Modern Fairy Tales Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jocelyn smiled without opening her eyes. She nuzzled slightly against Penelope before she answered. "I'm actually supposed to be working for the place that trained me. At least another year and a half. But mom is sick so I left and came back here. She needs someone to take care of her."

Jocelyn sighed. There was grief and resignation in the sound, but when she spoke again her tone was still light. "They'll send lawyers, I'm sure. Had a friend who left and wasn't allowed to work within a thirty mile radius of the place. Means I won't be able to use my license for something like five years, but mom comes first. Want to make sure she knows she's still important, even if she is dying."

The final word hit Penelope like a bullet. Death had never been anything but a plot twist in fiction to her. Even though she lived with her father, her parents were merely divorced. Jocelyn spoke of her mother's death with enough acceptance that she had to have not only seen it before, but often enough to lose some of its impact.

"What does she have? Can the doctors do anything?"

There was a definite bitterness to Jocelyn's laughter. "Kess, you know damn well we don't have insurance! There's probably something that could be done, but we can't afford it. Mom probably knows exactly what would help, but she hasn't told me. She won't stick me with the bill any more than I would leave her for all the money in the world."

Penelope was uncomfortable with the topic. She had always taken it for granted that if someone got sick they could simply go to the hospital. Only criminals avoided them because of the possibility of exposure and capture. "What about the job? The city's bigger than thirty miles across. There's got to be somewhere here you could work and still avoid their restrictions?"

This time, the sigh from Jocelyn was content. "Always thinking of me Kess. You're right, there are probably some places on the hill outside of the range, but they'd never hire me."

Penelope laughed. "Why not? You're good! I'd dare say you're the best I've ever seen."

Jocelyn stuck out her tongue. The simple action made the woman seem like a high-schooler. The image suited the youthful personality. "They'd never hire me because my blood's red as yours. I don't got no pedigree. I wasn't apprenticed by some high and mighty stylist. And I certainly didn't blow some designer off behind the runway."

Penelope was shocked by the casual way the woman insulted the stylists she'd visited all of her life. In some respects it was an assumption that Penelope herself thought that about Jocelyn. Unfortunately, she had to admit that many of her piers did think that way. Hadn't there been some media coverage of the amount that President Clinton had paid for his haircut?

In the end, Penelope decided that all that mattered was the result. It shouldn't matter what the person charged, or where they were trained. All that mattered was that the product was the best around.

A glance in the mirror confirmed that Jocelyn's work was second to none. "You never know, you might find a job up there yet."

Penelope's muttered comment wasn't truly meant to be heard. That was a good thing since Jocelyn had fallen asleep cuddled against her.

* * * * * *

Kess had no idea who to contact. She felt she had to warn someone, but anyone who she contacted would discover who she really was. Even if she managed to avoid trouble over that fact, she didn't even know who the man was. That would probably be easy enough to find out, even if it meant just parading everyone on the grounds in front of her.

Finally, Kess had no proof but her word. She knew all too well that her word would be questioned heavily. She was from a poor family and pretended to be someone she wasn't. What's more, anyone who worked here was certain to be above reproach.

Kess nearly jumped when hands closed across her eyes. She tried to spin but the grip, though gentle, was unquestioning. Only the soothing tenor voice quelled any of her terror. "Guess who?"

There was no way Kess could possibly guess. Given the relative youth of the voice and the familiarity of the action it was likely to either be a relative, close friend or Penelope's fiancé. Beyond that she had no information to bluff. All she could do would be to hope that Penny would be expected to play along. She tried her most coquettish voice and mixed it with the truth. "Oh, I could never guess!"

One hand slid to her chest and pressed her back against a very masculine body while the other dipped much lower. Kess fought the urge to stiffen as that hand slid to cover between her legs suggestively. Unless Penelope's relatives were very disturbed, her bet was now the fiancé.

"You can't possibly have forgotten me, my love." The words tickled Kess' ear. There was a fondness in them that she couldn't deny. It reminded her that there were people who could truly be hurt by the deception. "You can't know how much I missed you!"

