Mood Slime Rogue: Tantalizing Tarot

Story Info
Divination Enthusiast predicts a wild evening - with herself.
11.7k words
4.94
6.5k
20

Part 46 of the 63 part series

Updated 06/17/2023
Created 08/27/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maestro84
maestro84
1,680 Followers

This story is a joint project between myself and TheOutsiderOfLiterotica. Please check out his work and let us know if you want to see more chapters from this story. This is a separate story from my other Mood Slime series.

---------------

The sky above New York City darkened as ominous clouds loomed over the metropolis. Gusts of wind swept through the streets, buildings, and alleyways. Each one varying in strength. Trash debris; light enough to be carried by the wind, became an immediate irritation to pedestrians anxious to get home. Among them was the chaste Annie Gallipot.

Annie was a lifetime resident of the city that never sleeps. She knew the streets like the back of her hands. All of the popular places to gather for people her age. And a number of other attributes typical to Empire Staters. However; Annie never felt like she belonged in the Big Apple. Nor fully clicked with anyone. Her friendships were often short, barely lasting full seasons throughout the year. Her romantic and sexual life was even less fulfilling.

Over the years, Annie gained several boyfriends, girlfriends, and just friends with benefits. None proved worthy of her heart. Even worse, none proved really capable of giving her pleasure. This led the attractive brunette having to take things into her own hands. Literally. When partners failed to please her, the only option was masturbation. In turn, self pleasure became an addiction. A very powerful and self loathing addiction. Eventually; after spending an entire weekend watching some of the freakiest content available on the internet while making herself repeatedly orgasm with an online purchased fucking machine, Annie made the decision to overcome her addiction. A choice that was followed by two years of agonizing abstinence. A period of her life endured during the three years of the Mood Slime Pandemic.

To stave off her addiction, Annie attempted to create new hobbies for herself. The only successful ones involved her interest in metaphysical crystals and gems, as well dabbling in Tarot cards. To her surprise, she was quite attuned to the mysticism. Through much practice and self educating, Annie quickly became capable of understanding each of her tarot readings. The sessions she did for herself ended with logging the outcomes on her laptop. The accuracy of events "predicted" by her numerous tarot sessions took Annie by surprise. Events that took place within days to weeks of specific sessions. This led Annie to developing a nightly routine of doing tarot readings for herself.

Annie was returning home just as the rain fell upon the Empire City, tapping on the hood of her raincoat as she rushed up the stoop of her apartment building. The concrete was slick. Not only from the downpour, but from a thin layer of mood slime spread across the steps. Having crept up through a hairline crack in the foundation. Nearing the door, the heel of Annie's new shoe slipped across the slab. She braced herself, dropping her keys and placing her hand on the wall to stop from falling on her ass.

"What the hell?" she said, stabling herself and kneeling to grab her keys. "This weather sucks!"

Keys in hand, Annie swiftly unlocked the door to the building and ran up the stairs to her apartment. Unaware of the mood slime blended with the rain water on her fingers and palm, as well as the soles of her shoes. As she approached her domicile, she heard a noise that confused her. At first, she thought it was her neighbor Allison. The resident "Karen" of the apartment building. But the noise seemed to come within her home, and not her neighbor's. Her slime coated key entered the lock, forcing the tumblers into the correct positions, and entered her home. Annie searched for the source of the noise, only to realize her TV was on.

"Thank you for having me." an old man smiled enthusiastically.

"Doctor Stantz, please help explain exactly what the Mood Slime is, its history, and how it works." a news anchor requested.

The retired Ghostbuster shuffled in his seat and cleared his throat.

"Over three decades ago, New York was victim of another paranormal uprising in spiritual turbulence. While investigating a peculiar incident with a former client; now friend, our original team discovered an unbelievable amount of psychomagnotheric ectoplasm..."

"I'm sorry, Doctor. Psycho what?"

"I don't remember leaving the TV on?" Annie said while removing her coat.

She heard of the slime around the city, and reports of people having strange sexual encounters with the supernatural. But in the wake of her abstinence, she never gave attention to it. Better to focus on her hobbies than fall back into her addiction. As she slid off her shoes near the door, she failed to notice a pink colored sludge dripping off of them and into the floor of the apartment.

