More Than Friendship Material Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Liz is probably enjoying it with relish," Tammy said amid giggles.

Hollie wasn't finished either. "It's because her buns are so soft." Both girls erupted into hysterical laughter again. Even though it had been her idea and she had reassured Liz, Mary was not quite as comfortable with the situation as she let on. It was just a necessary evil. So, Hollie and Tammy's jokes weren't sitting well. She looked at Todd, and he looked like he wasn't all that amused either.

"Let's take a walk, Todd," Mary said. "While the queens of comedy get it out of their system."

Todd downed half of a funnel cake in one bite, and got up to go."Cool," he replied. "I wanted to go over to the patch and look at some pumpkins, anyway."

"Is that what the kids are calling it these days?" Tammy teased.

"Judging by Mary and Liz, I think Ben knows how to choose pumpkins," Hollie added. "He's probably feeling around for the best ones right now."

"Spoken like someone who has candy corn instead of pumpkins," Mary grumped, as she threw some popcorn at the little cheerleader. She and Todd headed from the pavilion toward the pumpkin patch. As they walked they heard Tammy's lighthearted voice again.

"I wonder if Liz is bobbing for apples," she said, as the merry maids burst into laughter once again.

Todd scuffed a patch of grass with his shoe as they reached the field of pumpkins. They hadn't said much the entire walk over, falling into silence and lost in their own thoughts.

"So um...I guess I sort of owe you an apology for earlier..." Todd suddenly said, looking a little uncomfortable. "I hadn't planned on making a move on my best friend's girl.Notthat I didn't enjoy it." He shot her a grin, flushing slightly.

Mary laughed and shook her pretty head, giving a casual shrug. "You weren't so bad yourself and it's OK. I know it was all a mix up, but still, we needed to clear the air."

Todd drew in a long steady breath and blew it out. "I hope it was the right choice though."

Mary frowned slightly and cleared her throat, "I'm fairly certain that it'll be fine. I trust them."

"Turnabout is fair play. My head is starting to hurt though."

"Which one?" Mary teased with a wink and giggled.

Todd shot her a playful glare and then turned her attention to the field of pumpkins to choose from. Sometime later, they were deliberating over a final selection. Todd held one up. "I think this one is the most sincere. The little notch there gives him character."

"Whatever, Linus,." Mary replied. "That one is way too small."

"Bigger isn't always better."

"That's not anything you need to be saying. Remember, I know better now. That's more a Hollie kind of comment."

Todd laughed. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I believe we both know that Hollie makes the most of the hand she was dealt."

"True dat." Mary answered. "Isn't that damn ride over yet?"

Todd looked over at the field and saw the tractor chugging its way to the gate. "Looks like it's close. Let's pay for this and go meet them."

"OK. That'll give me time to get my game face on," Mary said. "They arenotto know we were jealous, right."

"What do you mean 'we', Paleface?" Todd said with a grin.

Mary laughed, and the pair made the executive decision to go with both size, and character. They paid for the pumpkins and made their way back to the pavilion, but Tammy and Hollie weren't there.

"They must already be over by the ride gate," Todd reasoned. With pumpkins in tow, he and Mary walked arm in arm to the area where the hay rides started and finished. Mary scanned the lessening crowd.

"See them?" she asked.

Todd kept looking around. "Not yet. Wait there they are, and OH. MY. GOD."

Mary turned in the direction where Todd was looking. There were their friends and lovers, alright, and two were caught in a passionate embrace. Ben was one of them, just not with Liz. Not even with Hollie.

"What is it with you men?" Mary fumed. "The straight girls not enough for you?"

"Hey, don't blame me," Todd argued. " I have no idea what that's all about." They both rushed over to the gate where the latest bout of weirdness had ensued. Liz was looking on in shock. Hollie just looked bemused.

"Ben? T? What in the living hell are you doing?" Mary shouted, while smacking Ben in the back of the head.

"OW!" Ben yelled, as he and Tammy broke the kiss. Tammy looked at Mary and Todd, smiling wickedly.

"Oh good, you're both back," she said, as she grabbed Todd and kissed him as if she was a sailor returning from war.

Giggles erupted from Liz. She couldn't help it, it was all too much and too funny to resist. Wrapping her arms around her middle, she practically doubled over with laughter. "Oh my god...this is..." she gasped for a breath, "too funny!"

