Mobile Suit Royal Gundam Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bernkastel: "I understand, thank you for your time, Sir. See you soon."

Bernkastel had a grim look on her face, it was starting to become clear to her, she didn't want to believe it but the evidence seemed to point in that direction.

****

Grail Military HQ

Adriana was frustrated, she and the security team went over the footage again and again but there was no old man based on the photo of Marius and all the young men were confirmed to be on the base during the time of Falcon's take off. "Great back to square one!"

****

Bernkastel stares at the picture of Marius but then looks around for she felt eyes watching her. She decides to head to the more populated part of the library. She spots her grandpa and goes over to him.

"I have to say it's strange seeing you here."

"Grandpa this whole year has been nothing short of strange for me, I really hope that peace can be achieved and next year things go back to normal."

"Yes peace."

"So how's the weather been?"

"It rained, once after you were.... abducted and two days in August."

"Hard rain?"

"Yes."

"That's awesome, that means plenty of water, I wish I could've been here to see it."

"Don't worry Bernkastel you'll see plenty of it, you're just twenty."

"Grandpa I...I'm going to have to fight him, there's no other way around it, he's made that perfectly clear."

"I wish I could take your place and finish what he started but I know in my heart you will be victorious!"

"I don't want to but he's given me no choice."

"Don't think about it too much, concentrate on the now."

She nods. "Well I'm heading out to get some fresh air."

"See you later," he waves.

****

Bernkastel looks around. "Has that coffee shop always been here? Oh wait it has." She pulls out her smartphone and taps the maps app. "Strange, I've been here all my life and yet I barely recognized this place. She makes her way to the nearby park, buys an ice cream and sits on a bench. "Hmmmm, ice cream, it's been too long."

It was a lovely day, she sees birds flying, a squirrel climbing a tree and people jogging. "The whole world use to be like this. Will it ever return?" She thought. She suddenly feels eyes watching her again. She looks around but no one was there.

She leaves the park and goes further into the city. She continues walking but then notices that she was alone, the streets were completely deserted. She was getting scared. "Maybe I should head back to the library," she thought. She suddenly bumps into a older man. "Excuse me."

The man smiles at her which made her feeling uncomfortable. "It's a nice day," he says.

"Uh-huh," she answers nervously.

"I hear it will get cold."

"Really?" She says trying to act normal.

"Yes, better get your jacket, you wouldn't want to catch your 'death' out here."

Bernkastel's eyes widen horror. "Um yeah, excuse me." She quickly runs off.

"Have a good day ma'am!" He shouts and she looks back to see him tipping his hat towards her.

She eventually finds a small bakery and goes inside. She sits at a table look at the menu. "Was Überstein here on Earth? No of course not." But part of her did wish he was, he might have been creepy but at least she would have known it was him and he did protect her.

She watches her fellow customers out the corner of her eye. None of them paid any heed to her, they looked totally ordinary. The bell rings as the door opens and she sees three older guys entering, they were talking loudly and laughing but other than that they gave off no weird vibes.

"Are ready to order, ma'am?" The waitress asks.

"Um yes, I will take two vanilla cake slices and some water."

"Coming right up."

She scrolls through her smartphone and then the bell rings again and she looks up to see two women entering the bakery, there was nothing strange about them. "Maybe I'm overthinking things."

Some time had passed and everything seemed normal so she breathes a sigh of relief. "I guess I'll hangout here for a while."

Her cake slices arrive and she begins eating. "Honestly I just had ice cream but this cake slice is good!" She scrolls through her phone and glances up at a couple, they were feeding each other cake which makes her smile. "Alexander," she murmurs and her smile fades away. She came back and barely talked to him, they needed to straighten out their relationship. She didn't mean to be gone for so long, it was beyond her control. She calls him.

****

Alex was at a friend's house helping with the rent and sell of textbooks for the semester. "I can't believe you have all these copies laying around."

"You never know when someone will need them, besides its cheaper than the bookstore," his friend Ben explains.

"I can't believe you're here and not cuddling with your girlfriend," the woman named Katrine says some ward annoyed.

"I'm just giving Bernkastel her space, ok? Is that so wrong?"

"Well the fact is that she's was abducted for months and yet you're not by her side and you don't seem all that concerned. Heck if it was me my boyfriend wouldn't let me out of his sight for one second."

