Mother Road Ch. 04 - Journey's End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NewOldGuy77
NewOldGuy77
880 Followers

Three hours prior things were in a tizzy, as expected. Minister Barksdale would be arriving shortly. Ashley and Ava were busy ensuring the flowers and decorations inside the house were perfect. Then they'd be tending to Melissa.

The morning heat having drained the energy out of my now seven-month pregnant wife. Laura was resting in our bedroom. Her pregnant hormones must have taken the day off, as her emotions had seemed pretty much in check since the morning. Of course, the day wasn't over yet.

While Brad took care of baby Archie, Olivia oversaw set-up of tables in the living room for the reception. She used Liam to do the rearranging before changing into his suit to be best man. Meanwhile Miriam, every inch the Army Sergeant, directed the caterers with military-like precision while young James Thomas suckled at her breast.

Elijah, Amelia and Lucas were put in charge of keeping Pearl and Hunter entertained and, more importantly, out of the dirt. As father of the groom, I was unneeded today. I just happily wandered around, soaking it all in, keeping out of everybody's way. Then I wandered smack into what most people usually refer to as the right place, wrong time.

The house and the cabin both had air conditioning; the house had space to install cooling vents, but the single-wall construction of the cabin didn't allow for that, so during the remodel I'd installed a ductless air conditioner system. More advanced and efficient than a window-mounted unit, a DAC system uses the same outdoor compressor/condenser coil setup as central air, but cooled via a wall-mounted unit.

I was walking by the cabin when I heard the DAC compressor running, which was odd. I only ran it when I was working; with the wedding about to happen, there shouldn't have been anyone in there. Closed curtains were the family 'DO NOT DISTURB' signal and they were open, so I figured I'd left the DAC unit running. Cursing my own forgetfulness, I walked up to turn it off; looking in the window, I suddenly wished I was somewhere else, like maybe Omaha.

Melissa was on the cabin bed on all fours, in her wedding dress. There was someone under her skirt; a couple of legs and a pair of James-sized trousers and shoes extended from behind. Her head was thrown back in obvious pleasure. The windows were uninsulated single pane, so I could pretty much hear everything. "Oh, JAMES! YESSSSSS!"

I recalled James got an A grade on his oral skills. It sounded like he was going for extra credit. My rational brain was screaming that I needed to leave NOW, but it was overruled by the emotional part of my brain, mesmerized by the sight of my son pleasing his woman.

James got out from underneath Melissa and flipped the skirt up over her back, her big, beautiful ass cheeks now exposed. Whoa, sure enough, there was that ace of hearts tattoo James had told me about! Then James unbuckled his pants and his erect dick popped out. I hadn't seen him naked since he was 14, and I had to admit my son had grown...quite a bit!

"You like this hard cock in you?" he asked her, pulling her panties off.

"Yes, please, yes, I need that cock, fuck me!" she groaned.

"Then here it is!" Wasting no time, he plunged in and out ferociously, talking the whole time. "This is my pussy, I own you, say it!

I have to admit, I laughed to myself; my reclusive son was quite the chatterbox when fucking his beloved.

"Yes, my pussy is yours, please fuck me harder," She groaned, and he kicked it into high gear.

"I'm getting close, and I've got a big load! I want my cum running down the inside of your legs while we get married," he groaned. "Tell me you want that!"

"Yesss, James, yessss!" Melissa groaned, "fill my pussy! Fill it up! I'll feel it dripping down!"

At this point my rational mind was able to regain control and get me out of there but my stiff dick entered the debate, rather insistent that I go find Laura.

It probably took me two minutes to get up to our bedroom, which translated into about two hours in hard-cock time. As I ran up the stairs, I wondered if Einstein included erections as a factor when developing his theories on the physics of space and time.

My beautiful bride was napping. She was more tired than usual with this pregnancy. Sitting down gently on the bed, I leaned over and kissed her cheek. Without opening her eyes, she instinctively turned her head towards me, her lovely lips found my mouth. As we kissed, she reached her arms up and encircled my neck. I ran my hand down her torso, caressing her breasts, then running over her baby-filled abdomen. Oh, yeah!

"Hello, beautiful," I murmured, "has your husband told you lately how much he loves you?"

Waking up, she stretched; watching that body writhe was a sight to behold. My desire was now at full peak for this woman. "Mmmm, no, he hasn't told me for at least two hours, and it's making me quite upset," she teased, her beautiful eyes opening now.

I moved from her lips to the left side of her neck, which I had discovered early on was her sexual Achille's heel. As I kissed it, I murmured, "Perhaps I can fix that. It's such a hot day, can I help take those clothes off you?" Laura giggled, I pulled the thin spaghetti straps of her sundress off her shoulders, and her cleavage began to spill out. I kissed the tops of her breasts.

"I'm sorry I've been so negligent, my love. Let me make it up to you."

I reached down and tugged the hem of her dress up and over her head, tossing it aside. She lay there in a matching blue silk bra and pantie set, her bra barely holding in her swollen breasts. I kissed the top of her belly just under the bra line and moved southward. As I kissed my way around her navel, I felt TJ kick.

I chuckled, "The baby likes it when Daddy makes Mommy happy, doesn't he?" I slipped my fingers in the waistband of her panties and slid them off.

"Yes, he does," she murmured, "and so do I!" I began to kiss my way down towards her love junction, stopping to tickle her little doorbell on the way. She groaned and spread her legs wider, urging me on, "Oh, Tom, yes, baby, please!" I dug my face in deeper, drinking up her juices.

"We're a little short on time, dear, so we'll have to be quick. How would you like me to finish you, with my mouth or my cock?"

Laura was tossing her head side to side, gasping, "Your mouth - please don't stop, please don't stop, please don't stop!"

Gently holding her folds apart, I plunged my tongue in as deeply as I could and rimmed around her opening. Suddenly, she clenched her thighs around my head and went stiff as an orgasm rippled through her. Then she exhaled and began to relax. Giving her labia a goodbye kiss, I moved up on the bed next to her.

My hands roamed over her curves, "Hey, wife, have I told you lately how sexy you are?"

She kissed me on the lips, "Yes, but I never get tired of hearing it."

"I'll tell you again right after the ceremony. We only have about 15 minutes, so you'd better put your dress on and brush your hair while I wash your juices off my face and put my suit on, OK?"

I managed to behave myself and kept my hands off my smoking hot wife while she got dressed. But it wasn't easy. We made it down to the kitchen and took our places in the front row with about two minutes to spare.

Olivia saw Laura's flushed complexion and quickly deduced what we'd been up to. She whispered harshly, "REALLY Mom? You couldn't wait until AFTER the ceremony?" I had to give Olivia credit, this was a good scolding. I was quite enjoying it. "Honestly, what is WRONG with you guys," she hissed.

I leaned over and whispered, "This one's all my fault, Olly. You know I can't control myself around your mother." Then I playfully put my hand on Laura's left butt cheek and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Tommmmm," she quietly protested, but didn't move my hand off her ass. Good girl, my wife.

Olivia scowled, shook her head and slapped herself on the forehead in frustration. Brad, watching with amusement as he held Archie, gave me a wink and a thumbs-up. I gave him a return thumbs-up.

Miriam, seated behind us holding baby James, leaned forward and whispered to Laura, "I hope that we're still as frisky as you two when we're 40."

Laura smiled and nodded towards Liam, standing next to James as his best man. "Liam's just like his father. I don't think that will be a problem," she whispered back.

Minister Barksdale clapped her hands twice to get everyone's attention. That was the cue. A friend of Liam's who'd agreed to be the music for the wedding began playing 'Unchained Melody' on an acoustic guitar as Melissa entered, followed by her maid of honor Ashley.

When I thought about Melissa the angry black-leather-clad-goth-girl I'd first met, I couldn't believe this happy bride was the same person. She took her place next to James, and the look on his face was indescribably happy. Everyone in attendance could see how much he loved this woman, every beautiful inch of her.

Minister Barksdale began, "Family and friends, we are gathered together in this wonderful home to witness and celebrate the marriage of James and Melissa. We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to acknowledge and strengthen a bond that already exists. As a friend of the McFarland family, it is our honor and privilege to stand here as the officiant of this event.

Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life. Happiness is fuller, memories are fresher, commitment is stronger. Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid. While the commitment begins with the two of you, its effects radiate outward, touching your family and friends.

This is what you James, want for Melissa and it is also what you, Melissa, want for James. When a couple treats each other with kindness, love and respect, the best of what marriage has to offer is the result. James' parents Thomas and Laura are a perfect example." That caught me by surprise, and I had to quickly snatch my hand back from respecting Laura's butt. I was really paying attention, I swear. The glare Olivia gave me could have melted the polar icecaps, though.

"The two of you are mature enough to know the difference between dreams and realities. You have youth and hope. You also know that good times are sweeter when shared and that difficult times are less harsh when borne by two."

Finally, Minister Barksdale got to the good part. "James and Melissa, do you, with your family and friends as your witnesses, present yourselves willingly and of your own accord to be joined in marriage?"

They responded together, "We do."

"Will you promise to care for each other in the joys and sorrows of life, come what may, and to share the responsibility for growth and enrichment of your life together?"

In unison, they responded, "We will."

The Minister then held her hands towards James, "James, please recite your vows to Melissa."

This was it. My hermit crab of a son was about to make the most important speech of his life. "Melissa, the first time I saw you I was lost, with no direction. Then there you were, the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. I found myself through you. You gave me direction. I was determined to win you over, whatever it took. It wasn't easy, but I believed you were worth fighting for. I wasn't going to give up. Now here we are, getting married.

My love, you were worth fighting for. My promise to you is that I will always keep fighting - I'll fight to make you happy, fight to build a family and fight to keep our love strong. I now take you, Melissa, to be my lawfully wedded wife." He put the ring on her finger.

Holding her hands towards Melissa, Minister Barksdale gave the same instructions, "Melissa, please recite your vows to James."

Now the beautiful bride, the girl who'd called me 'fuckface' the first time I met her, was going to pledge her love to my son. Miracles do happen.

"James, when I met you, you were unlike any man I'd ever met. I was hurt and angry and tried to push you away, but you never gave up. You'd leave and give me space but kept coming back sweet and kind as ever. My handsome and charming man, you taught me to trust again. You are my treasure, forever. I happily take you now to be my lawfully wedded husband." She put the ring on his finger.

Laura, her eyes tearing up, leaned into me and whispered, "He's just like his father." Laura's words produced a rush of emotions in me - primarily pride in James, and passion for my wife. Taking Laura in a full-on embrace with a face-melting kiss would have been inappropriate at that point, not to mention it would REALLY piss Olivia off again. I'd make up for it to Laura later in bed. Oh, yeah. Count on it.

Minster Barksdale continued, "Having this love in your hearts, you have chosen to seal your vows by exchanging rings." I wanted to add, 'not to mention exchanging bodily fluids' but that would not have gone over well at ALL. Some secrets deserve to stay buried.

"James and Melissa from this moment forward, you will never be alone. You will carry with you the love of another person, giving you a completeness and renewed lightness. May your life together be immersed in love and excitement."

Addressing the couple and the room, she continued, "Having pledged their fidelity to one another, to love, honor and cherish one another in the presence of this gathering. By the authority vested in me by the constitution and the laws of this state, it is my honor to now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your spouse."

Given what I'd witnessed earlier I was expecting their kiss to be something we'd have to call the fire department to come extinguish, but it was a gentle embrace followed by a tender loving kiss. Perfect.

Minster Barksdale announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to be the first to introduce you to James and Melissa McFarland."

Upon hearing these words, Laura burst into tears. I'd been able to distract her for most of the day, but there was no holding it back. James and Melissa came over and enveloped her in a hug.

After the ceremony, I took a moment to walk outside, alone. Although not a religious person, I looked skywards and quietly spoke to Glen Carlson, "Ava, Liam, and James are all grown up and married now. I hope I did you proud, old man."

++++++++++++++++++++

SEPTEMBER - Beverly and Warren's Wedding

Life has a way of throwing boomerangs at you, things you throw out of our life, thinking you'll never see them again. Then they come back around, and smack you on the back of the head.

It started with a phone call from Ava. Of course it did.

I learned early on that when Ava called it wasn't some easy, 'what color should I wear today' question, it was usually a question that made you want to curl up in a fetal position and question your existence. This call was no exception.

As usual, our daughter was in hyperdrive, "Daddy, Beverly is engaged and getting married! I'm her Maid of Honor! She wants to know if you and Momma will come."

On the one hand, Beverly had done everything we'd hoped for and more when Laura and I asked her to give Ava and Ashley help in getting established in Chicago. She'd taken the girls under her wing and helped them find an affordable apartment in a safe neighborhood. She'd also taken on the role of de facto big sister, filling in for Olivia.

