All Comments on 'Monster'

by jamesapple

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He should have done something to them

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

Wow! A dark masterpiece. 5 stars.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmabout 1 year ago

It was well written, but the content... wasn't this just yet another weird powerfantasy?

I mean, my first problem is the notion of Tom still caring that much about Greg after five YEARS of no contact. Not a word spoken in half a decade, and he still cares THAT deeply for Greg? Then, the pain he caused by taking away his wife should've already achieved the impotence part.

Which brings me to the other point. No amount of psychological trauma can counteract viagra, mate. That's not how humans work. This is pure wishful thinking.

skruff101skruff101about 1 year ago

Pretty good story well executed, your afterthought hit the nail on the head, a spouse dumps a heavy load of shit on the marriage (husband or wife makes no difference) divorce ensues and according to most other authors here they all forgive and forget and there’s jam for tea, get real.

KarnevilKarnevilabout 1 year ago

The author appears to have left out the part where Greg spends the rest of his life in a prison hospital, strapped into a straight jacket, gibbering and drooling like the brain dead physco he obviously is.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 1 year ago

I liked it straight to the point. Not sure about the ex husband being a psychopath but it was effective 😊

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Good story about a very disturbing person.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pointless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The problem: escalation.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Yeah, I don't get why you need to be civil to a cheating former spouse.

I liked how Greg destroyed their marriage, just like they'd destroyed his.

servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Wow absolutely paralyzingly Omer the top!!! Absolutely loved it!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good! 5*

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

And another author outs himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A bit over the top and dark but cheaters need to pay.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 1 year ago

Interesting outlook. But quite ridiculous. A bullet would stop any deranged moron. Also, waiting 5 years, until his daughter was ready to graduate, then doing the "bully boy" monster routine! Why didn't Tom just tell him "Try any of your stupid antics and I'll blast you first and ask questions later. YOU stay away from US!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another compassionate psychopath. Well done.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Meh - Started out with potential but then lost steam and ended on the floor. Well written narrative and flow. 3*

avidreader123avidreader123about 1 year ago

I want more Greg tales, him destroying flagrant serial seducers as a traveling serial killer perhaps.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 1 year ago

I can only hive this 3 stars. The Greg in this story would have ended both of them when their betrayal was revealed not waited 5 years

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was one of the most pathetic, juvenile examples of BTB wish fulfillment I’ve read in this site. Good lord, if you didn’t have decent writing mechanics, I’d swear in court that you’re no older than fifteen.

demanderdemanderabout 1 year ago

So Greg has a core of anger, and the apparent ability to carry out complex crimes. I can see getting even with the guy he tortured. But where did the anger come from? D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow. Evil incarnate.

ibuguseribuguserabout 1 year ago

Very nice. Not a big fan of btb or crazy husbands but this was well done. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"her ex-husband couldn't or wouldn't move past what he saw as her betrayal" - What he SAW as her betrayal? What would she call it, if not a betrayal.

\

"I grew up with you, you couldn't do...THAT," - Yes, you grew up with him, and stole his WIFE.

\

If Tom was Greg's best friend, he must have met Karen many times before the wedding, and they only realized they were soul mates AFTER the wedding? After they were married long enough to have a child?

\

I also see this as an answer to those who want to know what happened next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bra-VO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yes, we do wear masks. You treat your parents one way, your wife one way and your children one way.

NsfwavengerNsfwavengerabout 1 year ago

10 bucks says this author owns a joker costume and enjoys brooding in as theatrical a way as possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Appeals to my darker side, thank you.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 1 year ago

Very nice short story. 5 stars

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Well written. You did a great job of describing the level of hurt he felt by their betrayal. However, it seems to me that when you give yourself over to that much hate, I mean when you just let it consume your entire being, you have surrendered your life to those that wronged you. I can fully understand the desire for revenge, but at some point, you must move on or forever become a hostage of your own hate.

EhsheehsheEhsheehsheabout 1 year ago

Love the story excellent work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well done. Scorched earth is the only solution to a situation like this. Glad Greg had the balls to go that route.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

not my type of story

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 1 year ago

So Tom and Karen stayed together in a married but sexless life. Sounds like Tom was emotionally / verbally castrated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Damn good. This could have been an episode on the show Dexter.

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 1 year ago

Very nice. Well not "nice" maybe, but very well done.

5*

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 1 year ago

5* Violence and permanent damage against a scumbags mental and emotional equilibrium. Got it! Kewl!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Witing about 1500 more words would have beefed this up, brought the terror/horror much more to the forefront. Still, very well written and compelling for such a short story. Thank you.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

We all have a good person and monster inside of us. But as the Indian’s (Native Americans) always tell their young, “It is the one you feed the most that grows the largest.” Another thing they speak of is that you need both to survive in the world. One to ensure the world maintains a balance of good and evil. The second to ensure you maintain that same balance. All the while you must understand that sometimes the monster has to be unleashed to keep the evil part of the world at bay. Always strive to be the best person you can to yourself and others. There by making the world around you better by your actions.

