Mother Road Ch. 08 - Lost Highway

Story Info
Tom repays his debt to Quiet Sal; Angel and Destiny return.
24.2k words
4.85
5.8k
15

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/28/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NewOldGuy77
NewOldGuy77
880 Followers

Dear Readers/Followers of the Mother Road Series:

The Mother Road series spans over a 20-year period and involves two main characters, Tom and Laura, their family of 10 children, plus various boyfriends, girlfriends, and spouses. Because it's been well over a year since the last installment, my writing coaches RiverMaya and JuanaSalsa suggested I do a quick character recap prior to this Mother Road chapter. I trust their judgment, so here you go.

NOTE: If you want to skip the character recap, page down to the Title.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Main Characters (ages shown as of this story)

Tom McFarland (47) -- In the original Mother Road, Tom was introduced as a newly-divorced architectural consultant travelling in an RV down old Route 66. Until the advent of the Interstate Highway System, Route 66 was considered as the Main Street of America. Stretching from Chicago, Illinois to the Santa Monica Pier in California, it was also referred to as the Mother Road. Tom's 6' tall, with brown hair, brown eyes, 215 pounds, an average build (not muscular) with broad shoulders.

At the beginning of the series, Tom worked for SustainArch. Later he struck out as an independent contractor under the DBA of McFarland Consulting. Later the firm pivots to Stronghold Corporate Security with Walter's help. As of this chapter it was recently bought out by a national security firm, Cryptodira.

Laura Terhune/Watkins/Carlson/Palermo/McFarland (52) - The oldest of fourteen children, Laura's a two-time widow, one time divorcee, and single mother of seven in the first story.

About 5'4", when they meet Tom is taken in by her red hair, freckled nose, and incredible green eyes. Laura is full figured, with 38D breasts, a belly that's got some cushion and stretchmarks from giving birth 6 times (including a set of twins), and a full ass. Seeing her with her hair up in a messy mom-bun and splattered with baby food, Tom thinks she's the sexiest thing he's ever seen.

For her part, Laura is lonely and finds Tom cute. Before he can figure out how to get her into bed, Laura makes the first move. After three husbands she's afraid of making a commitment, but Tom's bedroom skills and the kind way he treats her children soon convince her otherwise. He's crazy in love with her, and after they marry he often calls her his trophy wife. Laura has a sexual roleplay alter ego, a prostitute named Angel.

Tom and Laura's Children. (Once married, Tom adopted all of Laura's children.)

Olivia (Olly) McFarland Maddox (33) -- biological daughter of Reverend Watkins, Laura's first husband who died before Olly was born. When Tom first meets her she's 16 years old, tall, thin, dark-haired and shy. Tom is quite taken with her in a paternal way. When he decides to propose, he asks Olly's blessing first. Olivia is married to Brad Maddox. This relationship got off to a rocky start after Brad got Olly pregnant at a college party, but things eventually got worked out.

Liam McFarland (31) - biological son of Glen Carlson, Laura's second husband -- tall, fair-haired and muscular like his bio-dad, outgoing but serious. In the original story, Liam is a lost boy literally and figuratively. Tom takes a detour to go around a flooded part of Route 66, only to find Liam with his bicycle stuck in a muddy ditch in a heavy downpour. Fatherless, he feels hopeless and angry, right up until Tom pulls him out of the mud and gives him a ride home. Liam is married to Miriam, a tall blonde ex-Army MP who's a dead ringer for Tom's ex Beverly.

James McFarland (31) -- biological son of Glen Carlson - Like his twin Liam, James is tall, fair-haired and muscular, but with a serious and shy introverted personality. James is married to Melissa, a BBW former goth girl and sexual dynamo. James was a virgin when they met, and Melissa makes a point of actively keeping his balls drained using a variety of methods that keep him spellbound. James is still shy and introverted, but extremely happy; his enchantress Melissa is the only woman in the world as far as he's concerned.

Ava McFarland (30) -- biological daughter of Glen Carlson, and a red-haired physical duplicate of Laura. From a young age she's had a razor sharp mind. She's the most assertive and strong-willed of all the children. She's married to Melissa's sister Ashley, who Tom and Laura took in when Ashley's parents kicked her out for being gay. After getting married, Ava and Ashley moved to Chicago. Ava attended the University of Illinois at Chicago, pursuing a degree to become an architect like Tom, whom she adores.