"I am concerned!"

"They why aren't you showing it!?"

"It's just that....she had this look in her eyes, it scared me."

"Dude what the fuck is wrong with you?! Of course she's not going to stay the same, I've known Bernkastel almost as long as you, many of us here. She's hasn't been the same since the New Years/Victory Parade attack in January."

"To be honest you should have known, her grandpa was an investigative journalist who was taught how to war and her best friend is currently in the military so it was bound to rub off on her eventually," Ben adds.

"I know, I know, and I made peace with that, it was my ego that couldn't accept it at the time but this was different and this talk of Newtypes whatever that is."

"Dude she was held captive by the Zoya barbarians and one of them from what you told us has it in for her and will do whatever it takes to get to her so if you are a man you will go and support her in anyway you can, that's what she wants from you, it doesn't matter if you can't overpower this guy, what matters it that you stand with the woman you claim to love!" Katrine says sternly.

He nods. "I will declare my love for her and when negotiations are finished we will get married!"

"Allow me to interject," Ben says. "I just had a thought, before you pour it all out, you should inquiry Bernkastel's intentions."

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean is... You wanted to give Bernkastel some space which is good and all but was she clingy when she got back?"

Alex thinks about it. Bernkastel did hug him but she did the same to Adriana and her grandpa, she wasn't lovey dovey towards him and then she talked about the Zoyanese, particularly Marius and their Supreme Leader, there was no love at all. "No."

"See that's what I'm saying, what if, what if she moved on or worse the entire thing was staged?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Just hear me out, like you said, Katrine, Bernkastel hasn't been the same since the parade attack, we know that both her and that guy Marius were in the hospital for quite a long time, what if she consented to having sexual relations with him?"

"Impossible! Bernkastel wouldn't have lied about being humiliated!" Well the butt plug part.

"How can you be sure, they're both ace pilots, what if something sparked between them? You guys know I'm going to be a cop one day and from what I've learned things are not always what they seem. You even said you didn't think you were good enough because you failed to protect her, what if she thought he was the better man?"

Alex shakes his head, "She wouldn't go for an old guy, during that scandal in 2031 he was either in his late forties or early fifties."

"Well Lorenzo does look fairly well for an old guy," Katrine ponders.

"What if he had plastic surgery to make himself look younger?" Ben questions.

"If he did then there would be no reason for him to wear a concealing helmet. Anyway Adriana is most likely looking at the footage again right now."

"Have you seen the footage?"

"Of course I have, and so far all the men, young and old had alibis."

"Hmmm, it was reported that Marius broke out around 4am, do you by chance know who was the first to come through the main gate?"

"As far as I recall the first person was a blonde woman who came around 6."

"Well I guess that means Marius hopped the fence some time then, it's not electrical so that's the only way."

"But that still doesn't mean Bernkastel would cheat on me."

"How do we know for sure? You were surprised that she wanted to speak to him so soon and close up."

"Yeah but they got into it."

"It could have been a ploy to make us believe that they hated each other and since then she's was training and talking about Marius this and Marius that and he escapes, we can't find him, he possibly got through some secret entrance she only knew and then they're on the HLV alone to bump uglies all they want." There was silence. "Look all I'm saying is that you should inquiry Bernkastel's intentions before you declare your love."

"As much as I hate to admit it, he's right. No harm in asking, just don't come off as being accusing," Katrine adds.

He reaches for his smartphone but then it rings first. "Speak of the devil it's her. Hello, Bernkastel?"

Bernkastel: "Alex, we need to talk."

Alex: "Of course, babe, I was getting ready to call you. Are you alright?"

Bernkastel: "Yes, we just need to address our relationship."

Alex: "Where are you?"

Bernkastel: "Keith's Bakery."

Alex: "Ok, I'm on my way!"

He hangs up, instantly regretting he didn't tell her he loved her. He races to his car.

****

Thirty minutes later, Alex arrives at Keith's Bakery. He spots Bernkastel waving and smiling at him. They embrace. "Ready to leave."

"Yes."

"Where to?"

"My place, we can talk there."

They drive listening to some of Bernkastel's favorite songs which makes her happy and yet she felt strange, like she was reclaiming her innocence, away from the talk of possible war and the lives she took, she wanted to return to this, she wanted negotiations to be a success now more than ever.

