Mister Right

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled to myself. I had enjoyed my time with and been pleasantly aroused by Opie, I simply hadn't been aware to what degree until that moment. Waiting for the water to warm I did something I seldom if ever do. I slid a finger between my legs and across the labia, holy crap, I was slicker than snot. It had to be from the excitement of meeting and talking with Opie.

In the shower the spray was causing a tingling sensation on my breasts. As I washed them I rolled the nipples, they hardened immediately sending a shiver down my spine. Masturbation was never my thing, it usually left me feeling lonesome instead of satisfied. I was too far along to care though, my hand went between my legs, I opened them and began to bring myself off. I took the handheld shower and directed the strong spray directly onto my clit. Three minutes later I was slumped on the floor with my back against the wall. Panting, light headed, searching for breath, my legs felt like jelly.

A huge smile made its way across my face when I suddenly realized why, I had envisioned Opie doing what I'd done. Oh boy, I was in trouble and knew it. I would have to be careful, I had promised myself I wasn't going to bed anyone else until the absolute mister right came along. The one who was ready to woo me, marry me, and not just screw me. The one who was willing to treat me special no matter the occasion. The one who would be tender as he caressed and fondled me. The one who would know when to love me gently as well as when to rip my panties off and ride me like there was no tomorrow. The one who would look me in the eye and call me babygirl when he cums.

Drying I wondered aloud. "Is that you Opie? Are you the one to make my heart go pitty pat every time I see you? Are you the mister right I've been searching for?"

I donned my favorite night shirt and slipped on a pair of panties. After adjusting the elastic of the leg openings I ran the flat of my hand over my mound, cupping myself. I hadn't felt these emotions in a very long time, I so hoped he was the one, cuz I sure liked him. I also knew that I would need to be extra careful so as not to seem overly willing, then again, he didn't strike me as that kind of guy. Yeah, he was a guy and guys are after pussy, yet the longer I pondered that thought the more he seemed to be more complete than that. Sure, skin is skin, but there's more to life than just sexual gratification.

I neither heard from nor saw him for the next few days. It was the following Tuesday afternoon, a day when I had no surgeries and was at the clinic all day doing vitals, paperwork and helping where needed. At quitting time I was walking down the hall toward the door when I heard Alice, the receptionist call out.

"Hey, Daisy. Got something here for you."

I slipped into the office where she handed me a box about 20" long by 4" square. I raised my eyebrows while giving her an inquisitive look.

She shrugged, "I don't know. A florist dropped it off about an hour ago. I got busy and forgot, sorry."

Sitting in the safety of FiFi the Fiat I slowly opened the box, with all the craziness in the world these days one can't be to careful. In the box were four red carnations and a small card signed Opie. My heart fluttered momentarily and anyone who was close enough to see my smile would have known I had a mouth full of pearly whites. Putting my right hand just below my chin I patted my chest and cried, maybe this was the one to make my dreams come true. Someone willing to love this brown girl unconditionally, someone to raise babies with me, someone to grow old with. I chuckled as I thought about the words of a Beatles song. Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm 64?

Friday afternoon I received a message at the hospital from the office. 'Stop by before you go home, there's a package for you.' My last surgery was at three giving me plenty of time to swing by the office before it closed at six. When Alice handed me a similar box as before but a bit bigger my cheeks grew warm and my heart fluttered.

Alice laughed, "Geez daisy, even with brown skin I could see that blush. What's going on girl?"

I didn't wait to open the box, inside were three red roses. I sat in astonishment, with my hands overlapping my upper chest I sighed, "Oh my gosh."

Alice snatched the card and grinned, "Wanna know what it says?" I nodded enthusiastically. "Cheeseburger and fries at seven on Saturday? And there's a phone number."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I quietly muttered, "Oh Alice, I think I've met the one. But I'm scared."

Alice kind of gave me one of those head roll things like a dog does and asked. "Has he given you a reason to be scared?" I was shaking my head. "Then don't be, give the guy a fighting chance. Go for it daisy, you'll know if he's the one or not."

Sitting in FiFi I called the number which went to voice mail after three rings, "Howdy. I can't answer right now but if you'll leave your number I'll call as soon as possible."