Kess tried to relax back into the embrace as Penelope likely would have. It didn't feel natural for her but she hoped it did to him. From the slight bulge that rubbed against her butt, she assumed he bought it.

His hand shifted. He began to move the slit in the side of her dress back. She stiffened slightly at the familiarity but kept her reaction under control. Of everyone, this man and Penelope's farther were the most likely to discover her deception. Besides, with his arm around her, she could not move if she wanted to. Instead, she tried to distract him. "What have you been up to?"

Kess shuddered with a mixture of primal anticipation and horror when his cheek caressed her neck. He took an audible breath through his nose. "I love the perfume, love. You know it always makes it hard to think around you."

The man sighed theatrically. "But to answer your question, I've been managing the company whileyou slip of and have fun slumming." His tone turned serious, and no little bit wounded. "I hope I don't hear that you've been toying with me. It would be awful to see 'Branson Carlton spurned by love' all over the tabloids."

Kess had no idea what Penelope's intentions had been at the rave, but she didn't think it had been to pick up guys. "Is that why you sent my guards to fetch me back before I could enjoy myself?"

Branson chuckled. "Actually it was your father who insisted, I simply pointed them in the right direction. You know how much he worries about someone taking advantage of you."

With the last comment he twisted the bottom of the dress further. A hard form, covered by silk, pressed suggestively between her firm cheeks. Branson carefully began to walk her towards the bed. With each step Kess weighed the possibility of exposure more heavily against the potential need to let him have his way with her.

A foot away from the bed, her hand came up to lock around the intricately carved bedpost. It took him a moment to realize she had stopped and the form pressed more firmly against her. He whined quietly in her ear. "But you promised the next time we saw each other..." He let the rest hang in the air.

"I'm, I'm not really feeling up to it at the moment."

Branson's hand grabbed a handful of dress and pulled it up quickly. He collected it in the hand that held her virtually immobile and reached down for the rest. Kess' legs nearly buckled from the sensation of the silk as it slid quickly up her body. The amazingly soft fabric seemed to taunt every nerve. The sudden exposure to the air sent a shiver through her.

His hand found the band of her underwear and slipped beneath. Kess was amazed by how smooth and gentle his hands were. Somehow, he maintained the masculine, inescapable, strength but did not have the rough calloused hands she knew from the few men she'd been with.

The shudder that overcame Kess when his hand circled her was entirely of desire. While he wasn't speaking, she could almost imagine it was Jocelyn's finger.

The finger dipped deeper. It collected a slight amount of the moisture that began to seep from her and returned, lubricated, to torment her. As her body began to jerk in response to his touch, she decided it wouldn't be out of the question to let him if it meant avoiding prison.

Kess let out a moan that was only half feigned. It was all the encouragement Branson needed. She wasn't even sure how her thong ended up on the floor, it happened so fast. Still pressed against his body, she felt him slowly reach back and pull down his boxers. When the solid form bounced back up and pressed against her, she had to fight another fit of distaste.

Branson's hand released her unexpectedly. She didn't even have a chance to catch her balance when the same hand pressed between her shoulder blades. Thrown off balance, she collapsed with her stomach on the edge of the bed. She felt him crash to his knees behind her and only belatedly prayed he didn't want the smaller hole.

Kess was relieved to feel his form settle between her lips. She was glad that he had chosen to be behind her because her face couldn't betray her true feelings. Where Penelope might enjoy this, she just accepted it.

She winced and her eyes closed tight as he began to push inside of her. There was no desire, so her body had not prepared itself. Fortunately, Branson merely groaned in appreciation and commented how tight their time apart had made her. Clearly she hadn't been cheating on him.

As he thrust in and out of her, Kess tried to pretend it was something else. She tried to imagine Jocelyn with a strap-on behind her. They had, on occasion, used toys but she was usually the dominant partner. the older woman was simply to gentle to take control very often, and certainly not when they'd experimented in any way.

Even had the daydream worked, the grunts and moans that drifted over Kess' shoulder were far to low to be any woman she had ever met. She found it strange that such a gentle tenor voice could sound so low and gravelly during such an animal act.

