All Comments on 'More than a Divorce Statistic'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 282 Comments
AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 3 years ago
it's God save the Queen.

You even mention the Queen in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Do more Research please

A decent story, spoiled somewhat by your clear lack of knowledge of the laws in the UK and protocols etc. For me as an Englishman there too many jarring inaccuracies.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Very interesting story!

5

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 3 years ago

Couple things

The sas, royal marines and the police in England could not find them for two nights? Really. The 5 guys in the mercedes were never noticed? No roadblocks set up? Silly. His wife and then he gets shot? Silly

Americans do not bow or curtsy to anyone. We do not have kings or queens, and fought a war to never need to do that. Not sure what ther countries citizens do, but can't imagine a Frenchman bowing to anyone.

greenday0418greenday0418over 3 years ago
I have read a lot of stories on LIT

I agree with you, I've never read anything remotely like this story. Sad tale but not all good stories have happy endings 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting Bit About Scandinavian Countries

The MC says he went to Sweden and Denmark, but that "The language barrier was a little difficult." In Sweden 80% of the population speak English, and in Denmark it's 90%. And they don't just speak it, but speak it fluently. I knew the percentage was high, but I "goggled" it to get the exact percentages. Not trying to make you wrong, just a little correction.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 3 years ago

a sad tale, but a good one

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Split Personality?

The first words were… My name is Mike Adams. Then down the page you wrote… I should identify myself. I'm Michael Millbrook. That's when I gave up.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

OK

Why did the British chick ex husband wait more than a decade and five years into their marriage to show up?

.

Also, why no cuck tag for a cuck story?

.

Finally what kind of simp is willing to face down terrorists, but cant manage to point out that being too complimentary of your wife is a bullshit excuse to fuck your boss?

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Turning down Sarah's seduction to then reconcile with Kerry was ridiculous. No guy would behave like that. Kerry gave in to blackmail and betrayed her husband repeatedly... why get back together with a woman who did that?

All the stuff with the royal family was absurd and the story descended into a farce at that point. Killing off the husband as well turned the ending into a total downer.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

A grand and sprawling tale in the hyperbolic style of qhml, chock-full of ‘aw-shucks’ heros and, tragically, martyrs. Captivating and entertaining. Thanks much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Who did you plagiarize this one from?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Being a brit I was interested to see what one of our American cousins would write about our fair country, sadly I got about half way through before giving up on this macho bullshit.

Stonyweb might be familiar with Britain as well as any tourist but obviously watches too many badly made American versions of what they believe Britain is actually like. People don't walk around with guns here, I'd say only about one in a million people would actually know how to even aquire one, and as for smuggling a disassembled firearm through multi international customs in this day and age: well I'm afraid that was basically laughable.

Please Stony stick to what you know, shoot up all of America if you want but we don't need it here, we're far too civilised.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You're upset at being called a plagiarist? When you clearly plagiarized "February Sucks" in one story and "Last Man" in another story? Try not plagiarizing people, then you won't be called a plagiarist.

Impo_64Impo_64over 3 years ago

I liked it very much...Thank you...But even for a violent world like ours, there were too many deaths. ..4*

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Brilliant but didn't like the ending. Why kill him off? It would have been perfect with them leading a long happy life together. Still an easy 5 star story, really good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Language barrier

A language barrier in Scandinavia? For an English speaker? Did you only visit retirement homes?

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Beautiful

I want sure I was going to like this then it turned me completely around. Just beautiful. 5 stars and a fave

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

I quit before I finished the first page. His wife goes to HIS company event without him? Her solution to blackmail for fucking his boss is . . . to fuck his boss some more? In some universe you may be able to sue the company, but NOT for not enforcing their own morals clause.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Heh, this reads like someone's interpretation of what Brits are like (makes sense, considering he's a Manc). When members of the royal family are marrying US TV stars nowadays, it seems unlikely that a posh kid hasn't watched enough American TV or movies to know what 'out of gas' means. Story-wise, Justin being a stupid self-destructive psycho felt quite unbelievable, more a plot device than an actual character. When the same thing repeated itself with Sarah's ex, it was eye-rolling time. Maybe it was meant to provide some sort of symmetry to the plot, but it just came across cheesy and made for a lacklustre ending. Good story outside of those contrivances.

orater1orater1over 3 years ago
Ya know....I hate it

when the occasional talented, author succeeds is taking me on a journey that results in my whimpering and tearing up like a baby (and often)! The author of this story succeeded in accomplishing just that - oddly, numerous times! It seems for the price of one story...he (?) provided me with numerous (4 - i can count) stories that transformed me into an anxious reader waiting to what was round every bend and see what else transpires (and see how they filled five full pages so well). Funny - he (assuming) managed to tie each segment together beautifully. The ending...ouch but it fits. Several twists and turns. And yes....on edge from shortly after the beginning...to the end! I also have to deal with slightly moist shirt sleeve.

Argh - I guess there's nothing left to do but curse Lit for only allowing 5 stars, mark you as a favorite and go read the rest of your submissions to make sure this isn't a one-off. And for the sake of all...fill out your bio with at least the basics - so we can visualize who to blame (and thank) for the emotional trips.

gaforrestgaforrestover 3 years ago

simply outstanding work.....

deadonedeadoneover 3 years ago
Welcome to the Wonderful wild Web

Were everybody has a correction, AND a fact to document it.

While I was about to check out out at the mere mention of manchester, I pressed on.

Good story.

I'm just glad that I don't have to be deciding who is trying to help, and who is just trolling. Good luck.

ARSENAL!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

A pity that you spent all that time and effort just to produce another pathetic RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Total Disconnect

I agree with the other comments. You writers truly live in your own worlds. During these times to think we would have any consideration about a divorced person with over 3 million dollars while the rest of us can’t pay rent during COVID is a slap to our communal faces. Turn on the news and join the human race. No score

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
for the most part, I enjoyed this story

but don't think it's any better than 3*

Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Like it!

Good story... I gave you five for it, but I have to agree with some other:

Why kill him off (in other words, I didn't like the ending), but it doesn't take anything from the story, it is just matter of the opinion.

Some of us are just a bit more of romantic types... Liking happy endings!

(probably because they are rare in real life)

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

A good read but the ending spoiled it as it was quite predictable with the way the story went and the comment about her ex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ugh

Give me a break, ridiculous story, characters, etc

dojdojover 3 years ago

I just them all as stories and this one was very emotional I had tears in my eyes thoroughly enjoyed it thats why I gave it 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4*s

A good read. Gave you 4 *s, and you earned them.

So you don't have all the facts. Alright, you have some facts totally wrong... So what!!

This story is make-believe. A very well written and entertaining fantasy, lol.

Sympathetic characters, action, and a love interest. That's all wrapped around a complex plot that is never boring ❗Bravo I say. Well done.

All those complaining, give them their money back...... HA, ha, ha....

I'm

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blah

Just blah. You started off using the blackmailed wife and then of course finding the beautiful woman on your trip and then you toss in a kidnap plot where he becomes the hero and then you have RAAC and murder and so on.

Too long and not really interesting. But like someone else asked, why kill him? Now this chick has to live a life of misery for some time until she gets a new husband?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great story-Just Awesome!

BriteaseBriteaseover 3 years ago
I’ll ignore the hollywood version of the uk

And quite enjoyed the story. Pity you bought guns into it though, as they’re as rare as hen’s teeth in uk, except for shotguns of course.

RSKY54RSKY54over 3 years ago
Very Good

Don't pay any attention to the ones that criticize everything. If they want a different ending they should write their own stories. Thank you for the time and effort you spent on this one.

Great job.

RSKY

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tragic

I have never read a story so tragic in my life. Bad luck nothing but bad luck. Very Sad.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 3 years ago
Sigh

I also quit early....somewhere around the middle of page two. There’s very little humanity or depth in this story. It reads exactly like what it is: a message from the author, who knows what happens next and therefore feels (and shares) no suspense about it, nor pain or elation about what happened last. In 6,000 words worth of very dramatic activity I never once felt surprise or worried, because neither did the character I was following. A character *should* feel pain, fear, uncertainty, and sadness. This is their LIFE. If they lose a marriage they were deeply committed to, or might have to spend years in prison, or whatever...you should never drop the conceit that their life is REAL to them.

