More than Just Friends

Story Info
2 couples become more than just friends.
7.4k words
3.87
58k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My friend Yanni is an immigrant from Greece. He came to America as a teenager and lived with his uncle until he finished high school. Then he was off to college where he majored in International Studies. He could speak English as well as Greek and his family, in both Greece and America, had "connections", so he had no trouble getting a job at the Greek Consulate in New York and wound up settling in our area.

The American Greek community is very active in trying to keep the culture alive. They are known for their food festivals which are usually sponsored by the church. Yanni and I met one at one of those food festivals.

The local Greek Orthodox Church was having its Annual Food Festival over a 4 day period from Thursday through Sunday and my band, was hired to play on Friday and Saturday nights for the social. We are well known and very popular in the Greek community. I play bouzouki.

I'm a second generation American of Greek and English heritage. My mother was English, so I never learned the Greek language because it wasn't spoken at home, but I always gravitated to my Greek heritage. However, love knows no ethnic boundaries, so I was dating a fair-skinned, smiling Irish eyes, red headed beauty named Lauren.

Lauren was a little above average height for a woman, and had more of a straight body line. I'd describe her as wispy. Her hips were narrow, with a slightly smaller waist and modest but perky 34 B breasts. Yeah, I knew the exact size of her tits.

On Thursday, Lauren and I went to eat dinner at the Festival. We arrived and quickly got into line to get our food. We went through the line and had our plates filled with of a variety of foods like Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Mousaka, and, of course, Baklava for dessert. The hall was packed and we looked around to find some place to sit. Lauren spotted a couple of open folding chairs at one of those long paper-draped tables set up in the church hall. We hurried between the long narrow rows of tables hoping that no one would grab those seats before we got there. We made it and as I was sitting down my foot kicked under the table into to the foot of a young guy sitting across from me. I made my apology and he said that it was "not a problem". I noticed that he had an accent.

As we sat and ate, he and I struck up a casual conversation. He said his name was Yanni. We introduced ourselves and also our girlfriends. His girlfriend was Katrina or Katherine in English. She was Greek, but second generation like me, so she was really an American of Greek heritage – but she had the look of a native Hellenic beauty – olive toned skin, large deep brown eyes, thick dark brown hair and a somewhat but not too prominent Greek nose – "not a problem". She was average height for a woman, and had a nice body – kind of pear shaped, but with larger breasts. And she had this sultry sexy look.

Yanni is tall and lean, with black hair and is clean shaven. He'd be described as tall, dark and handsome by the opposite sex. He didn't have that typical big black porno moustache that you'd see Greek men wearing at the time. I, however, did have the "porn-stache" since I was trying to be as Greek as possible to compensate for the fact that I looked more like the Limey side of me.

Both Yanni and Katrina were really nice and we exchanged some small talk. I ended up telling him that I played in the band that was performing for the dance on the weekend. He said that he'd like to hear my band, so he said that he and Katrina would be there Saturday night, and asked Lauren if she was coming. She said that she usually didn't go because she hated to just sit there alone while I was playing. Katrina said that she hoped Lauren would be there because Yanni would usually leave her alone and wind up talking to someone at the bar – and drinking Ouzo. For those who don't know, Ouzo is a sweet Greek anise-flavored drink. It's around 80 proof and actually tastes like licorice, so it's not hard to swallow.

Katrina liked to dance the Greek dances like Sirtaki, Pentozali, and Tsamiko and said that she could teach Lauren how to dance them. Greek dances are primarily line dances so you don't need a partner. Yanni said "Come on, Lauren. Come with us. Please. We'll pick you up. Katrina and you can dance and – I Promise – you'll have a good time". It seemed that Yanni had somewhat of a gift. He had this really friendly manner and a way of asking you something that made it hard to refuse. Lauren agreed and said she'd like to learn some of the dances.

On Saturday, Yanni and Katrina swung by and picked up Lauren since it was on the way, as I had driven separately because I had to be there early - and we had to tear down after we were done. We all had a good time at the dance. I was playing, and when Yanni wasn't at the bar, and when Katrina wasn't showing Lauren the Greek dances, the three of them sat together.

I noticed that Yanni would place his hand on Lauren's shoulder when he was speaking with her, and lean towards her in order to hear over the music. Maybe it was that open European, and particularly Greek, culture that made Yanni comfortable enough to put his arm around a woman he had only recent met. Or maybe it was the fact that Lauren was so different than Katrina that prompted him to be so "friendly" - the attraction of opposites. Katrina was apparently OK with Yanni's attention to another woman, and Lauren didn't seem to mind either.