My response, "Hi Opie, it's Daisy. Text me when you get this message. Thank you for the flowers. If I don't hear from you I'll be at Ed's by seven on Saturday."

I was naked as the day I was born drying off after a much needed shower when my phoned pinged. Ah, a text, maybe it's from Opie.

Opie: Hi there. Sorry about before. I always leave my phone in the truck if I'm on a job. It's sposed to rain Saturday night, mind if I pick you up about 6:45? After all, I know where you live."

Now how does he know where I live I wondered. Oh yeah, dummy, he was next door when you waved at him a while back.

Me: Sounds good. Casual?"

Opie: Jeans and a shirt for me. Be comfy."

What to do? I spent most of Saturday wondering if I should go for the sexy look and try to knock him for a loop? Should I wear a dress or skirt to show off my legs? Nah, I decided to follow his advice, comfy it is then. I had recently purchased a matching set of undies tangerine in color and silk. I only had a few sets of silk underwear but I darned sure intended to buy more. I've tried the frilly lingerie stuff but it never seems to sit right, nope, it's cotton or silk hip huggers for me. I was at the front door waiting as he pulled up, by the time I reached his truck he had the door open.

Sliding behind the steering wheel he grinned, "You look mighty good Daisy. I'll hafta fight the other guys off. I'm hungry as can be, let's head on over to Ed's. I had him hold a table for us. He don't usually do that, but I known him a long time."

I was curious, "Why did he buy a bar? Wasn't he a mortician?"

Opie chuckled, "Yeah, he said it was a dead-end job. Wanted to be around people who talked."

We laughed the last five minutes of the drive. He wanted fries and I wanted onion rings so we shared. The place was packed and there were people waiting for a table so we left immediately following our meal. In the truck he asked what I might like to do.

"I like going to the park and sitting by the lake, but like you said, it's supposed to rain. We could sit in the open pavilion though."

He grinned, "Yep, let's do that. We should grab a six pack at the gas station."

At the pavilion there were two other couples and a family of four having a picnic. In the warm months the pavilion was lit until ten and the bathrooms left unlocked. With an officer on foot patrol within the park grounds after eight o'clock vandalism was kept to a minimum. Sipping on a beer we talked about our pasts and upbringing. When I mentioned my brother dying in Afghanistan he nodded with a knowing frown.

"Yup. My sister lost her husband over there. Not cool."

After a brief synopsis of my life I asked about his. He sat back, opened another beer and sighed.

"Not much to talk about. It's just sis and me now. Like you we grew up milkin cows. Pa sold the farm when I was a senior and they bought a little place in town. Ma worked at a small dress shop and pa worked at a factory where they made roof trusses. They're gone now, all them years of workin the farm took its toll."

Another swig of beer, and the story continued, "I kicked around for a while after high school. I worked on a logging crew in Canada for about fifteen months and tried that crab thing in Alaska. It only took one season for me to figure out that wasn't what I wanted to do. Then I worked a shrimp boat outa Louisiana for a spell. After about a year of that I'd had my fill and came here just after Annie's man was killed."

I was confused, "Annie is your sister? She owns the septic service you work at?"

He smiled, "Yup. She was runnin the office when old Lester, the previous owner died. None of his kids wanted it so the missus sold the business to Annie. Sis knew she couldn't do that stuff, so she hired me along with the guy who'd been there a long time. Like ten years or so."

I sat slack jawed, "Wow. You've had an awfully exciting life compared to mine. Are you going to continue working with your sister then? I mean, are you eventually going into business with her?"

He laughed, "Me? Nope, drivin a septic truck for the next 30 years don't appeal to me. It's a job for now and helps Annie, but I got other plans."

If this relationship was going any further, I needed to know his future plans. I wondered, would it be something that can support a family if I'm on maternity leave?

"So what are those other plans?" I asked.

He sat back with a wry grin, "Yer gonna laugh, but it pays good and has good benefits once you're past the 90 day probation. I'm kinda going from the truck to another kind of sewage place. I just finished the certifications for domestic water treatment and wastewater treatment. I took the state exam and passed with high scores. I have a friend who works at the city's water treatment plant and they'll need to replace a guy who's retiring soon. He thinks I have a good shot at gettin the job."

