Moonlight Shadow Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And they want to turn that around, and blame the Commander, and say he harassed them on behalf of the Governor." Teresa said as the understanding came to her.

"Exactly." said Griswold. "Don's a big boy, and he can take care of himself, but it could get rough. And that's where you come in. I strongly advised the Governor to not accept this Independent State Counsel, but it appears he's going to anyway. So I don't know what he'll do... especially if they falsely accuse the Iron Crowbar of any crime at all..."

"Oh, crap." Teresa said. "Don might get suspended."

"Yes." said Moynahan. "And that's why you need to be prepared... to become Police Commander in his absence."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The party never stops in the Iron Crowbar's Town & County. At 9:30am, I got a call from County Jail. I went and got Cindy and Jerome Davis, and we headed over.

"We don't know yet what happened." said Lt. Irwin, who met us at the front door and escorted us into the Jail portion of the complex. "We found him in his cell about fifteen minutes ago. Martha's examining him now."

We went to one of the isolation cells, where Deputies, Police Officers, and others were milling about.

"Okay, folks!" I said loudly. "If you're not part of the Crime Lab team, find your place of normal work." LEOs scattered.

Inside the cell, Martha was examining the mortal remains... of Timothy George Pierce. He was lying on his bed, looking sightless upward, his face a rather unnatural color of blue.

"Hello Martha." I said as I came up next to her. "Suicide?"

"Looks like it, Commander." said Martha. "Looks like a cyanide-type compound, but not the normal potassium cyanide. Symptoms look to be like carbon monoxide poisoning, but caused by whatever chemical he ingested."

"Sir," said Lt. Irwin, "I've already started the process to interrogate those that might have any connection, but will turn it over to Internal Affairs or the IG's Office whenever you want me to."

"Good." I said. "Keep doing that, but contact the IG and the Internal Affairs people now. By the way, Pierce was in this cell?"

"Yes sir." said Irwin.

"Who was in these other cells nearby?" The isolation cells were set far enough apart, and the doors were screened so that people could not see each other in their cells... but there still might be communication."

"The NS-14 perps." said Irwin. "ICE is going to pick them up today or tomorrow."

As we left the jail area to go back to Precinct 1 Headquarters, I said "Well, guys, this looks pretty obvious. Someone got a poison pill to Pierce, probably through the NS-14 perps. Maybe one of their lawyer's wasn't a real legal beagle."

"Could be." said Cindy. "But why would Pierce kill himself? I'd look at homicide before suicide."

"He was abandoned by the Company, for real this time." I replied.

"Why not spill all, then?" asked Cindy. "Embarrass the hell out of the CIA during his trial?"

"Okay, okay." I said. "Homicide it is, then." Cindy could not hide a smile on her ruggedly pretty face.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This dinner is not so much a victory party," said Chief Griswold as we gathered and sat down at the tables in the back room of The Steakhouse, "as a chance to get together and have some decompression time."

"Yes." agreed Chief Moynahan. "You guys have been working your tails off. You deserve this evening. So relax, and let's have some fun... in a professional manner, of course."

As we ate and drank, the conversation was muted, and maybe a bit tense. The death of Pierce in our jails was a black eye for the Public Safety Department. Having to let May Cialis be transferred to Federal custody had been a blow to me personally, as well as my Detectives. And the looming threat of the Independent State Counsel was not felt by me alone.

Still, it was nice to relax and talk to people. I was talking to Franklin Washington, who like his brother Theo was a 'movie star handsome' black man. His wife Susie was white, attractive, and a television producer in the City.

"How's the D.A.'s office without Paulina?" I asked Franklin.

"Her absence is making us realize just how good it was when we had her with us." said Franklin. "I thought I might be doing more with MCD, but Krasney has kept me glued to the Vice grindstone. He has Mason working MCD, but Mason is no Paulina."

"He's Krasney's perfect 'yes man', though." I said. "Susie, what's going on in the television industry?"

"I was hoping to get a talk show that would air right after 'Point Taken'." said Susie. "But Diane Williams killed it, or at least made sure I didn't get it. What she has there now is awful."

"What show were you going to have?" I asked.

