All Comments on 'More Than Thirty Miles Home'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 182 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cuckkkkkk

Cuckkkkkkk

Cuckkkkkkkk

Cuckkkkkkkkk

Cuckkkkkkkkkk

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

two things, when writing a cuck story USE the cuck tag

.

also, when claiming to write a btb to reconciliation story their should be some small amount of btb

.

in BOTH versions the cuck and no one else did one damn thing to burn the bitch

.

so one star for lying with your tags, title byline, and intro

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

Since all of your loving wives stories are raacs, maybe challenge yourself to actually write a btb...

Also, this isn't a rare story idea. I spent no time at all and found another story with a men's protection group, Me, inc by stoneywebb.

CaptainbklCaptainbklalmost 2 years ago

4 year affair and he reconciles? WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A good story doesn't need to be dragged on and on to be worthwhile. This is one that could have been shortened and been more enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Are you Kiding us ? All your talk about a believable RAAC and this 2 story are so unbelievable the 2nd even more with the wedding at the end, 4 years disapear and come back with wedding and forgiving ? Seriously ?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

RAACuck alert 0*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I made it to page two and that was too long. The cheating slag got a payoff for being a whore for years! Ooh, she really suffered....she's a cheating cumdump who gets a total pass and a cruise for her efforts. Another slut & cuck story.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 2 years ago

The first one was trash, but honestly the second try wasn't a whole lot better. She still did nothing to earn her second chance. It was her husband who put in the effort to come up with the options she never showed up to choose. It was her husband who was left to deal with being a single parent. It was her husband who went to counseling to get himself to a place where he could forgive her. It was her husband who orchestrated the whole scheme to bring her back and fool her into showing up for her own "wedding".

What did she do? She ran. She abandoned everyone and everything. She did nothing to atone to the people she hurt. She did nothing to prove herself worthy of her family's affections and trust again. She was handed salvation through no efforts of her own; her second chance was practically forced upon her. Despite your intentions, all you've done is craft yet another RAAC where the victim is the one who has to do all the heavy lifting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read part two and it was awful too. The cheating cunt is even worse in the second ending for running off, leaving her family. What a cowardly waste of human flesh. This woman was despicable.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

The first version fell quite flat IMO. The whole 'pretend it never happened' is just comical. At that point, the story itself could have just pretended it never happened without much difference. And why bother with Options 1 and 2, if 3 was so immensely favourable? That just seems like grandstanding.

The second is just plain weird. The woman disappears for years, and is rushed straight back down the altar on her return? They didn't even know when she'd be getting back in touch, she just calls Annie, and then everybody suddenly wakes up and gets the wedding plans ready? Feels like someone getting pranked. It's like the surprise reveal was more important than the events making any sense. She deserved reconciliation with her family, but this was a bit of a joke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

‘Mandatory stuff like NEVER seeing or contacting that bastard EVER again. Counselling. Being PERFECTLY exclusive and faithful from this day forward‘…..wAIT!!

Was that not what she promised at her marriage? So how does this work?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

At 6:12 AM, this story was scoring 2.13. by 7:00, it was up to 2.95. Still, I don't imagine that you expected a higher grade than that.

.

The first 12 published comments were pretty much of the 1* fag cuck shit variety, but you did warn readers that this would be a reconciliation story, so I'm not sure why they invested the time to read a seven page reconciliation story . . . or stories, in this case.

..

Mr Shock may have gotten it right, without intending to. "She still did nothing to earn her second chance. It was her husband who put in the effort to come up with the options she never showed up to choose," he wrote, but it's always the case that the offended party rather than the offending one has to put in more work, because the offended party has to do the forgiving and, hopefully, the mostly forgetting.

.

The question is, as it always is, are you better off with her or without her? And the answer is almost always that you are better off with her, especially if there are children involved, and moreso as time goes on and your lives are even more tightly intertwined. The majority of the LW commentariat will disagree with this, but it takes a bigger man to forgive and try to mostly forget than it does to go nuclear and divorce.

.

There were some unrealistic problems with this story, the primary one being a four year long, twice a month, practically regularly scheduled tryst. That's the kind of it's-no-longer-special type of thing that would peter out in far less than four years; it would more probably be done in four months! Affairs need to be exciting to continue, and this one really wasn't.

.

More, four years of this kind of routine coupling would not have escaped even the dimmest bulb husband's notice, because people get careless in their routines. Even if the husband was clueless, kids notice things, notice things that sometimes escape adults.

.

That Matt was stringing along four other mistresses at the same time just doesn't work. While we aren't told that all of his affairs were going on over four years, a man's behavior doesn't really change, so it's probable that he was screwing the other four on the same routines. Could that many husbands really be that clueless? The story would have read more believable if he'd been stringing along two women rather than five. We are told that there were three other affairs that had ended, so it's plausible for the story that some of the current five were 'replacements' for the three who bailed, and thus shorter-timers, but we still have the too-many-mistresses issue.

