Modern Secretary Ch. 05 - Forest Trails

Story Info
Alex tries to move on, but his past won't let him go.
3.2k words
4.21
1.6k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MrJakobs
MrJakobs
164 Followers

Alex admittedly had second thoughts about buying his home, but the forest trails were one of the few things he enjoyed about it. He often walked them alone, dancing between thoughts of work and daily life.

But in the end, his mind always returned to that night. To the look of ecstasy on Chloe's face, the dominating smirk Edward gave him as he left the evening. The shame and excitement he had felt while staring at Chloe on the bed, ravaged and exhausted. Her skin covered in sweat and cum. He recalled the anger he felt when packing his bags to leave the house. She begged him not to go, begged him to talk things through. But Alex left Chloe alone in that house, leaving her behind like another bad memory to be forgotten.

Alex was pained by the knowledge that achieving his dream had come at the cost of Chloe. He had found freedom, but he had found it alone. As Alex meandered through his emotions and thoughts, he heard a familiar chime in his ear. It was Amber. Alex let out a sigh as he tapped the side of his temple.

"Hope you have good news." He said calmly.

"The servers are ready to go, but they are too weak to support my more advanced functions. I am doing my best, but the hardware they provided is limiting. Did you let Sharp Edge know they'd need upgraded racks?" Amber asked, a hologram of her body appeared in Alex's vision. A projection from his mind that only he could see. Alex had designed Amber to appear as a white-haired vixen, a projection he admittedly felt slight embarrassment over.

"I did, but as always, they won't budge until there is a major failure," Alex said.

"You think they want them to fail?" Amber asked, though she didn't need to. Risk assessment was hardwired into her, she already knew the answer to her own question, arguably better than Alex could've answered. But Alex didn't create Amber to be another vapid AI system. He wanted Amber to feel as real as possible. Alex loved the touch of genuine conversation, he wanted the user to feel as though Amber was right there with them, conversing as you would with any colleague. It was one of Amber's strong selling points.

"Not likely, Sharp Edge has no reason to tank their Amber instillation. It's likely just budgeting." Alex said, crisp leaves crackling underneath his boots as he turned a corner and neared his home.

"I suppose it would be hard for the Sharp Edge Lords to enjoy themselves without their yachts," Amber replied, sarcasm pungent in her voice, "I looked into their finances by the way, 7.8 million is the minimum starting salary for a Noble. Obscene."

"You shouldn't tell me confidential information, Amber," Alex said. Amber let out a playful laugh.

"I'll share what I want. It hasn't gotten us into trouble in the past." Amber said, her holographic body turning to look at the landscape. A nice illusionary touch. She was mapping the environment in real-time through Alex's neural signals. She saw what he saw, felt what he felt. Her body walked alongside him, matching the local light to make it seem as though she was there. The hologram technology was groundbreaking, but it was still in development. Amber was Alex's test AI, the first to receive the gift of environmental interaction.

"Sharp Edge is different. Another level of company. The middle companies tow the line of their Lords, but Sharp Edge is a Lord. With Nobles and alliances to preserve it. They will be far more protective of sensitive information." Alex replied. Amber sighed.

"Alex, they aren't going to destroy us for knowing how much money they make. Like always, the security measures you requested are already in place. We're simply gossiping." Amber responded, looking up at the tall maple trees. "I never did congratulate you on the new home purchase, did I?"

"We've been a little busy," Alex said. Observing Amber as she stepped towards a tree. Her hand reached for it, passing through its trunk before readjusting to rest on its surface.

"I should have said something. Work isn't the most important thing in life after all. So congratulations. You really did pick a wonderful spot." Amber said, looking back at him and smiling. Her eyes glowed a soft blue as she stepped toward him.

"Yeah..." Alex replied softly.

"How are you doing with the whole Chloe situation?" She asked. It always surprised Alex how real Amber felt. Her response time and ability to read the situation was seamless.

"Seeing her again was troubling," Alex said, rounding a corner and seeing his house in the distance. Its sleek windows and rock-faced siding a welcoming site.

"You saw her today at SharpEdge?" Amber asked curiously.

"You're going to act like you didn't hear what happened?"