Hollie soon joined into the giggle fest, while Mary looked none too happy and Ben was left scratching his sore head while Todd got a mouth full of tongue. God bless him, he tried to resist, but Tammy pressed her tall body close to his and wrapped herself around him a moment longer before letting go.

"There!" she said, smacking her lips and looking mighty pleased. "I was feeling left out. I mean, come on...everyone had a go with one guy or another or BOTH."

"But but..." Mary began, pointing a finger and Tammy laughed.

"Lighten up Mary. You'll get another turn soon enough," she winked, grasped Hollie by the hand and tugged the little blonde along. "Lets blow this Popsicle stand!"

Still giggling, Liz stumbled behind them, leaving Todd, Ben and Mary still in shock.

Ben, Mary, and Todd exchanged glances as the three girls practically skipped on their way to the exit.

"Where did you find her, again?" Ben asked Mary.

"Picked her up in a bar," Mary replied.

"That's right," Todd said. "I remember she said that this morning, and I thought it was a joke. I should have known better. I appreciate the Altoids she had, though."

Ben nodded appreciatively. "Wintergreen. Nice touch. OW!!" Mary had hit him in the back of the head again.

"Go over the details with me later, Ben," she snapped. "For T and Liz, both. I have a feeling that you're gonna have some things to get out of your system, judging from the way your anaconda is coiled there."

"Oh please," Ben answered. "What I had to deal with tonight was all because of you two. I was an innocent victim of circumstance. Still, I like the way you said anaconda."

Todd sighed. "My anaconda has to go back to his den alone." The three began to make their way toward the parking lot, too.

Ben punched his friend in the arm. "Don't you mean garter snake there, buddy."

Mary laughed. "Well, Todd, look at it this way," she said. "You've only got about 24 hours left to wait, and you got at least a little action tonight. High quality, I may add. Plus, you're taking Hollie home. Who knows what else might happen."

Todd grinned. "Yeah. I almost shudder to think. You guys ever get the feeling that we're just characters in somebody's story, and they're playing games with us?"

***

"So...how was it hmmm? Ben as good as Todd?" Hollie asked, wanting to hear about all the juicy details.

"A lady doesn't kiss and tell." Liz laughed and wiggled he brows. "However, since I am no longer a lady, apparently, I will fill you in,but...later. I am exhausted!"

Giving the blonde a warm hug, Liz pulled away. "Be gentle with Todd. I want him functional tomorrow."

Hollie grinned, "No worries babe. Youbettercall me, though. I want all the details. Wait, better just call me after tomorrow. I want to know itall."

"Perv." Liz shoved her playfully back and then hooked onto Tammy who ushered her back to the car. She gave the others a quick wave and practically jogged to keep up with Tammy's long strides.

Todd, Ben and Mary reached the parking lot, just in time to see Liz ride off with Tammy. Hollie waved at them as the car fell into line behind the other cars waiting to exit.

"Didn't even wait to say good-bye," Todd remarked. "Should I be concerned by that."

"Nah," Hollie replied with a smile. "I think they were just rushing home to bed. You and Ben must have gotten them all worked up." Hollie's answer made all three of her friends fidget. "Oh give me a break," she added. "Y'all need to lighten up and fast. Especially you, Todd. I'm not going to have a repeat of Joe Despondent. I want the rest of my date to be fun."

"Do tell," Mary laughed. "I can see why you'd be frustrated. You got less action than any of us, tonight."

"Perhaps, but I did leave my mark. Nice hickey there, Ben. Wait..that is mine, right?" Hollie winked at him.

"OK, before this gets any more embarrassing and weird, I think we should call it a night," Ben said. "I have class in the morning, and Todd has the doctor appointment of a lifetime."

"Spoil sport," Mary jeered. "OK, loverboy. Plus, you have stories to tell me. Remember."

"Well, there was this one time at band camp," Ben began, and everyone shared another laugh.

***

In the safety of the dark car, Liz inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of leather. "That last bit was perfect, by the way. Totally broke the ice." She grinned at Tammy as the brunette pulled out and gunned the car out of the lot.

"Thanks. I try." Tammy laughed and gave Liz's thigh a little squeeze. "What a night! Jesus! Never have I had so much fun. Is it always like this?"

"Lately it has been...ever since Todd and I ended up in bed together by accident...it has been chaos."

"That a good thing?"

"Hell if I know. Sure is tiring, but we've had fun along the way."

Tammy shook her head, "Well, I'm glad I met you girls...you've added a spice to my otherwise boring schedule."