When his pace began to speed, it occurred to Kess that he hadn't taken the time to put on a condom. She doubted he had diseases, but she wasn't entirely certain whether or not she was fertile. Even without the confusion over her identity, she certainly did not want a kid yet!

Branson was moments away from finishing. Kess was just about to beg him to stop, pull out or something, when a fist pounded on the door. His weight pressed against her, pushed him deeper than he had yet, but he did not retreat. Fortunately, he also didn't seem to have climaxed. "Go away if you value your job! We're busy!"

Something about Branson's low growl played across Kess' mind, but she simply couldn't figure it out. Likely it was simply her own joy at the interruption, combined with her annoyance at his further threatening the employment of Penelope's staff.

"I'm sorry sir. I did not realize you were with the Mistress. However there is a matter of great urgency. I need to speak with her right away."

Kess whimpered when Branson began to frantically pound into her. She knew, even before he spoke, what his intentions where. He would finish quickly and then let them in. "Give us one minute and we'll be ready."

Her depths began to sear from the friction. She couldn't understand how he couldn't be in as much pain. Yet he continued to speed up and push himself deeper. She bit her lip to keep from crying out. Likely he would think it pleasure, but she wouldn't even give him that satisfaction.

Branson's hips jerked erratically and Kess knew he was about to finish. She preyed that she wouldn't get pregnant. For those moments she could believe in God, if only he would keep her safe.

With one fluid movement, Branson pulled out of Kess and casually used his strength to roll her uncomfortably onto her back. The action shocked her so much that it took her a moment to feel his knees press on either side of her hips or his hand pin both of hers to the mattress. His other hand fitfully pumped his own length.

Kess' eyes widened in comprehension at just the wrong moment. She saw the white stream of his seed fly out. She watched it fill her vision for a moment before it covered eyes that barely closed in time to protect themselves. Even still, she had seen far more than that. She had seen too much.

Branson climbed off of her. She heard pants zip up a few moments later. Then he spoke in that deep, cold voice. "You had better jump to the closet and find something to wear. You look a mess."

Kess scurried for the closet as he left without another word. She quailed before the truth. She had just let that cold-blooded murderer fuck her.

* * * * * *

Kess' hands shook as she dialed the phone. She wasn't sure if she should call, but she was in deeper than she had imagined she could be. She needed help.

"Hello?"

The groggy voice on the other end of the phone was certainly Julie. Kess had never been so glad to hear her sister's nasal voice. "Julie! It's Kess..."

"Kess? I heard her come in, one second, I'll get her." Kess growled in frustration. She had hoped she could talk to one of her brothers. they would know what to do. Somehow, they might be able to get her out of this terrible mess.

Kess didn't even get a chance to straighten out the confusion before she heard the phone dropped on the table. After a minute waiting, it was picked up once more and a vaguely familiar voice answered. "Uh, hello?"

"Penny!? This is Kess! How in the hell did you end up at my apartment?"

"Kess!? I'm sorry! I didn't mean to intrude. I was waiting for you to return, like you suggested when..."

"Never mind that now, Penelope Carterborn!" Kess had hoped that the use of the woman's full name, or at least as much as she knew of it, would stop the explanation. There were more important things to deal with. "You have to come home right now!"

"Why? Wait!Come home? How did you end up in my house!?" Apology had turned to indignation. Kess couldn't blame the woman. After all, she'd just had the same reaction at finding Penny at her home.

"Your guards picked me up by mistake and wouldn't believe me when I tried to tell them I wasn't you. Seems Penelope Carterborn has something of a reputation among them for being able to slip away?" From the pregnant silence she could almost imagine Penny blushing at the truth of the statement.

Kess shook her head. "That's not what's important right now. Please! Just come back home as soon as you can. Don't come in the front door either. Sneak in however it is you get out."

"I...I don't understand, is something wrong?"

"Not now. Just come home and I'll tell you everything." Kess hung up without another word. She didn't know Penelope and her apparent twin didn't know her. She only hoped that she would come, and quickly. With everything going on, she needed allies.

Besides, Kess couldn't simply tell Penelope over the phone that her fiance had somehow murdered her father.

