All Comments on 'Mittens has Class - Prologue'

by MemoryofSnow

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiastic12 months ago

I’m jealous. I wanna be a cat. I wanna lie around, follow the sunny spot as it moves, pounce on the dog’s tail when it’s sleeping, and wake my peoples up in the middle of the night, demanding a fresh can of wet food be opened right nooow! Gonna go make happy paws in the clean laundry, warm from the dryer. Would Mittens share her James with me? 😻😽🙀

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow12 months agoAuthor

Hahaha. Mittens is pretty good with sharing. I'm sure she would be happy to help give you 'cat-pointers' as well. Glad you're already enjoying the book. I submitted Chapter 1 right after I submitted this one, so it shouldn't be much longer before the next installment is published on here. ;)

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf8112 months ago

MITTEN!? HA! Been playing that chess.com bot a bit too much? :-P

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yay!! New story!!! And as good as ever (if not better)!! I can't wait to see where this one goes!

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow12 months agoAuthor

@TheGreyWolf81 - I'm not sure I follow your comment. Are you referencing something from the story or am I missing something?

@Anonymous - I'm glad you're excited to see the return of all the gang and I hope you enjoy where all the new book takes you. :)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

so excited to read this!! also as a trans woman thank you so much for being respectful with your representation :)) it feels good to be seen and understood 🏳️‍⚧️🏳️‍⚧️

MemoryofSnowMemoryofSnow9 months agoAuthor

Thank you for this comment! Ever since I wrote this prologue, I have wondered how that little tidbit would be received. The idea of Mittens having a sort of parallel with transgenderism has always been in my head, but worried that it might seem to insulting to suggest. Having her comment on it as being simply a 'parallel', but wanting to make sure to show transgendered people the respect was very important to me.

Of course, as you will soon see, there was another, sneaky, excuse for me framing this as I have. :)

I have actually introduced a transgendered character in the previous novel (Joelle from the chapters with Mittens' birthday is a trans-female), but wanted to present her simply as 'one of the girls', not single her out by making it important to describe. I do plan to come back and revisit that in this book, but this prologue allowed me to establish a forthcoming character as trans without having to point it out when we properly meet them. :) That way, the reader can know, but I can present them as simply being the gender they see themselves in the story itself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMemoryofSnow@MemoryofSnow
Characters, Story, and Text for all my writing are protected by Copyright Law. Thank you for all the love and support I have received her over the last couple of years. I am grateful that my work here is still getting attention and comments and I received new Followers from ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES