All Comments on 'More Than Just Business'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 244 Comments (Page 3)
EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

You gotta love it when SaddleTramp applies his philosophy of life to cheaters, whether woman or man...

...in THIS tale, a continuation/sequel to a story started by another writer, he brings out the angst of the victim husband, and carries the theme of the original story to a very satisfying ending... again !

Of course it gets 5 stars !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely a really good story. On to the next one.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 1 year ago

Read it again still 5 Stars dd

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 1 year ago

great story, what i find hard to understand is. What do they think will happen once the mate finds out. She cheated for years. What did she think he would, just forgive her and live happily ever after.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

12 years is unforgivable. Linda deserved everything that happened to her and more. No remorse until she got caught.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Too bad neither of her suicide attempts were successful.

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

-Second time around for this one. This story isn't far from my own failed marriage at the 23 year mark and the loss of two daughters. both were teenagers, that was some 40 years ago, The end of that marriage gave me my first tears as an adult, The only only good thing to happen was meeting a good woman with 4 young children and I learned to love for the first time at the age 40. That marriage lasted almost 40 years. I've read a lot of these LW stories and have come to the conclusion that many of the marriages fail because the women, mostly, are very selfish. That's why they cheat. Over and over it's about self gratification, sex or otherwise. I also feel that there should be penalties for those cheaters, men and women. Not quite sure what the penalties' should be but no fault divorces make it too easy to break up a family. BTB always comes to mind but how do you really punish someone whose broken up the marriage?? I for one find a good BTB story very satisfying because of my own experience and I'm sure others feel the same. Good story and writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The fiction is very real life. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Much better conclusion that than the original. In fact a much better story than the original, that was just junk. I've never understood cheating spouses who suddenly the light after they've gotten caught. Personally speaking the last gift she could have given him was successfully offing herself. He could have said he was a widower rather then a cuckolded husband that discovered his wife's ongoing infidelity of 12 years.

TexMan1970TexMan197011 months ago

Well written as usual. One of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As always, not only well written & thought out, but captivating. ST1956's probably one of the top 3 authors on this site. He definitely can show many others how to write & construct a story. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good, she should have finished the job

IndyOnIndyOn10 months ago

Now that's how to end a story....*5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

How cruel are the comments saying that they wished she had killed herself.

Good ending but how could she have possibly expected to get back together.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Another 5 BIG ONES!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

First: a narcissistic slut like Linda would never try to commit suicide... she will always believe she is entitled to anything she desires and would end up staying with Grant, not her parents.

Second: Grant would not get 10 years for a 1st time assault, the attempted murder would have been dropped, with the money and lawyers he had at his disposal, the most he would get is 2 years with possible parole after a year.

Finally: Jon should have gotten 50% of her company sale settlement... that alone would have made him a rich man even if he had to pay her 50% of his retirement for alimony, not withstanding his settlement with Grant and Natalie.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@anonymous below, Inalways love it not when the amateur commentators try to play lawyer, doctor, therapists snd correct the accuracy of the authors’s FICTIzo.. And, if you’re going to “correct” it, make sure you know what you’re talking about before speaking with such certainty. As is apparent from @anonymous below, he’s neither a prosecutor nor therapist. His”corrections” are no more accurate than Saddletramp’s fiction, which Saddletramp expressly says is fiction. So @snonynous, rather than boringus with your ponderous “corrections,” why don’t you try writing something yourself rather than delaying pompous, dumbass fact checker. I actually am a trial lawyer and therapist, and I can tell you that your fiction is not even a smidgen more realistic thanSaddletramp’s version. So why don’t you write your own story or better yet, just shut the fuck up, dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I wonder how things worked with them after a time. If they remarried mean to each other. Very good story, four stars. Bob.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved the story, as I do all of you work. But I must say— “he’s awake now, but I don’t see any signs of a concussion” (after John wakes up in the hospital after Grant’s sneak attack in the bar). Dumbest line ever. No signs of a concussion? How about he was unconscious? A duh. The most obvious sign of a concussion, conclusive, in fact. Almost impossible to get knocked out and not have a concussion.

Otherwise . . . well done. And, do tell, where did that line come from? Not only is it wrong diagnostically, but it’s also massively counter-intuitive.