Your story earned the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ that I gave it.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

jbpeters74jbpeters74about 1 year ago

Wow, Loved it please make a longer version. It is like you took the little voice in all betrayed husbands’ head and brought it to life. Keep up the good work.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

That was intense. I think reality would include the two of them going to the police, but I'd sure avoid a psychotic guy like that regardless of whether he was wronged or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love it! 5/5

jopstorm1945

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

I liked it. It's very dark. I can understand it on some levels, and I can sympathies with Greg. A friend like Tom, knowing each other for as long as they did, just doesn't do what he did. The writing was good, but the subjects of the story were just not likable enough to give it 5-stars. 4-stars for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Literotica? Where’s the eroticism in this story? I’m sick of all this revenge crap that is being posted in this category. This is supposed be a sexy story site. Literotica please create a new category for this type of rubbish.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

WOW, the evil shown in this story is fascinating! Great writing, Great Story! Very Good effort on the part of the writer. 5 Big Stars to the writer. Thanks Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sick. This story celebrates a severely unhinged man - and the author talks about "scorch that earth". Yesterday a similarly unhinged person walked into an elementary school for their own reasons - which must have been just as justified in their deranged mind - and shot three children and three adults. It's about time we quit celebrating mental illness - and revenge of this sort does exactly that by writing that torturing and cutting out the adulterer's (Sarah's boss Gene) tongue and eyes was justified. He certainly deserved some punishment - but mutilation?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

People betray one another all of the time in myriad ways, not all of them related to sex or romance. You, the author, betray people and are probably even unaware sometimes. Greg, as a human, betrayed people. Perhaps someone Greg betrayed in the past needs to chop off his hands before he gets a chance to dole anything out.

I've found that people who are the most self-righteous and angry are often the most blind to their own harmful acts to others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Be careful, the brigade of the Holy Father or White Knight will fall on you.

Here, the husband, betrayed and deceived, must always have exemplary behavior, never insult, never speak to even adult children, always forgive......

Otherwise .... I quickly enumerate the consequences:

- you will age sharply

- you will be a single person, without a relationship and without a friend.. (a dog or a cat is allowed)

- you will get cancer if you don't release anger

- you will lose your hair even if you have good genetics

- You will gain at least 30 kilos even if you run every day.

So be careful! The consequences are definitely not worth the risk.

Forgive ! Forgive ! Forgive !

😱🤔🤣🤣🤣

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 1 year ago

Haven't I read this before?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is not erotica. It does not belong on this website.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I just love this monster and the beauty of its retribution.

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 1 year ago

Gave you extra points for that last bit on why you wrote this. Just read another where the wife essentially conspires to kill the husband and they're friendly with each other in the end. Totally needed this after that and glad I read this last.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Rantings of a psycho, not revenge. Just sad, and ridiculous. No kids perspective?

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 1 year ago

Stories like this and the score they get confirm that this page is full of people living in the past and full of hate.

I get it; the system sucks and favors the wife when she cheats, gets a divorce, and takes the kids and your paycheck.

But letting the system break you and turn you into a ball of hate means it won. And you let it win.

I pity your second or third wives that have to live with you.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66about 1 year ago

Nicely written. I'm not a fan of burn-the-bitch stories. But this does show a different take on that theme.

It gave me pause to think about what incidents in our own pasts had someone else turning each of us just a little darker, and what role any of us has played in bringing out monsters in others?

I'll give it a 4, because I still don't LOVE BTB stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Storyline seems a bit contrived. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

We now live in a world of violence as people fall into so many categories of delusions,brain washed, cultist, angry people , blame everyone for their failure but themselves , mentally I’ll, sociopath , just to many to list . We fed them with the lies our media puts out,politicians ,and other groups as we continue to destroy our way of life from within and the world burns as dictators kill for their own sick agendas. What have we become?

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 1 year ago

Greg gave Tom five years of enjoying Karen in survival mode, then he verbally cuts Tom’s dick off. Tom knew that it was wrong to steal his best friend’s wife. He had time to savor Karen sexually but to be thrust into a hell of his own making, after five years, pure evil!

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

What an awesome stand up guy, look after wronged family!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Both men will pay dearly the rest of their lives because one will not give up his hatred of the other. A superbly crafted, if intensely chilling tale.

sqzrplzrsqzrplzrabout 1 year ago

Could have done with a little more character development , But still an interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

outstanding story, what most cheated on husbands wish they could do

steppinontoes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Greg is simply an avenging angel created by a bitch of an exwife and exfriend. Would love for you to do a follow-up story about Gene Mulcavey.

Looking at the comments I see the usual limp dick wimps whining like the little bitches they are. Their weak constitutions can't handle any type of violence.

Someone commented that the real life Tom and Karen would have gone to the police. I doubt that as they were both scared shitless. Greg would more than likely been released at some point and they knew he would kill both of them.