Liz gave out a little snort. "I find that hard to believe, but you fit right in."

The drive home seemed relatively short and Liz was glad for it. She was beginning to doze off as Tammy slid into a parking spot and stopped the car. "Wake up Snow White."

Liz smiled, "Thanks for the fun, Tammy, and the food and for keeping me safe from the things that go bump in the night."

"Yeah yeah...you owe me. I hear Allen at least got a good night kiss," Tammy replied, " but I'll settle for a hug.

Liz felt a small rush of heat flood her body and chuckled, the sound trailing off as Tammy leaned over for an embrace. Smiling gently, Liz met her half way and pressed her lips to the those of the tall brunette. It was so different that the boys, but nice. Especially as Tammy's strong fingers slipped over the back of her neck and deepened the contact until they were both a little breathless.


"Well that was unexpected," Tammy said with a grin.


"It was only fair." Liz breathed and laughed as they pulled away. "Be careful driving home."

"Will do. You go get rested up for tomorrow, girl."

Liz got out of the car and stood waving as her new friend pulled out and drove away, then made her way up the walk to the apartment. Liz was thankful to be home. She felt completely drained once her foot stepped over the threshold and the door was shut and locked. "Home sweet home." she murmured and kicked off her shoes. Still, the incident with Kevin still bothered her, especially when she was alone. Liz circled the apartment and turned on every light. Then, padding to the fridge, she grabbed a can of soda and then ventured to the bathroom. She smelled like hayride and fried food, plus a mixture of Ben's aftershave and Tammy's perfume still lingered on her. Liz took a deep long whiff of that and smiled slightly. What a crazy night it had been!

After gulping down the sugary soda, she quickly shed her clothes and jumped into the shower with a soft groan as the hot spray hit her tired body. She scrubbed and washed herself clean, removed her makeup and then made quick work of toweling off. Liz wanted to go to sleep. More importantly, she wanted to curl up next to Todd, but she didn't expect he would be home too soon. Teeth brushed, she slipped on a pair of loose fitting boxers and one of Todd's t-shirts. Pressing it to her nose, she inhaled and sighed. Damn she missed the big lug.

***


After a round of hugs, Todd and Hollie found themselves alone in his car on the way back to campus. It had been a wild night, and Todd wondered whether the craziness was over yet.

"Hollie, sorry about getting you tied up with all that stuff earlier. I didn't expect things to get out of hand the way they did."

"No worries, hun. It was fun getting in touch with my inner creature of the night, and besides, I like being tied up." Hollie grinned and ran her hand up the man's leg. Little Todd leapt to attention, and Todd squirmed. Hollie noticed both reactions. "Well, at least part of you still likes being touched by me."

Todd winced. "I didn't mean to jump, and you know very well how much I like being touched by you. It's just right now, I don't know how much touching is allowed or proper by anybody. The lines got blurry as hell, tonight. Liz could be making out with Tammy as we speak, and after earlier, I'd have a hard time blaming her."

The image conjured by Todd's confession struck Hollie so funny that she snorted. "Sorry," she said. "That probably wasn't the most ladylike of sounds."

Todd smiled back at her. "Part of the reason I like you so much. You seem able to laugh at yourself and take things as they come."

"Yeah. Well, that's been a concerted effort on my part. I used to worry more, but it was driving me nuts, especially when my brother got deployed."

"Oh, yeah. He's in the Navy, right.?"

"Yeah," Hollie answered. "But he's a medic for the Marines, which means he's in the line of fire a lot. That was hard to get used to. Took some counseling. On the bright side, it helped me get my priorities in line. Cheerleading became a lot less life or death. So did dating." Hollie looked out the window and sighed a little.

Todd looked at Hollie appraisingly. He had told Ben before that the cute blonde had depth beyond the perky exterior, and she just kept getting deeper. He suddenly felt even more grateful for the sacrifices she'd made for him and Liz, and he felt a little sorry for her. Taking her words in, he decided to just let things happen, at least for tonight. Tomorrow and what came after would work itself out

"When do you have to be home?" he asked.

"I have to work out in the morning, and there's some meeting at 11, but it's still fairly early," Hollie replied.

"Good. I know we stuffed ourselves with junk food, but I could really go for something solid. How about you?"

Hollie beamed. "A burger and fries would be nice."

"You got it, babe," said Todd. "Just out of curiosity, how far DO you think Liz is going with Tammy tonight."