I pondered his words, I'd never thought about it before, but somebody had to work at those places. What I didn't realize was that you must be state certified. Hmm.

I wanted to be positive, "Interesting. Somebody has to do that job. I never thought about it being so regulated. I thought they grabbed some guy off the street and trained them."

"No ma'am. You gotta be certified. Even with that you gotta have so many hours of continuing ed each year. It's online classes, but you still need to do um to keep yer certification. And before you ask, experienced guys are makin around thirty bucks an hour. That's over sixty grand a year, if you can't live off that yer wastin yer money. And the city has great bennies as well."

It was time to switch tracks. "Where do you live?" I asked.

"With my sister and her three kids. I think I'm getting in the way though. She's got a nice fella, sometimes he stays over if you get my meaning. There was another guy before him but he wasn't very nice, he liked gettin rough with her. I had ta tune him up, he didn't come around no more. This latest is different, he's older and never been married. He loves them kids to death, I think they're gonna get hitched."

He had my interest. Maybe, just maybe, there would be room for him in my bed if everything worked out. I was smitten by the country boy attitude, but I needed to make sure he was going to carry through with his plans before I opened my heart any further. Before we knew it we'd talked away the evening, the beat officer stopped at the table.

"Hey Will. Don't mean to kick you out but it's ten, time to turn off the lights and lock the gates. Who's your friend? I don't recall seeing her before."

Opie smiled, "This here is Daisy. She works at the hospital, in the operating room."

I nodded, "I'm a scrub nurse, I work with Dr. Tanaka and his associates."

The officer smiled, "The bone place, yeah. My mom had a new hip put in by you guys. Loves it, says she wishes she'd done it years ago. Sorry Will, I need to lock up."

Walking to the truck my hand brushed his, it seemed like he wanted to grasp mine but didn't. A few feet further and his brushed mine, lingering momentarily as the back of our hands met. When we were a few steps from the truck, he stepped ahead and opened the door for me.

I smiled, "Thanks Opie. You're a gentleman."

Though he spoke like a hick, his next statement confirmed he wasn't dumb.

"Well, chivalry aint dead yet. My pleasure pretty lady."

As he walked to the driver side my mind was full throttle. He called me pretty lady and opened the door for me. Something I wasn't accustomed to. He not only knows the word chivalry but he knows what it means. Holy cow, maybe I did hit the jackpot. Time would tell. At my house I unbuckled and was going to get out when I noticed he had exited the truck and was at my door. As he opened it he extended a hand to help me get out, it shouldn't have, but it put me on full alert. After all, he opened the door and offered to help, nothing wrong with that as long as it wasn't an effort to get in my pants.

Walking me to the door I was preparing myself for the next move. Would it be kisses, a hand on my ass, his tongue rammed halfway down my throat, a hard dick pushing against my abdomen. I wasn't having any of that and was ready to put him in his place. Imagine my surprise when he stepped back from me.

"It sure was fun tonight Daisy. The county fair is goin this weekend. Would you like to go to the antique tractor pull with me tomorrow? The tractors have to be stock, it's fun to watch the old guys, they really get into it. The Thomas brothers are sposed to have their 1906 Case steam tractor there. It'll be fun."

I was baffled. Where was the onslaught? Why wasn't he mauling my body and trying to get me naked? Was this guy for real? I had begun to relax a bit as I answered.

"Sure. I've never been to anything like that. Back home they always had horse pulls, and I've seen the modified hot rod pulls, but never one with stock tractors. What time will that be?"

"It's at seven, how bout I pick you up around four. We can have some carny food, then maybe walk through the dairy barn and 4-H exhibit."

I nodded. "That sounds great Opie. I'll wear jeans and comfortable footwear."

He chuckled, "You might wanna wear a top to, could be embarrassing."

I punched his arm, "Of course I'll wear a top you toad. I'm going to want a cotton candy and curds along with a fresh lemonade. Oh, and you're buying."

He reached out his hand to shake mine. Dumbfounded I placed mine in his, he shook it gently, then raised and kissed it.

"Been lotsa fun Daisy. Sure do like you. See ya at four. G-night."