They arrive at her apartment.

"So do you want to start or should I?" Bernkastel asks.

"I'll start. Bernkastel, I'm so sorry for my behavior towards you, my ego was out of control. I love you and will support you in all your endeavors!"

"Oh Alex! She embraces him again. "I'm sorry for neglecting you. Now that I'm back and on leave for a month we have plenty of time to spend. Our love will be much stronger. Marius doesn't come close."

Alex raises an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

"Huh?"

"What do by 'Marius doesn't come close?'"

"Oh I mean love is stronger and than hate."

"Bernkastel, did he do anything else besides leaving you in an humiliating state when you both were at the hospital?"

"Alex we already talked about that, he didn't. I only lied about the butt plug."

"What about on the HLV and your time on The Ultimate?"

"Alex, these questions were already asked and answered and they're both the same."

"Yes or no!" He says sternly.

"No."

"What about the crew and the their leader?"

"They never touched me in a sexual way."

"Even in the pleasure deck you mentioned?"

"No Alex, nothing ever happened, if I was raped I would have said something about it."

He breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry if I sounded like I was interrogating you. I just needed to be sure."

"Sure?" She questions.

"Yes, it seems like we can't have a decent conversation without you mentioning Marius."

"Well the man is trying to kill me and now we know why and you're on that list too you know. Earlier I felt like I was being watched."

"What?! Why were you acting so calm on the phone?!" He demands.

"I thought maybe I was overthinking things."

"Well considering how he kidnapped you the last time don't you think it's possible again?!"

"He wants to fight in a mobile suit," she answers calmly.

"He wants to fight in a mobile suit," she answers calmly.

"And what about the rest of us, he didn't say anything about using a mobile suit on us."

"The way I see it, my grandpa will be the last because he wants him to suffer, he has an order, first me, then Adriana, you, your mom and then my grandpa," she explains calmly.

"You don't know for sure!" He screams.

"Trust me, he will come for me first and when he does..." She smiles.

Alex didn't like this at all. Bernkastel was gambling with their lives based on a vague hit list and was smiling about about it. "Bernkastel, you're getting a sick sexual thrill from this aren't you!"

"I think it's more of a bloodlust," she admits.

Alex's eyes widen horror, but not because she admitted having a bloodlust it was the word itself separated, blood lust, 'lust!' "You do lust for him!"

"Didn't you hear me? It's not sexual lust it's bloodlust, totally different."

"I thought you wanted peace!"

"Marius isn't giving me a choice, he's going to kill me regardless of peace!"

"But if it's bloodlust then when will it stop, will you go looking for stronger opponents?"

"I thought you were going to support me in all my endeavors."

"I....this is totally against my mother's ideals!"

"Listen, I tried talking to him but he's determined to kill, I, we have a right to defend ourselves, we have a military, small yes but it's totally self defense, surely you see that."

"Sigh, you're right."

"Sigh, this is one hell of a relationship conversation and while we're on the subject, have you been sneaking around my back?"

"No, never. I'm been faithful since we started going out, I haven't looked at another woman, not even a man."

At that moment Bernkastel's eyes widen horror.

"Your abduction was definitely a low point but I still had hope, some of my friends were suggesting that I move on but I was determined to wait." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a ring box. Bernkastel starts tearing up. "I was going wait until later but....I had this since your abduction."

Bernkastel puts her head down. "I....I haven't been faithful."

Alex drops the ring box.

"I slept with Adriana."

"Wha...what?!"

"Yes...sob...sob, it wasn't even during our break. It was the first night I became a soldier."

"How could you Bernkastel? How could you?!"

"I'm sorry, she seduced me. She said it didn't count as cheating if it was me and another woman, she thought you would be thrilled!"

"And you believed that?!"

"Alex I...."

"It all make sense now, Adriana never liked me to begin with, she was scheming to steal you away from me! I bet you weren't really abducted, it was just a sexual rendezvous!"

"How could you say that!?" Bernkastel screams.

"How could you cheat on me?!" He roars which scares her. "I guess I was never good enough for you!"

"Alex please...."

"Save your words and crocodile tears for someone who gives a damn! It's over!" He picks up the ring box and starts to leave.

"Alex please! Don't do this!"

