Mister Right

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was after seven that evening when I flopped into my recliner. Hungry, worn out, in need of a shower, and the only thing I could think about was that Opie hadn't responded to any of my texts. After an unsatisfying salad, a shower and getting ready for bed I was in tears again. Why oh why had I allowed skin color to interfere with love? I needed to find a way to fix things, but first, I needed sleep. I didn't hear from him the rest of the week. No answered texts, phone calls were not returned, it was as if he had vanished.

Friday was a slow day, only three surgeries which meant I would be done for the day by three or there abouts. Out of boldness I drove to the office of Annies Septic Service in hopes of seeing Opie. Walking into the office I noticed one lady, probably early forties sitting at a desk. Looking up she asked.

"Can I help you?"

I hemmed and hawed a moment before blurting out, "I was wondering where I might find Willis?"

The fifteen seconds she stared at me before she responded felt like an hour.

"You must be Daisy."

I nodded, "Yes ma'am. Do you know where I can find Willis? He doesn't return my texts or phone calls."

She grimaced, "You hurt him bad honey. The way he was talking I thought you might be the one. That is until you brought up that bucket list thing."

I was confused, "But how did that change things? I mean, all I did was ask if I was the first black girl he'd ever been with."

"Daisy, he's never dated anyone but black girls. The only white girl he's ever been out with was Samantha Briggs to the senior prom, and that was only because she asked and mother said he had to. Color has never been a problem for him Daisy, I'm not sure why you had to make it an issue."

Tears were steaming down my face as I turned to go, just before I opened the door I heard her say.

"He doesn't dislike you Daisy, he's just confused. Give him a little space, he always makes the right decision, it just takes him a while to sort things out in his head. Don't give up on him honey, he's worth fighting for."

Her words hurt and helped at the same time. After all, why didn't he tell me he had dated black girls before? Then again, why should he, how did that make a difference? No, the oweness was on me. I was the one who brought race into the conversation. Prior to that he seemed as happy as a pig in mud. Saturday was miserable, Sunday was no better. I hadn't heard from or seen him all the next week and decided I had probably screwed things up bad enough that it was over.

A week later the church service was almost over when I felt a slight tug on my hair. I pulled forward thinking it was somehow a mistake, then another gentle tug. I spun in my chair ready to give whoever the stare of death, until my eyes made contact with the fingers touching my hair. Opie sat in silence simply looking at me, no smile, no grin, his face was devoid of emotion. When the service ended I quickly turned around expecting to see him, to my dismay he was not there. I had just started Fifi when my phone pinged.

Opie: Lunch at Culvers?

Me: Sure. When?

Opie: Now.

Me: Be there in ten.

Opie was standing on the sidewalk waiting as I pulled in the parking lot. He walked to my car and opened the door, walked me to the building and opened the door there as well. I was about to pay for my order when he stepped close, leaned over my shoulder and told the young lady he was paying for my meal. I turned to protest, the look on his face indicated I should say nothing, which I did. He spoke softly.

"Why don't you get us a table, what kind of drink do you want?"

"I'll have a root beer please." Was my answer.

Five minutes later he was at the table with two root beers and a hand full of napkins. He politely asked.

"Did you want ketchup?"

I shook my head, "No thanks. But thank you for asking."

The two or three minute conversation before the food arrived was the basic stuff one fills the air with in an awkward situation. How are you doing? How are things at work? Yadda, yadda, yadda. There wasn't much conversation as we ate, the atmosphere was cordial and mellow. He was about to get up and take our trash to the bin when I put my hand on his.

"Can we talk Opie? Please?"

"You wanna talk here?" He asked? I nodded. "By the way, the name is Willis or Will."

I was crushed. How could I have messed up so badly and been unaware? It was all very obvious now, he didn't want me to call him Opie. I wanted to cry but held back.

"Okay, Will. I want to apologize for my comment at the fair. I've never been around a guy like you before. Black or white."

At that point he raised his hand to stop me. "Why do we have to be black or white? Why can't we just be two people who like each another and wanna be together? Don't misunderstand. I know we have different colors of skin, what I don't understand is why that matters?"

