All Comments on 'Monster'

by jamesapple

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments (Page 2)
BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

Silly, sophomoric prattle.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

@BuzzCzar.

Czar hey? lol.

Just remember, if you choose to roll the dice and interfere with someone's marriage, you may succeed in conquering your intended target, but that target has another person who is intimately bound to them.

That person is unpredictable.

It may be that the person folds and slinks away, but it may be that that person just won't take it lying down.

It's out of your control. Rob a person of the thing they hold dear, and that person no longer has anything to lose.

That's why, in a real-life situation, a man turned up at a family Christmas party in a Santa suit carrying a shotgun and blew people away. They destroyed him, so he destroyed them.

I'm not saying I condone such actions... but I AM saying, if you fuck with things you shouldn't, then any blowback is on you.

It may be that such outcomes are evil and disproportionate, but when you get to that level of action and counter-action, the 'rules of polite society' no longer apply and will not save you.

You don't ever really know people. You don't ever really know who could be your undoing. You don't ever really know who could be your worst enemy.

If you or I could know that, then there would never be another school shooting.

Silly, sophomoric prattle? Go ahead and have that attitude, but live honorably yourself, because even if you think that, the person who looks at your thick head through a scope may not share that view, and if the trigger is pulled, no amount of politically correct, 'civilised', liberal disdain is going to stop your brain matter from turning into a good facsimile of strawberry jam... and if it's the result of your own actions, there will be few who mourn your loss. I would not be one of them.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

People wondered why the 5 years...

God, people, in the first place, does it matter?

But for the peanut gallery....

It may be that it took a while for Greg to throw off the shell of his self-invented civility.

It may be that he never, ever wanted to talk or deal with them at all, but with the daughter growing up, and life events around the corner, he finally had to set the rules.

It may be that his love for his daughter kept the betrayers out of harm's way.

It may be that he waited until he was sure that the two love-birds weren't just having a passing infatuation, and he wanted to ensure they were committed to each other before he let the hammer fall. That way he would know that he really interrupted the lives they actually wanted.

In the end, their betrayal unleashed the monster. That was his new (old) life. He let them be for Carly's sake, and he also gave them this warning for Carly's sake.

Not for theirs.

They were already dead to him. All he did was let them know the score.

That it fucked up their 'happy ever after' was just a bonus.

Second time reading. Just as good as the first.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld5 months ago

Monsters live openly in society, and most go unnoticed until some stupid fuck wakes one up. Then he or she is never the same person again, even with those who never wronged him or her.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove3 months ago

“Greg sighed, paused, then started talking. "So, first, I want to kind of lay out some ground rules. First, I know I told the two of you that I never wanted to speak with either of you again. For today, for this conversation, I want that set aside. I want you to be able to speak your mind. Secondly, I want to get this out of the way, uninterrupted. It'll just be a couple of minutes, then either of you can jump in. Good?”

These are the rules. I have said my piece and you leave. Yes, I am sure that he is DSM 5 certifiable. I think this makes for an interesting follow up if Tom has been recording the conversation. Greg may be a predator but predators can be trapped. This was especially the case in the early days of zoo creation… he doesn’t have to talk to Greg. He just has to let Greg’s voice talk to Carlie…

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Great story. Greg paid Tom back for ruining his marriage. He scared the chicken shit asshole into impotence. Spoiled Karens fun with the same hammer.

CaptFlintCaptFlint3 months ago

Dude, you are an awesome writer. Thank you for a very well done story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

wow! fucking wow! captivating

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

hummmm well written yet somehow i am not positive if i like it or not i think. i think it is that Greg lost the most and that seemed unfair(ya ya ya life aint fair ) i think 5 stars though cause well works that make you think deserve it

OOAAOOAA3 months ago

GREAT STORY!!!!! I would have even been more BTB mode indeed...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Please consider writing the alternate version where the wife decides to embarrass her ex husband at their daughter's wedding because he won't let bygones be bygones.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Since we're in fantasy land and you left off the part about Cartoon Greg's demise at Cartoon Tom's hand one evening.

No body was found. It was just simple self-preservation. What did Cartoon Greg expect after threats like that?

And no, that didn't fix Cartoon Tom's "performance" problem in the bedroom.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjamesapple@jamesapple
Have been lurking for years, figured it was time to start putting myself out there...so to speak. Love useful criticism, not a fan of "Cuck, 1 star" - how does that help? Retired military. Don't be shy, drop a line! And Earth, Wind & Fire's version of Got to Get You Into My...