After my band played our last song, Yanni and Katrina came over to say goodbye and said that they would drop Lauren off on their way home so she didn't have to wait. They also said that we should get together when I wasn't playing.

Katrina and Lauren seemed to really hit it off and Lauren said they had exchanged telephone numbers. They had talked about going out to dinner some time – for something other than Greek food. Katrina and Yanni seemed to be nice enough and I said sure, I wouldn't mind. A couple of weeks later the girls arranged for us to get together and we went to an American fare restaurant. We all talked, ate and had a really good time. Yanni and I had a couple of Martinis while Lauren and Katrina each had a glass of wine. Lauren isn't a drinker so she usually just has a Coke, but she ordered Riesling, a sweet German wine. Yanni and I talked about his job at the Consulate and Greek music and generally got along real well. Since we all enjoyed each others' company we agreed that we should do it again soon. We gave each other a hug as we were getting in our cars to leave. Everyone hugged. It's pretty common in our culture. Yanni and I did the manly "slap on the back" side half hug and the girls gave each other a full friendly hug, after which Yanni and I hugged each others' girlfriends. I made sure to give Katrina a full hug. I figured Yanni had been pretty "friendly" with Lauren at the dance, and I didn't want Katrina to think that I wasn't being "friendly" towards her.

We saw each other socially about once a month or so, on a weekend when I wasn't playing, and always had a good time together. And if I was playing locally, Yanni and Katrina would sometimes come to see my band. They'd pick up Lauren and keep her company. We became good friends. Yanni is a really nice guy. He has a great personality and a good heart.

And there was something about Katrina. She seemed sensuous, a bit exotic, and she had those sultry, "bedroom eyes". And her Mediterranean olive toned skin and dark hair were a stunning contrast to Lauren. I'd say that they were almost "opposites". While Lauren was wispy, Katrina had a more voluptuous body – curvy hips, and nice full "squeezable" 36 C tits. I knew "first hand" about Lauren's tits and I could guess Katrina's size and "squeezability" by the feel when I hugged her.

And was that sultry look a telltale (or tell "tail") sign that she was sexually uninhibited? A virtual whore in bed? Was she Yanni's "hetaera"? I wondered, too, if she went "Greek". Lauren had rebuffed my efforts at anal play and intercourse. She said it was perverted and disgusting. But, with Katrina being Greek herself, I thought that she might be more receptive to carrying on the ancient tradition. If so, Yanni was a lucky guy. When Yanni and Katrina wound up getting married, I thought that he might have hit the sexual jackpot.

It so happened that Lauren and I also tied the knot the same year. I was quite pleased with my beautiful and sexy Irish wife and our sex life, although I always had "lust in my heart" when I looked at Katrina.

And the friendship continued. As we settled into marriage we would visit each other and often have dinner at our homes instead of always going out. It was way more comfortable. We could just be ourselves and not have to "dress up". We had gotten real close. And there was always a bottle of Ouzo at our homes for me and Yanni to toast to our friendship, or our wives, or (fill in the blank). Any excuse is better than none.

The hugs had long ago turned into hearty ones with kisses on the cheek and even on the mouth. It's very common in our culture to kiss someone directly on the mouth when greeting them or saying goodbye. It's usually just a quick kiss, nothing sexual. But there's a split second distinction between an affectionate kiss and crossing the line. Sometimes I'd hug Katrina a little too long and too closely and she'd say, "OK, that's enough Nicos". And Yanni would give me that fake stern look, but he always gave Lauren a hearty hug and sometimes kissed her on the lips too. So I'd give him the fake stern look back and say something like "Hey, watch it". And the girls would play along, holding on to us and laughing. I think that, now being "old" married women, they enjoyed that they were still attractive to other men and that they could turn a guy on by being a little flirtatious. I do have to say that they had aged well and their innocent flirting got me a little revved up. Enough so that after the evening was over, I was really in the mood for a hot night with Lauren – Or Maybe – Katrina.

Yanni and I would often meet after work and have a drink before we headed home. We'd always ask how each other's wives were. We'd joke about our sex lives and engage in risqué banter; and even tease one another about how we'd like to get the other's wife in bed. We really never came right out and said it, but Yanni would say stuff like, "Hey, if you need anyone to come over to keep Lauren company when you're playing, I'd be glad to help you out." And I'd counter with something like, "Well, if Katrina ever needs a big strong man to help her make the bed, have her call me and I'll be there."

We'd laugh, and would give each other that fake stern look, but I think we both secretly fantasized about the possibility and walked away wondering just how much we were joking with each other, and whether either of the girls would ever consider a wife swap.

I could tell that Yanni had a long standing crush on Lauren. Her look was so different than Katrina's, it like they were "opposites", and it seems that you always want what you don't have. And Lauren's personality is great too. She's friendly but reserved. She likes to have fun but she's not the life of the party. And she has this coy look that she puts on sometimes because she knows it turns me on, and other men. She flirts a little, especially after a glass of wine.

I had often daydreamed about getting Katrina in bed and even fantasized about a threesome with her and Lauren. Me and two sexy "opposites" of the opposite sex. I could almost feel – and taste – the picture I had in my mind.

Although I had never seen Katrina in the nude, I developed a picture of her in my mind. She was with Lauren in a scintillating lesbian embrace. The contrast of olive skin against creamy white skin, full voluptuous breasts with long puffy nipples against petite tits with hard perky nipples, dark thick tresses against flowing red locks of hair. I had my tongue in Lauren's sweet red-haired cunt while Katrina was riding up and down on my swollen cock, her dark pubic hair glistening with her juices. And the two of them were kissing, their tongues dancing; and fondling each other and rubbing their tits together, their nipples sending "electric shocks" through their bodies all the way to their moist pussies. And Katrina was rubbing herself while I licked and sucked Lauren's clit – until they both shuddered in orgasm, while I shot streams of cum deep into Katrina's searing cunt.

Ah, daydreams.

One of the guys in my band had made several comments about Katrina. He said she looked "dirty". Dirty, as in "raunchy". That description just fueled my fantasies, and I waited for the opportunity to maybe someday live them out. I secretly hoped that we might become something more than just friends.

Well, the banter between Yanni and I gradually progressed from risqué to outright sexual innuendo – alcohol has a tendency to loosen ones' tongues. The girls would have killed us if they had heard how we talked about them.

Sometimes I did tell Lauren about some of Yanni's suggestive comments, hoping to titillate her and stir up some sexual cravings. If I could get her turned on, only a full blown sexual frolic with accompanying orgasm would satisfy her.

One day, a couple years ago, when we met at the bar, Yanni had a strange look on his face. In an instant, my mind jumped from him telling me that – they were interested in getting a little (well a lot) more "friendly" – to coming right out and suggesting a swap – to telling me that there was trouble in their marriage.

Unfortunately, it was bad news, really bad news. The worst. Katrina hadn't been feeling well; she was having abdominal pain. So she went to the doctor who ordered tests that revealed she had cancer. A tumor, and she needed to have surgery to remove it. The next couple of years were roller coaster rides of treatment, remission, and then finding that the cancer had popped up somewhere else in her body – and finally the doctors said that there was nothing more they could do and Katrina succumbed to that horrible disease. I cried like a baby. I loved her as a friend and I felt so bad – Katrina had suffered so much, and for what, and Yanni was now without the love of his life.

And I felt guilty, but I couldn't get the feeling of missed opportunity out of my mind. I never did get to act on my fantasy when Katrina was healthy and so sensually alluring. I chose to remember the good times we all had together.

Yanni told me that when Katrina had realized that fighting cancer was futile and that she was going to die, she told him "Yanni, don't wait too long". What a gesture of selflessness. As she lay dying, she was worried about him. She knew he loved her, but she didn't want him to spend the rest of his life alone.

Yanni went into mourning, and for about 6 months, he was completely absent from the Greek affairs that he always attended. After a year had passed, he had come to terms with mortality and revealed to me what she had told him. I teared up and my voice cracked when I said I understood. Well, Yanni had grieved but, still being young enough to date, he was now ready to follow up on Katrina's advice.

When we met I'd ask him how things were going, and he said not too good. He hated being alone in the house. It was too quiet and he admitted that he was lonely. And there weren't many single women out there who he was attracted to and who were still sexually active. He told me how he would go out to a local singles' bar to meet some women, but they usually weren't what he was looking for.

And he would ask me about how Lauren was doing and still make comments full of innuendo about my sex life with her. I told him things were slowing down, and he would ask me if I needed any help getting her back in the mood. We'd laugh, but I could hear that there was a hint of seriousness in his kidding around, so I thought he'd still jump at the chance to get Lauren into bed.