.

I think this deserves a re-write, with some of the issues fixed. More, the two separate stories should be separate postings as well. The seven pages are too long, and you probably lost some readers when they got to the bottom of page 1 and saw there were 6 more remaining.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 2 years ago

ManoBlue wrote, "When I forgive someone I want there to be no question that they earned it." Uhhh, that's not how forgiveness works. Especially when the story has the family being Catholic, the husband's pastor would never be urging him to require his wife to earn forgiveness.

.

That notion may not work for you, but forgiveness is not something earned; it is simply something freely given.

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

the Raac is a big stupidity.

so try a reconciliation instead.

For this, you need a few prerequisites and mandatory passages.

- adultery should not be too long, not too disrespectful, not too humiliating, not too well known, otherwise it will haunt the couple and also the children for many years.

how does a child grow up when the other children call his mother a bitch, a slut, a whore and/or the father, a cuckold, a wimp, a ballless.

- a separation or/and a divorce is also a mandatory phase.

- a reconstruction of a new life with new dates or women. He must be able to look for someone good or better than his ex.

- a reconciliation goes through a form of redemption among those who can find: abstinence from the cheater during the separation, spiritual and moral development, admitting one's faults and above all accepting full and total responsibility, new sexual practice, surveillance, offering passes , depression, wasting away, offering call girls to restore his confidence or to develop his skills and gift experience, to learn and suffer the wounds and pain that infidelity lost him.........

whoever did the wrong must find ways to fix, fix, compensate.

- a return to one's life should also go through phases of meetings then appointments to discover the new people they have become, then a phase of being friends with advantages without exclusivity, then finally the choice to become exclusive.

Everything should not be done in 6 months but over several years.

When you are betrayed by the person closest to you, you rethink your life, its meaning, its future.

And you only heal with time and space.

a simple one: we erase, we forgive, we start again is not realistic.

a will to reconciliation must be, on the cheater's part, the sole, total and final objective of the rest of his life.

Here, in my opinion, is the minimum, to make a good reconciliation appear.

A reconciliation must be a fight, a struggle, filled with hope and despair, failure and success, doubt and motivation, setbacks and advances.....

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Here we go again -- early on the story says that videos will be made public by divorce filings and "Ellen is suing the bank for not enforcing its non-fraternization policy and its morals clause." Divorce filings are sealed, and nothing can ever be made public, and there is no such thing as sung an employer for allowing adultery. These may be minor things, but the reader begins to wonder whether it is worth reading the rest of the story when the story is so divorced from reality.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

One other comment. Author has children ages 6 to 10 being subjected to the emotional trauma of hearing the conversations between their parent and hearing how their mother is a slut. Does author have any concept of what it is to be a parent?

dob092095dob092095almost 2 years ago

When I started reading the first part, the story was so over the top but it was almost funny. After four years of cheating, only a wimpy man could be so forgiving. Maybe I’m wrong in this but that’s my opinion how could any man possibly forgive that almost acting like he’s at fault. Maybe if she did it once or twice for for a month, but for four years – way over the top.

Second part, pretty much the same way. Difficult to read because I saw how it was probably going to go. They’re only two men that I could see being so forgiving, one is Jesus Christ, and the other is a dress wearing cuckold.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Didn't read it. The very premise is reprehensible to me. 4 years of lying and cheating is simply not forgivable under any circumstances.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a horrible attempt. You sure wasted a lot of ink bubba. BTW, cuck stories belong in fetish. 0*

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

Just another totally unbelievable RaaC.

Writing a reconciliation story is incredibly difficult. The story starts with the wife being unfaithful and deeply hurting her husband, then you need to progress to a place where he forgives her... AND the reader agrees that she's genuinely earned another chance. The severity of her marital transgressions also plays a big part in this and there's a huge difference between a drunken one-night stand, and a four-year affair!

-

There are a few big problems with reconciliations in general:

1) It will take years for someone to get over the pain of that betrayal (if ever), and the relationship will never be as good as it once was. How can you convincingly condense years of regret and contrition to atone for all that pain into a few short literotica pages? I'm increasingly convinced it's an impossible task.

2) a woman doesn't willingly cheat on her man unless she's lost respect for him. If that's the case, then the relationship was basically already dead. Also, by forgiving her, she'll have even less respect for the husband, making it even less likely she'll stay faithful in the future. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

3) What's the point in the husband going through all the effort and hard work of trying to forgive an unfaithful wife, when he can just dump her cheating ass and look for a replacement? She's already proven that's she's a worthless piece of shit... and you can't polish a turd.

4) Despite the statements I see in these reconciliation stories about it taking a strong man to forgive, actually the complete opposite is true. Men don't forgive a cheating wife because they're "strong", they do so because they have such low self-esteem, they're convinced they won't be able to find anyone better.