Annie approached her television and turned it off. Desiring not to be distracted from her nightly routine. She fumbled through a nearby cupboard and retrieved a rolled up, black velvet cloth adorned with golden trim patterns. She carefully spread the cloth across her coffee table, using her hands to smooth out every wrinkle in the fabric until it was completely flat. Next, she returned to the cupboard and fetched a small bag. It was also made of black velvet. Opening the bag, Annie sifted through the contents within, until her fingers touched what she was hunting for: four crystals of similar size and shape but differing in color. Taking the crystals into her hand and placing the bag out of the way, she laid the crystals on top of the velvet cloth. One crystal per corner. Then she placed her newly purchased tarot card deck in the center of her display. Lastly, she dimmed the lights to her home to create a more authentic atmosphere.

Satisfied with her setup, Annie eagerly sat down in her loveseat. Excited over a new set of Tarot cards purchased that morning. She immediately wanted to try them. As if a type of desperation overcame her. A new addiction she had to satisfy. She purchased them from the same shop she acquired her crystals from, and was happy with the results so far. Sitting comfortably, she reached for the coffee table in front of her and pulled it near.

Her hands slightly trembled in anticipation. Opening a new tarot deck was almost as wonderful as opening a present. And in regards to tarot, every session seemed to provide a different gift. The only requirements were interpretation of the cards and the patience for moments to happen. This evening would be no different.

Annie carefully opened the tin container holding the contents within. The cards were face down, showing the shared design on the backside throughout the deck. It was a beautiful visage of four golden pyramids on each edge with their tips pointing at a large golden eye at the center. And in each corner was a small, golden pentacle. Annie gently rubbed the tip of her finger across the back of the first card, marveled how the design was embossed. The sensation might as well have been orgasmic.

"Okay, let's see what we got here." she said, overturning the container and catching the cards with her free hand.

The design of the cards continued to amaze her. The sides of all the cards were painted gold, and every face-side was beautifully designed. The plethora of wands and pentacles, swords and cups were exciting to Annie's eyes. She thumbed through each of the cards, becoming more and more excited by the images in front of her. The cards looked very traditional, but Annie couldn't deny the beauty and talent needed to create every one of them. After a few minutes of admiring her new deck spread all over her table, Annie had to remind herself of the task at hand.

"Focus; Annie, focus. What to ask? What to ask?" she mumbled to herself. "Got it!"

Thinking quickly, she reorganized her new set of cards. Careful to make sure all of them faced the same direction. When satisfied, Annie began what she called her "ritual". Holding the entire deck in one hand, she used her middle knuckle from her other hand and tapped the back of the top card three times.

"What's going to happen in my near future?" she asked aloud.

Then Annie performed a riffle shuffle technique while focusing hard on her question. Content with the card's new positioning, she pushed onward with her routine. Bringing the cards together, she prepared for a semi-reckless overhand shuffle. Her intent was for any card that fell from her grip would be used to answer her question. Three cards for her question, followed by asking why each card was presented. Concluding with possibly six cards in total.

"What's going to happen in my near future?" she repeated.

Before finishing her first overhand shuffle, a card she was very familiar with descended upon the table: The Queen of Wands. Its design being a royal woman, set upon a throne and holding a long stick in her right hand. While learning how to interpret tarot results, Annie felt a kinship with this particular card. Specifically, sharing the traits of being sincere, friendly, chaste, and a loving woman. The Queen of Wands was Annie's card, and often knew whenever it appeared, the answer she sought specifically involved her and not somebody else in her life. Happily intrigued with the first card, Annie continued onward.

"What's going to happen in my near future?"

After her fourth overhand shuffle with the deck, a single card slipped away from the others and landed on the black cloth. It was The Tower card. Presented as a lonely structure of grey brick, placed in front of a stormy black sky with a ferocious lightning bolt striking and damaging the apex of the spire. A quick chill rushed up and down Annie's spine. Whenever she drew this card in other readings, it always meant signs of struggle. Distress. And possibly danger.

"What's going to happen in my near future?" Annie spoke again.

