Mother in Law Finds the Courage Ch. 03

Story Info
Gemma finally opens up about why she is so lonely.
7.8k words
4.75
28.1k
46

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 12/22/2023
Created 02/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Welcome back everyone,

It's taken me a little longer than planned, but I finally got there.

This chapter covers a lot of emotions, which I found very difficult, putting into words, which is the main reason for the delay. I only hope, I have done the events justice, and it comes across well.

Again, I would like to give a BIG thankyou to the editor, Kenji Sato, for his help, and time in proof reading, and correcting this work.

As before, I would love to hear your feedback.

I hope you enjoy part three, thanks again everyone.

__________

The journey home took about twenty minutes, it was a quiet ride home, neither of us spoke.

It was nine o'clock when I pulled onto the drive, Gemma had nodded off on the way, given what she had just been through, I'm not surprised she was exhausted.

I gave her a gentle nudge, "Mom, we're home." She had a big stretch and climbed out. I grabbed her case from the back and we headed inside.

"Right, let's get you comfortable, mom; which bedroom do you want?"

I have a big house with three guest bedrooms, the perks of being your own boss, I guess.

"Please, can I stay in the room facing the pool, I like that view," she said.

I tried to make Gemma feel at ease, "Mom, you can stay wherever you want. I want you to treat this house as your own; you're not a guest in this house, you're family, so you can do anything you feel like doing."

Gemma smiled, "Thanks, Andy, god knows what Lisa will think when she gets home, I've ruined everything, why didn't I just keep my mouth shut," she said, putting herself down.

Something was definitely wrong, I'd never seen my mother-in-law like this. I needed to get Gemma to open up to me.

We walked to the bedroom and set it up with some fresh bedding. We both worked together, tucking in the sheets and buffing the pillows.

"Oh, my suitcase is still in the hallway," Gemma remembered.

"Not to worry, I'll bring it up for you later. Shall I put the kettle on?" I suggested.

"Sounds good," Gemma smiled.

I made two cups of coffee and we both sat down on the couch. The atmosphere was a little strained; I was wondering who was going to be the first one to talk.

I had never seen my mother-in-law get upset, nor have any sort of argument, and Gemma had never seen me get so angry; we both had some explaining to do.

Gemma shifted herself onto the couch to face me, "Andy, can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, what's up?" I asked.

"Please, will you tell me what you said, or did to Keith, when I ran out the house."

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"Not that he doesn't deserve it, I just want to know that he is not laid in a pool of blood, or something," Gemma asked.

I laughed out loud, "I'm not a hitman, Gemma, I didn't do him over. I tell you what, if I answer your question, will you please answer one for me?"

This was me trying to get her to open up; I didn't want to push her, so I needed to take my time.

"I guess so," she said.

"Deal." I turned on the couch to face Gemma. "Right, I might have been angry when you left the room, but I kept my cool. I told Keith that you are an awesome person, you would do anything for your family, and that I was proud to call you my mom. Also, I told the idiot, that if he opened his eyes, he would see what an awesome wife you are."

Gemma gave me a half smile, "You're proud to call me mom? That's one of the nicest things I've been told in a long time, Andy. Thank you. But, I fear I don't deserve it."

I looked confused. Why is she putting herself down again? What was wrong? It was starting to bug me now. I took Gemma's hands in mine, and got a little serious, "Gemma, when I was just starting out in business, a wise man once gave me some advice which has never left me; I'm going to give this to you.

"Never do anything in anger, you make rash decisions, without thinking of the consequences and it can get you into a lot of trouble. This counts for when you're sad, upset, basically any negative emotion. You need to take a step back, evaluate the situation, and plan. If it's revenge you want, or you want to make someone pay, then it's all in the preparation. You can't let them see you coming, or know it was you."

Gemma looked shocked, "That's a little dark, Andy. Who was this wise man?"

"It's better off you don't know, Gemma," I said.

"I think so, too," Gemma laughed, "I think I get what you mean, Andy, god knows I've had my fair share of anger today. Okay now, I guess I have to answer your question."

With the advice fresh in her head, I went for it. "Yep, that was the deal." I coughed to clear my throat, and said, "What happened ten years ago, Gemma?"

Her face froze, "What do you mean?"