A strong man would never tolerate the disrespect. He'd dump the worthless whore, then start dating to find a hotter, younger, replacement. It's the simpler and most effective solution to long-term happiness in 99% of infidelity cases.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She begs for forgiveness but not once did she apologize.

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyalmost 2 years ago

despite what others think I thought it was a great story

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

The trouble with "believable" reconciliations begins with the offense itself. A relatively simple affair, such as in "Thirty Mile Drive" CAN be reconciled with, depending on the price the cheater is prepared to pay. Sometimes the infidelity is SO vile, so over the top, so as to make any reconciliation unbelievable. That's where many authors get in trouble with chapter stories. They post chapter one, with a vicious infidelity, before finishing the story, then by the time they finish the story find that they have written a reconciliation that doesn't jibe with the beginning.

\

"Ellen is suing the bank for not enforcing its non-fraternization policy and its morals clause." - I've come to GRUDGINGLY accept the "morals clause" crap as an author's universe choice. But how can the company be sued for not enforcing it if it can't be proven that they knew about it?

\

I'm often puzzled by the employment/alimony link. I've seen stories where the cheating wife quits her job to get more alimony, yet husbands are still on the hook for alimony based on their previous salary even if the quit their jobs.

\

Interesting that she thought that SHE had to spice up her "dull" marriage, while ignoring his efforts to do just that.

\

"So I promise you, here and now, that no matter what HONEST answer you give me, I will not get angry with you and I will never, ever hold it against you." - That's unrealistic, especially the "not get angry" part. He's bound to get angry at times.

\

Not buying his 10% at fault. If he was lacking in any way, she had an obligation to tell him, not use it as an excuse to cheat.

\

Leaving with nothing but their car and the clothes on their back is extreme, and a court would probably override it. Since a normal no fault is 50-50, maybe do a 75-25, with the cheater getting the 25.

\

@lujon2019. the intent wasn't to write a BTB, bt to write a story that most would think SHOULD be a BTB, but write it as a reconciliation instead.

\

I do agree with Anonymous that this was longer than it needed to be.

\

HE actually paid the price for the reconciliation by selling his precious bat collection.

\

I'll have to see what the second half brings, but this reconciliation works for me. Will read second version later.

NovemberComingFireNovemberComingFirealmost 2 years ago

A little far fetched but I suppose that was the point. Very well written. Doesn’t matter if I agree with the story or not.

“Forgiveness is an act of compassion. It isn’t given because it’s earned but because it’s needed”

You anonymous trolls say the same shit in every story. Maybe the “simp/wimp/cuck/loser/etc husband NEEDED to forgive and let go before they turned into one of you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cheating for four years? I am sorry but she did nothing to deserve or earn a “happy ending”. Nothing at all.

Well written and entertaining, but she is a despicable person.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 2 years ago

A completely voluntary four-year affair and the husband reacts like that? Not credible. It became more ludicrous with each paragraph.

><><><

With this and Ides of March 02, it’s safe to say that the thought processes of humanity on Planet LW are at a particularly low ebb right now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice raac. Good enough to piss off BTB incel crowd and that's a good thing on it's own

ApathyIncApathyIncalmost 2 years ago

5* for both. We are human and make mistakes. She was wrong and needed to be punished but throwing her away wasn't an answer. Her leaving was even worse because no one can hurt you like yourself. You know all your vulnerable spots. She paid her penance in the second one. Both were great! Thank you for the tales.

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

First part was ok. Second one made me cry. What can I say? I'm an old softie at heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not a credible reconciliation, this was a RAAC. This cheating was not a 1-time event in a drunken stupor. It was not a rape (physical or chemically-induced). It was not even during a period of long or angry separation. It was a months-long, planned deceit. A so-called "skilled seducer" (a complete bullshit term) can only seduce the willing, unless one believes that women are helpless, gullible children without their own agency.

So here's the question that cannot be answered: How (and also 'why') does the husband trust the wife going forward ? Wife did not voluntarily confess -- which would have indicated remorse. She was caught -- which does not redeem her character in any way. Having demonstrated her character is non-existent, there is no reason to trust.

I love a credible reconciliation -- when something other than lust and flattery influences a person to cheat, the confess before being caught, and one might believe it won't happen again. Not present here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Let me get this straight. You wrote a 7 page follow-up to an original story that was a half page in length?

Seriously?

6yrsofhell6yrsofhellalmost 2 years ago

Sorry I couldn't believe this take. I would have suggested instead of Pete dying from cancer, you might have tried Dave going through cancer treatment. Then she could throw herself into trying to help him. Then perhaps slowly worming her way back into his heart.

Lord_GroLord_Groalmost 2 years ago

The first half seems like a perfectly unexceptional reconciliation. (Yes, people, in the real world, couples often DO reconcile after infidelity, no matter how much that offends you.)

The second half seems terribly contrived. If I were evaluating it as a stand-alone story, I’d probably have given it 2*. It’s just not all that good.