Within two overhand shuffles, another card fell upon the table: The Magician. Illustrated as a regal figure of androgynous build. Beside the Magician was a table bearing a cup, a pentacle, a sword, and a wand. Each object representing the suits of a tarot deck, as well as the Magician's various "tools". In Annie's experience, The Magician often meant a manifestation of desires and/or goals. Both physically and spiritually.

Annie observed the three cards, determined to find their meaning. From her own knowledge, it was apparent the near future involved herself. Possibly going through a struggle to obtain something she desired. But what? She held her new tarot deck in hand and looked at the first card.

"Why is the Queen of Wands here?" she asked, performing another overhand shuffle.

After a third shuffle, another card revealed itself: the Eight of Swords. The illustration showed a woman standing over some flowing water. Her body was bound by ropes, unable to move. Her eyes were covered by a white cloth, blinding her to the eight bright swords surrounding her and sticking into the Earth. The card represented a feeling of being ensnared or trapped, with barely a chance to escape. The sight of "her" card being aligned with the most recent made Annie shudder. She wished the Eight of Swords was upside down instead, describing freedom and liberation. But her curiosity pushed her forward.

"Why is the Tower here?"

Annie's question went unanswered until her eighth shuffle. Through a type of irony, it was the Eight of Wands that appeared. The card featured eight golden staffs in front of a black background, pointing in the same direction in a diagonal manner. In her studies, this card meant swiftness or immediate action. A small amount of frustration grew within the young woman. The card didn't specify why the Tower was present, but signaled the impending struggle to happen soon. Very soon. Looking at the last card, Annie was compelled to draw one more and then try to interpret everything across the table.

"Why is the Magician here?" she whispered.

Before completing her first overhand shuffle, not one but three cards landed on the cloth. The Lovers, Temperance, and The Devil. The Lovers card was beautifully designed, showing a naked woman and naked man staring at one another with a large angelic figure in the background. The Temperance card showed another androgynous, angelic figure pouring fluid between chalices with one bare foot standing on earth while the other was placed in a water stream. Their wings were bright and golden and the background was lively and soothing. The Devil card featured a satanic beast perched on a podium, with a naked woman and naked man loosely chained to the larger demon's post. Of all the cards in the deck, it was the only one lacking any creativity or beauty.

"Three cards?" Annie questioned out loud.

She was familiar with each, but curious where they fit in with her question. She knew the Lovers pertained to actual people. But there was nobody in her immediate life. It also meant semi-abstract things like self-love or selfishness. Especially if the card was "reversed". In Annie's case, it was positioned upside down. The Temperance card took her by surprise. When presented correctly, it meant things are balanced and orderly. But when "reversed", it's pure chaos. In all of her sessions, the Temperance always displayed upright. This time, it was upside down. Lastly, The Devil. A card often associated with negative aspects such as fear, enslavement, materialism, addiction, and temptation. Annie was all too familiar with the card when she began to learn tarot, as she often fought with temptation to pleasure herself while trying to break her addiction. Since fully dedicating herself to abstinence, the card had not come up in over a year and a half. Now, it had returned.

Annie looked at the table in front of her, knowing she would need to interpret everything. All of the cards were linked. She merely had to find out how or why. At the same time, Annie reminded herself whatever she determined wasn't set in stone. Everything before her was her interpretation and it was possible her outcome could be wrong. She thought real hard on her original question, took a deep breath, and looked within to remember her knowledge of the cards. Eyes focused on the display before her, Annie began.

Her original three cards seemed as if she was going to struggle through a desire. The next two cards strengthened that prediction. This wasn't too surprising. People struggled every day. Often feeling stuck or trapped while trying to obtain their goals, helpless to get what they wanted. It was a day-to-day thing everyone lived with. Annie's question was about the immediate future, and it seemed she was going to experience what everyday people did.

Her biggest obstacle involved her desires and goals. Annie was unsure of what she was wanting. The three cards associated with that notion were even more perplexing. The Lovers card was reversed. Did that mean she had a selfish desire? The Temperance card was also reversed. Did that mean she desired chaos and disharmony? The Devil card was upright. It made Annie question if she desired to give into negative things such as fear, or temptation, or perhaps... her addiction? Was Annie desiring to be selfish, chaotic, and sexual? She closed her eyes to think it over. Her thoughts were immediately accompanied by a faint throb between her legs. A sensation she'd almost forgotten.