I'd tell Lauren about the comments Yanni would make and she'd laugh and say he's crazy; and that he needed to find himself a woman.

Not long ago, rather than "dress up" and go out for dinner we decided to invite Yanni over to the house on a Saturday night. That way we could "dress down" and be comfortable. It was the 1st time that he was going to be at our place since Katrina passed away.

I bought some steaks for the grill, and we had a nice dinner together, just the three of us. I had also bought a bottle of Ouzo, and Yanni and I had a few shots which we washed down with Corona Cerveza, a popular Mexican beer. While we sat and talked after dinner, Lauren had a glass of Riesling. As I said she's not a drinker, so she can get pretty tipsy after a glass or two. Yanni and I were also getting a little drunk from the half bottle of Ouzo we had already polished off. Lauren said she didn't know how we could drink that stuff. Yanni said Ouzo is "kalo" (good in Greek). He said "it tastes like licorice", which it does, and said, "Lauren, try some Ouzo, it's the Greek nectar of the gods." She declined, but Yanni said "Please try it for me. I Promise, you'll like it." She sipped it and said it tasted good, but it was too strong. Yanni kept coaxing her to drink it until it was gone. Then Yanni tried to pour her another one, but she said "No", it was going to her head. Yanni said just one more, a toast to our Katrina – so Lauren had to agree. He said to raise our glasses, and said "sti mnimi i Katrina" (in memory of Katrina). Then he said to shoot it down. We all did, even Lauren, but she grimaced and coughed at how strong it was, and said that was enough.

Well, we continued to talk, and I could see that Lauren was getting tipsy by the way she was leaning into him while she was talking and giggling. She kicked off her ballet slipper shoes and suddenly put her arm around Yanni and said "We really love you, Yanni. You're such a great friend". Yanni said "I really love you too", and gave her a kiss on the lips. One of those friendly kisses, but I thought it might have gone that split second longer and crossed the line. Lauren apparently noticed it too and said, "Yanni, are you trying to make a move on me? You must be horny. Nicos told me about you". Yanni glanced over at me and I gave him that fake stern look. Then Yanni said, "Lauren, I've always thought you were beautiful and sexy, and I wish I was as lucky as Nicos to have you. I'm sorry but I'm just so lonely and I need a woman to be with, to touch her and to feel the warmth of her body against mine".

Lauren put her arms around Yanni and hugged him hard. Then she put her hands on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes. I could see the compassion in her eyes but they were also glazed over and I could tell that she was tipsy. Lauren glanced at me and I nodded my head slightly. Then she leaned into him and kissed him, this time leaving no doubt that it had crossed the line. She laid back on the couch, grabbed onto his hand and pulled him over to her. He laid his head on her shoulder and she began stroking his hair.

I figured Yanni needed it and Lauren was apparently receptive to some "friendly"cuddling. She gave him a kiss on his forehead and I could see that he started to move his hand around her waist and further up her torso towards her breasts. He had stopped there when Lauren placed her hand on his and, to my surprise, pushed it up to her breast. He looked at her and she nodded. Yanni started to rub her breast through her t-shirt as she made little breathy sighs. I figured that something more was about to happen so as to not be intrusive, I got up, clearing my throat so that I caught their attention, and left the room. But I sat down on the steps in the passage between the rooms. Lauren could see me and Yanni couldn't but I had a good view of both of them.

Soon he moved his hand down to her waist and slipped it under her t-shirt and slowly crept up her side. She laughed and said he was tickling her; and responded by moving her hands to his sides and began to playfully tickle him. They were laughing and squirming around on the couch together when suddenly Yanni kissed her hard on the mouth – and moved his hand back up to her breast. He pushed her bra up and her breast popped out. Then he lifted her t-shirt and placed his mouth on her breast. He started to lick and suck her on her nipple while she gently stroked his hair. Then he popped out the other breast. With that Lauren leaned forward and undid her bra and then pulled off her t-shirt. There she was in our living room with her t-shirt off and her tits exposed to our "friend". Her 34 B tits were perky and with the coolness of the air conditioning her nipples were erect, or maybe she was getting excited herself. I wished I was right there with them, except this was just the opposite of my fantasy. I dreamed of 2 females and me (FFM) getting it on, but this would be 2 males and my wife (MMF).

12