Elijah (Eli) McFarland (22) - biological son of Chris Palermo, Laura's third husband. Eli is the black sheep of the family who struggles with his identity. He has a fantasy that bio-dad Chris is a great guy, but it's shattered when Tom takes Eli to visit him in prison. Like his bio-dad, he gets a girl, Natalie (Natty), pregnant, then abandons her. Tom and Laura take Natty in -- she's 18 and six feet tall, but because of developmental delays, she's got the emotions of a younger girl.

Eventually, Eli reconciles with Natty and marries her. To get the newlyweds on their feet, Walter takes Eli under his wing, hiring him at Stronghold Corporate Security and teaching him tricks of the trade. Eli, however, gets in an affair a coworker and abandons Natty and their daughter. Walter loves Natty and is absolutely furious. The rest of the McFarland family loathes Eli for what he's done, but as far as his uncle Walter is concerned Eli has betrayed him, and betraying Walter is a very bad idea.

Amelia McFarland (21) - biological daughter of Chris Palermo. Amelia is rather quiet, and attends college in the Seattle area. She is fond of Tom; she and Eli were his little shadows growing up. Unlike her brother, she has zero interest in her bio-dad.

Lucas McFarland (20) - biological son of Chris Palermo. In the first story, he's just started baby food after having been weaned from breastfeeding. Like his older brother James, Lucas is a quiet giant. Intensely loyal, slow to anger, but dangerous when he loses his temper. He and Eli don't like each other, and at times have physically fought, with Eli always losing. Although Lucas dated Natty's sister Josie for a while, he's always secretly adored Natty. After a huge family blowup where Eli reveals Lucas's real feelings about Natty, Josie breaks up with Lucas. After Eli abandons Natty for the second time Lucas fills the gap, marrying Natty and raising her baby daughter Marie.

Pearl McFarland (19) -- Tom and Laura's biological daughter. A younger version of Olivia, the tall slim Pearl has her father's height and hair color, but with her mother's strong emotions. She's loving and empathetic, instinctively protecting others who are hurting. Tom tries hard not to have a favorite child from the combined family, but Pearl secretly has a special place in his heart because she's his first biological child, conceived in the cabin where Tom first slept with Laura.

Tom McFarland Junior, aka TJ (12) - Tom and Laura's biological son. After Pearl's birth, Tom thought that eight children were enough and had even gone so far as to schedule his vasectomy. Laura disagreed, and persuaded her husband to go through one last pregnancy before he got the snip. TJ was the result. He idolized his older brothers Eli and Lucas, up until Eli betrayed Natty; TJ had developed a huge crush on his sister-in-law and was (and still is) very protective of her. TJ's a boy with his father's heart, taking good of all the younger nieces, nephews, and grandkids when asked, but he especially spoils his baby sister Ruthie, giving her anything she wants.

Laura Ruth (Ruthie) McFarland (4) - Tom and Laura's third biological child. One could theorize Laura's hyper-fertility caused Tom's vasectomy to reverse itself, but whatever the cause, the 4,000-to-1 shot hit home, getting and Laura pregnant a final time. It was a high-risk pregnancy, with Laura going into labor early. After having the baby Laura almost died due to hemorrhaging, but a post-partum hysterectomy saved her life.

With Ruthie being her last bio child, Laura has done everything she can to keep Ruthie a baby for as long as possible; at 4 years old, her daughter has moved on to solid foods, but will still climb into her parent's bed to nurse from Laura every now and then.

Other Key Characters

Walter Connor (54) --Tom has done some work for Quiet Sal Bartolo, a mob boss, in the past and they respect each other. When Brad Maddox gets Olivia pregnant and then claims the baby is not his, Tom goes to Quiet Sal and requests some help in persuading Brad to step up and do the right thing by his precious Olly.

Quiet Sal provides it, in the form of two enforcers: Mr. Green and a Mr. Orange, both well over 6' and easily 250 pounds. Enough things happen (including Brad's Corvette mysteriously catching fire) to convince Brad that meeting up with Olivia to talk about their baby's future is a most excellent idea. The reconciled lovebirds decide to get married, and at their wedding to deliver a new vehicle as a present from Quiet Sal, it's revealed that Mr. Orange's real name is Walter Connor.

While at the wedding, Walter sees Tom and Laura having a sensual moment and realizes that he's tired of paying for sex; instead, he wants a real relationship with a woman just like Laura. In the fifth chapter, her meets her: Laura's younger sister, Dotty.

