Monsters in the Dark Pt. 01

Story Info
A young woman haunted by monsters from an early age.
2.8k words
4.51
17.7k
47

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(This story has a few experiments for me. This is the one of the first one's I've written in first person. It's one of the first ones I've written where the reality of what's happening is ambiguous within the story. It's also one of my first stories that needed some context from childhood, so you get a fairly quick view of her early life up until the night everything actually starts moving. The story itself is, of course, fiction. Oh, it's also the first one I've submitted here in over a decade. )

I have monsters in my closet.

And under my bed.

As a child, they terrified me. My parents couldn't see them, but my uncle could. I had given up on going to my parents for help when they started creeping out into my room, until one day he came in to check on me and one was leaning over me breathing heavily.

He got so angry! I couldn't see what he did, behind the monster, but it squeaked in shock and dissolved away, and all the other tendrils and creepy crawlers on the walls scurried back into the dark closet as he gave me a big hug and I clung to his neck trembling. "Don't interact with them." He whispered "You can see them, you can be afraid. But don't try to talk to them, or anything. I'll drive them away."

I remember him and my dad shouting at each other. I stayed with my uncle for two weeks while we moved. He did something in my room, and it smelled funny for weeks afterward, but my new room was so cozy and the creepies weren't there!

At first.

As the funny smell faded, they always came back, sliding in through the window open to the summer night air, or just darkness mounding up and up to form the creatures that haunted me. Dad still didn't believe me, and Mom...wasn't worth talking to.

After about a year of terror filled nights, my uncle always came back and chased them away again, and we moved, again.

Then, my dad came and told me once after we moved, that my uncle wasn't going to be able to see me ever again. He wasn't good for me, that he was the source of my "Monster Delusions" and so he was to be kept away from me.

I cried for a long time. And the monsters came back in just a week because he wasn't there to do the funny smelling thing. I huddled on my bed sniffing, as they crowded around my bed snuffling and shoving each other so they could stare at me.

"If you're scared of something, you should name it" I remember the nice lady my parents took me to twice a week saying. "The more you don't know, the easier it is to be scared of something. But if you give it a name, you know more about it and you're not as afraid, and it's even harder to be afraid of things if you give them a funny name."

I think that's how it went?

So I started mentally naming them. Sometimes, I would share the names I gave the monsters with the nice lady. There was Manyhands. He looked like a blob, kind of like a person, but bigger, and had arms on top of arms on top of arms. I couldn't count how many arms he had.

Wigglebutt was some kind of spider...thing? He always crouched on the ceiling staring down at me, and his butt was always moving back and forth. He never made any other sounds except the clicking of his feet.

Bad Bear was one that I never saw directly...he always took over one of my random stuffed animals, turning the funny face into a scary one, and walking it over to my bed and climbing up. He was one that sometimes touched me. The next morning I always woke up with that animal back to normal on the bed beside me...my parents never believed me when I said I don't sleep with a toy!

Those were the three that had always been there. There were more, but they came and went and were different every night. Until Eyesquid showed up one winter. He looked like a big ball of squid or octopus legs, each one had an eye on the end! He would hang down from the ceiling fan and stare at me with all his glowing eyes.

Then there was Face. I never saw him. Just his evil red face outlined outside my window. It didn't matter if I was on the first, second, or third floor, if there was a window. I think he was an animal shadow thing, because I could hear him growling and scratching.

They almost always were there, even when we were on vacation in hotels. Except Bad Bear, because I never brought any animals. Though he would show up if my mom bought me one while we were travelling.

I knew they were there even when I was too tired to stay awake to see them.

As I grew up, I stopped talking about them. Even to the therapist I was still seeing. My uncle was never mentioned, and I was scolded every time I asked about him. I have no idea what he'd done to get everyone so angry. I figured it was probably my fault, him protecting me from the monsters that no one else could see.

They still crowded around my bed at night, every night. As the years past a few new ones would sometimes show up. The ones that stuck around got names too. Smokush, always just looked like a cloud of...well. Smoke. He would ooze out from the vent and swirl around my room. He almost wasn't scary, watching the patterns he made was kind of nifty. Actually, scratch almost. He wasn't scary. Familiarity had chased away terror. Sometimes, having them huddled around my bed staring at me was almost comforting.

I think I was around fourteen when Whisper started showing up. I'm not entirely sure because I never saw him at first, only heard him. As time passed he grew more and more distinct. Green glowing eyes on a snake-like body that was coiled around mine, his blunt head staring at me as many voices whispered in my head. As he grew more visible, he also grew heavier. He was the second that I was sure actually touched me, having his weight wrapped around me as it increased, night by night, was...kind of scary. It almost brought back that old terror...but. He never coiled around my neck or kept me from breathing, though he did often wrap my hands and arms to my side. In a weird way, the restriction kind of felt....good? Like a weighted blanket, kind of comfortable.

Part of me had always thought as I got older, that they'd fade away. You always hear that about childhood monsters and night terrors. They fade and get forgotten, or barely remembered. Not me. Sometimes, I wonder if secretly, everyone was like that. They still had their childhood monsters roaming around, but never said anything, because no one else did, and they'd all gotten used to them at that point, everyone always thinking THEY were the weird ones for still having them. I did, eventually, come to understand what they were all gathered around me all the time for, why they had lurked for so long.

They were waiting for me to grow up. Nothing really changed until a few weeks after my eighteenth birthday.

My mom had, haltingly, explained things to me back when I went through Puberty and my boobs came in. She also got me a book on it that didn't seem very...useful? But it wasn't a very pressing thing for me, not until this night.

My dad was watching some movie or TV show, and I was getting ready to go up to my room. I stopped and watched a little bit at his door. It was some heavy fantasy type, I'd heard people talking about it, it was gossiped about how it should have been X rated because of everything in it. I don't think my dad knew his door was open, because it was apparently at the start of one of those scenes. There was a man tearing the dress of a woman, but judging by her moaning at each ripping sound, it wasn't exactly unwelcome. I turned red and fled upstairs, but the sounds somehow followed me. The moans, and gasps and sound effects were doing something, making my body feel too hot.

I closed my door, and clutched at my stomach, which was filled with butterflies for some reason.

Look, even knowing about sex, it's awkward sorta watching your dad watch it on TV.

But my mind kept replaying those few fragments I saw, and the sounds I heard. I couldn't get them out of my head. What would it...feel like? Having your boobs touched like...that?

I reached under my shirt and bra and tried it. I tried squeezing, and it felt...okay? Kind of good? Not at all what it sounded like that woman felt.

I took my shirt off and stood there, breathing heavily, Echos of that scene still playing...or was I hearing the movie still?

I threw my bra to the side, I felt so hot I just...needed to get out of my clothes. I don't even remember taking it off. I slipped out of my pants, and slid my hand down between my legs, like that guy had been doing to her when she...Okay, yeah...that felt kind of good, but not really shouting "Ooooh" levels of good.

I was confused, and horny and conflicted about it, and I didn't know what to do. I flicked my room light off, and crawled on to my bed, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. I could almost see them immediately. They were staring at me again. But somehow more intensely? I was sitting up in bed, staring at them, staring at me. My hand still down between my legs. "It's not polite to stare" I said, "give me some privacy guys, unless you're going to give me a hand..."

They. Moved. Fast.

Whisper was the first, his weight hit me hard around my shoulders and bore me down to the bed. I reflexively reached up to grab at him, but he coiled around my hands and arms and they ended up stretched out above my head. No matter what I did, I couldn't free them from his strong serpent's grip. I think I started to scream but he wrapped a coil around my mouth and muffled it. Manyhands and Eyesquid were next. Eyesquid dropped down in front of my head, blocking my view of the rest of the room. His many eyes staring directly into mine, as he extended new tendrils down to...gently caress my nipples? I was breathing heavily in panic but that touch sent fire through my body. I kicked but my leg was caught by a hand...then another hand grabbed my foot, another my knee, then the other leg was caught. My legs were gripped by five or six pairs of hands, I could just barely make out the shape of Manyhands past some of Eyesquids tendrils, leaning over the foot of my bed ominously. Leaning over my naked body ominously. He spread my legs...gently? And I felt his fingers probing those folds I had just a few seconds ago been touching myself. And his touch sent shivers of pleasure through me that my own had not. The scream that Whisper was muffling gurgled off into a confused moan. I could hear his voice then, the whispers. He was the one echoing the scenes from the movie in my mind...I could almost understand his words promising more pleasure than I could imagine.

My mind was racing. What was going on? No...no way. Were my childhood monsters about to RAPE me?! But my body was aching for more, too. Eyesquids tendrils were gently squeezing my tits and it felt great. And I could feel Hands playing with...parts of me down there I didn't know existed, and that felt amazing too. I wanted more.

But they weren't real...were they? I mean, I'd always seen them...I was always told they were a figment of my imagination. I couldn't be raped by my own imagination...? Could I?

Was it even rape? After all, I did ask them to lend a hand...And Manyhands certainly had enough of those...

Fear and desire were warring within me, and desire was winning. My body was almost moving on it's own, writhing in the grip of Manyhands as he stroked and circled and teased my sex. More of his hands reached up to grab at either side of my waist, a pair wormed underneath me to grab and squeeze my butt and two more replaced Eyesquid playing with my boobs. Eyesquid himself moved back up and hovered at the ceiling, his many eyes focusing on multiple parts of me at once. Whisper relaxed his grip on my mouth as I was panting and moaning now, instead of screaming. "...More..." I gasped out "...please"

I read the book, so I knew what was supposed to happen. Would...they go that far? Which one would...could even do that? I've never seen a dick on any of them, but I also hadn't seen Eyesquids's extra tendrils before...

There was no reply. Whisper kept whispering echos of pleasurable moans and screams, promising that for myself, and more. Manyhands kept playing with my pussy and my tits. I tried to buck my hips, to get a finger up inside me, just a TASTE of that feeling...but no. Eyesquid kept staring. There was a part of me I had only just realized was empty and I desperately wanted it filled. My moans were more urgent now, but they kept working at me at the same pace, not increasing it like that feeling demanded.

Then Manyhands started to let go. He released my tits first, pulling away one pair of hands at a time, until I was left hot, sweaty and panting on my bed, my arms forced above my head by Whisper, mewling and wanting more as they withdrew.

That's when Bad Bear climbed up onto the bed. I had won one of those giant, almost human, sized stuffed animals a few years back, but I kept in the attic, just to keep him from using it, because a human sized Bad Bear felt like a bad idea to me. At the time.

Right now, it felt like a great idea.

He was wearing that giant pale blue stuffed bear as he climbed up and over to me. I spread my legs wider, whimpering in desire. I didn't see anything between the bears legs though, so I thought I was in for more teasing...but even that felt pretty good.

To my shock, delight and, buried, horror, as he pressed himself to my hips, I felt SOMETHING hot and hard slide inside me, filling a space that had all my life been empty. My body arched and spasmed as he entered me. I expected some pain...all the books and stories said my first time would hurt. I couldn't say if it did or not, my mind had gone blank for that moment.

But when thoughts started coming back, he withdrew, and shoved himself up inside me again and it. Felt. Amazing.

Eyesquid descended again, and wrapped his tentacles around my breasts, one suction cup opening like a mouth as it engulfed my nipples and started sucking.

Time had ceased to have meaning, I was being fucked by some kind of imaginary monster inhabiting a teddy bear, held in place by an imaginary monster snake and my tits teased by an imaginary squidthing. Some small part of me somewhere was sure that if I hadn't been insane before, I certainly was now.

When Bear's thrusting started becoming faster, and more violent, Whisper lifted his head in front of my face, his green eyes and markings glowing brighter and brighter. I moaned against my snake gag, but I couldn't take my eyes off him. As bear thrust himself inside me, I felt...something. Something hot, pouring into me.

And I blacked out.

I woke up the next morning with a start, my eyes snapping open. I was under my covers, like normal. I was wearing the pajamas I had been planning on changing into when I'd first gone upstairs. Was it just a horny dream, after all?

When I got out of bed, I saw that giant teddy bear flopped awkwardly on the floor at the foot of my bed. And the fur of his crotch was all mussed and looked like it had been wet and dried kind of sticky.