Overalll, 3*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just a contrived mess. Couldn't find any kind of believable reconciliation in the midst of that rambling prose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She never asked about her kids?

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 2 years ago

Second end was better.

Reconciliation may be acceptable if sufficient time has elapsed along with genuine remorse and retribution

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry no man would take her back after 4 years of cheating and 100 fucks. Too bad I can't give negative numbers for this crap.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 2 years ago

You telegraphed the second half early on but it still had a charge at the end. I like happy endings but it still didn’t have everything you wanted to sell the reconciliation. Mainly because a reconciliation has to be earned—and her suffering away is a way to earn this. Pain is currency and her self-mortification and penance are a form of “earning” to make up for her behavior. Your work is Catholic—and that leads me to the second part of the reconciliation that was not really explored; the learning. The therapy is good, but the whole point of marriage is the joining of two, so doing the work alone is not enough. And promising to do that work after the honeymoon? Now is that a recipe for disaster….?

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

I apologize to all the previous people who read both parts of this story and added negative comments. But I personally enjoyed this story and gave it 5 stars. Perhaps my rating is fueled by my own guilty conscience, perhaps not. I have done wrong in the past and I can understand how Melisa had erred in her ways. Yet I can also understand how everyone was able to forgive her. I have also forgiven other people for their mistakes. By the way can someone tell me what "RAAC" means?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Both endings were preposterous. That was really awful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hmmm.... There seems to be a rare consensus amongst the commenters so far. Rationally speaking, one has to grant that there is validity in their analyses, as there is no penalty for her transgressions applied in the first version other than public shaming in front of her family; and only minimal physical hardship (having to start over from scratch economically, find a job, etc.) and the concurrent psychological/emotional trauma of living with her own cheating and the SELF-INFLICTED loss of her loved ones and friends.

But let me introduce at least one thought from a "Devil's Advocate" position: If we are to take the author's STATED INTENTION in his introductory comments that in creating these two scenarios he hoped to write a viable RAAC tale rather than a full-blown or even partial BTB--then in fact he did so competently. Had he not...why would there be so much outrage from the pyromaniacs at the cheating bitch getting off without being burned?

Does the firestarter group believe that there is NEVER true recognition by adulterers that they have fucked up and devastated those they loved? Or that there is NEVER true forgiveness in the world? If so then why do we even preach forgiveness from the pulpit, and WHY do pyromaniacs even read RAAC stories, as doing so is automatically a waste of time.

Also: The wronged husband in the first scenario DID set up stringent BTB penalties should the wife stray a second time; and in the second scenario the very PUBLIC spectacle of the husband's forgiveness would create a CRUSHING conviction of her total worthlessness (not only in the wife should she stray a second time but also in EVERY person that she loved and held dear--kids, parents, siblings, closest friends, spiritual mentors) such that she might as well kill herself because she would have no reason to live.

For both the quality of the plot development (twice) and for presenting a "viable scenario" needed for a RAAC I say Kudos and good work. More please. 5 out of 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sorry but you failed big time. This attempt was worse than the first. In this version she fucked around for 4 years then she abandoned her family for 4 more years and never did a single thing to earn a reconciliation. I guess we shouldn’t expect much from an author that thinks priests are qualified to give marital advice. One star because I can’t give less.

ThorlolThorlolalmost 2 years ago

"I have discovered a soft spot for reconciliations - but they have to be believable (fully understanding that 'believable' is a relative term, and given the wide audience here, settling for 51% is probably challenge enough.)." That line encouraged me to read your story because I also have a soft spot for reconciliation stories. But they have to be believable. Now I regret reading the whole thing. I dont think even 10% of the viewers will believe that something like this could have happend. I'll try to be constructive about where I think the stories went wrong. Story 1: The blame shifting already started very early in this one. You tried to sell us that it was mostly Matts fault that she cheated. In my opinion utter bullshit, its not like it was a one time event where Matt took advantage of her while she was drunk. No it was a 4 year long affair, she knew what she was doing, she loved the thrill of cheating and reveled in having that secret and even enjoyed the sex after those two things faded. You cant blame the guy and tell us she didnt know what she did and was seduced. Not in a 100 years. The most cringy part was option 3. 'We will never talk about it and move on like it never happend.' What the hell...? How is that believable? But the greatest fault was that Melissa didnt need to do anything other than to never cheat again. I can see why your test audience didnt like this one. Story 2: The start was already weird. 4 years after she ran away she still lived in poverty? Why didnt she go to work in her chosen field? If she was scared that she could have been found this way than why did she work for a casino? Its not like they dont need to legally hire her. So I really dont know why she didnt work for another financial institution, she already had the needed education for it. Then there was the reconciliation, it was almost as bad as the other one. She just appeared after 4 years to her own wedding. Nothing happend there to resemble a reconciliation. How could Dave even still love her? Their marriage was already shaky in the intimacy part of it. They had maybe once a month sex for a few years and the last several month before she disappeared no sex at all. There was not even any affection like kisses or hugs or whatever. How could anyone claim they were at this time still deeply in love? And then after he knew that she cheated on him for 4 years and then disappeared, he still held a candle for her for 4 more years? I dont know about that.... To sum it up: Both stories were very unbelievable in my opinion.