I elaborated, "Yesterday, you said that Keith has not touched you in ten years, you don't just stop all contact for no reason, something must have happened, Gemma. I know this might be difficult, and I don't want to pressure you. I love you, and I want to help. But you need to open up; to solve a problem, you first have to find the courage to admit to yourself that there is one."

She sat silent for an age, I could see was conflicted by the look on her face. I didn't want to push her, so I waited patiently.

Finally she spoke, "Will you promise not to repeat what I'm about to say, I'm only going to tell you this, because of what's happened over the last two days. You deserve to know the full truth."

"Of course, I would never betray your trust," I reassured her.

She added, "If after, you want me to leave, I will without question, but you must never tell a soul, promise me."

Taking in a deep breath she continued, "Okay, here we go. God, look at my hands they're shaking. Right, where do I start..."

Gemma was struggling to tell me, rubbing her legs nervously. "I've got this... take a deep breath," she said to herself.

I was beginning to worry, why was she struggling so much, her voice was shaking.

"Andy, I have never spoken about what I'm going to tell you, to anyone; so you will have to bear with me, I might get upset."

I was on the edge of my seat. What was she going to tell me?

"It all started, Andy, when...

__________

Keith got his first big promotion at work. All of his hard work was paying off, I was so proud of him. Up until that point, we were perfect together, all over each other.

That was in October, ten years ago. To celebrate, he wanted to take me to his work's Christmas party. I was over the moon, because of his lower position before, employees couldn't take their partners, it was only management who were allowed.

He wanted to finally show off his hot wife, and make the rest of the management jealous. I felt all giddy when he said that.

He took me shopping, let me spend anything I wanted. He said that it was not just him that got the position, it was both of us, because we both had sacrificed so much to get him there.

I was brimming from ear to ear, that meant so much to me. I knew he loved me with all his heart. I tried on so many dresses and jewellery; he even snuck into one of the shop's dressing rooms when I was changing, he could be naughty when he wanted to be. I looked like a million dollars in the dress I finally bought.

It was the beginning of November, when I started to notice a change. He was coming home from work later and later. Me, being the concerned wife, I told him not to let them work him so hard. He would snap at me, saying that he took the position; of course, he had to work hard.

When he came to bed, I tried to be sexy for him, to make him feel better, but he would just push me away with the usual excuses--I'm tired, not tonight, I'm up early in the morning. He had gone from worshipping my body, to not wanting to touch me at all. I told myself, it's just a phase, until he gets comfortable with his new job. So I accepted it, and continued to be the perfect wife.

I cooked his meals, half of which would end up in the bin because of how late he came home. The house was always spotless, washing, looking after the kids. I was still teaching, so it was hard work. He never thanked me, he stopped giving me compliments. Still, I carried on, not wanting to disappoint him.

It came to the day of the Christmas party, at least I had that to look forward to. I remember him saying how he wanted to show off his hot wife, so I planned to be the hottest one there, and make him proud of me. A company car picked us up with our very own driver. I always remember the driver's name, Dave. When he got out of the car, to open the door for me, his jaw hit the ground. I giggled.

Sitting in the car, on the way to the party, Keith had his head stuck in his phone doing work. I told him to put it away for just one night. He ignored me and continued. I wasn't going to let it spoil my night, though; it had been ages since I had been out, so this was a nice treat for me as well.

We drove down this long country lane, then round the last corner, this spectacular converted castle came into view. It was beautiful. I'm going to be my very own princess, I had thought to myself. I was all excited. Dave opened the door for me, and wished me a good evening.

We walked inside, there were loads of people, all dressed to the nines, it was a very elegant affair. I followed Keith to the bar; everyone was looking at me with wide eyes. I'll be honest, I loved it. All of the men couldn't take their eyes off me. If I had not been wearing makeup, you would have seen me blushing. It was like I was the centre of attention, as I walked across the main hall.

Keith handed me a champagne and we mingled with his other workers. I was a good wife, I kept quiet whilst he talked to his colleagues. The other wives at the party were throwing daggers at me. I didn't care, I wanted to make my husband proud.

Whilst Keith was talking to his boss, he suddenly turned his head towards the entrance.

Across the room entered this stunning young woman, blonde flowing hair, a tiny slim figure with amazing tits, I mean they were practically falling out of the tight, golden dress she was wearing.

The young lady was walking directly in our direction, the men just stepped aside, in awe, as she walked on.

"Hi, Keith," the woman said, kissing him on the cheek. "This must be your wife, Gemma. You look amazing, I've heard all about you. Are you not going to introduce us, Keith?" she smiled.

Keith stuttered, "Oh yes, sorry. Gemma, this is my secretary, Stacey."

My heart sank, everything suddenly became clear, the late nights, the mood swings, no more sex.

Shaking, I said, "Keith, you never told me you had a secretary."

Casually, he replied, "Yeah, as part of my new job, I was assigned Stacey as my secretary, I didn't think it was important to tell you, sorry."

Keith added, "Do you want a drink Stacey, you have nothing in your hand, let's go to the bar."

He left me standing there with his boss and just walked off. I commented to his boss that Stacey looked a little young to be a secretary. He said that she had just turned twenty, that they hire young people when new managers come on board, so they can build a good working relationship, confidence in the business, and follow their manager around as they progress further up the company ranks.

I followed them to the bar and stood there like a third wheel, as they talked work. I was fuming. They never engaged with me, I might as well not have been there.

In the end, I sat myself down at the bar whilst the two of them wandered around, talking to others.

One hour had gone by and I'd had enough, I wanted to go home.

I scanned the room to find Keith, but he was nowhere to be seen. Recognising his boss from earlier, I walked up to him, and asked if he had seen Keith.

"Yes dear, he has just walked out of that door over there, not one minute ago," he pointed to the far reaches of the hall.

"Thank you," I said, and headed in that direction. I walked out onto the back terrace, the castle grounds were massive, I couldn't see him anywhere. I thought, 'for fucks sake, where is he? I want to go.'

The only thing in view was a folly in the middle of the grounds. So I started walking towards it.

The closer I got, the more concerned I became, I started to hear noises emanating from within. I told myself to turn around and go back inside, that what I was thinking wasn't true, but my legs just kept walking.

The closer I got, the louder the noises became.

Then it came into full view, and I saw what I had feared.

There was Stacey, bent over the edge of a seat, with her dress hiked up around her stomach, and her huge tits bouncing free. Keith was smashing that stupid bitch, like a man possessed. I froze, I couldn't move, I stood there and watched my whole life being taken away from me. What hurt me the most, was the things they were saying to each other.

"Fuck me, Daddy, fuck your dirty little slut."

"Don't you worry, Daddy is going to make sure you can't walk tomorrow," as he thrusted.

"Harder, harder, Daddy, I'm about to cum."

Keith grabbed Stacey's hair, forcing her head upwards. I thought I was far enough back, in the darkness, that they couldn't see me. As Stacey was cumming, she saw me in the distance. That's when things turned really nasty.

Stacey looked directly at me, an evil smile climbed on her face, "Daddy, is my pussy tighter than Mommy's, tell me, does it feel better?"

"Fuck, YES, so much tighter, baby," he panted.

"Mommy is in there, whilst you fuck your Daughter, she can't please you like I do, can she, Daddy," she said, in a slutty voice looking directly at me.

How could someone so young be so evil, I thought.

Then Keith chimed in, "Fuck Mommy, she doesn't matter, your pussy is so much better, make Daddy cum in your tight hole."

Stacey threw herself back harder and harder onto Keith's cock, as she continued her onslaught towards me. "Fuck Mommy, FUCK MOMMY, I'm yours, Daddy. Take me whenever you want. You don't need that stupid bitch again. I'll fuck you whenever you want, in the car, on your desk. Take me home, and I'll fuck you right in front of that pathetic bitch."

Keith shouted out, "I'm cumming! I'M CUMMING!"

Stacey stuck the knife in one final time, and twisted, "That's it, Daddy, fill your little girl up. Pump your seed into me. I want your babies, breed me."

I should have ran over, and kicked the shit out of that home-wrecking slut, but I couldn't move. I was in so much shock, my body wouldn't react. When Keith had finished cumming, he pulled Stacey up to him, put his arms around her, and ripped my heart out.

"I LOVE you so much, Stacey."

Stacey still had her eyes locked on mine, a huge smile slowly climbed on her face. "I LOVE you so much too, Keith!"

It felt like someone had hit me in the stomach with a sledge hammer. Defeated and humiliated, I managed to turn around, and walked back to the castle without saying a word. I didn't cry or scream, I was numb.

Walking back through the main hall, it felt like everyone was laughing at me, giving me a look of, how didn't she know, how could she be so stupid. I needed to get out of there as fast as I could. Looking round the courtyard, I saw Dave, our driver, standing against his car, smoking a cigarette. I walked towards him, he jumped up and threw it away.

"Please can you take me home, Dave," I asked.

Dave looked around, "Is Keith not joining you, ma'am?"

I just looked at the ground, opened the car door myself, "He is busy."

The journey home was a blur, I arrived home to an empty house. The kids were at my mom's. I just collapsed to the ground and fell apart, I must have cried for over an hour. I cried so hard my pity turned to anger.

How fucking dare he treat me like this, after everything we have been through, to throw it all for a dumb, blonde teenager. I wanted to confront him, I wanted to tear him apart.

Sitting on the couch, waiting for him to come home, I went through the scenario in my head, a thousand times. What I was going to say, what I was going to do.

The longer I waited, the more doubt crept into my head--think about the family, Gemma, the kids will be devastated; if we leave, I'll struggle to provide for them, to give them what they want.

Two hours later, a car finally pulls up outside. In he strolls, throwing his suit jacket on the couch next to me. "Where the hell did you get to? Why did you leave without me? I've spent ages looking for you."

I crumbled, I didn't want the kids to grow up in a broken family, so I stupidly swallowed my pride for the sake of my kids. "I didn't feel well. I couldn't find you, and nobody knew where you had gone. So, I just left."

Keith lowered his voice, "Well, you could have told someone, I looked like an idiot trying to find you. Right, I'm tired. I'm going to bed."

Then off he went--along with my self-worth, my pride--I really was pathetic, but all I could think about were the children.

After that, I went into a shell, hid everything away, never told a soul. I put all my efforts into the children and made sure they were brought up right. I always wondered when he would say he was leaving us, but he never did.

Ever since, he has had that whore as his secretary, fucking a younger model at work, then coming home.

I sacrificed my life for my children and I would do it again in a heartbeat...

_________

After hearing Gemma's confession, I was knocked off my feet, I didn't know what to do, or what to say. I knew it was going to be bad, by the way she was struggling, but this was the last thing I expected.

I just sat there trying to process it all.

"Please say something, Andy," she begged.

All that was repeating in my head was the Daddy/Daughter over and over. I finally spoke. "Gemma, what the fuck, are you kidding me? What you have just said is nearly, without the fucking, exactly what we did earlier." Getting a little worked up, I looked her dead in the eyes, "Gemma, did you use me to get back at your husband?"

Gemma burst into tears, "That's right, I'm a sad, pathetic, worthless woman, who used her son-in-law for sex, and betrayed her daughter. I'm a hypocrite; I've done exactly what Keith did to me, making me just as bad. I just want to die! I feel so ashamed."

I couldn't take it anymore, so I jumped up from the couch and stormed out to the garden.

Gemma cried out, "Andy, where are you going? I'm sorry. I'M SORRY, PLEASE DON'T GO!"

I headed towards my workshop, my sanctuary. I needed to calm down before I did something stupid. I threw the door open and slammed it behind me. I paced the floor, back and forth, talking aloud to myself.

"What the fuck is going on, this crazy bitch just used me to get revenge from ten fucking years ago. Jesus Christ, talk about holding a grudge. I risked losing my wife for this. FUUUUUCK ME! Only you, Andy, it could only happen to you. Tom will have a field day with this on Monday, when I tell him."

I grabbed a beer out of the fridge, and plonked myself down in my old, comfy armchair. Taking a big swig, I let out a big breath. I just needed to calm myself down.

With my anger subsiding to somewhat normal levels, I began to run things through in my head.

It's not all her fault, that's unfair. I have to take equal responsibility in all of this. Your mother-in-law has just opened up to you; after so long, and this is what happens.

I began to feel awful. Oh my god, she must be devastated. It was me who made her come here, it was me who has managed to lower her barriers, to allow her to open up. A terrible feeling came over me, I jumped up out of the chair, and bolted out of my workshop, running across the garden. I flew into the house, she wasn't on the couch anymore.

"Gemma. GEMMA! Where are you,!" I shouted.

No answer.

I ran up to her bedroom, nothing. Then I heard a car door shutting, I ran to one of the front bedrooms, and saw Gemma getting into a cab.