"A legal show." said Susie. "Kind of like 'The People's Court' or 'Judge Judy'. We shot a couple of pilot shows and they polled well with the focus groups, but Williams had a bee in her bonnet about it."

"You should make a show about certain Police Officers with crowbars solving cases." said Franklin with a grin that reminded me of his brother's 'movie star handsome' grin."

"Ooooh, not a bad idea." said Susie. "Want to be a TV star, Don?"

"Unfortunately, I seem to be one already with the local news people, and not in a positive way." I said.

Some minutes later, I rejoined Laura at our dinner places. I noticed she'd been watching Cindy and Callie "So, what's the verdict?" I asked.

"I think Chief Moynahan is right." said Laura. "Cindy is not over that hostage situation yet."

"You going to talk to her professionally?" I asked. "Your profession?"

"We'll see." said Laura. "Oh, are you going to have to explain how you solved these cases?"

"Yep." I said. "And I will have to tiptoe through the tulips of CIA secrecy in doing so... but don't worry, I won't reveal too much."

*DING!* *DING!* *DING!* *DING!* *DING!* *DING!* *DING!* *DING!*

Spoon tapped glass as Cindy reached her patience level's end. "Okay, perhaps our Commander will give us a few words on the links of the chain he forged in solving these recent cases." There was an acclaim and some applause.

I stood up. "Well, I think most of it is out there, but I'll quickly go through things. We had several things happen last week that seemed like separate incidents, but turned out not to be. First was the drug bust at MLK Park. I didn't understand why the NS-14 gangbangers were doing a deal like that outside and only amongst themselves. It became a bit more clear when we found explosives in with the money and the drugs."

"What happened there was that Timothy George Pierce had arranged to buy the explosives from the NS-14 types, with cash and drugs. That part was done earlier, then the gangbangers took his cash, some of their leftover explosives, and drugs to the park for distribution to thugs here and in the Pottsville area. We came in on the tail end of that and busted the gangsters, but missed Pierce."

"Then came the murder of James Cialis." I said. "His wife made some backward footprints, to attempt to distract us, but Detective Davis was not fooled. He also determined what was going on with the pistols; that a 357 SIG barrel was used in what was normally a .40 S&W firearm to kill James. So excellent work on that, Davis." Everyone applauded Jerome, who took it stoically.

"I was called away from the search of the house, and the questioning of May Cialis at the scene." I said emphatically, knowing that Daniel Allgood was here with his lovely wife Melina. "That was more than unfortunate, since if I'd been there I might've been able to observe May's reaction to things, or a look or smirk on her part somewhere. But we did end up finding the gun barrel that was used to deliver the bullets that perforated James anyway." Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Allgood was not pleased with my remarks. Tough shit.

"And coming back to those explosives," I said, "we managed to find them... strapped to our friend Callie here. Not exactly her best fashion statement, there." Everyone laughed when they saw Callie's huge grin, though Cindy was not sharing the humor of it. At all.

"That was Timothy Pierce again." I said. "He was being stupid, and he got a crowbar beatdown as a result, delivered by the best looking Troy in the room." Everyone laughed and applauded at that as Laura blushed, though obviously pleased by the compliment.

"So that was pretty much it." I said. "Any questions... that I can answer?"

"Why did May keep the gun barrel?" asked Vice Detective Purvis. There was acclaim at that most obvious of questions.

"I don't know." I said. "Criminals do stupid things, sometimes, and thank goodness... because that's how we catch them."

"And Pierce was not involved in any way with the shooting?" asked Franklin Washington's wife Susie.

"I don't think so." I said. "At least I don't have a shred of evidence to support his involvement."

"And Pierce and May Cialis were lovers?" asked Purvis.

"Yes." I said. "We have some evidence for that. Having said that, they pretty much avoided each other while here in this County, and had separate agendas. Pierce was hell-bent on revenge against Laura, and May was working her mission with James. And though everyone is saying their target was The Guardians of Justice, I suspect they had another target... the technological secrets of BOW Enterprises."

"They didn't get anything, did they?" Teresa asked darkly.

"No, not that we know of." said Todd. "Our security is pretty tight. Plus, if any of our new stuff were to get out and into the hands of competitors or foreign countries, we'd hear about it."