On the other hand, I was sympathetic to how the new groom might feel to Beverly's first husband being there. I didn't know him, he didn't know me, and while it made no rational sense, emotionally he might perceive me as a threat.

Since Laura was 8 months along, her doctor advised against flying. I suggested we take Amtrak instead. I booked us an upper level bedroom suite on a Superliner between Oklahoma City and Chicago. During the day it was configured with a sofa and armchair, by night 2 single-person bunks. With an in-suite shower and restroom, it was like a 30-hour mini-honeymoon.

Well, almost. Two single bunks meant we couldn't sleep next to each other at night. I'd be relieved to get back in the same bed with her again.

We left the Santa Fe Depot in Oklahoma City at 8:30am on Tuesday and arrived at Chicago's Union Station on Wednesday at 2:00pm. Ava and Ashley were happily waiting and took us back to their 2-bedroom rental on Illinois Avenue, not far from the Lake Michigan shore.

The next morning, we went to meet Beverly and her fiancé Warren at a nice breakfast place.

They were already waiting, and stood as we walked in. Never one to let a spare moment pass, Ava introduced us. "Daddy, Momma, this is Warren Mays, Beverly's fiancé. Warren, these are my parents, Tom and Laura." We shook hands, all of us mumbling "Nice meeting you."

This was the moment I'd been dreading. Turning to Beverly, I said, "Beverly, this is my wife Laura."

My fears were unwarranted; putting on her warmest smile, Laura shook hands with my ex-wife. "Beverly, it really is a pleasure to meet you. We're both so grateful to you for taking such wonderful care of Ava and Ashley."

Beverly smiled and noticeably relaxed. "It's truly been my pleasure, these two are the sweetest pair, I've become quite fond of them," she said, looking at the two girls. Ava took Ashley's hand, and they both beamed.

Beverly addressed Laura, "Ava's told me a lot about you. You're quite a woman, raising all those kids and then," she jerked her thumb at me, "snagging this guy."

Laura responded, "Well, truth be told, I never understood the attraction, I had a few miles on me when we met." Sensing some discomfort, I jumped in.

"What can I say, I've always had an eye for talent," I joked, "it was either recruit Laura as a shortstop or fall in love with her. The team already had a shortstop, so ..." I shrugged.

Both women laughed. Inside I felt relief. We had a nice breakfast and didn't struggle for conversation, what with Ava going on about Warren, describing his job at the Art Institute and even how well he interacted with the grade-school children on school tours.

Even though Ava was following in my architectural footsteps, I had to admit feeling a little jealous while she carried on about what a great guy Warren was. I know she was just being Ava, but to a father's ears, a little hero worship goes a long way. It seemed to make Warren feel good, though, so I shoved my jealousy aside.

After breakfast, everyone went to run various errands. Laura was feeling a little tired (a constant condition being 8 months pregnant) so we went back to Ava and Ashley's place for a nap. Not that I needed a nap but getting horizontal with Laura was always a welcomed activity.

That night, the six of us went out to dinner again. Warren, Laura, Ava, and Ashley didn't have much to say, but Beverly and I started reminiscing, which in retrospect was not the best idea. "Hey, Bev, do you still have that Sam Stillwell painting we bought when we were drunk?"

Beverly grinned and nodded, then explained to the group, "Tom and I got drunk on champagne at this art exhibit in a little gallery downtown, and we bought a painting from this unknown artist. When we got it home, we couldn't remember which side was up, and ended hanging it upside down for 3 months until we finally figured it out." Beverly and I laughed aloud at this shared memory, everyone else smiled politely except for Warren. He remained stone-faced.

I turned to Ava, "I don't know if you've had a chance to go to Greektown yet, but after we leave, Beverly needs to take you and Ashley to the Saganaki Taverna. She and I went there for our first date, and in all my business trips I've never had better Greek food!"

Beverly chimed in, laughing, "Yeah, the amount of ouzo you drank had nothing to do with how much you liked it, I'm sure!"

We looked at each other, grinned, and both shouted "HO-pah!"; this is what everybody shouts when drinking ouzo in a Greektown restaurant. It's a fun but hardly quiet dining experience, let me tell you.

NewOldGuy77
NewOldGuy77
880 Followers