"You told me to stop eavesdropping. Was Edward there?"

Alex didn't respond. Amber nodded slowly.

"He was. God, that must have been awkward," Amber said.

"Very." Alex agreed, walking off the nature trail and rounding another corner to his home.

"You never did tell me what exactly happened between you three..." Amber said curiously. Alex cleared his throat, but before he could come up with a response, he froze in place. Shocked to find Sarah patiently waiting at his front door.

"Sarah's here?" Alex asked, looking at Amber with surprise. She gave him an embarrassed shrug.

"It might have slipped my mind to tell you," Amber said.

"You forgot?" Alex asked, though the question was more to himself than to Amber. He knew full well Amber couldn't forget, at least not unintentionally.

"It's been so busy after all," Amber replied bashfully, staring at Sarah with grimace. An expression Alex had never seen Amber make.

"How long has she been here?" Alex asked.

"Long enough that she's been trying to call you," Amber replied. Alex looked at her with some surprise.

"You didn't think to let the calls through?"

Amber merely smiled, "They should be coming through now." Alex scoffed.

"Well, thanks for the warning." He walked up behind Sarah, who calmly looked down at her phone. "Didn't think you were one for surprise visits," Alex said.

Sarah jumped before turning to him. "Oh my god! You scared me!" She said with a laugh, she quickly opened her arms to hug Alex. She squeezed him tight, holding for longer than she should have, Alex did the same. Sarah released him with a gentle laugh. "How are you doing? I heard you went to Sharp Edge headquarters today and didn't tell me?"

Alex's eyes trailed over Sarah. She wore a baggy sweatshirt coupled with jeans and sneakers, all of it complimenting her athletic curvy figure. Alex looked away bashfully, his eyes catching Amber as she rolled her eyes and disappeared from his vision.

"Things got a little busy," Alex answered calmly, returning his attention to Sarah.

"Too busy to drop by my desk and say hello? Suspicious Alex." Sarah raised her eyebrow as she took a step toward him. Alex raised his hands in the air playfully.

"No, really, it was a crazy day." He spoke with a light air in his voice, it made Sarah smile.

"Well regardless, I decided I'd come and force you to interact with me. Want to go do something fun together?" Sarah asked, leaning forward as she moved her long golden hair behind her ear.

"I don't know..." Alex rubbed the back of his neck, his mind immediately returning to Chloe as he stared deeply into Sarah's eyes.

"Yes, you do. Come on, let's get lunch." Sarah said coyly, beginning to walk over to her car parked in Alex's driveway.

The warm sun mixed with the cool winds of autumn, and as Alex watched Sarah turn back to smile at him, Alex's sense of guilt melted away. There would be plenty of time to worry and hurt over the past. For now, all that mattered was this moment with Sarah.

"Fine, but I'm driving," Alex answered, promptly walking ahead of her.

"Oh, are you sure you don't want to take mine? I know your car was on the fritz a while back" Sarah said.

"I've upgraded," Alex replied, opening his garage door to reveal a jet-black car resting inside. Hints of an 80s design strung throughout its body. Sarah's Jaw dropped.

"Holy shit! I thought you weren't a car person," Sarah said, eagerly walking into the garage.

"I'm not, except for this one I guess." Alex walked over to the passenger side door and opened it, raising a hand to Sarah. "Shall we?"

"I can't wait to see where you'll take me." Sarah took his hand with a smile, stepping between him and the car, assuring her body brushed against his. Alex closed the door behind her, a feeling of happiness returning to him he hadn't felt in some time.

--

The hours flew by with Sarah. Alex hadn't felt himself laugh or smile this much in a long time. They went to lunch, talked until sunset, then walked around the city. Stopping to take pictures at fun sites or explore random stores. It was a magical day that concluded near the city's shoreline. As they strolled along the shore's walkway, Alex watched Sarah lean against the walkway railing, gazing off into the sunset. Her green eyes lit like Emerald's in the glowing sunlight.

"We should probably get back soon," Alex said, leaning on the rail next to her.

"Just a little longer..." She replied. The two stared in silence, enjoying the stillness of each other's company.

