Moonlit Depths Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Marigold began to feel the all-too-familiar sensation letting her know that her orgasm was quickly approaching. 'I'm close,' she thought.

"I know, I can feel it. Come apart, Cara Mia. I want you to come in my mouth," he said against her, while looking into her barely opened eyes.

Marigold let out a shrill, guttural scream while her body convulsed against his face. He took his time licking up the remnants of her sweet essence before he climbed up her body to kiss her lips. Marigold was completely spent. She watched him stand up and noticed that there was a wet spot near the zipper of his pants. He caught her staring at his pants with hooded eyes, and followed her eyes to the spot on his jeans. He chuckled and looked back at her.

"This is one of the few times I don't plan to finish inside of you." He flashed a half-grin at her, while sitting back down on the couch.

She stared at him with wide eyes, as her body began to feel prickly with heat. Her heart started to race and her palms began to sweat.

"So you're expecting this to be a regular thing?" She was looking down, as she straightened her clothing.

This was her way out, she thought. He was making this a lot easier for her than she would have liked. She looked up to find his sights focused on her with a tense jaw, and a vein that was pulsating in his neck.

"Marigold, you still don't understand, do you? I've made my intentions with you very clear. You were made for me." He raked his hands through his messy hair again. He was so close to telling her that they were fated, in that moment to make her understand but he could sense that it would be a lost cause.

"You may have made your intentions clear, but you just assumed that I would want what you're offering. I was MADE for you, what a bold statement." She placed a pillow in front of her, while looking at anywhere but him. "I was a man's plaything once, I would rather die than survive that again." Her voice was flat as her eyes met his. 'All of them are the same,' she thought to herself; not realizing that he still had access to her thoughts.

"Don't put me in the same category as the others," Callisto's now toffee-colored eyes bored into her.

Her eyes never left his, but internally, she was panicking. How could she have forgotten to reinforce her field? She began to fidget, feeling exposed.

"If you don't want to be put in the same category as them, then don't act like them. You've known me for a few days, you eat my pussy and now you think I'm one of your possessions?" Her voice was gruff; she was shaking with anger.

Callisto sat there thinking about his actions for the past few days, and could understand where she was coming from. He was acting possessive of her, without including in the discussion that needed to be had between the both of them. He wanted to tell her, but he was truly terrified that she would reject him, leaving him yearning for her for lifetimes. She obviously had survived another man's abuse; he didn't want to remind her of the time in her life that she had the least control. He continued to sit on the other end of the couch, looking deep in thought. Before he spoke, he came to the realization that if he wanted her to be his mate, she would have to be in control.

"You're right," he started, while pinching his nose and closing his eyes.

Marigold sat there unmoved, while he continued.

"I apologize, I was acting like a brute. I let my emotions get the best of me."

"I think it's time for you to go home. Cove will be home soon, and he is not too fond of you or your kind. I would prefer for him to not know you were here. I truly appreciate that you brought dinner," she said softly while standing up and headed to the door so he would catch the hint. As much as her heart was begging him to fight for her, she needed him to leave.

"Of course. Again, I apologize. Thank you for a wonderful evening." Callisto stood up, walked across the threshold, and turned around to look at her. Part of him knew that she didn't want him to leave, but he wasn't sure how big that piece was. Marigold was the woman that he was devoted to and yearned for, but here she was shutting the door in his face. She looked so small and meek, standing there, clutching her sweater around her. He shot a small smile toward her and turned to walk to his car.

Marigold closed the door, turned around to clean up the food and wine. A few tears slipped out, as she was cleaning up before she headed back up to her bed. Sacrifices. She had sacrificed enough for a few lifetimes, but perhaps, this was her version of karma. The fact that love and happiness were always slightly out of reach. She slowly got back in bed. Judas was asleep in the window.

'Cove was right,' she thought, as she turned to her side and closed her eyes letting the rest of the tears fall.

The drive home for Callisto was silent. He was angry with himself; she had let him in, and he acted just like she had feared. He was disappointed in the way he had treated her. He knew that he was supposed to be a safe person with her, but he wasn't. To her, he was everything that she feared.

12