Mr. Grinch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
prinnavea
prinnavea
123 Followers

I slammed my beer on the table, spilling Amy's wine and almost breaking the glass table.

"Please, please it is not what you think, Ell didn't anything. She hardly even watched them." Amy told me through her tears.

I stood up, angered, but more hurt at the moment. I left Amy to cry as I went to the kitchen to get another glass of wine for Amy and a broom and dust pan to clean up the broken wine glass. I cleaned up the wine glass and stood Amy up and hugged her then sat her back down

.

Ell had come to the door and started spouting off about her friend. I yelled at her, something, I had never ever done before.

"Get your ass back in the house now!"

My voice carried maybe through the whole neighborhood. I frightened Ell and Amy and Ell's parents all at once. I asked Amy please be here when I return and told Ell's dad everything was going to be alright I just needed to be alone again for a time, to think.

I donned my running clothes and and audio player and went running. I ran for two hours and came back exhausted and calm realizing things had changed for who ever knows how long.

Amy was still there when I got back. I hugged her snuggly and grabbed some more beers and lead her outside shutting the door. Then I told her to tell the rest.Amy tried to take a sip of wine but her hand shook almost uncontrollably, I believe more in fear than anything.

I waited, asking her to calm down, telling her my anger and frustration had passed. I spoke very softly to her taking her tiny hand in mine.

"I believe what your telling me. I care about you and would never hurt you. So please finish this so I know what I need to do to set things right again."

Amy lowered her head, speaking almost in a whisper. I had to ask her to speak louder.

"Ok, We were sitting at the table when this dancer came over do his thing, performance. Ell wouldn't watch and kept turning away. Me, Sandy, and Beth kept egging him on, his name was Ben. We kept sticking money in his... But Ell wouldn't and we taunted her."

Amy drank half the wine in a few swallows and set it down.

"This Ben, even started in taunting, flopping his dick around and Ell was starting to get embarrassed and pissed. When Ben said 'How about just a quick kiss then?' He wrapped a towel around himself and bent in for kiss. Ell said if he would go away then she would, a very quick kiss."

"I see. That sounds reasonable." I had told her softly as she finished the wine in the glass.

"Ok, This Ben guy spotted a twenty on the table and asked how he good earn that and the three of us told him make it a good kiss. Ell added in and tell your other dancing dicks to leave her alone. Ben kissed Ell long and deep trying to earn that twenty. Um.. and.. um, Ell.."

She started to reach for my beer and I stopped her, picking up her glass. I know Amy is not a beer drinker and I needed a break, I was getting angry again. I told her take a breather and I would be right back with another glass of courage. I went in to get her more wine. I set the wine down and she took another long drink.

I let the conversation rest and Amy began to relax more as the wine took affect. Then she spoke up again after some silence and avoiding looking into my face.

"Fred, we teased Ell some more, about that kiss. Me mostly, it was a hot kiss and Ell kind.. of.. reacted to it the way a woman would. I was tipsy and smarted off. 'I bet that was the hottest kiss you ever had.' Ell just looked at me and grinned and told us no it wasn't. We teased some more asking who and she wouldn't tell us. I even went and got a kiss from, him just to see for myself. I have to say he was fucking good kisser."

I wasn't really feeling anything about what she had told me. I was taking it in, trying to figure out to get Ell to come back, and remain in control.

"I do remember Sandy and I were teasing Ell in the car about that kiss, again, being silly. Ell saying Ben came in at close second. We laughed and asked who was the best, that is when every thing went to shit. I was so fucking scared Fred. The emergency and fire crew got Sandy and me out and we watched as they pulled Ell out. I actually thought she was gone Fred."

I took her hand and pulled a little.

"Come here baby girl." I sat her on my lap.

I cradled in my arms and stroked her back as she let her emotions go and wept. I wept with her. I wasn't angry with Amy or her friends about what took place, but more about that F'ing crash.

"I am so sorry Freddie, so sorry." she sobbed

.