rnebularrnebularalmost 2 years ago

I think Dave was a bot to easily forgiving, but aside from that I enjoyed that you explored this from 2 angles. I think she really didn't get much in the way of punishment in the first version, so his instant forgiveness wasn't super believable. Anyone that thinks spending four years away from her family wasn't punishment, is a heartless person. Sadly yhough, she punished her whole family as well, so she still shouldn't have been given the easy forgiveness. Thanks for sharing and good luck on the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You obviously put some thought and time into this saga. It's too long. It isn't very plausible (what man would forgive and forget an affair that long?). And given her actions and her mindset, why not go route #2 and STILL go to Vegas. Except she'd have her half of their assets, some contact with her family and the complete freedom to go anywhere, do anything and start over again. That's the route to choose. Not some convoluted re-marriage.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Slogged along for a while and then I just started skimming. While you do seem to write well this was just way too long and monotonous. I could never relate or like any of the characters. You may have been better off breaking this into two separate stories. Though I doubt I would have still enjoyed either one.

While forgiveness may be a wonderful thing living with a wife you can't trust isn't much of a life in my opinion. You can spew all the psychological babbling you want to justify this RAAC but she had a 4 YEAR affair and there was no signs of it stopping until she got caught. And it really didn't seem to bother her until she found out she was just one piece of ass out of eight others and the asshole showed his true colors. As far as the thought of are you better off with or without her what makes you think she's going to change one bit?? Are you OK with her hooking up with the next smooth talker that comes along?? Are you ready to endure another 4 year affair?? Or are you willing to constantly watch and be checking up on her the rest of your life?? Life's short and that's not the way I want to spend mine.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

The first scenario was completely implausible. The second scenario was better, given her 4 year chastity, but a 4 YEAR affair is never going to be forgivable.... together again, maybe, but not re-married at first sight.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 2 years ago

I will add to the chorus. This is not a justifiable reconciliation. It went on too long. The wife was not contrite enough and really didn't give anything up.

BoxerR100BoxerR100almost 2 years ago

I liked it. We done!!!.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Screw the others. I think it was an entertaining read. I don't care about the seriousness of the matter. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Keep on trucking and with more happy endings,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm not sure her self-imposed exile in Vegas for four years makes her a better candidate for reconciliation with Dave. No matter how miserable she made herself, it just made her increasingly distant from him. I don't see how it brings them together.

Obviously a lot of work went into it. Good effort. Just not sure I can buy either premise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A leopard cannot change its spots, just as a human cannot change his mind only to hide it from his surroundings.

ReddladyReddladyalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed both versions, however version two demanded more penance. It is also much more of a true fairytale.....but isn't that what a RAAC is all about? Good tale.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 2 years ago

I quite enjoyed part 1, even though the relative positions of man and wife were pretty extreme. As I approached the end of page 3, I was wondering how it could possibly sustain another 4 pages. All became clear: a rewrite!!

No thank you, I'd had enough. The mere threat was enough to mark the whole opus down.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Comments on second version -

\

"No one will hear anything you tell me from my lips. Promise." - Not from her lips, but from the speaker phone! I wasn't positive, but I also thought that when she put the phone face down that someone was listening. I admit that in neither case did I think it was Dave listening in.

\

I guessed that the marriage was going to be hers.

\

Dave SHOULD have been marrying Annie!

\

I liked the first version better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

screwing around outside of marriage for 4 years then abandoning the family for 4 years - why would anyone? don't even reach the heights of unbelievable!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

+1000 to Franceman comment.

He explains all the phase there need to be in a good reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for a good read. Second story was better.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 2 years ago

Melissa was a terrible wife to be sure, although there is no suggestion that she was a similarly uncaring mother. Well, obviously she shattered the family and hurt their father but you know what I mean. Yes, the second story had more signs of regret, I just struggle with the plausibility of her abandoning all contact with her kids for four years.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97almost 2 years ago

I may be in the minority but the idea that a wayward wife can be the victim of a master seducer is patently repugnant to me. Letting a cheater off the hook because they were seduced by a serial cheater than makes it their life's work to get married women to cheat in even the smallest measure completely takes away their individual agency in the affair. They chose every action they took getting to the actual affair. They were never blindsided by a sudden overwhelming desire to have sex with this guy because he had been nice to them for a week or a month or however long it took to get in their pants. They don't get any points for it taking 8 months of flirting and compliments and small gifts and whatnot while they built up a connection to someone that wasn't their husband instead of just a few weeks or just a couple of months. I actually hate that is even a concept that comes up in these stories of infidelity. Reality is that they liked the flirting and enjoyed the attention and wanted to take the affair physical at some point. All the choices were willful and the affair begins intentionally. Given these facts it makes reconciliation stories that don't depict this as flights of fancy. Reading these RAAC stories virtually always fall flat because there is no reason to take back a cheater that engages in an intentional affair for any length of time. When infidelity is depicted in some fashion close to what it actually is it makes it virtually impossible to believe that a reconciliation is possible. I can get on board with a RAAC story for a single transgression or a drunken one night stand but anything more than that and it just doesn't make sense to me or feel in any way authentic. Any person deserving of a reconciliation attempt wouldn't have chosen to cheat in the first place.

As for the second half of this story it was completely over the top and felt like a fairy tale more than a redemption. Sure she suffered but she did absolutely nothing to deserve a second chance and I would even argue that her running away was the last nail in the coffin towards any kind of reconciliation and it would be far more likely to not happen because she chose that way to deal with her betrayal. Neither of these versions had anything that felt like authenticity. I have no idea how any guy could make a choice to forgive his wife for a four year affair. Four years of distance, and waning sexual connection and just a disconnect feels like far too much to overcome trying to put a marriage back together again. That kind of shit doesn't happen in one day regardless so these stories which kind of have to have that baked into them to have any kind of punch at all emotionally always feel like a fairy tale instead of realistic depiction of cheating and recovery.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

The second version was excellent. The first version was decent but had some plot gaps that kept me from buying into its premise. The second one still had some plot point that made me say “huh?”, but the powerful emotion of Melissa’s penance and resurgence over powered the gaps. The BTB crowd will still hate you, but great job. LOL! 5*

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
A waste of a read (1 Star)

You should have made 2 stories out of it. Then you have 2 good stories worth at least 3 stars.

Of course it is just my opinion. But by giving the same RACC twice, just made the whole thing a waste of time reading. That is why I hated it. You are a good writing and I am wondering why you choose to merge them into one.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dumbass took her back. Hope she fucks him over again just for being stupid.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 2 years ago

Literotica is loaded with authors and would-be authors who love to take someone else's plots and rework them and "improve" them. Here we have an author who manages to come up with two alternate plots which more or less satisfies this highly critical and often insatiable audience of anonymous commenters. I do believe that most improprieties committed by people in the marital world are worthy of second chance opportunities, although there is a strong contingent of insatiable "anons" who would cheerfully boil all transgressors in oil if they could. Here we have not one, but two, reconciliation plots which work. Both fanciful and unlikely, but palatable. I give the composite a 4* for diligence and modest creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked 2nd verison better than 1st. Very GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodynealmost 2 years ago

The second version was much much better. Good writing. I enjoyed it. This story, was not a RAAC (reconciliation at all cost) but was rather a reconciliation at reasonable cost. I think we could use some new acronyms: RACS (reconciliation against common sense) and RARC (reconciliation after rational consideration).

A suggestion for all writers of RARC. There needs to be remorse, apology, ownership of the failure, and recognition of the harm. However, there needs to be another ingredient, which is often missing in stories of reconciliation: an offer of atonement. This is not the same as punishment. The perpetrator should offer something to the victim that involves a (possibly small, possibly big) sacrifice. It could be an offer of an asymmetric post-nuptial, a hall-pass, previously denied sex acts, an offer to be spanked, being a love slave for one weekend per month. The victim does not have to accept the atonement. Don't just have the perp say, "I'll do anything." That puts the burden back on the victim. Make it a specific gesture of atonement.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

The problem is that they're both reconciliation stories. But what she did was not forgivable. D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There should have been an Option 4 - “We will discuss the future when Ellen and I return from our South Pacific cruise”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please keep writing. There are some real nuggets here that with a bit of polish could make this story top shelf. The negative comments have NO idea what it takes to write a story. I gave you 5

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

For starters it was way too long. Believe it or not longer rarely makes better stories here. THere are a few than pull it off but they are truly the exception.

I have little issue with a RAAC IF, and only IF, its plausible. This was NOT one of those. He wanted to rugsweep, and that only leads to worse things down the road, factually speaking, she might as well keep cheating. Minimizing what she did, rugsweeping again, most marriages do NOT get through that, down the road its generally a disaster.

A couple times a month for 4 years? Sorry but theres an emotional attachment to some degree with her preferred sexual partner. And, for what its worth, marriage rarely survive long term affairs. Not just because of the sex, also the emotional aspect of it.

In the end you made him just this side of a cuck with this RAAC. It was preposterous, and about as far from any type of reality as a MAGA fan and an invite to MENSA.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you want to write stories that aren't bad, amateur fiction, one hint is NEVER use anything like this: "We husbands - talked - in the counselor's office. Based on his record, Matt is a very skilled manipulator." The "seducer/manipulator" trope is a tired device for relieving the Little Ladies of moral responsibility. If women are so feeble-minded and immature that they shouldn't be let out in public without a duena (don't know how to get the mark over the "n"), then they shouldn't vote, have jobs, or be allowed to make any important decision for themselves.

