaking all over me," Holly said with a grin.

Jess squealed into my hand, as Holly must have taken a nipple in her mouth. It was only moments later as Jess squirted between the two of us. Not that either of us stopped... Or even slowed... Where would be the fun in that?

The End