All Comments on 'Mr. Dingle the Strong'

by bruce1971

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Nothing wrong with being average! Had a good chuckle.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm thinking you should have let Mrs Dingle meet the new and improved Mr Dingle. That would have been epic :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a good one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The tongue was firmly in cheek, but the story was so clearly intended to be humorous that it generated little emotion.

JustSomeWordsJustSomeWordsabout 1 year ago

Excellent! I laughed through the entire read.

UnassignedUnassignedabout 1 year ago

As a huge fan of The Twilight Zone, this story is one of the easiest 5* I've given. Bullseye-true to the original concept, hilarious and expertly done!

.

Those who only know Burgess Meredith through Rocky or (ugh) the TV Batman should watch him in his multiple Twilight Zone episodes. Brilliant!

shopratshopratabout 1 year ago

Excellent! Rod would definitely approve. I don't know if the Venusian Stud Ray was a new idea, but it's something that would be fun to see some authors pick up and play with. Well done!

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 truly a funny enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Splendidly eccentric in the same vein as the Jeff Goldblum/Geena Davis movie "Earth Girls are Easy"; and just as wonderfully entertaining. Well done.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A pleasure to read.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Very good story. I enjoyed this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good! I laughed my ass off.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 1 year ago

Hilarity. A... Venusian slut ray. It couldn't be a lunar slut ray. No. Or a Mercurian slut ray. That wouldn't do. Too fast of course. Nor a Jovian slut ray. Nor even a Trans-Uranian slut ray. Don't ponder that one too much. And the Saturnians? They used it on what is now the Asteroid Belt, then turned it way down and used it on Ancient Rome. So much for Rome. History sort of resonates.

kdad9010kdad9010about 1 year ago

Lol! Outstanding! Terrifically silly and fun. Thank you for the enjoyable ride!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Missed the mark. I always thought that Burgess Meredith was a great character actor and Rod Serling used to scare the pants off me but this was just a little too far out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Truly epic, very, very fun. 5 Original.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well played sir !

Yes... the TV references are easy to find, and the Martian Slut Ray is infamous on LW, but I think you have brought the Venusian Stud Ray to the fore in this cute tale that I gave 5 stars !

Of course, one of the downsides of the Venusian Stud Ray is a bad case of Venusian Crotch Rot as a result of over-indulgence in sex with victims of the Stud Ray !

Again, well done !

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

I suppose Rod Sterling liked risque stories too

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Nope, I got it, but just didn't think it was that clever or amusing. No story here except of the existence of some "stud" ray, nothing happened afterwards.....

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Fun and............anyway, where can I get the Martian slut ray, there seems to be a lack of sluts around here...........

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

applause, applause, applause

stev2244stev2244about 1 year ago

Wow, that was a lot of fun. Well done, easy 5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

Nice job! Very entertaining.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 1 year ago

Hilarious -- thanks!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year ago

So funny! Loved it and reading the final paragraph in Rod Serlingese was a great way to end it. Thanks for writing and for participating in the event.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A better-than-average tale!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Loved the reference at the end to "The Twilight Zone"...

...also loved the story for the extreme snark IN the story !

Well played !

boatbummboatbummabout 1 year ago
Loved The Dry Humor!

"His scent, a manly musk with indescribably delicious notes of teargas and patchouli?" What a great line! ;-)

Thanks for the contribution -- still working my way through the event stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Rod would've approved.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wrong category.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very nice, thank you!

And I'm still trying to decide, wether the last comment ("Wrong category") was meant as humorous as the story, or not. Anyway, I chuckled. Thank you for that, too, Anonymous.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Reads more like horror.

A_BierceA_Bierce2 months ago

A well-above-average story from an equally well-above-average author. Banking will never be the same in Centreville. I laughed so hard I had to go back and read it again.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

Lots of fun was had by all

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbruce1971@bruce1971
January 2024 Update Happy New Year's, everyone! I recently received a comment stating that I'm a smart guy who's clearly trying to do something specific, but that the reader had no idea what my point was.  It bummed me out a little. Because, yes, my stories (hopefully!) hav...