The only lens the story offered its readers was anger, the silliest “wish I was a tough guy” fantasy action, and convenient off-screen problem solvers that absolved our main character from having to ever consider the risk or cost of their own actions.

robnilrobnilover 3 years ago
very good

don't know what the editor that rejected this was thinking as i haven't read anything on here that resembles your story. with all of the stories on this site there are bound to be some similarities between some stories but to accuse you of plagiarism is ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UNIQUE

I have read some stories by sbrooks103x, who writes good stories. I can't understand the animosity towards this story. Could it be that sbrooks103x was involved in the initial rejection? I have read many stories on Literotica and have not encountered any that be considered more original than this one.

I liked the story. Maybe some errors or gaps but, none that detracted. I didn't particularly care for him getting back with the cheating wife. Still, a great story. 5*

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 3 years ago
What a great story...

... and certainly unlike any other story that I've read in LW on Literotica. Being as I've read probably 90% of these stories with a rating of 3.00 or better (no voluntary cuckoldry for me), I think that I would have noticed one that was even remotely similar. Again, a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why Your story was pulled

One of the reasons for pulling your story could be that your started it as Mike Adams and then midway became Michael Millbrook. A classic mistake when one does a cut & paste job.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

I had to stop on the 2nd page .... too much

" But I'm an American, and I wasn't about to travel around with no protection. I brought my Ruger 9 mm with two magazines, each magazine holding eighteen bullets. "

I might be a simple woman but first, you wouldn't have gotten that in the country and second, a Ruger 9mm magazine holds 17 rounds :) You can have one in the chamber plus a full mag. I know this because my husband owns two of them.... nit picking I know but this was too crappy to continue.

As for your pulled story, I remember that and I knew I had read that somewhere before, certain of it. This isn't the same one.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Wow!!! What a story.

A little rough in the telling, but terrific plot/storyline.

The beginning seemed like the standard cheating wife BTB story, but then took a bizarre right turn. But I hung in there, and was glad I did.

But, besides being a little rough...hmmm I realize it’s told in first person journal format, but it really needs more dialog vs first person “telling” of what happened. And a strange thing done in some of the dialog — Person A will describe something or other in 3-4 sentences to Person B, then Person B responds by reiterating what Person A just said in 2-3 sentences within the next paragraph. Person A just said that, so we the reader, don’t need reminding of what Person A said.

And, of course, this all occurs in a parallel universe, with a young King and Queen of the England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.

That said, thank you for the story. Really enjoyed it.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Busy story

I had to check the number of chapters after the first page. At that point it was a boring story and I didn't want to waste my time. It got much better but difficult to believe but I did finish. Having two people killed was way over the top as was saving a prince's life. It is however your story and you write what you want. Thanks for submitting.

Buck1974Buck1974over 3 years ago
Excellent

Fantastic story the only massive problem with this story was the fact that he was a Manchester United supporter. What the hell were you thinking lol never put something like that in your story. Just that saying that you are a Manchester United supporter is extremely enough to kill a story. But hey if you had left that out I would probably would of called this superb . This was a great little tale from a very talented writer and lets hope to read more stories like this.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

loved the story, no nitpicking from this reader 5***

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Enjoyed the fairy tale story and liked the way it flowed. A Feel Good story and

of course the knight had to die in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh, I say.

“This story was pulled by an editor at Literotica. The implication is that I plagiarized all or part of this story. I assure you that I wrote this story from scratch and have read nothing remotely like it on this website. I am extremely upset at the implication being leveled at me and would love to understand why this story was pulled.”

Your story was “pulled by an editor”? If that’s the case, sucks to be you, as word is definitely out that you tend to submit stories remarkably similar to those published by others. In this story sub-genre where elements are constantly regurgitated and restructured, it’s quite a feat to be examined for plagiarism.

Do you rather mean, “pulled by a moderator”? I’m not sure if that’s better, or worse.

While I’m an avid consumer of the themes you employ in your stories, your stories are pretty bad, scores notwithstanding.

There is no way you could get a gun into the UK in your baggage, period. You might be able to ship it, otherwise uh-uh.

Your dialogue including UK English is so, so bad. I’m sure it gets by those who have never encountered a UK citizen.

In most Scandinavian countries, especially in urban areas, folks speak English better than those in the US. I have traveled extensively in Denmark, Norway, and Iceland, and most adults speak 3 or 4 languages in addition to their native tongue. English, German, and usually, French. The Faroes and extreme northern Scotland are the only places I’ve ever had difficulty communicating with the natives. Excepting Appalachia and I was born there.

