Mortal Emotion Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm glad you're here, Anna. Harold tried to bring a casserole but dropped it, so I was hoping you could help him make a new one in the kitchen."

"Oh, not a problem!" Anna pulled away from the hug with a smile and gestured to Eli. "Faith, this is my neighbour, Eli. Eli, this is my best friend, Faith."

Faith walked forward with a hand extended, which Eli nervously shook. "Nice to meet you, Eli. I'm terribly sorry to ask this of you, but I have a cooler of drinks in the back of my truck and I was wondering if you could help me take it inside, it's awfully heavy."

Eli wanted to say no. Something in his chest almost seemed to pull away from Faith, like this girl was a danger that only registered deep in his gut. However, she seemed friendly enough. She looked at him weird right as they saw each other, but that might have been because she caught him and Anna kissing. That strange glow on her face tipped everything in the other direction, however. Something wasn't right about her. He needed to stay away from her.

Eli glanced at Anna, who gave a friendly smile and began walking towards the front door of the church. If her friend was a psychopath, she wouldn't lead him into a trap, right?

"Sure."

Faith smiled and started walking over to a grey pickup truck on the other side of the parking lot, closer to one of the side doors. It was a slightly older model, smaller and less flashy than the big Fords Eli saw all the time. Eli cautiously followed as Anna disappeared out of sight.

"Thank you very much, Eli. I would have asked Anna to help me, but a casserole crisis supersedes all."

They reached the truck and Faith turned around, but not to look at Eli. Instead, her gaze very quickly scanned over the parking lot as if to ensure that they were alone. Immediately, she stepped towards Eli, the smile on her face shattering into a grimace. The light also seemed to intensify, like someone had brought whatever invisible lamp closer to her skin.

"Leave."

"I'm sorry?" Eli cocked an eyebrow, the feeling of fear in his chest turning primal.

Faith roughly grabbed Eli by the collar of his shirt and pivoted in place, slamming him against the side of the truck. She moved so quickly that Eli didn't have a single moment to react before his back was pressed against the passenger side door. Even if he could react in time, judging by the overwhelming force that Faith was pressing onto his chest, he doubted that he could have prevented it. She was impossibly strong, which only led to realisation beginning to form in Eli's mind.

"You carry the filth of lesser beings, step onto sacred ground, and taint the acolytes of faith with darkness. Leave or nobody will find you."

Eli took a desperate look around, hoping that someone could help. However, his eyes caught a glimpse beside him, to the side mirror of the car. In it, he could see himself, pressed against the car. The figure holding him there was not the Faith he saw in front of him, however.

It was still feminine and wore the same dress, but her skin was stark white with long, long silver hair that flowed through the air as if she were underwater. Wrapped around her head, like the background of a portrait, was a ring of bright, golden light that illuminated her face and shined off of her silver irises.

As Faith spoke, so too did the angel in the mirror.

"If you ever step foot on sacred soil or talk to Anna again, I will ensure that you burn in agony, Hellwoken."

12