"NO! No. No-nah-no-no-no-no!" Annie blurted out.

She violently shook her head, trying her best to remove such thoughts from her mind. It merely made her dizzy. Annie took a deep breath and rubbed her palms along her thighs, giving her legs a harsh squeeze to make pain override the other feeling between them. When the sensation went away, she gathered the cards back together and decided to try again. Annie tapped her middle knuckle at the center of the top card three times, completed a riffle shuffle, and asked her question again.

"What's going to happen in my immediate future?"

Annie found herself choking on her breath as the same three cards returned: The Queen of Wands, The Tower, and The Magician. She asked why the cards were on the table again and the responding five answered: Eight of Swords, Eight of Wands, The Lovers (reversed), Temperance (reversed), and The Devil. In the two years of practicing tarot, she never got the same cards twice when asking her question for a second time.

"There's no fucking way it could happen again, could it?"

Annie regathered her cards, shuffled, asked her question and got the astronomical shock of her life. All eight cards resurfaced. Same order, same positioning. Nothing changed. Annie found herself amazed by the impossible becoming possible. And gained another shock right after. For an unexplainable reason, she felt compelled to look closer at her cards. Studying the Queen of Wands, Annie noticed the illustrated woman seemed to favor her in the face. The Magician and Temperance cards did as well. Then her pulse raced while focusing on the nude women on the Lovers and Devil cards. Both women had her face, her physical build, and most shockingly a star-shaped pattern just above the right hip. Annie had a pentacle tattoo in that exact location.

"This is... impossible. It's just impossible!" she spoke in disbelief.

Stunned by her repeated outcomes; and the disturbing acknowledgement of seeing "herself" in the cards, Annie quickly gathered up the deck, placed them back in the container and pushed the table as far away as her leg could force it. Her breathing was quick but steady. Her thoughts were racing but yearning to figure out the meaning of everything. Furthermore, she knew she needed to catalog the session in her laptop.

Her body shook as she got to her feet. Annie started the menial task of placing everything back in the cupboards from which they came. Finally, she went to the desk in her bedroom where the laptop was placed. Opening the device and powering it on, Annie took a few deep breaths to calm herself while remembering everything that transpired. A part of her almost decided not to log the session, as it would have been impossible for her to forget. Opening a specific program, Annie's fingers danced across the keyboard. Even though typing in shorthand, not a single detail was spared.

: August 5th,

Purchased new tarot deck after work. Initially excited to use it. Outcome has me shaken. Today's question: What's going to happen in my near future? Results: Queen of Wands, Tower, Magician. Follow-up questions per card provided result: 8 of Swords (QoW), 8 of Wands (Tower), Lovers/reversed - Temperance/reversed - Devil (Magician). 8 cards in total. Interpretation is questionable and worrisome. If correct, I am to endure a struggle for my desires. Desires possibly include being trapped or bound, will happen soon, may involve... becoming selfish and giving into temptation of former addiction in chaotic ways. Must not lie, have not had sexual thoughts for long time. Tonight's cards briefly sparked sensations. As always, results up for interpretation. Conclusion may be wrong, or hoping resolve stays strong. *Final note* made two extra attempts with same question in hope of different results. Both attempts failed. Same 8 cards shown. Possible panic and/or delirium setting in. All feminine and androgynous characters had resemblance to self during last session. Am very concerned for myself. Fear giving into former addiction, even by force.:

Annie's hands trembled after saving the document. It took her over half an hour to type everything up. Something unnatural for her as she was a speedy typist. Leaning back in her chair, her thoughts raced while rereading her words. Annie was rather skilled with understanding tarot, but now she was having doubts. Wondering if she did understand each of the cards presented.

"I should check a website or two."

She resaved her document and closed the program. Then she opened her web browser, intent on finding a reliable site to help interpret her cards. Her effort was in vain. Numerous spam sites quickly popped up, littering her screen and refusing to stop. Annie moved quickly to close each window, feeling irritation rise within. One website angered her more than the others.

maestro84
maestro84
1,680 Followers