* * * * * *

Kess paced the expansive bedroom nervously. The door opened, and she turned to rail at whoever tried to disturb her. At this point it didn't matter if fits of temper were out of Penelope's character.

The tirade died on Kess' lips as Branson leaned against the doorframe. His eyes were calculating as they swept over her posessively. She wondered how Penelope ever could have thought this man loved her. Perhaps the other woman didn't think that. TV and movies constantly mentioned arranged marriages among the rich.

Branson half turned and closed the door behind him. "Everything's taken care of my love. The funeral, the calls, the lawyers. I've set my people on it so that you wouldn't have to worry about anything. I know hard this must be on you."

When Kess had been told of her supposed father's heart attack, she'd known instantly it had not been natural. The puzzle became clear. Branson wanted everything the Carterborn's had and only the final wedding with Penelope remained.

Branson began to walk towards her, and Kess promptly sat in what had to be the world's most comfortable chair. She barely noticed through her fear. She only hoped that her terror of the man would be mistaken for grief.

"You know, we should live here when we're married." Kess' eyes flew back to him in confusion. He stood in the middle of the room and glanced around as he appraised it. "It's so much bigger than mine. Besides, it's so much better here. With a few modifications, I can easily make sure you don't escape."

The casual tones belied the threat behind the words. Somehow, she didn't understand his words. Why would he possibly think Penelope would want to escape? If she did, she would simply refuse to marry him and all of his plans would be undone.

Kess' body froze in instinctive terror when he lunged forward. He stopped right in front of her on his knees. One hand covered her mouth while the other drove between her legs to rudely grab her. She felt his fingers attempt to push inside of her, only to be held back by the fresh dress and underwear she wore.

"I'll cut to the chase. I know you're not Penny. Why do you think I wanted to fuck you so badly? I wanted to see how good you felt. It's been too long since I've had any except for her and she's gotten boring. Likely, so will you, but by then it won't matter."

Kess' eyes widened in confusion and fear. "You want to know how I knew? Your perfume. Penelope wouldn't know that scent to save her life. It's too cheap. Me, on the other hand, I know it well. I'm surprised my cock doesn't sweat the stuff with the amount of women that rubbed it off on me."

Branson's hand shifted and ripped the dress before it returned to her crotch. With only a single layer between them, he was able to push deeper this time. Kess tried to struggle, but he simply pushed against her mouth. With her head forced back, she had no leverage to fight with.

"You see, Penelope wasn't the only one slumming. I had to go downtown too. down there I could fuck as many of you whores as I wanted without worrying that I would be found out by anyone who mattered."

Kess whimpered through the hand as he slid the underwear to one side. He went straight for three fingers. Even her scream was too muffled to be heard beyond the door. Branson began to laugh as he pushed harder and forced his other finger in.

"God your tight! You haven't been loosened up yet. Don't worry, I'll make sure to do that for you." He pulled his hand out. Kess sighed in relief, until she felt his fist curl around the underwear.

Kess' screams redoubled. His entire fist pressed against her opening. It was far to big to fit within her, but she knew he would keep pushing until he filled her with it. Meanwhile the fabric, now little more than a thin rope in his hand, bit cruelly into bother her tender mound and her ass.

Branson never stopped talking. "You see, you are the answer to all of my prayers. I was worried how I could continue to fuck other women and still keep control of the company. Inevitably, Penny would have found out and divorced me. she, of course, would have gotten everything."

Now, with you here, I can marry you in her name and have it all. You know nothing about the company, so you can't wrest control of that from me. As for other women? Hell, I might just bring some home and have an orgy right in front of you. Maybe make you join in!"

Kess fought against the hand that held her mouth and shook her head even as she screamed in pain. It felt like his hand had begun to tear the skin.

"No? You don't think so? It's possible, you know, that something might push you too far. You're only facing life in jail after all." With the potential sentence, his fist slammed fully inside her. The pain was unbearable! She could only imagine this was what labor felt like.

Branson held her immobile for a minute. Slowly the pain began to ebb until only the bite of the fabric remained from where he'd pulled in deep inside her. Her eyes watered and her voice was raw from the silenced screams. He finally let go of the underwear a few seconds after the last of her screams had subsided.