It was my turn to make a paradigm shift. "It doesn't. Not really. I've never met a guy like you before, it made me wonder if it was a ruse to get me into bed. I'm sorry for assuming you're like the others I've dated. I spoke with your sister. She told me that you don't date white girls. Is that true?"

He seemed to bristle at that comment, "Of course it's true. Why would she lie?"

I held up my hand this time. "Okay. I have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you. I'm wondering why. That's all."

I watched as his demeanor softened, "Cuz I think they're pretty. Not all of um, but then all white girls aint pretty neither. I'm choosey for sure, if she don't make my heart skip a beat I don't waste my time."

Something dawned on me as he spoke. The country boy prose had changed to proper English when he seemed upset. Whereas now that he seemed more at ease he was back to talking like a country boy.

I needed to know, "You're 31, surely you haven't been celibate all these years. I mean, we all have needs that have to be dealt with from time to time."

"No, I aint been celibate. There's been one nighters and hook ups along the way, but not very often, I aint ever been long term with a girl. Been waitin for the right one, thought it might be you. What about you? You been celibate?"

I shook my head. "I'm like you, sort of. I got tangled up twice with guys who I thought wanted to marry me only to have my heart broken each time. Since then my life has been like yours, a hook up here and there. Something to scratch the itch as they say. Never more than one night and never in town."

His eyes were searching, almost as if he wondered whether to ask the question or not.

"Then why did you ask me that question?"

"Opie. I mean Will. I've been out with white guys who acted like they were ashamed to be with me and couldn't wait to get me wherever so they could screw me. You were the exact opposite and it made me wonder. Please accept that answer, it's the truth."

He nodded, rose, took the tray to the trash bin and returned wondering if I wanted a 'to go' cup since he was going to fill his. I thanked him as I stood and waited for him next to the table. As he approached me he never smiled, grinned, or made any other gesture of comfort. At my car he opened the door but blocked me from getting in. He put my drink in the cup holder and stood directly in front of me. What happened next surprised me to the point my heart was racing. With a finger under my chin he tilted my head and gave me a short soft kiss.

Stepping back so I could sit in the car he leaned in. "I'll call or text this week. And call me Opie."

I sat dazed, the door hanging open, car not running. I was jolted from the moment when a shrill lady's voice broke the silence. Standing next to my car was an elderly couple looking very concerned.

"Are you alright deary? Is everything okay?" She asked.

Stuttering I got a few words out, "Mm, ye, yes. Thank you. Yes, I'm fine, thank you for caring."

I smiled and nodded as I closed the door. Opie was gone by then and I was left with a racing heart. He had kissed me, in the parking lot in front of God and everyone. With the sun shining bright, people all around he had kissed me. Not some dark corner unseen, this was beyond my wildest dreams, maybe I hadn't pissed it away after all. Life instantly became brighter. Fifi seemed to run smoother, the smile never left my face, my tummy was topsy turvy but in a good way. A very good way. I was once again on top and rising, there was no way I intended to screw this up a second time.

He called Tuesday evening to chat. Nothing deep or serious, simple life things. It lasted about 20 minutes with both of us bidding the other a pleasant good night as we hung up. I had surgeries both Wednesday and Thursday at our sister hospital 40 miles away. I hadn't heard from Opie and wondered when he might call again. As I sat waiting for the garage door to finish opening I noticed a box on the front step. A long one which seemed odd since I knew I hadn't ordered anything.

In the house I quickly relieved my bladder and retrieved the box. It was at least two feet long and about six inches wide. What could it be I wondered. Once I broke the seal I knew what awaited me. The fragrance of roses suddenly filled my nostrils and there they were. Six gorgeous red roses with a spray or two of baby's breath. I squealed with delight and went in search of my 4" vase. With the roses in water I dialed his number. It went to voicemail after three rings. I almost hung up, then thought better of it and left a message.

"Hi Opie. Please call me when you get this. Not an emergency but it's still important."

It was about 45 minutes later when my phone rang. The name Opie was on the screen.

"Hi Opie. Thanks for calling back."

"Hi Daisy. My apologies for makin you wait. I was with the department head of water works and the city comptroller. I got the job, they want me to start training in three weeks. That'll give sis time to find another guy. I know of two guys with CDL's that are lookin for work. She won't have a problem replacing me. How was yer day?"