Then there is the question of plausibility. How could anyone suspend belief on a plot-line that culminates in a slut who had a 4 year fuckathon and then abandoned her family for 4 years returning one bright shining day and , to her surprise and without the slightest contact with her ex-husband, is taken to a church where she walks down the aisle for him to remarry her? Not even the Hallmark Channel would present such a cheesy, implausible plot.

On the first iteration, 4 fucking years, and she is told she has been very naughty but gets a dream vacation and a do over? WTF.

To write a plausible reconciliation the cheater can't have done something too extreme. The "February" story is one example of the type of thing no wife would ever do and stay married, unless you write your husband as a closet cuck. There are more examples of that sort of thing, as I'm sure you know. Other examples of "extreme" are the long term and/or serial adultery cases and cases whether wife gets emotionally involved with her lover. Assuming you don't have an extreme case, the required story element for a possible reconciliation is genuine repentance. This is not saying "I'm sorry", "I'll do anything to make it up to you", "I love only you." Rather, "repentance" means demonstrating that she has truly demonstrated that she has "turned away"( etymology) from her sin. To do that in a convincing way requires some extended writing involving the wife showing that she has been humbled, morally changed, and can, because of the foregoing, be trusted. A few authors hee have pulled it off, but more write simple minded, offensive RAACs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wayyyyyy tooooooo longggggg!!!!!!!!!

111

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Heart Warming year jerker. 5 stars to writer

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

Well the first one was so gay I almost couldn't finish it.

Onto the second.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 2 years ago

The second variation is just not good. Come to the wedding and be married. Nope

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

I really like the concept of turning a BTB into a reconciliation.

Unfortunately I feel like both versions here fail.

It may just be that picking a story where the wife has been cheating for 4 years is too tall of a hill to climb.

As unrealistic as the first version was the second is worse. We're supposed to believe that after cheating for 4 years and then abandoning her family for another 4 years that Dave is ready to remarry her 2 1/2 weeks after she gets in touch with her sister?

I just can't find it in myself to suspend disbelief that much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Woman do not value easy forgiveness. In fact they despise the weak man who gives it, and it only increases their desire to cheat on him. They want to feel like the guy they are with is special, strong, confident and a privilege to be seen with. If you don't understand this concept, you cannot write a "REALISTIC RAAC." You are just writing another unrealistic romance where "true love" heals all wounds and pays all the bills. The cheater sees the husband crying in the rain and it breaks her heart and she immediately changes all her values, thinking, and becomes a saint.

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

A very well written if somewhat unbelievable tale. I think you did a very good job of building the story and the characters. I am not a fan of reconciliation but this one did grab at your emotions and that is what a good writer does even if you don’t agree with them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
You Should Have Let Him Marry Her Sister Annie. That Would Have Made Sense.

We knew from the story how Melissa had suffered and regretted her adultery, but none of the characters in the story knew that. What the characters in the story knew was that Melissa had lied, cheated, deceived, and had pretty much abandoned her husband and committed herself to 4 years of adultery, which might have been 5, or 10, if she hadn't got caught. And when she did get caught she did the logical thing for a selfish self centered entitled child: she ran away and hid from the betrayal and debauchery she committed, for another four years. So having all her family embrace and trust and welcome her back was ridiculous. Well, except for Dave. Of course the cuck took her back, he's the one who enabled her whoring from the start: He Was SO fucking NICE. And boring. And kind. We have to remember that "Kindness Is Everything." Fuck justice and truth and reality. They rely on you kindness, so they can fuck you over. There are LOTS of Melissa's out there.

Even in the first version Melissa was still a liar and a cheat. How many times did she surrender to having to tell the truth, only because her words were being evaluated. And it didn't help the immediate reconciliation fantasy that she wrote down TEN sexual methods that she tried with her asshole lover, but never with her husband, 50% of which she wanted to keep doing, with whoever she ended up fucking, Dave, or whoever. You made the husband less than a cuck. He's so fucking weak and self denigrating that maybe Melissa just wanted to enjoy fucking a Man once in a while?

So maybe Dave is dumb enough to believe its not his wife's fault she ended up living a double life with another man. But I doubt anyone else in the family is that stupid. Melissa fucked her way out of her marriage, fucked her way to Las Vegas, fucked her way to a job and an apartment, and having tired of that, is now given the opportunity to fuck her way back into Dave's family. Good for Melissa. I hope Dave gets everything he deserves from her. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

hell no! pure bullshit!

TajfaTajfaalmost 2 years ago

The first one was nonsense. The second one was better but still almost unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He had to come up with $25,000 for the cruise. She split the cost of Room 22 for four years. Did Bethany have to repay that $20,000 to her husband?