I unlocked the door, went inside and leaned back against it. I'm not one to use vulgarity often but I found myself thinking, "What the fuck was that?" He didn't try to kiss me, fondle me, or grab my butt. He shook my hand and then kissed it. Who is this masked man as they would have asked on the Lone Ranger? My mind was in fifth gear and racing, sleep was elusive to say the least. 'My stars and garters' as mother was prone to say. What have I gotten myself into I wondered. Tomorrow would be the test, I'd push him a little and see where it went.

Though I was in church the next morning it was though I wasn't. I shook hands and greeted folks, I sang the songs, I put my tithe and offering in the basket and listened to the message. As much as I like Pastor Timms and his down to earth messages I don't think I heard ten words. My mind was in a fog. I couldn't stop thinking about Opie, his kind boyish ways, his common sense both feet planted on the ground attitude. His silly sometimes aggravating way of talking, his sense of right and wrong, his willingness to wait for me to open the door to my heart.

Sure, he was more like a kid in a candy store at times than the people in my supposed professional world, but none of them possessed the simplicity of life the way Opie did. He may seem boyish, but every inch of his five-foot ten frame was solid, he was gainfully employed with plans to advance himself and he didn't seem to have a problem being with a black girl. I wondered why that was. In the past I'd been out with white guys who seemed almost ashamed of me. Not Opie, he was the opposite. Loving, caring, polite, always tender and affectionate in his behavior. Hmmm, I needed to find out what makes him different.

I was ready to go by 3:55, sitting on the stoop waiting for his truck to turn the corner. And there it was, a smile stretched across my face in anticipation of time with Opie. I liked being with him, he made me feel good, he made me feel wanted, instead of simply being along for the ride. My dad always said, "go where you're celebrated, not where you're tolerated." I had to admit, though we hadn't so much as kissed he did make me feel special, celebrated if you will. As I walked to the truck he had the door opened and was walking to me.

With a grin he gently took my elbow, "You know it aint polite for a guy to not walk a girl to his vehicle. You're kinda stealin my thunder ya know."

As I was being helped into the truck I smiled at him, "Fair enough. I'll wait next time."

First on his "to do" list as he called it was cotton candy for me. There was no way I was going to put all that sugar into my system, so we shared. Or maybe I should say I had what little I wanted and he ate the rest. Next was the dairy barn, considering we were both raised milking cows we had plenty to talk about as we meandered our way through the livestock area. Our shoulders and arms would touch at times, our hands had grazed across each other several times when I made my decision. The next time our hands found each other I slipped my fingers into the palm of his hand. He immediately adjusted so we were palm to palm and gently squeezed. Looking down he smiled.

"Yer pretty."

That's all he said, nothing more, just 'yer pretty' as we walked along. At that moment I wasn't sure if my feet were touching the ground or not, it was as if I were floating. We wandered through the 4-H pavilion and then found our way to food row as he called it. We shared a funnel cake and fresh deep-fried curds. A large glass of fresh lemonade for each topped off the snack we called a meal. Sitting across from each other I noticed that he was staring at me.

"You keep staring at me. Is there something on my face or in my teeth?" I asked.

"Nope, I think yer the prettiest girl I ever held hands with. Just makin sure I'm not dreamin."

That's when I ruined the entire weekend. Why oh why did I allow race to become a factor when I asked.

"So ...... Am I the first black girl you've been out with? Is this a bucket list kind of thing?"

The hurt in his eyes and sorrowful look crushed me. How could I have been so f-ing stupid. To his credit, or mercy toward me, he stood and said, "Guess we'd better go. Don't much feel like the tractor pulls."

After taking a few steps he turned and asked, "You comin?"

He didn't hold my hand as we walked in silence. At the truck he opened the door and waited until I was safely inside to close it. Not a word was said on the way to my place. When we arrived he quickly exited, opened my door and walked me to the front step. With sadness he looked into my eyes.

"Been fun. Thanks." Was all he said.

He spun on his heels and was gone as I stood on the stoop with tears running down my face. How could I have been so dumb? Skin color didn't seem to bother him, why did I push the issue? I was miserable the rest of the evening, sleep evaded me most of the night. I made myself get up and go to work even though I felt like staying in bed. I could call in sick but then that would put a burden on the rest of the team, I was scheduled for three knee replacements and a hip. Sure, it would be a long day, but maybe that was better. No time to think about how I screwed things up with Opie.