Do the police in Uk actually introduce themselves as being from Scotland Yard, or is that only on bad TV shows like Murder She Wrote? I’m actually asking a question, in addition to being glib.

~Enkidu

sdc97230sdc97230over 3 years ago
I guess I can see why someone thought this story might have been plagiarized

It recycles almost every common LW trope and misconception (the only one missing is the one in which the cheating wife disses her husband's masculinity and threatens to take him to the cleaners in a divorce if he doesn't willingly submit to being cuckolded).

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great story 5 *

A great story, but really, did Michael have to die? It added nothing to the story.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

I liked it. I hated it. I read it a second time. Can’t say I have seen this anywhere else.

Well worth the 5 stars I granted it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Weird

There were alot of weird plot holes and missing info but I enjoyed it anyways. I'd just do better when proof reading or keeping notes on your characters background

PostScriptorPostScriptorover 3 years ago
Very Shakespeare'ian!

LOL! Just like the Bard, leave the stage filled with bodies by the end!

The plot was a bit over the top, but don't understand why any readers would think it was plagiarized. Although, they have software that is used at Universities to review papers for plagiarism. My son was once suspected in a history class of plagiarism (a well done paper that used the Mitsubishi Zero as a vehicle to examine Japanese culture during the pre-WWII years). He had about 4 versions from draft to final that he showed the Professor, who did admit that there was no reason to suspect him of doing anything other than writing a well conceived and well written bit of research.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandover 3 years ago

Stoney,

After reading this wonderful story I realize you are without a doubt you are one of the best story tellers on LiteE...

There is a big difference between being a great author and a great story teller... Great authors are fun and very enjoyable to read... Great story tellers take it to a higher level, making the reader feel like they are truly there, not just reading the story...

I look forward to reading many more of your stories as you write them...

5*****s

SOS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I find it hard to believe that

anyone thought that this was plagiarized. As for the Brit that thinks that guns are extraordinarily rare in Britain, there were roughly 10k offenses involving guns in Britain last year, and there's a youtube video about how easy it is to get guns in (so much for the security measures he touts). If he were to do something as simple as reading the newspapers (even The Guardian would do), he'd be better informed. Muslim terrorists and other criminals have been bringing guns into Britain in large numbers for a long time. So, while there are more guns in the US by far, many more people in Britain have guns than is commonly realized.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stu Pid

Stopped at the BS super secret agent carrying a gun around is a Maxwell Smart agent 86 box. Fiction is supposed to challenge your sense of disbelief not insult it.

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Just how many crazed ex-lovers bent on murder can you have in one story. Just one is over the top, but two is getting silly. Too many poor plot choices and overused cliches cap any potential here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a rare treat!

Such a rare treat in LW these days .. a story that not only has a wife actually loving her husband .. but two such wives. And, honestly, it's nice to read a story that I feel good after reading even though it's clearly not a "happily ever after" ending. Thanks for a great read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You found your wife cheating in your marital bed, in a motel?

For a guy who can smuggle a pistol in to Europe you sure don’t pick intelligent places to put your marital beds.

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
"Oh, Michael, I feel so absolutely retched for you."

That's feeling pretty bad, all right. Hope she had someone there to clean up the mess. :)

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Guess I am in the minority - I liked this story, but...

Spoiler - the ending was too sad for my taste. Otherwise the twists and turns were well done. I usually don't like RAAC but it made sense for him taking the first wife back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Rich People

I guess that's my only significant critique. Us regular people do stuff, too. Otherwise, it was engaging with good characters one can like and an intriguing story.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

Except for using the same plot device twice, i.e. the spouse being shot, this was a great story.

pepepilotpepepilotover 3 years ago

I found the story to be extremely well written. There were many times that the author made me feel as if I was there. With that in mind, my emotions seemed to tag right along with the storyline.

As for the nay-sayers, this is fiction people. It is the author's perception of how he wants the story to flow. Also, as it is fiction, all of the laws that we are used to dealing with do not apply. Like it or not, at least give the author credit for a well-written story.

Totally 5***** for me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bad story

Too many inconsistencies and a severe lack of even basics about other countries.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A real sad fantasy story,ending was depressing.