Big_Tim99Big_Tim998 months ago

Another typical delusional Loving Wife.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

The saddest part of this is that in real life it is the men who top themselves and that is without the helping hand of being raped in most divorces.

I like saddletramp's stories generally, this one has just left me a bit flat.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for sharing your fine ability to write good stories for your readers. 5*.

KahunabobKahunabob7 months ago

4/5 stars. I don't think a character like Linda would attempt to self-delete. Feels like the coward's way out. For a "power woman CEO" like she was, doesn't seem to fit. All in all, I do like your ending better than the one Bluefellow wrote a couple of weeks after yours. There's no getting back from her essentially leading a double life for 12 years.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So much better than The original

But I agree that the "institutionalized " ending was not my favorite.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You’re an excellent writer and I enjoy your stories, but these stories where the husband knows the wife is cheating and continues to act “normal”,” not giving anything away drive me nuts. There’s no way normal men could pull that off, I know I couldn’t, nor dors the prolonged agony even make sense. These such stories always put forth —unconvincingly I might add, a purported rationale for keeping the secret for a long, drawn out period. I don’t get this particular, especially ridiculous trope. It’s a silly, ridiculous, lazy device to prolong the story with a really false drama. I hate it. Please stop. You’re too good for such silliness.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

“I think he’ll be alright,”, said the doctor. “I don’t see any signs of a concussion.” Seriously Saddle? I know you’re not a doctor (obviously), but wouldn’t you think being unconscious is, perhaps (I know I’m going out on a diagnostic limb here), a “sign of a concussion? If not, what the fuck would constitute a concussion for Saddlettamp

Purposes?

Harvey8910Harvey89105 months ago

This was a great story. Five stars!!! It is never only business. Cheating on your spouse is personal. It is never just sex either. It is always personal. Linda went off the deep end when she saw Jon with another woman. Perhaps it reminded her of what she lost by having her cake and eating it too. Jon is moving on from Linda and it seems like he will find happiness with Nikki. The children are surviving and thriving after the divorce. Linda screwed up her life and her family trying to have it all. There are costs to every decision we make. Linda was so wrapped up in the thrill of her management position that she never fully considered the potential cost of her adultery. In the end, she discovered that the costs were more than she could bear. Great story!!!!

PondLife2023PondLife20235 months ago

Another great story from a great author. No hint of the Forgiveness bug attacking this story writer thank goodness!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I liked It. And that's the definition of Four Stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Compelling story Saddle, , but why the line about not being proud of kicking Grant’s ass? Ahem? Where’s the honor in not pounding the dude who’s been banging yer wife for more than a decade? Seems to me that if you are able, it’s a must, but perhaps that’s just me.

pugg6963pugg69634 months ago

Better than the original.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Almost a complete story, but it fell short at the end. What happened to Grant in jail? Natalie? The new GF?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Yes; a wife can hide her cheating for years. My wife did for near 17 till her mouth betrayed her. My next words were "tell me what you want in the settlement - divorce.

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban3 months ago

I liked the story - which gives a score of 4/5. It's interesting to me that a semi-powerful business woman could crumble so quickly - as Linda did at the end of the story. I understand that her world went to shit pretty quickly there. But she seemed to possess a certain mental toughness in her interactions with Grant... which in the end was nothing more than a facade. BRB

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Idaho to noth of the border?

skruff101skruff1012 months ago

Let’s face it Linda was an awful woman who deserved everything she got at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It would have been better without Nicci in the story. Putting her there made me feel to rate tis story a resounding 2. Like you said she should have been in another story. I like your other stories so I rated this a 3 instead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Linda was a pathological narcissist, she would not have attempted suicide... she would have felt totally justified of her behaviors and actions and eventually moved on to her next victim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good continuation of the story. Linda finally realized all the harm she did, at least to some degree. 4 stars Bob

DadieODadieOabout 1 month ago

I really enjoy you stories. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Excellent as always. This one really got dark at a the end but then that is what happens in real life. Great job 5 ⭐️

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiverabout 1 month ago

A Much, Much better ending than the original story!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Give Linda a gun and see if she can screw that up also!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...