Morning is Not Far Off

Story Info
A sleeping lover and an aching need in the quiet moonlight.
753 words
4.3
7.6k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A cool breeze along my chest teases me awake. The thin sheet we'd covered ourselves with in the evening heat lies crumpled at our feet. Crisp lines of moonlight from the open window shine across your sleeping body, highlighting every detail in pale relief. You're on your stomach, face turned away from me, hair spilling over your shoulder, your right leg drawn up slightly. I listen to your soft, steady breathing as my eyes drift along your naked curves. Desire wars with compassion as I fight off the urge to wake you. Another chilly gust washes over us and you shiver slightly. Slowly, carefully I reach out and lower my open palm over your back until I can feel the heat of my hand reflected from your skin. With utmost care I begin drifting - perilously close and in achingly slowly - down the small of your back, over the swell of your ass, and across your thigh.

I listen carefully but your breathing hasn't changed. Gently I ease closer to you, inch by inch, until our bodies are almost touching. I lean my head down, bringing my mouth close to your neck. Your hair smells faintly of tea tree and honey and I breathe you in deeply. With the barest tickle I feel my lips touch the invisible hairs on the back of your neck. My body hums like a violin string, fully awake and fully aware of your femaleness and your nearness. My instincts clamour at me to feel of your soft skin under my hands, to press your yielding body against mine, to mingle our hot breath in a kiss, and my mind swims with lust. With tremendous effort I maintain my scant distance and close my eyes, focusing on the sensation of my lips so close to your skin.

Carefully, with a ghostly near-touch, I move my mouth down your neck and across your shoulder. I feel a shift in the bed and pull back just as you sigh and roll towards me. Your body, relaxed and unaware, twists like a sleeping cat until you're on your back, one arm up over your head and your other stretched out, your legs together and slightly bent. I wait, frozen, until you settle and your breathing resumes the soft, steady rhythm of deep sleep. Looking down in the moonlight from this new vantage my eyes fill with you. Your smooth legs, the swell of your hips, the gentle rise and fall of your stomach as you breathe, the soft mounds of your breasts, the delicate lines of your neck, the peaceful beauty of your face, and the splash of your hair across the pillow.

Tentatively, alert for any sign that you're close to waking, I reach out to you again. My hand starts at your thigh this time, hovering only a hairs breadth from touching you. I move slowly, watching intently as I go, up your thigh towards your waist. Feeling a soft brush as I move past your pubic hair I lose my concentration for a moment and my fingertips graze the hollow of your hip. Instant goosebumps rise across your skin and your breath catches for a moment. I pause, stretching my senses to you, but detect no further signs of restlessness. My pulse is thunder in my ears and I struggle for control, the thin space between us feels electric.

Another breeze comes through the window and my body gives an involuntary shiver. I notice your nipples are stiff in the cool air and I lean my head towards your nearest breast. Cautiously I lower my open mouth as close as I dare, letting my warm breath flow softly over the taught, dark tip. The urge to suck it into my mouth is almost overpowering but I hold myself steady. Our bodies are so close I'm sure you'd be able to feel the excited heat radiating from my skin if you were awake. Daring to risk it I give your nipple a light, fleeting lick before pulling my head back again. I can almost imagine that you're breathing faster than you were before, but your eyes are closed and your body looks so relaxed that I'm certain you're still asleep.

I can take this no further. If I don't pull back I won't be able to resist touching you, waking you, having you. I reach down and gingerly pull the sheet back up, covering us both. My body is thrumming with need, but morning is not far off.