"My day was long. It got a lot better when I opened the box left on my front stoop. Thank you for the roses, they're beautiful. Have you eaten Opie? The pizza guy should be here in about twenty minutes. Would you like to come over and share it with me?"

He seemed to take a long time answering, but when he did it was what I wanted to hear.

"Um, yeah. I only had a quick burger for lunch, I could put away a slice or two. With traffic and such it'll take me at least twenty minutes to get there. Will that be alright?"

"Perfect, see you then." I responded.

After we'd eaten what we wanted I put the rest in the fridge for the following night. As I sat he commented on the roses.

"Them roses look better in yer vase than they did at the florist. They smell good to."

It was time to take the bull by the horns as dad was prone to saying. I walked around the table motioning for him to scoot his chair back. As soon as there was room for me I sat on his lap with my arms around his neck. Tears ran down my cheeks as I asked.

"Can you forgive my foolish question at the fair? Please? I want us to work Opie, really, I do. Give me another chance."

He grinned, "Seems I was gonna ask you the same thing. Not sure why I got so hurt, you had a right to ask. I shoulda just told you what Annie did and it we wouldn't have to be makin up. That's what we're doin aint it? Makin up."

It was time to claim him as mine. Turning to face him I pulled his head to mine and planted the most sultry kiss I knew how to on his warm welcoming lips. His arms held me tight at the waist, I flicked my tongue along his lower lip, he took over from there. Even the way he Frenched me was soft, gentle, sensuous. Not overtly aggressive, however I had no misunderstanding about who was leading this dance. Considering the hardness beneath my bottom it was perfectly clear he was all man.

I sat on his lap necking for at least another ten minutes when I announced I needed to powder my nose. I figured that would give him sufficient time to soften and not be embarrassed when we said goodnight. I noticed that he'd made a final adjustment as I walked to him waiting by the front door. I'm sure I wasn't supposed to see that and pretended I hadn't. I made sure I pushed my chest into his as we kissed goodnight. He pulled back holding my hand.

"Will you be done early enough to have fish fry tomorrow? They serve until seven."

I smiled, "I'm at the office all day tomorrow, I should be home by five. Can you pick me up at 5:30? That will give me time to freshen up before we go out."

Neither of us wanted to part. He grinned and asked. "Who leans first, you or me?"

I knew what he meant, "Why don't we meet halfway?"

Our last kiss was long, tender, loving. It gave me tingles up and down my spine. Standing in the front room window I watched him drive away waving to me as he went. I'd nearly messed up the best relationship opportunity I'd ever had, thank God I was able to revive the burning ember that still existed. I decided that I was going to do a full court press on Friday evening. I laid out my snazziest mini skirt, an opaque blouse that easily showed the shadows of my bra, thigh high stay ups and a pair of two-inch heels.

When Opie walked through the door he stopped. Looking me up and down he moved close.

"Honey. Do you have different clothes. I don't want nobody thinkin you're one of them hoochy girls. I love the look, you got my motor runnin fer sure, but I don't want nobody else lookin at you thinkin what I'm thinkin. I'm concerned some folks will think wrong of you and I don't want that. You mean too much to me."

I wanted to be upset, but I knew he was right. I hadn't thought about how others might see me. I was focused on pleasing Opie and him alone. I slid into his arms and kissed him.

"Sure, I have a lovely combo. Give me a minute to change."

I picked out a pleated skirt that ended three inches above the knee, a silk blouse I'd gotten myself for Christmas and added jewelry to compliment my attire. Opie was all smiles as he watched me parade down the hall. Taking me in his arms he gently squeezed me.

"I know you done all that fer me and I appreciate it, but I don't want nobody disrespectin my girl."

I cocked my head to the side, "Your girl?"

"Well you are aint ya?"

I kissed him, "Better believe it Opie. I'm all yours. And you're mine."

His right hand slid down my lower back and onto my butt cheek where he patted lightly and announced.

"I'm hungry. Let's go."

Our relationship took on an entirely different meaning at that point. We both knew we were destined to be together, we simply needed the process to work itself out. At church I always sat the third row back second seat from the aisle. I liked the empty chair to my right, I had somewhere to put my coat and purse. Imagine my surprise two weeks after our Friday night make up fish fry when someone picked up my purse and was standing in the aisle. Looking up I grinned, it was Opie. As he sat I snuggled tight to his side and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"You're looking awfully snazzy this morning Opie. Did you dress up for me?"