Really :::this was a real farce. Totally unrealistic , to many tragedies, a lot of kids left behind. But we’ll written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
U can do a lot better

I've read a lot of your work and this is mediocre in comparison 2 stars

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Superb Story

As I read this story, I recalled odd things from other stories I had read but the editor who thought you had plagiarized another story needs to get a job elsewhere, preferably well away from anything to do with reading or writing, perhaps driving for Uber or as a people-greeter at Walmart!(I hear they are phasing out that position!)

5***** for this intricate and amusing story. It had all the facets of an "adult" Hallmark movie Great Job, Thank You. I had already decided to read the Jacob Marley story when I saw it on Amazon.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

lol, I see the "peanut gallery" is out in full force.

.

I enjoyed the read. It was clearly a "fantastical" set of events, so all the "oh it couldn't happen" critics are ... meh.

.

In the light of what it is, not realistic fiction, I found it to be enjoyable but tragic. If you the reader want butterflies and unicorn farts, this one is not for you. Well, mostly LW is not for you but whatever.

.

Thank you for the effort to entertain us and give us something FREE to read.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 3 years ago

Lost interest with the ridiculous notion of making it through customs with a disassembled weapon. Do some research, you dumbass.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

I have a million things I should be doing but I couldn't stop reading this tale. The narrative/plot line of Kerry and Mike's initial breakup didn't sit right with me for some reason but the remainder of the story was bold, fresh, and believable. Did NOT see the ending coming as tears formed in my eyes. Well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too dark with the sad ending

But still worth 5 stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I liked it! 5*****

One thing left me curious. You wrote, "I've bought Sarah a gold necklace with three heart-shaped gold charms with each of our children's names and birthdates inscribed on the front." Didn't he have 2 children from the first marriage that she was helping to raise? Wouldn't that be 5 charms?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

downer

AmunRa218AmunRa218over 3 years ago
Excellent Story

Quite an entertaining tale. Things happen in life, maybe not as outrageous as this. LOL For a strict gun control country there sure were a lot of guns. My only comment was why ManU? Well at least you didn't pick the gooners. LOLOL. COYS!! Thanks for the story!! 5

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Er...well..

I usually like your work, but this was odd..lack of research someone suggested. I could cope with the spelling mistakes as quite often it doesn't spoil a good story and can be corrected for future work with editing. There are a few ways of getting guns into the UK but that way isn't possible, note, apart from Sporting weapons (shotguns …double barrel or max magazine capacity of 2) all other firearms are illegal in UK..The Royal stuff was as big a fantasy as the Netflix TV series The Crown (which is mostly fiction for dramatic purposes...whatever that means). No one bows or courtesy's except for rare ceremonial occasions, George (Peter) sounded like a child from a Charles Dickens novel, no one has ever used the term Crown Prince in the UK (popular in the Middle East I think), it should be Heir Apparent. Only the current Monarch is addressed as 'Your Majesty' except again in rare ceremonial circumstances, normal daily use for all other Royals is Sir or Ma'm. The suggestion that the Royal family could ask the press to respect their privacy is laughable, the press in the UK have no interest in respect for anyone or anything Royal or not (No offence Matt).

The UK is a Monarchy but mostly as figurehead only, sadly we are what is called a Democracy....bit like in the US...Not good is it? Right rant over, looking forward to your next story.

robinhodrobinhodover 3 years ago
Competent use of the English language.

Everything else was ridiculous. I could write at length but just two examples will suffice:

They walked for two or three days (I couldn't be bothered to check back), without finding a house. In ENGLAND? Near LONDON? Half an hour would have been exceptional.

After all this plodding across fields the baddies in the Mercedes found them?!!

This writer clearly knows nothing about Europe or England. To a Brit, the whole thing creeps.

Stick to what you know!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
TALK ABOUT SERENDIPITY FOR THE COMMON PEOPLE

and then mention about falling in and coming out purified and glorified, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Gave 5 for effort

Though there are some serious plot holes.

There's no current king of England for one.

I liked the random royal rescue, it is fiction after all.

Hard to write a new scenario about catching the spouse out so that maybe why the story got pulled.

It would have been more likely for her boss to be the predatory culprit.