RK52RK52about 1 year ago

Great story but incredibly dark. I agree it is very intense albeit justified. Kind of one of those stories that will be remembered but somewhat as a nightmare. Still gave it 5 stars.

furburger69furburger69about 1 year ago

that yarn kept me riveted from start to finish

thanks mate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still, it seems to me that there is a way to inform a blind and tongueless person about who kidnapped and mutilated him. You can write without seeing what you are writing. It will turn out, perhaps, not elegantly, but clearly.

PentafelixPentafelixabout 1 year ago

Just another violent, misogynistic, POS snowflake of an MC.

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

Enjoyed it muchly!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I read fantasies to connect with one or more of the characters portrayed. I want them to make me laugh and cry, to be involved…to be emotional. I want to become part of them. For that to happen there needs to be sanity.

My feeling about the story?

I can not connect with the psychopath Greg is. Brutal insane revenge is disgusting to me. It is not an acceptable BTB. It is not justice…it is just destructive hate. The strong implication that he tortured Gene is indicative of his insanity, as are his threats to Tom. He is just fucking nuts in a very humanly destructive way. He needs to be confined away from the general population. Certainly not adored, complimented and imitated.

Tom is a very emotionally weak man, who has no idea about friendship, caring or loyalty. There is no love in his being…not even for Karen. He is a self centered, using asshole, who needs serious therapy to just be able to live normally. Talk about a loser! I can’t connect with his character at all. Frightened stupidity in the face of life is just a flat out turn off. With a friend like Tom, who needs an enemy?

Karen is not much better in the way she dealt with Greg, her daughter and her committed marriage. Her narrow minded selfishness and lack of loyalty, caring and love is a serious put off. Her bullshit “soulmate” feeling is not love…rather it is based on selfish need, and damn anybody who stops her from getting what she feels she deserves. I run away very fast from women like her.

Yes, I feel the story was well written and presented, but I did not connect at all except with head shaking rejection. The idea that we all have the Greg type monster living within us, that needs control or it will become us, is just bullshit, IMO. In real life there are very few insane people among us (and they all seem to be politicians…but I digress,). The great majority of us (90%?) are just ordinary people living and reacting to life, as best we can, in an acceptable way. I enjoy stories based around that 90%.

1 star…for the insane violence driving the story, and the silly monster idea.

Merlin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant. About time someone wrote a story of what it truly feels like to be betrayed by someone you loved rather than the usual wimp nonsense that most authours write.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

We can choose how to respond to anything that comes at us in life!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sometimes you have to be a monster yourself to deal with the real monsters

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Psychotic maybe, but having your wife leave you for your best friend could be a little hard to deal with rationally.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 1 year ago

At first wasn't sure I would like this, but glad I finished it. This is a different type of BTB, where fear is used to get revenge on someone, where their own fear cripples them. It is like "The Monsters on Maple Street" in the old Twilight Zone, where aliens cause weird things to happen and people's fears destroy them.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 1 year ago

Been there, well, very close.

SkanderbegSkanderbegabout 1 year ago

Wicked. Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Revenge, ah! what sweet sorrow. Be careful who you wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short and sweet. well said. Got his point across just fine. As far as them going to the cops, He threatened no one but made his point clear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If Gene deserved to be made blind and dumb because he seduced Sarah and destroyed her family, why didn't Tom deserve the same punishment for having seduced Karen thereby destroying her marriage to Greg? Obviously, being perpetually frightened and permanently impotent are significant consequences for Tom's actions, but they pale in comparison to being returned after an abduction without your eyes and tongue. After all, even a monster needs to show some consistency in his use of terror and violence.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Why do people insist on posting comments about whether a story belongs on the site or not? The mods allow it, ergo it belongs. Feel free to report it, or contact the mods, I doubt that they will change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow! That was different. Very twisted story, but excellent writing.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Brilliant, just so good. A really good story, put together so well, loved the deepness of it, what a great way to get back at them.

Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ambrose Bierce in the family tree?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why let them enjoy themselves for five years before laying this on them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Quite clever. Disguised as a sheep, but revealed to be a rabid wolf. Simple, pithy, and efficient unlike so many other stories on Lit.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[09.04.23]

Wholllleee Schnikie!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My Best friend was a Marine Gunny .. His wife still thinks he is a friendly Person . I have seen the anger in him . I give this story 5 stars

maninconnmaninconnabout 1 year ago
Oooooo….brrrrrrr….

Cold.

And very good!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really liked this - the second 5 I have awarded. Awesome let have more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really like it, but why did it take 5 years!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

What goes around..........

kamdev99008kamdev9900812 months ago

Marvelous

outstanding performance of Greg as a Monster

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjamesapple@jamesapple
Have been lurking for years, figured it was time to start putting myself out there...so to speak. Love useful criticism, not a fan of "Cuck, 1 star" - how does that help? Retired military. Don't be shy, drop a line! And Earth, Wind & Fire's version of Got to Get You Into My...