He chuckled, "Who else?"

I knew we would be swarmed with well-wishers along with nosey people after the service so we sat in place as people began dismissing. It was as I had imagined. Pastor Timms was one of the first to shake his hand and welcome him to Life Church. It was quite funny when one of the old frumpy busy bodies asked what he did for a living. He smiled.

"I clean septic tanks."

Walking arm in arm across the parking lot twenty minutes later he moved his arm around my shoulder, I put mine around his trim waist. It still amazed me that someone so slender could be so strong. I looked up at him with a smile.

"You know you've ruined me don't you?" He gave me an odd look. "Those two old biddies have probably called half the city to say that sweet young girl at the bone clinic has gotten herself tangled up with some yokel that cleans septic tanks."

He burst out laughing, "Let um think what they want. We don't care."

And we didn't care what others thought. We were in love, determined to let no one part us asunder. That Sunday had changed everything. We were no longer the young couple who went to fish fry or the pizza place holding hands and sneaking a kiss in the parking lot. We were Will and Daisy, the next couple to tie the knot in everyone else's eyes. The truth was they weren't far off in their premonition. Our make out sessions had advanced along with the love in our hearts.

The man is a tit hound if there ever was one. He loves my breasts, since I granted him access to them he can't, or won't, leave them alone. He never does anything to embarrass me in public, but I see him staring at my chest knowing he wants one nipple in his mouth and his hands wrapped around the other orb. I get his attention and scold him.

"Stop it. You can have them when we get home."

Have you ever seen a 31 year old man pout because you won't let him ogle your breasts in public? It's hilarious. In all fairness to him, if it's dark I do let him have a feel or two on the way home. I remember the afternoon we were at Sweet's deli, the place was empty except for us, we were at a table way in the back. His back was to the wall facing the front. With my back to the rest of the place I slowly began to unbutton my flannel shirt. It was one of those days I wanted to tease and please him without him knowing and went without a bra.

By the time I reached the fourth button he knew I was bare beneath. I continued to open the shirt as he squirmed around on his chair. Deciding to be extra naughty I scooted forward and put my stocking foot on the hardest cock I'd ever felt in my life. That was the day I saw a new side of my lover boy. Leaning over the table he whispered so low only I could hear.

"You little slut. If we were married I'd take you home and ride you raw."

Buttoning my shirt I looked him directly in the eye and commented. "Who says we have to be married?"

He wasted no time standing and taking my hand. The food hadn't arrived as yet, he tossed two twenties on the table and dragged me out the door. There was only one sentence said the entire fifteen minute ride to my place. Glaring at me he spoke.

"You better not be playin games Daisy."

My answer was to take his right hand, slide it inside the shirt for a hefty feel and then put it in my lap. Cupping my pussy he smiled and sped up. As soon as the truck stopped in the driveway he looked at me and commanded.

"Stay put."

He ran around the truck, opened my door and said. "Gimme the keys."

He unlocked the front door and left it standing wide open. He returned to the truck, picked me up in his arms and carried me across the threshold. In fact he carried me all the way to the bedroom where he tossed me on the bed and once again stated. "Stay."

I heard the front door latch, then him kicking his boots off. As he padded down the hall my pussy was on fire, I was leaking like a faucet. When he walked through the bedroom door his shirt was missing and he was taking his pants off. Seeing the formidable sized package tenting his underwear I smiled and cooed. Standing in his underwear he bent and unsnapped my jeans, with the zipper down he grabbed the ankles and tugged as I lifted my butt.

Straddling my thighs he began to unbutton the shirt. He was in such a hurry I don't think he noticed the panties. With the shirt open he lifted me up, took it off and tossed it across the room. Sliding down my legs far enough to get his mouth on my breasts he attacked with vigor. He wasn't hurting me in the least, he was simply claiming what in my mind was his. He would lift up to kiss me and then go back to my breasts. Each time he lifted I looked down, the tip of his cock was peeking out the waistband of his briefs. It looked thick and almost purple like.