Thanks and cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's hard to believe, but this actually got worse with every page. What a pathetic clusterfuck.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Just too dumb for comment

i put up with the twists and turns of the fantastic life of Mike Yo Yo. His life was up and down and made little sense to me. The final page was ridiculous and I was really sorry to have wasted the time to read all 5 pages. i did rate it 3*, but I wonder now why I rated it so highly. Maybe because without the last several paragraphs it would have made a fairly good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done.... I guess

Good story; many twists & turns but, the ending was shite...

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Stoney, that wwas damn good!

As I type with clouded eyes. I thought your transitions were a bit rough, the passsing of one time to another, but overall was interesting and emotional. Nice job, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I have never commented before but...

I have read a LOT of stories on Literotica and whoever the person was who said this was plagiarized had no clue.

That said, I simply could not stop reading. Your words and descriptions flowed perfectly and the story moved along in a steady but grand fashion.

I have my favorite authors and you have been among them with my favorite story before this one being "Janet's Christmas Betrayal."

Thank You for sharing your gifts with us.

It is appreciated very much.

OH, And I just finished reading A Christmas Tale Completed -- The Redemption of Jacob Marley. It's a tiny book, but well worth it. If you don't want to get it at Amazon, you local library should have it for free.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More holes than a Swiss cheese!

Where to start?

1) The heir to the throne is the Prince of Wales and not the Duke of Windsor.

2) I very much doubt anybody in the Royal Family would ever accept the title "Duke of Windsor" as the first one was a rabid Nazi & friend of Hilter - it would be like a German changing his name to Adolf Hitler!

3) You may be able to get a gun easily in the USA but that isn't possible in UK

4) How likely is it to have two characters killed in the same way?

5) No British files with anything remotely sensitive would be opened so soon - the minimum is 30 years.

6) Like to see you try to smuggle a gun in bits into Europe - unlikely to get away with it!

7) if you got lost after driving out of London for one hour & walked south for two days you are going to find people at some point very quickly - at most you could have driven c50 miles from the centre of London and in two days you probably could have walked c25 miles, which out have put you back into the suburbs of London.

hermie55hermie55over 3 years ago

I think this story was 5 star. Of course I didn't scrutinize every word you wrote to find errors. Well written!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
lol

weird i have read lots of stories here that not only look but sound like the same story maybe u pissed someone off or something. can only write in a subject so many times before they all bleed into each other

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You seriously can’t see where the plagiarism of the plot is?? Well, maybe the estate of Tom Clancy doesn’t notice it...but shit, this is downright thievery..

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I'm certainly glad StoneyWebb came along he is an excellent new writer. Five stars

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 5 STAR STORY

BUT FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE MAIN CHARACTER WAS KILLED OFF. I GUESS IT MADE IT DIFFERENT BUT DAMN, THERE'S SO MUCH DEATH ALL OVER THE WORLD. I KNOW I'VE CAUSED MY SHARE.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
@ANON ‘Oh Michael ... ‘ 01-05-21

Good catch ... should be ‘Wretched’ pronounced RE ched.

Not the only near-homophone abused!

Michael was a certifiable ‘asshole’ for his treatment of his raped wife! Yeah, she shoulda gone straight to the police. Tell Hubby after his boss is charged ... keeps him from taking the law into his own hands! Hubby saw her feelings at the motel when she pushed away from the embrace of his Boss.

3*

SirCarlSirCarlover 3 years ago
Well Done!

Interestingly well thought out, written, and presented. Keep up the good work.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Well written but.....too much of a downer for my tastes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why would you have a language barrier in Sweden and Denmark?

Is it because they speak far better English than you Americans?

This wax an utterly ridiculous story but thanks for the laughs I these dark times.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Seriously

Outfuckingstanding! If you don’t like this there is something seriously wrong with you.

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
I don't care what the naysayers say

I liked it a lot. FIVE*****

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
Excellent story!

I did not like the ending, but still have to say it was a really engaging tale!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

Boring and unimaginative. Try harder next time people on here will like anything as long as it doesnt have cuckolding jeez

Standards have become so low

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
mistakes abound

I don't know who is responsible for the editing, but the story starts out with Michael using one last name and 4 paragraphs in he adopts the Adams title. I thought this was a crucial part of the story (some big mystery), but it turns out to be an author's miswanderings.

The story has a decent end, but it was expected. Too bad the American children get forgotten about (apparently adopting them wasn't enough that they be counted in the necklace).

Definitely could have been better. Still a decent ending and interesting read overall.

Smokepole

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous