All Comments on 'Money Talks To Exchange Students'

by HS98

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad situation, and the long convoluted sentences made it hard to read. Please get an editor.

HS98HS98almost 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Well, you can certainly describe it that way, but I liked it enough to write it and at least some people here seem to like it as well, so, I'd say that it's fulfilling its role as a story pretty well.

Yeah :D, long and convoluted sentences have been a thing I've been dealing with when writing my stories for some time now. Not sure about an editor just yet, though. And also, it's becoming a part of my writing style by now :), though I'm nevertheless always trying to make my stories as readable as possible.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Hard to read and very unfinished.

cageysea9725cageysea9725almost 2 years ago

Saying that badly written is a style is a pathetic excuse. If it's not worthy of understandable writing, then it's not worth writing. Stop being lazy, and learn English, otherwise you don't need an editor, you need a ghost writer (someone who actually knows English).

HS98HS98almost 2 years agoAuthor

@muskyboy

Unfortunate that you find this story to be so, hopefully, you'll find yourself liking my other ones better.

@cageysea9725

Well, that's your opinion, which you have a full right to. Personally, I quite like the way I usually find myself writing, and as long as the readers like it as well (which, given the overall reception my stories have received on this site, I dare to say is the case), I don't really see the problem.

cageysea9725cageysea9725almost 2 years ago

It is rather telling that you think that badly written as a style is pathetic, and that you believe your 'writing' is well received. With less than 10 followers per story and this one managed to squeak out a barely over 4 star rating, there aren't many people anywhere that would describe that as anything better than a poor reception.

Based on the 3 comments here that don't come from you, you managed 3 out of 3 comments that are negative. Doesn't THAT tell you anything? You probably think that's a good reception also.

HS98HS98almost 2 years agoAuthor

@cageysea9725

Oh man, you're really funny to talk with :D. Are you sure you aren't going to repost your stories back on the site? You having some parts of the site to directly talk with would definitely beat randomly catching you doing your whole "grumpy old man" shtick in the comment sections of other, random writers, which is all that you've been doing for the last year or so.

Well, yeah, considering that I just write stories as a hobby, I rather like the reception I'm getting on the site. I have no idea why you think that having "10 followers per story" is some important threshold to reach, but I was pretty safely over that before I released 9 stories in less than a month, which is of course going to change the numbers a bit, though I'm definitely going back to that pretty soon.

Most of my stories are also far from "squeaking out a barely over 4 star rating", and are actually pretty solidly in that rating group.

And yeah, as I said, I know that this story was received less well than most of the others. You know what REALLY illustrates that, cagey? The fact that, out of the 44 stories I have on the site, this is one of only TWO you've commented anything on, and the ONLY ONE you've said anything more than a few words about. The vast majority of the others have overwhelmingly positive comments, dozens of favourites, and, COINCIDENTALLY, not a trace of you doing your whole "you suck as a writer" routine in their comment sections. And trust me, THAT tells me a lot.

cageysea9725cageysea9725over 1 year ago

You've managed 1 rating over (and just barely) 4.5.

HS98HS98over 1 year agoAuthor

@cageysea9725

Yes, and? A story doesn't have to be "Hot" to have a rating that's safely over 4, which a vast majority of my stories have, along with, as I've already mentioned, an overwhelmingly positive reception, with a few of them even either already having 100+ favourites, or certainly reaching that in the near future.

Ever since I've published my very first story on this site, I've had people, both readers and other writers, reach out to me to tell me that whatever story of mine they happened to read at the time was one of the best stories they've ever read on this site, and that they absolutely loved it. For a guy who writes stories just as a hobby and to simply pass time, I'd say that that's a pretty good reception.

I know how much you love popping up in the comment sections of random stories in this category to insult the writers (especially new/amateur ones), tell them to never write again and blah blah blah, but sorry, too many people have loved my stories over the years for it to work on me :D.

cageysea9725cageysea9725over 1 year ago

"Other writers"? You obviously mean other typists. You are no writer.

HS98HS98over 1 year agoAuthor

@cageysea9725

You're still there? LMAO. Well, believe whatever makes you feel better :D.

By the way, if the only thing you can offer are pathetic insults, I'll just delete them. I actually used to think that there was an actual reason why you were always so smug and nasty when commenting on someone's story, that you'd be able to provide a comprehensive critique and push back efficiently when challenged, but, seeing the bad attempts at comebacks you wrote so far thankfully disabused me of that mistaken notion. Given how old you are, the sight of you acting like this is just pitiful, and the fact that you choose to spend your time on the internet acting more childish than most people who could be your grandchildren would is simply sad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHS98@HS98
Current status of my works: - I'm not focusing on English-language works so much right now, instead writing mostly stories in my native language, since the local erotica scene here really needs all the shots in the arm it can get. I might post those stories here in the other ...