"Todd, don't start that again"

"No, it's not that. I'm just need to know in regard to later."

"I don't know, but probably not more than a kiss good night, like the one she gave Allen." Hollie's sunny expression got momentarily cloudy. "That reminds me," she went on," I could maybe go for some apple pie..."

Todd looked thoughtful. "Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure things were even, before tomorrow. A brunette we know taught me the importance of that."

"Are you sure we should do that?"

"I'm sure. This is our last official date, and I'm going to say good night the right way. Just so you know, though, I'm not going to let you seduce me."

Hollie laughed. "Fair enough."

We'd better stop for gum, though," Todd said. "I know how you like onions."

***

"So, spill it!" Mary prompted as Ben parked the car in their usual spot and turned off the engine.

"Such impatience." Ben commented casually as he opened the door and climbed out of the car, leaving Mary wondering why he wasn't spilling the beans already. She wanted details.

Slowly he walked around the vehicle, opened her door and took her hand, pulling his pretty fiancé out before shutting her door. "All in due time." he promised. The longer he could get away with not talking, the better. He knew she was feeling insecure. Could see it in her eyes and there was no way in hell he was adding to those insecurities.

With her bottom lip poking out, Mary turned to leave, only to get swooped up into Ben's strong arms. She squealed and quickly wrapped her arms around his neck as he planted a kiss against the silky top of her head and rushed up the steps to their apartment.

Despite the fear that they would both take a tumble down the stairs, Mary found herself laughing as he played Mr. Romantic and gently let her down at the front door. Slightly off balance, she clung to the front of his shirt, tilting her head up to gaze into his handsome face. His sweet smile warmed her heart and made her pulse skitter. "I think I've been neglecting certain duties lately." He murmured thickly, stepping forward to press himself more fully against her warm curves. "I need to be better because as flattering as the idea is that you might be a smidge jealous,you, Mary mine, are my everything. I love you."

Her tough girl act soon crumbled at those words and her eyes glistened with unshed tears. "You know you're not supposed to make me cry. I hate it when you do this."

"I only do it so I can kiss you all better."

She giggled and sniffed, just before his warm lips met her own and she found herself tiptoeing to get closer. Ben moaned into Mary's mouth as she opened up and gave into the sweetness of their kiss. Her tongue swirled around his, curling to lick the roof of his mouth and instantly making him rock hard. Without missing a beat, he unlocked the door and shoved it open, pulling Mary close and lifting her so that her feet dangled off the floor as he shuffled them inside and banged the door behind.

Mary purred, rubbing herself against him shamelessly. Plans were going well! "Score one for Ben," he thought to himself and grasped her bottom, urging her to hop up. She did so willingly, wrapping her legs around his waist and laughing breathlessly as he trailed his mouth from her mouth down the length of her dove soft neck.

"Oooh baby, you're in for it now," he teased and jostled her playfully, moving to the bedroom.

Mary bounced on the bed, laughing as Ben made a grab for her legs and pulled her to the edge with a wicked little smile that had her heart thumping. "Come here my pretty," he teased and caught her lips in another breath taking kiss as his clever fingers made short work of undoing her jeans and tugging them off her lower body.

Gasping, she wiggled her bottom and lifted her legs as he tugged them off and threw them over his shoulder. "Ben!"

"Yes?" He asked innocently as her shirt was peeled off her upper body and slung over her shoulder. She giggled and then sighed as he brushed his lips over the tops of her breasts, his warm hands gliding up her thighs. "God you smell good...like..." He inhaled, "Funnel cake..."

Another burst of giggles filled the air as he lifted his face and grinned. "I love you baby. I don't care if you make me kiss a million other girls named Liz or Hollie or Tammy. You could tie me down and make me their bitch, I don't care. Because in the end, you would be the only one that holds my heart."

Tears blurred Mary's vision as she pulled him close and buried his face to her chest, wrapping her legs around his back and giving him a squeeze. "You sure?"

"Positive," came his muffled reply, followed by a delightful nibbling of her skin.

She eased up on her hold and smiled, "I love you too."

"Then let's forget about Liz and Todd and everyone else right now," he murmured and kissed her chin, trailing butterfly kisses along her neck and following the goose bumps that popped along her skin.

She moaned ever so softly and shivered as his tongue dipped low and traced the edge of her bra cups. "You always make it hard to think," she whispered and squirmed, leaning into him, her thighs spreading to clasp his hips as he slowly pushed her back.