Monstrous Lovers Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
capn_doggy
capn_doggy
1,051 Followers

I only had time for a glance before she was moving. Quicker than thought, she lunged forward, her long webbed fingers wrapping under my armpits and over my shoulders. She pulled, making me tumble into the water. Disoriented, my vision was filled with nothing but bubbles and flashing light as the lake woman dragged me deeper into the water.

Then panic struck.

Thrusting and fighting in her grasp, I fought to claw her, insensate with instinctual animalistic fear of drowning. Bubbles flew from my mouth as I started to scream. Releasing me for a second, she curled around me like an eel, the fingers of one hand cupping my mouth forming a seal, the other pinching my nose closed, systematically cutting off all methods breathing.

She's trying to drown me!

This was one of my worst fears, having had a scare in my youth that to this day made me unwilling to have water cover my head, even in a bath.

"Chance! Stop panicking Boss! If you don't calm down, I'll have to emergency eject us," Eve said, cutting through the fear. I willed myself to consider her words slowly. Digesting each, one crumbly word at a time.

Not real. Just a game. Not real. Just a game. I recited that mantra as I consciously thought about conceding.

I stopped struggling, floating weightless in the cold water as the girl held me to her breasts. Tapping her thigh in surrender, my lungs began to burn as the murky light filtered down to our depth.

What the-?

Bewildered by the events transpiring, I watched as the merfolk, drew forth an corporeal orb from her sling, bringing it to my forehead where it sunk in with a pleasant warmth that dissipated throughout my body in tiny streams of hot chocolate.

She released me and I couldn't help but try to take a breath, my lungs giving me no choice in the matter.

The panic returned for a brief moment as the water rushed through my mouth.

Only to be diverted to an entirely new tube in my throat to sluice through two pairs of matching gills on each side of my neck to return to the lake after being divested of the necessary oxygen. Blinking at her in surprise she gave me a demure smile, before opening her mouth and speaking, her voice deep and resonating in my bones as it vibrated the world around us, at odds with her delicate features.

"It seems I need to apologize. I didn't realize you would begin to panic before I could get you a breathing stone."

More blinking.

Frowning, she looked sad by my seeming lack of response which was less about anger and more a general state of shock.

"You should really say something Boss."

Right. Talking generally involves two people. A call and response type of thing that requires two people to perform. The panic of my near drowning had left me reeling and off balance.

"I'd hoped to... Well, it doesn't matter what I'd hoped. Its obvious I've made you extremely uncomfortable, which wasn't my intention. If you'd like I can take you to the surface?" she asked dejectedly.

"No," I said abruptly, my fear and shock dissipating as the societal niceties that had been drilled into me when young began asserting themselves.

"Oh. So you'll make your own way then. That's fine," she said with a voice that indicated it was clearly not fine.

"Not what I meant," I said hurriedly as she twisted gracefully in the water, her lengthy tail fin preparing to propel her away from me.

Wow I'm really screwing this up. It feels just like my first prom date again.

"Awwww. You were so cute back then, you had that pretty little blue bowtie. And you only managed to fumble the corsage three times before you finally secured it around her wrist."

My face blushed in a way that only happens when remembering the embarrassing naivete of youth.

There should be a statute of limitations on teasing, like ten years or thirty times revisiting the same scene.

"How about later that night when you leaned in for the kiss at the door but you closed your eyes too soon and you managed to headbutt her nose. Classic. You know what they say: love waxes for a lifetime but a good story lasts forever."

Nobody says that.

"They will when I tell them your story," Eve said, her drawl and laughter ringing through my brain.

God save me from intracranial AI's.

"Careful with that Boss, I might just send any prayers you make along. God's do exist here remember? They listen and respond."

Gulp.

During my quick exchange with Eve, the mermaid had turned, peering at me carefully through the lake water, a guarded expression on her face as she waited for me to elaborate.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked. I experimentally kicking my legs, testing my motion in the water. I bobbed upward for a moment, the mermaid following, cautiously closing the distance between us. An orb was held in her outstretched hand. Taking it from her, I gave her hand a reassuring pat and a smile. A sliver of a smile was offered in return, and she stayed closer to me than before, which was promising.

It's not her fault I have a fear of drowning. Thanks for helping me suppress that Eve.

Orb of Temporary Shapchange - Merfolk - Allows the user to temporarily assume the form of a merfolk. Lasts for thirty minutes before expiring.

Looking at the orb alerted me that I had an additional message waiting.

You conceded.

Escaline has defeated you.

Escaline used the Unstable Cells to force the liquid breathing alteration onto you. Reminder, unwanted changes can be removed at an Altar of Elum

Liquid Breathing - Allows the user to breath in any liquid of sufficiently small viscosity. Primary Stats - Willpower

It's interesting that the skill is liquid breathing and not water breathing. Also, just how sufficiently small viscosity are the talking?

"Why Boss? Planning to immerse yourself in a vat of honey or something?" Eve chirped sarcastically.

Not having a response, I let her remark slide without commenting. Curiosity, as it so often does, won out over caution as I crushed the orb in my hand, the familiar flash of light spilling out around my fingers. The mermaid looked gleeful, clapping her hands with dull thuds in the water in front of her naked breasts.

I feel like a disney princess, I thought as the light swirled around me as my body began changing. My clothes magically vanished under the with the light and I was a little self-conscious as the mermaid eagerly appraised my naked body. Trickles of chilly currents trickled around my body as a membrane enfolded me head to toe, the cold mountain fed water no longer uncomfortable against my skin. My legs were next, the muscles feeling strange as I lazily kicked in the water. It became hard to move my thighs, almost as if they were magnets, resisting each time they seperated. When I stopped moving the skin blurred and flowed as it molded together into a single appendage. Like a zipper being pulled shut, once it started, the melding of my legs didn't stop until it ended at my feet. Feet which looked and felt more and more indistinct as time passed until my legs were nothing but a single appendage with a nubby ending. I kicked experimentally and I felt that my muscles now possessed enhanced strength and flexibility, easily cutting through the water.

The girl clapped again with child like glee.

"You look like an ugly combination of an earthworm and a human."

You cut me real deep, Eve, real deep. Also, you're just jealous I'm gonna get to play around with a mermaid and you're stuck inside my head. And jealousy is a stinky cologne dear.

Fins popped from my forearms, covered in glittering cerulean scales that fanned out to cover my arm in a bracer like sleeve; simultaneously, similarly colored scales covered my fin-less tail. The scales on my tail possessed a color gradient that shifted into a vibrant yellow as it approached where my feet had been located. The light filtering through the water above caught on something metallic floating above me. Throwing me head back, I felt foolish when I realized it was just my hair, which looked silver plated as it drifted through the water, strands longer than I was used to pulled along with every twist of my head.

That's actually pretty cool.

The girl reverently reached out and ran a hand through my silvery locks before smiling and darting around me in a exuberant smile. She beckoned me to come with her as she angled her body towards the depths of the lake, her hair entrancing as the copper curls drifted in cinematically slow motion after her body.

"I can't," I said, my voice oddly toned but understandable under the water. "I don't have my fin yet." I pointed down where, what do you know, a giant pillow sized sunflower yellow fin sat at the end of my tail.

She giggled at me, darting up and taking my hand, dragging me through the water, seemingly without any struggle. Scrunching my face, I experimentally kicked my tail, popping forward into the water.

They did a really good job of making this effortless.

"The AI governing this game allows me to send the relevant leg signals and they convert that data to the correct muscle contractions for the tail to achieve the desired movement."

Under da sea... Under da sea... Darling it's better... Can't talk too busy mermaiding. I crowed back, the seminal song from the Disney classic ringing through my brain as we finally reached the ocean floor.

"Hey..." Shit. Don't know remember her name. "You," I finished lamely. She stopped and turned to look at me.

"Escaline is what the prompt said," Eve provided as the mermaid turned to look at me.

"Sorry. I'm a little excited. What's up?" she said, visible attempting to calm her enthusiasm.

"The item you gave me said it had a time limit. Are we just wandering along or do you have some sort of plan?"

"I have the outlines of a plan. There's a few things I want to show you and then a request. If you are amenable?"

I nodded.

"Good. Then we should have no problem finishing before the allotted time runs out. Now come on, I want to show you my favorite place."

She took my hand again, but I flicked my tail to race forward before she could tug me along. She smirked at me as she began to spiral around me, showing off her easy grace in the water I just couldn't match, literally swimming circles around me. I laughed at her antics and her giggle danced with mine through the surprisingly clear depths of the lake.

"It's part of the temporary shape change. It gives you a ton of hidden perks that you didn't have previously," Eve provided.

Whatever it is this is certainly a unique experience.

Streamers of some large leafed plant waved in the slowly swirling current from the silty ground. It shortly became evident where the mermaid was taking me. In what I judged to be the middle of the lake sat a glittering dome of crystalline corral, shining with fractured rainbow reflections. On the top of the dome sat a clear lense, maybe four foot in diameter, shimmering strangely. We slipped through the water to the side of the structure where a small entrance sat, she curled her body through the hole, displaying an octopus like ability to slip through the small aperture. I eyed the entrance warily, doing some mental calculations and not liking the result. She poked her head back out and gestured impatiently for me to hurry up.

When in Rome. Gritting my teeth, I began feeding my body through the hole. The slippery mucus that coated my body allowing me to glide frictionless through the water and made me hydrophobic also assisted in lubricating my entrance. It also felt like my bones were not quite as solid as they once were, my flesh soft and displacing easily as my flipper pushed me into the dome. She was waiting for me, her tail flush against the edges of the sphere, lying on her back, looking up through the dome. It was cozy in there, our bodies butting up against each other, as I flipped my tail around to match hers, feeling comfortable in the tight confines. Following her stare I turned to look out the shimmery lens and I my breath caught in mute wonder. The dome somehow acted like an expanded telescope, the space and obstacles between us and the glittering points of life disappearing, revealing the stark beauty of the cosmos to dance before our eyes. Without looking, she slowly wound her hand in mine, not saying a word as we did nothing but soak in the sight for a good ten minutes.

"This is amazing. Did you make this?" I gestured to the glittery corral that enfolded us.

"Yep," she said proudly, looking like a child showing her winning science fair project to her parents.

"How?"

"I've been here for a long time and it's uncomfortable to be exposed to the air to look at the stars. It took some tinkering but I eventually got the refraction and focus enchantments correct and... voila, I have myself a little telescope. Come on there's two more things I want to show you.

A short swim later and we were at what looked to be a little underwater garden. A few melons and a large swath of swath of kelp made up the bulk of it. We didn't linger as she pulled me along with her, the sound of a small waterfall booming submerged as we were in the water. Our destination turned out to be just off to the side. Dug into the ocean floor were two gigantic slabs of rock that were leaning against one another, forming a lean to under which a well kept but shabby home seemed to be.

"It's not much, but it is home sweet home," she said sadly.

"It's... nice." I said, looking at the woven seaweed hammock and a shattered sword that was hung on the wall.

"Don't patronize me. It's junk. But it's the best I could do with the resources available. And that's it," she said gesturing at the overall surroundings.

"What is?"

"My life. What you've seen is almost the entirety of my life from the day I was born. I yearn to be somewhere else anywhere else. If I could get my hands on twenty or so corporeal stones I might be able to generate a shapeshifting transformation but, as you can see, I suffered from a distinct lack of companionship and challengers. Which... brings me to my final point and favor. Please, please, please, take me with you," Escaline pleaded, her green eyes begging me to do anything to free her from this prison.

"I mean..." I stumbled, uncomfortable with her naked desperation. "I'd love to help but you said you couldn't stand to be out of the water. Also, I don't think I'd be able to carry you," I said awkwardly, eyeing her long tail.

She blinked at me strangely, almost like she hadn't heard or couldn't understand my words. Then she short forward, laughing joyously as she pulled me into a hug.

"You'll help!" she crowed. "You'll really truly help."

"But I just said." I was confused by her excitement at my enunciation of the reasons I couldn't help her.

"I can turn myself into a coral charm with my stash of corporeal seeds and single ethereal seed. You can take me with you and when you find an appropriate body of water, unravel the thread and throw me in and... voila, I'll have a whole new world to explore. Hopefully with some people to talk to this time. I mean... That is... If you still agree?" she asked quietly, as she held me firmly, our slippery skin not deterring her in the slightest.

"Of course. I would never leave you here to suffer."

Squealing, she darted forward, kissing me before I even knew what was happening. Her lips were soft and tasted of saltwater taffy as they tangoed with my own. Pulling away, she was so excited that she immediately darted around her home, gathered up the requisite seeds and crushed them in her hand. Light swirled around Escaline as the space around her compressed down into a glowing salmon orb with sterling silver colored seewide ties that snapped together comfortable around my wrist. Altogether, I licked my lips and was left with two thoughts as a prompt appeared.

Huh. She didn't try to have sex with me. As well as, I think I might want to have sex with her.

You've accepted the quest: A Bigger Pond

Rewards Promised: None

Goal: Find New Living Quarters for Escaline (Preferably with Company)

Alternative Completion: Give Her Legs: Procure Twenty Corporeal Seeds and One Ethereal Seed

"You might want to make for the surface Flipper, your time in the water is coming to an end and if you don't want to doggy paddle all that way you best get while the getting is good."

That's a ten four skipper. Can you give me a countdown so I can do this thing right?

Eve chuckled which I took for assent as I flicked my tail and shot through the water.

"Four. Three."

I adjusted my speed so that, when the timer reached one, I split the surface of the lake three or so feet from the shore. Sailing in a glorious arc as my merfolk transformation dissolved into a burst of translucent bubbles that revealed my clothing, fortunately dry, safely back on my body. By some stroke of fortune or my recently improved dexterity I actually managed to land on my feet, bleeding off my momentum with a couple stumbling steps.

And he sticks the landing. Even the Russian judge awards him a nine point five.

"Please that was a seven. Eight tops."

Whatever. Thanks for the assist sweetie.

"Awwww. You'll make me blush."

Scooping up the water can, I managed to finally complete the simple task and make it back to camp where Gwen was roasting what smelled like almonds in a pan.

"What took you so long, did you get lost?" she needled.

"Great, you too?"

She arched a brow, running her hand through the fluffy tuft around her neck, turning her head to look around.

"I don't see anyone else around," she said, lightly teasing.

"You never know. There might be a ghost or two lingering around here." She caught the canteen easily as I tossed it to her. She fingered the cap for a second as she looked at me speculatively.

"I don't think so. I have a proposition for you," she said. Laying the canteen aside before sauntering towards me, hips swaying tantalizingly as she closed the distance.

"Yeah..." I said lamely, gulping as she removed the pieces of her armor, bending over to set each one on the ground.

"I've been so focused on my quest that I haven't had much time to... take care of myself. Normally I wouldn't ask this of someone so much weaker than me because I would be afraid they'd feel pressured." She gave me a glance that was full of meaning. "I don't think I have to worry about that with you. Do I?" She asked as she stroked her large paw down my chest. Nodding mutely, I gulped again.

What happened to all the oxygen? I would've sworn there was oxygen just a minute ago.

You've accepted Gwenylin's request for an engagement.

"Good. I don't think Roslyte will be back anytime soon so we don't have to worry about an audience. Plus it gives us both a chance for some potential improvement. Now how about I get you out of those pants?" she inquired slyly, drawing them down without getting an answer. I tried to help her but her other paw planted itself on my chest and slowly pushed me to my back, the ground surprisingly comfortable. Her bulbous tail swung over me, poised like a viper waiting to strike and dripping warm juices onto my naked thigh. She used the soft fur of her paws to stroke me into a full blown erection while she kneeled beside me onto the grass. The flaps on the tail peeled rhythmically, opening and closing like it was breathing in anticipation, giving glimpses of a wet lavender orifice.

capn_doggy
capn_doggy
1,051 Followers