"Well, they didn't find the Guardians of Justice." Cindy said. "After all, Don's still here with us." Everyone laughed at that. I just shook my head.

"What's it gonna take to convince you I'm not the GOJ?" I asked.

"Finding the real GOJ." said Teresa. Somehow, that comment gave me a bit of the shivers...

Part 27 - Sex And Spies

"Oh, yessss!" Katherine Woodburn hissed as the young stud behind her slammed his huge, hard cock balls-deep into her sodden quim, only to pull out, grab her hips, and slam into her again. "Oh yeah, fuck me with that big thing!"

"Oh yeah, baby." the stud moaned, really enjoying the feel of Katherine's asscheeks slamming against his hard groin as they lustily copulated. "Gonna get my nut in you, bitch!"

"Oh yeah, come inside me!" Katherine cried out, thinking the incredibly hung young stud was close. But he wasn't. He kept relentlessly pounding his meat in and out of the hot Cougar, making Katherine gasp as she was relentlessly fucked.

Priya Ajmani was watching from the little side room next to Katherine's home office. She was there to make sure nothing happened to Katherine, except getting her brains fucked out; and she was there to enjoy watching the sex, knowing that she had 'cleanup on aisle 1', that being Katherine's pussy after the stud drained his balls into it.

The loud smacks of flesh on flesh echoed through the rooms as the rutting couple lustily mated. Katherine was loving the feeling of a big, hard, young cock thrusting in and out of her; the Iron Crowbar was about the oldest man she would consider fucking, these days.

The thought of the Iron Crowbar made Katherine spasm with pleasure yet again. Anytime she felt like coming hard, she just thought of Don Troy and what he'd done to her, how he'd fucked her so relentlessly, and then so gloriously lovingly the second time around. She wanted more of the Iron Crowbar's little crowbar, but for how she'd just have to do with this powerful young Satyr.

For himself, the young stud felt Katherine's pussy clamping around his pistoning prick. He thought it was him doing that to her, and he silently congratulated himself on giving yet another MILF a great fuck.

Priya saw the young guy's big swinging balls beginning to tighten, and she knew that the stud would be coming soon. He was beginning to gasp and grunt with each brutally powerful stroke into Katherine's cunt as he held her hips and kept her luscious ass high in the air.

"Oh yeah..." he moaned. "Gonna give it to you, baby... oh yeah... here it comes, bitch!... UHH! TAKE MY LOAD, BITCH!" With that he drove forward, and the first huge spurt of jism fired from his balls and into the bitch Katherine's spasming cunt. More jets of hot baby batter exploded out of his long, thick cockshaft as his balls tightened. He felt Katherine clamp her cunt onto him again, draining him of his seed.

Exhausted, he collapsed onto Katherine as she collapsed onto the sofa-bed. They lay there for some time, then he rolled off and pulled Katherine into him, cuddling her in a 'spoons' position.

"Mmmm," Katherine said quietly. "That was good."

"You're hot as hell, baby." the young stud replied.

"So," Katherine said as they rested and enjoyed the pleasing lassitude of post-coital bliss, "what did you find out?"

"Nothing for sure." the stud said. "Commander Troy knows that Queenie left some files behind, but he hasn't found them yet."

"And the big one?" Katherine asked. "Is Commander Troy 'The Guardians of Justice'?"

The stud said "If he is, he's hidden the evidence of it better than the Federal and State Governments' power to find it. Most people in the State and Federal Governments think he's not the one, but he may be working with someone who is. Too much of the GOJ's stuff relates directly to Commander Troy, or things he was doing at the time of the document dumps. He'd be crazy to do that if he was the GOJ, but if he's not, then maybe he thinks he can get away with these information dumps."

"Is the GOJ just one person?" asked Katherine.

"Likely not." said the stud. "There has to be someone getting the data, then someone who knows how to get the data out without being found. And then someone who knows just what the data is, and what's right for what occasion. One person can do the hacking and the delivery, but it would take someone else... probably a Government official... to find and release the right data."