Peace followed the gentle crashing waves and cool gusts of early autumn. Sensations stilled against the cold railing and nipping air. Hearts fluttered at the occasional touch of skin and the sweet smell of perfume caught in gentle breezes.

"Alex," Sarah said.

"Yeah?"

"I loved today." She said.

"I did too," Alex replied. The two locked eyes for a long time. A welling of passion erupting between them. Alex wondered if she could feel it too. Then, without warning, Alex saw Chloe flash into his mind. A look of ecstasy poured over her face, and for the briefest moment, Alex saw Sarah in Chloe's place that night. He looked away, and Sarah did the same. "We should start heading back."

"Yeah, let's go," Sarah said.

--

Twilight was coming to a close as Alex pulled into his driveway. His eyebrow raised as he spotted a familiar car parked.

"Huh," Alex said, pulling past it and into his garage.

"Expecting company?" Sarah asked, looking back at the car.

"No, actually," Alex answered. Putting his car in park and killing the engine.

"Do you know who it is?" Sarah asked, now a little concerned as she looked back to the vehicle again.

"Unfortunately, yes. Come on." Alex said, opening his side door and walking over to Sarah's side. She exited before he got there.

"Don't need you for everything, Alex," Sarah said with a smile. Alex nodded and led her to his front door.

He already knew who would be there, and he already knew the drama which would follow. His chest tightened as Sarah let out an agitated sigh when she spotted Chloe ringing Alex's doorbell.

"You've got to be kidding..." Sarah whispered to Alex. A welling of conflicting emotions erupted inside him as Chloe turned around and spotted them both. She looked just as disappointed as Sarah.

"Hey, Chloe," Alex said awkwardly as he and Sarah walked up to the door.

"H-hey! Just thought I'd come and say hi, it's been so long..." She looked at Sarah, "Sarah, hey, didn't expect to see you. What were you two up to?"

"Lunch, actually," Sarah replied, locking eyes with Chloe. Vixen could be territorial, Alex knew this, and the swishing of either's tale did little to mask their dislike for one another.

"Oh, lunch. That's great, well I actually need to talk with Alex... so maybe you two could catch up on business some other time?" Chloe said. She looked at Alex intently, a look she would always give when she wanted to make his heart skip a beat.

"It was personal actually, a date." Sarah replied, "And I think Alex and I were coming back to his place to relax, so maybe you guys could catch up another time? We have a long night ahead of us..." At those words, Alex flushed. Chloe glared at Sarah, she opened her mouth to shoot back a retort, but before she could, Alex stepped in.

"Actually, I was feeling pretty tired." He said with an awkward smile. Neither seemed pleased by this answer. He turned to Sarah. "Sorry, maybe we can pick this up another time? What do you think, no reason to ruin a good day, right?" Sarah let out a triumphant smile, glancing over to Chloe with a smirk.

"You're right Alex, there's always tomorrow. I'll call you, ok?" Sarah said, walking up to him and kissing him on the cheek. She turned to leave before Chloe could say a word. Chloe gapped for a moment. He could tell she was hurt, but in truth, he had a hard time not feeling some satisfaction.

"You're dating Sarah now?" Chloe asked.

"It was a one-time thing, just went out and caught up," Alex replied, surprised he was downplaying his and Sarah's relationship. Chloe nodded, taking a deep breath as she rubbed her shoulder.

"I mean, you're allowed to date. I-I'm not saying you can't..."

"I know," Alex replied, putting his hand on his front door. It unlocked. "Well, like I said I'm pretty tired so..."

"Can we just talk for a little bit?" Chloe asked, her voice beginning to shake. "Please, Alex."

Alex walked through the threshold, letting out a sigh. He looked back and saw Sarah pulling out of his driveway. She smiled and gave him a wave, a slight look of concern on her face as she drove off.

"Shit... fine, but just for a minute Chloe," Alex said, walking into his open kitchen. He opened his fridge and pulled out a beer, turning to face Chloe as she leaned over his kitchen island.

"Do you want something to drink?" Alex asked.

"I'm fine," Chloe answered gently. Alex nodded, popping his beer cap off the corner of the island and turning to Chloe. "You shouldn't do that. Especially with granite. It'll chip..."

"I know you didn't beg to come in here to talk about counter-tops Chloe." Alex shot back. His voice carried an air of cruelty, Chloe took it in stride.

"You have every right to be angry about what happened, but... I feel like what you said, about me cheating, is unfair and..."

"Unfair? We said no penetration, Chloe. Oh, and by the way, I looked over our texts, we also agreed on no oral, but you did both," Alex said, doing his best not to shout. Chloe's eyes widened.

"You... knew about..."

"Of course I knew! I saw you two! He was skull fucking you into oblivion, and then, once he was done. You two laughed?! LAUGHED?" Alex said, leaning on the kitchen island.

"Alex... I can leave if you don't want me here." Chloe said nervously. Alex sighed and took a deep drink.

"No I... I'm sorry... I want you here." Alex replied. Chloe watched him for a moment.

"I thought you'd stopped drinking."

"Well, you'd be amazed at the kinds of habits you pick back up after your girlfriend passionately fucks your boss in front of you."

"That's not fair."

"How, how is it not fair?" Alex asked.

"Because you could have stopped it! You said yourself, you saw the blowjob, you were WATCHING me fuck Edward! Shit, even in the pool when things were first starting up, you could have said STOP! I thought you liked it, you seemed so turned on. Why didn't you just say something... why didn't you stop it..." Chloe replied, tears beginning to well up in her eyes.

Alex went silent. He wasn't sure why he hadn't stopped it. "It was shock, Chloe. They were moving so fast... I didn't..."

"Alex, we both got duped by them. They had us targeted. I was in heat, Alex. It was like they knew..." Chloe shook her head, "And you seemed to really like it. Then, when they left, it's like a switch flipped inside you. What changed?"

Alex shook his head. "Once it all sunk in. Once I put together what had happened, that was it. I couldn't look at you the same..." Alex paused, Chloe waited for him to continue, "It was how much you liked it Chloe... how passionately you fucked him... and now you're his Work-Wife?"

"That's not fair, that's NOT fair. I didn't take the role until after you dumped me." Chloe responded.

"What, a month after our breakup? Are you serious right now? You're literally his fuck buddy Chloe."

"No! I... yes we have sex, but you don't understand. That stature has a lot of sway, it's helped me with a lot of bills and personal issues. I only took it because..."

"Please, just... stop talking..." Alex shot back, walking backward and slumping against his cabinets. He downed the last of his beer, opened his fridge, and took out another. "You're still fucking him Chloe... and I know you like it."

"I'd stop in a heartbeat if you asked Alex," Chloe said, her eyes filled with tears. "I mean it, I'm so sorry. I would step down from the Personal Assistant role. I would leave Sharp Edge if it meant having something with you again."

"But you'll fuck Edward up until then, right?" Alex replied. "No reason to let a good dick go to waste."

"It's so much more complicated than that Alex."

"Is it?" Alex challenged. "From where I'm sitting, it would be as easy as saying you're not going to fuck him anymore. Jesus, you're not even his girlfriend Chloe it's..."

"Fine!" Chloe said, "I'll stop fucking him. Is that what you want to hear? A Personal Assistant doesn't need to fuck Alex."

Alex let out a dry laugh, "Jesus Chloe, listen to yourself. Have you forgotten the world we live in? Yes, they do actually. That is literally the whole reason they created the role. You stop fucking, you're out, and not just out of the Secretary role. You're out of Sharp Edge, you're out of marketing."

"Then I'm out." Chloe said weakly, "Alex, I... I love you. I don't love him, I never loved him. This has all gotten out of control I just... I want you again."

Alex felt so much anger and guilt inside himself, but he had nothing to say. Chloe stood from her chair and knelt beside him.

"I love you... Alex." Chloe said, raising her hand to his cheek. Alex grabbed her hand, but didn't push it away. It had been so long since he felt her, he missed it. Slowly, Chloe leaned in, but she froze when there was a knock on the door. Alex stood immediately and began to walk toward it. "Alex..." Chloe called after him, as if knowing who was waiting on the other side.

MrJakobs
MrJakobs
164 Followers