Dorothy "Dotty" Terhune/Harmon/Connor (47) -- a red-headed green-eyed wet dream Terhune sister, and a younger version of Laura. Dotty first appears in the fifth chapter, arriving on the McFarland Farm in search of her oldest sister, whom she hasn't seen since Laura left to marry Reverend Wright nearly 20 years prior. She's on the run from her abusive drug-dealing husband, to protect her son Trent. Tom feels inadequate to protect her, so calls in some help: Walter, now 50 and retired from the mob.

One look at Dotty and Walter is hooked. She's his perfect woman, and he's determined to win her, not knowing in Dotty's eyes that he's already won. Walter also bonds in a fatherly way with Dotty's son Trent (now 9). Having the Terhune family fertility, Dotty gets pregnant and marries Walter, and before long Trent has two sisters, Jackie (now 3), and Athena (now 2).

Inspired by James' wife Melissa, Dotty also has a sexual roleplay alter ego, a hooker named Destiny, who usually teams up with Laura's alter ego Angel to get their husbands stirred up.

A detailed version of Walter and Dotty's romance can be found in the Mother Road spin-off, "Walter and Dotty -- A Love Story".

Tom and Laura's Sons-In-Law And Daughters-In-Law

Brad Maddox (32) (mOlivia) - former frat-boy, his asshole tendencies went up in flames with his Corvette, and he's now an excellent husband and father.

Ashley McFarland (30) (mAva) also Melissa's sister -- Ashley is the gentle one that balances out Ava's Type A personality.

Miriam McFarland (38) (mLiam) - ex-Army MP, 6'2" tall and blonde. Sweet but serious. Had one son from a previous relationship when she met Liam.

Melissa McFarland (35) (mJames) also Ashley's sister - former goth-girl, she's a plus-sized woman, a good wife and sexually adventurous. She took James' v-card, and has kept him sexually satisfied ever since. She's also inspired and coached Laura and Dotty to be more adventurous in the bedroom.

Natalie (Natty) McFarland (22) (mEli -- divorced, now mLucas) - Natty is an emotional little girl in a big girl's six-foot tall body. She's an excellent cook and good mother. Her sweet innocence makes most everyone (except her cheating ex Eli) want to protect her.

Tom and Laura's Grandchildren

Archer Thomas Maddox (12) -- son of Olivia and Brad

Laura Hope Maddox (2) - daughter of Olivia and Brad

Hunter McFarland (18) - stepson of Liam, bio-son of Miriam. Four years old when his mother met Liam, he's the only father Hunter's ever known. He dated Pearl for a while, (technically his aunt) but they eventually drifted apart.