"Keep at it." said Katherine. "It's worth a lot to you if I get Queenie's stuff and the GOJ's identity or identities before U.S. Senator Russell and Lt. Governor Graham Collins do. It's vital we Democrats get the information before the Republicans do..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Mmmm, that was good." Callie Carrington said as she held Cindy in her arms. They were face to face in bed, cuddling after making love, going down on each other with an intensity neither had felt for a long time.

"Yes, it was..." Cindy whispered, then Callie saw the tears spilling from Cindy's ice blue eyes.

"What's the matter, baby?" Callie asked, kissing Cindy's tears away. "Why are you crying?"

"Because..." Cindy started, then let it come out with a rush; "Because I'm so afraid of losing you!"

"Aw, baby, you're not going to lose me!" Callie said, hugging Cindy more warmly.

"I was soooo scared the other night, seeing you in that bomb vest." Cindy said. "If it hadn't have been for Don..."

"And Laura." Callie said. "But they handled it. They had it in as much control as they could."

"I know." Cindy said. "But one mistake... or if Warspear's dead-man-switch heart detector had gone off..."

"Oh that." said Callie with a grin. "That was a fake. He told you that so you wouldn't shoot him on the spot."

"Whaaa?" Cindy gasped.

"Laura said it was just a wire taped to his chest; it had no connection." explained Callie. "But don't feel bad... I thought it was real, too. I'm just not a Crowbar..."

"Sometimes I don't think I'm really one, either." said Cindy. "I was going to ask you to quit the CIA... then I realized that's why you're here in the first place."

"One reason, anyway." said Callie. "The main reason I'm here is to be with you... and hold you in my arms." She squeezed Cindy more tightly in her bear hug, and kissed Cindy on the mouth. "I love you, baby."

"I love you." said Cindy. "And that's why I'm scared of..." she did not finish.

"Well, we're all gonna die one day," said Callie, "and we just happen to be leading more exciting lives than all those poor people out there who wish they could be the Iron Crowbar, with his badass Kato beside him. And by the way, I thought of asking you to quit the Police... but I realized that's why you're here in the first place."

Cindy laughed at her own words being turned around on her. Callie had a fantastic wit... she just sometimes was using it in dire situations. "Well," Cindy said, "I won't be a TCPD Officer forever. I can retire whenever I want to, and the way things seem to be going around here..."

"I can leave the Company any time, too." said Callie. "But like the TCPD needs you, the CIA needs good people like me... to help keep them from running off the rails."

"You can't do it alone." said Cindy. "Neither can I."

"That's why we have badass Troys leading the way." said Callie. "We're just living in their world..."

Part 28 - Epilogue

Saturday, April 14th. I was sitting in The Cabin, watching Carole, Marie, Jim, Ian, and Ross playing various games. Bowser was sitting next to me, watching and getting some skritchins from me. Buddy was lying on the floor near the kitchen door; he was supervising all of us.

*BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!* *BRING!*

It was my personal cellphone, and the Sheriff of the town of Waguli, at the southern end of Lake Watchacoochie was calling. "Hello, Commander." he said, his voice friendly. "Just wanted to let you know my guys checked on your place yesterday, and there's no problems at all. Just needs a little cobweb cleaning next time you come up."

"Okay, thanks." I said. "So, what's going on up there?"

"Not much gets by you, as our newest homeowner likes to say about you.." said the Sheriff. "He was the FBI Deputy Director, or something big like that."

"Yes, I know him well." I said. "How's he doing?"

"Seems to be enjoying retirement up here." said the Sheriff. "But speaking of Federal agents... we've had some up here, prowling around. That's one reason we went to check on your house. They've been caught driving the private roads around the lake, and my Deputies and I think they've been watching the whole community from the hills to the west of us, out of my jurisdiction."

"Oh really?" I said, keeping my voice sounding disinterested. "Some Federal project going on at Lake Amengi-Nunagen?"

"Not that I know of." said the Sheriff. "Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads-up. Next time you come up, keep your eyes peeled."

"I will." I said. We made our goodbyes and disconnected.

Bowser was looking up at me with his perceptive canine eyes. I looked back at him. "The party never stops around here, Bowser... the party never stops."

I gave Bowser more skritchins. Dogs just make things better.

Finis.