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐ 👎 This story was well-written. The grammar and spelling are better than most on this site. But, in the end, this is long-winded drek!

In both versions, a four year affair doesn't get reconciliation. This never happened, all is forgiven. BULLSHIT!!! Priests and counselors can go to hell.

In the v1: leave the kids home, no choices, drive the whore to the truck stop and sell her skank ass to every and any trucker available. Then, sell her outright! Bye bye bitch. Hope you make the news!

V2 is just ridiculous. Four year affair, took off for five. Everyone welcomed the cheating slut with open arms? B U L L S H I T!!! Children that old would hate her, without help. And the husband would have to be the most spineless wimp ever.

In general, ANY SPOUSE that takes back a cheater deserves it WHEN (not if) they are cheated on again.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

In addition to my previous comment, let me add: the serial cheater, so skilled at manipulation? Bullshit, psycho babble, and a convenient excuse. ANY ADULT KNOWS when they don't want their mate to see what they're doing, they're fucking up. And four years isn't skillful seduction, it's a 2nd life. This story sucked, blew, and wiped; all at the same time.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 2 years ago

maybe try writing a RAAC to a BTB instead

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is nothing but pure garbage. The second version was even worse than the first. Please stop writing and do something you are good at.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, I'm still trying to decide why the first part was even written. I can't see any man agreeing to reconcile with a wife who cheated over four years within days of discovery of the affair. Now the second part seemed a bit more realistic and was well written but it still was like most of the "reconciliation" stories on this site - forgiveness was given by the spouse, not earned by the cheater. Sure she was in Vegas trying to make a living and regain her dignity praying that her family was OK. Now jump to her arrival home and her 're-marriage' to her husband is underway. Maybe this story fits better in a fantasy category.

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

WOW! a very clear and strong 5 from me, and the heck with all these sniveling cowardly commenters who hated it. Yes, I read all the comments up to this time, and feel I must apologize for them. 'Well, the story didn't turn out the way I thought it should, so I'll give it a 1'..... what nimrods. This is fiction, folks, and came out of the writer's fertile imagination. The plot twists at the end were some of the most dramatic I've ever seen, and told really well. The second version is much better than the first, and I'm glad I got to read it. Thanks.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

I really liked this story.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

You set yourself a difficult task here. Papatoad's tightly-focussed original sets the scene very well and lets us (me, at least) follow Marsha's realisation that she's been caught. She doesn't seem to expect any mercy or to have any hope.

Offering these two possibilities, both leading (as you set out to do) to reconciliation seem a bit contrived. However, given the original, you will always have to do that and I am not going to criticise you for trying! I like the idea of the three options and the way that they work out. Her family and friends are definitely trying to rescue her from herself and to show their love and support for her. That is pretty much what you have to write if you are looking for reconciliation so, again, it is not a criticism. I do think that arriving back at the re-wedding in the second tale does push credibility. I think the wedding is needed (again, to meet your required reconciliation) but I think that getting re-connected with family etc. would have taken longer.

You set yourself a demanding task here and you tackle it well. Thank you, I wouldn’t have been brave enough to even try.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Pathetic story, unrealistic outcome, the husband is just begging to be cucked again. The sad moronic fantasy of a closet cucky boy..

And @ Frank66, eat the corn out of my shit.. We have the same right to give honest critique if we want to. Fuck off and go back to your sisters closet and play dress up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story or stories. The husband's quick forgiveness seemed a little bit too easy but ok. The real problem started with the length of the affair. Four years of meeting a couple of times a month for sex wasn't believable. Yes, the relationship would have evolved or ended in four years time. If the affair had been ongoing for say six months then the reconciliation would had been much easier to believe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

OK, so I generally like QM’s stories…and look forward to reading them. This offering, for me, is a mixed bag. V1 was a slog for me to get through. It felt stiff and emotionless…like reading a legal brief. Clearly QM was working on a concept, but needing human lie detectors and anticipating every little possibility was a bit much. V2, OTOH, led me to feel a range of emotions. It isn’t the best work that QM has produced, but it was a good read. I actually feel bad for readers who have such impoverished imaginations that they dislike stories that don’t end the way they like them to end. The world is a big place, folks, and it’s actually fun to let an author build a world in which you wouldn’t necessarily want to live.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 2 years ago

5 stars because it makes me want to comment.

I do not understand why he would want her back? It isn't so much her cheating, it was the utter lack of intimacy between the two those last 4 months. She actually just isn't a very sexy or even physically loving person. Two times a month with someone she doesn't love was sufficient for her along with zero times a month with the husband she supposedly does love. He could do a LOT better with just a friend with benefits.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatalmost 2 years ago

Jesus … do you have no concept of self respect? 1/5

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatalmost 2 years ago

Jesus … do you have no concept of self respect? 1/5

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...

SIMILAR Stories