James Thomas McFarland (13) -- son of Liam and Miriam

Olivia Leigh McFarland (3) -- daughter of Liam and Miriam

Ashley Rose McFarland (12) -- daughter of James and Melissa

James Liam McFarland (2) -- son of Ava and Ashley

Marie Arlene McFarland (3) -- biological daughter of Eli and Natalie McFarland, adopted daughter of Lucas McFarland

~~~~~~~~~~

Mother Road Ch. 8 -- Lost Highway

Author's notes:

• All sexual activity in this story is between adults 18 and over.

• This is a continuation of a very long series. If you haven't read the first 7 chapters of Mother Road, in order to fully understand Tom and Laura's relationship - and their children's relationships - you probably should.

• This story picks up immediately after Mother Road Ch. 7 -- Passing Lane, and 19 years after the original Mother Road.

Thanks as always to my writing team, RiverMaya and JuanaSalsa. They are "simply the best, better than all the rest."

++++++++++

February -- Wellston, Oklahoma: The Special Order

Spooning was just the best. After 19 years of marriage, I never got tired of feeling Laura's ass pressed against my crotch with one of her tits filling my hand, with my nose pressed into her sweet-smelling hair. It was one of the things I missed most, back when I was on the road as a consultant. Even at 52, Laura's red hair, green eyes, and soft flesh still managed excite me.

Probably second to that was giving Laura oral. Since her hysterectomy after our youngest, Laura Ruth, (aka Ruthie) was born, periods were no longer an issue and you better believe I took every opportunity to go down on my wife.

Of course, our regular fucking itself was also great. Sometimes it was gentle and loving, other times it was me roughly folding Laura almost in half, her thighs pinned against her tits as I went at it like a piledriver.

No, my sex drive hadn't diminished, but these days the windows of opportunity certainly were fewer.

Ruthie was now 4 and had her own big-girl bed, but would still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, walk down the hall and crawl in ours. Since she was our last baby, Laura was in no hurry for Ruthie to grow up; rather than put our sweet little cockblocker back in her own bed, we allowed her to sleep between us.

It could be frustrating, but since she was our miracle post-vasectomy baby I just accepted it. Using the cabin was not really an option since Ruthie would hunt us down there as well, ignoring the 'do not disturb Mommy and Daddy in the cabin' rule that the other 9 children had so faithfully followed for the last 19 years. To relieve my sexual tension, sometimes Laura and I would have a date night at a local motel; it was like being on a honeymoon for a few hours.

With a 9-year-old son and two little girls aged 3 and 2, Laura's sister Dotty and her husband Walter were experiencing the same shortage of sexy time.

Every now and then we'd have a chance to break free, like when the four of us had flown to New York to finalize the sale of our business. While Walter and I were signing contracts, Laura and Dotty had run out and bought matching slutty outfits, then met us in the hotel bar pretending they were two hookers, 'Angel' and 'Destiny'. After that epic session, Walter had called up his friend, a jeweler named Sednicki, and special-ordered two diamond-studded ankle bracelets with Laura and Dotty's 'hooker' names on them.

Seeing our wives wearing these was going to be fun!

March - Coffeyville, Kansas: Hiding in Plain Sight

In the 15-plus years I'd known him, the Kansas City mob boss Salvatore 'Quiet Sal' Bartolo always displayed a warped sense of humor. When I asked him for help to smack some respect into my oldest daughter Olivia's then-boyfriend Brad after he'd knocked her up, Quiet Sal sent two seriously scary dudes, a Mr. Green and a Mr. Orange (jokingly named after characters in the movie 'Reservoir Dogs'). It only took a burning Corvette and a friendly chat with Brad's father to set everything right.

At Olivia and Brad's wedding, Sal sent Mr. Green to the reception and give me the Luca Brasi speech from The Godfather before delivering a new minivan as a wedding gift. I found that particularly hilarious. That was also when I learned Mr. Green's real name: Walter Connor, the same Walter Connor who'd become my business partner and, later, my brother-in-law.

Five years ago, when I told Sal about Walter falling in love with Dotty, and how her young son Trent was his new best friend, the old man sent Walter a new car with "IT'S A BOY" written on the windshield, wisecracking that Walter had gone from being a bad-ass to a dad-ass. I had to admit, as gangsters go, Sal was pretty darned entertaining. That Sal took such delight at his own jokes just made him even funnier.

Sal struck again the day Walter and I were huddled in our cabin office, sorting through old Stronghold Corporate Security paper files to determine which should be shredded and which to forward on to the new owners at Cryptodira headquarters.

Hearing the potato-potato-potato sound of a Harley motorcycle engine coming up the drive, we exchanged surprised glances. The McFarland family farm, situated on Goodlin Road outside of sleepy little Wellston, Oklahoma, was not exactly the kind of place motorcyclists were ever drawn to.

Walter pulled his Raging Bull.454 out of its holster, and I certainly didn't object. Given how not that long ago our farm had been attacked by Dotty's abusive ex-husband Sonny and his meth-head friends, I'd come to believe it was better to have firepower and not need it, than to need it and be without.

While Walter stood watching from the cabin door, I walked out to greet whoever had arrived. I was a little surprised to see a rider dismounting from a classic red 1947 Harley-Davidson 'knucklehead' motorcycle. This was typically a bike you saw in museums or on TV shows, not one used as a daily rider.

The rider was also atypical; a tall thin man with a ponytail, he was wearing a 1950's-style buckskin fringe jacket, matching buckskin pants, a pair of round vintage goggles perched on his face. A fringed leather courier's bag was slung over his shoulder. He walked up and bowed to me with a flourish, like it was Versailles in 1643 and I was King Louis XIV.

"Good morning, fine sir," he said with an exaggerated phony French accent, "I am the messenger known as Hermes, and I seek Messrs. McFarland and Connor." The thought occurred to me that this might be how the guys in my high school drama club ended up when they got older.

I heard Walter walk up behind me, and the sound of him sliding his Raging Bull back into the leather holster. His deep voice rumbled, "You found us, what do you need?"

The man reached into his bag and pulled out two brown crackers, handing one to each of us.

"The fuck is this?" Walter asked.

I was two steps ahead of him. "This is probably a singing telegram," I said, "which makes these..."

The courier finished for me, "Singing tele-graham crackers! Well done, Mr. McFarland!" Then he began to sing, quite badly, I might add:

"You are invited to dinnnnnner

As Sal Bartolo's guessssssts

NewOldGuy77
NewOldGuy77
880 Followers