She grabs his arm. "Get off me you cheating bitch!" He shoves her and she falls to the floor. He slams the door causing her sob loudly.

****

Night had come, Lorenzo had eaten and was watching TV, everything seemed back to normal. Earlier he received a text from Bernkastel saying that Alex was going to take her home with a smiley face. Adriana would receive one too but unknown to Lorenzo her's would be different, it would have a smile with a kiss which indicated 'don't disturb me until morning, I'll call you.' His smile fades upon thinking about her creepy smile. "Even if things go back to normal will you, Bernkastel?"

The power suddenly goes out. Lorenzo goes into the kitchen to get some matches for candles when he notices that he forgot to close the kitchen window. He starts to close the window but notices something, his estate was on the outskirts but he had a good view of city and the lights were on. He ponders this for a minute, he paid the bill, maybe it was mistake. He pulls out his phone but there was no signal. "Something's not right." He goes to his security room and checks the cameras, all were offline even the battery operated ones. He races to his armory which had a padlock on it. He takes out his key and opens it.

"Alpha 1 we're in position."

"Then proceed."

Armed men with night vision goggles approach the front door, blow the doorknob off and storm in quietly.

Lorenzo could hear them approaching. As they get closer they stop and one takes out a grenade and throws it in the room he was in. It was a smoke grenade. He quickly puts on a gas mask and throws a grenade of his own. The men retreat. A second later he rushes to the exit and fires two shotgun rounds. They response with suppresser rounds. "Definitely not burglars, they wouldn't be armed with suppressers let along heavy weaponry. Marius must have sent assassins. He tosses a flash grenade and the men scream in pain. He unloads his shotgun into them. He gets at least four of them.

"Damn!" Alpha 1 murmurs. "Beta Team move in!"

Lorenzo hears the back door getting busted in. "Damn it! I'm about to be boxed in!" He fires another round and heads into another room and takes cover under the table. He reaches for his phone, he could still call 911, Minovsky Particle or not.

"He's about to call the police!" Alpha 1 yells. He fires but the bullets can't penetrate armored house. "Damn! Stop him!"

Lorenzo was about to make the call when a grenade appears. He quickly throws it back and there was screaming. Another is thrown in his direction but it throws it back. Gunfire hits the table but no effect. "Damn even the table for is bulletproof!"

Two grenades was thrown this time but he quickly throws them back but he didn't see the third grenade that was rolled at the same time as the two that were thrown which landed near the edge of the table. There was an explosion and Lorenzo screams and groans in pain.

"Alpha 1 we got him," one of the men radios.

Alpha 1: "He's still alive, hurry up and finish him off, those explosions have definitely caught attention."

Soldier: "Yes Sir!"

They move in slowly but then they hear screaming.

They look back to see Marius! "Oh shit kill him!" They fire but the bullets have no effect. One of the soldiers charge and attempts to hits him with the butt of his rifle but Marius catches it and tears it from his hands. Marius grabs the man by throat and hurls him into the ceiling. The second guy throws a knife at Marius but it does nothing. He kicks the soldier into the wall. He turns to the third man. "Please, I give up!" He throws down his rifle but Marius shoots him anyway.

Marius approaches Lorenzo. "So you're not with these soldiers?" Lorenzo questions.

"These people are competition, your death will be at my hands." He helps Lorenzo up.

"Why are you helping me?"

"I have certain order, your granddaughter will die first, then her best friend, her boyfriend, his mother and then you."

They make their way through the wrecked house. There was not a single living soldier.

"Who were these people?" Lorenzo ponders.

"Doesn't matter, they're just competition."

"So you know who they are?"

"They're just competition."

"That doesn't tell me anything! They were after me!"

Suddenly a soldier with an RPG appears and fires. Lorenzo scrambles for cover. The rocket hits Marius and when the smoke clears he was still standing. Lorenzo shoots the man. He runs to the soldier and checks his pulse but he was gone. "Damn, I didn't intend to kill him, I was hoping he could tell me who he was working for."

"I doubt he would have told you anything."

Lorenzo walks pass him and starts checking on the other corpses.

"It's useless, I made sure they were all dead." Lorenzo ignores him and continues checking but it was all vain. Thirty minutes had passed and Marius does a long range scan but there was no sign of anyone soldiers. "It clear but we must leave now."