"It's going to be okay baby girl. These things happen and all we can do is try to get past them. No matter what happens you stay close with Ell." I told her through my tears too.

Ell's mother came out to check on us and told Amy, Ell was looking for her. I told Amy to freshen up and visit with Ell and also told Ell's mother Amy would spend the night with us.

Ell's dad came out to check on me. I was sitting in the cooler night air just thinking when he came out and sat down. I told him Amy's story.

I also told him what I had overheard a few days earlier and that it might be best for now to take Ell and go to their home. That it might actually help Ell. He put up a fuss but I assured him it might be for the best. Ell seemed agitated about being here and wanted to leave anyway.

I got a tee shirt of Ell's for Amy to sleep in and made up the couch for myself, giving my bed to Amy. Everyone else was in bed when Amy came in to the den.

She asked me to hold her. I sat up and cradled in my arms as her head laid on my chest. Soon she was sleeping and I took her to the bedroom and put her to bed. She stirred a bit and I had to cuddle her some more, soon she was sleeping. I eased my self up and went to the couch.

The next day I helped Ell's parents load up some of Ell's clothes. I was helping Ell to the car and asked if I could at least have a hug, which she allowed. It was a cooled return hug I received. I gave everyone else warm hugs and waved Amy and Ell with her parents goodbye.

I turned to go back in the house when I stopped and looked. It wasn't a happy home anymore.

Chapter 6

Amy called me two days before Christmas that year, to ask how I was doing and to wish me a Merry Christmas. I snarled at her saying I was just doing 'just fucking wonderful' before I realized what I had done.

"Well Mr. Christmas Grinch I just wanted to say 'Hi' and check on you."

I told her I was sorry, I was just having a tough time. I wished her her a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, but, that came out growly too.

She offered to come by, but I said maybe after the holidays that I was really busy with work right now. It was long after the holidays before we connected again.

I made it through that Christmas.

I stayed in touch with Ell's parents, always checking on how Ell was doing and if her memory had changed, on in to next year. Nothing had changed with her other than her casts were off and she was getting around well, with some other memories being gone.

Her dad came by from time to time to collect more of Ell's things. I finally told him after awhile, I would put her things in storage close to them. That way he wouldn't have to make that two hour drive, or try to catch me at home. It was also, so I wouldn't have to keep torturing myself.

I didn't put out or up any decorations that year for any holiday. I didn't go visit any one, not even my parents or family. My parents had called many times to see if Ell was doing any better and even wanted to come visit , or me visit them. I just kept putting them off using work as an excuse. I even rarely called about Ell after while.

Then the years started passing me.

*****

That was five years ago. My big heart shrank and shrank.

I had really became that proverbial grinch in those passing years. Even the neighborhood children and adults would not come around any more. My snarly attitude kept people away. My home, and myself fell dark.

I didn't decorate the yard anymore for any holiday, I didn't attend any neighborly gatherings. I might have attended a few HOA meetings. The only time my neighbors might see me was when I would run, which I did almost everyday usually during darker hours.

One fateful evening after Thanks Giving I stopped at a gas station to fill up. I pulled up behind what looked like a worn out little car on it's last mile. I waited five minutes for the driver to get out or move. I could see someone rummaging in the vehicle. I got out and approached the driver, it was a woman about my age. I tapped on the window as I towered over the car. The window rolled down.

I bent down and asked her what the problem was, if she was going to gas up her car or move that pile of junk. It was not in a nice manner. I heard a 'Fuck you mister' from the other side, as the woman started to tear up.

I bent lower and looked at a younger version of her in the passenger seat, then back at the woman still searching for something. I looked in the back seat and saw a pile of everything there. I looked again at the woman and she reminded me of Ell for some strange reason. She was crying now. I took a knee along side their car, they looked homeless.

"You need some money for gas." I asked tenderly.

She wouldn't look at me but nodded with tears streaking her face. I heard a horn blare behind my car.

"Ok, can I get missy over there to gas up your car. I may need to go thump on someone."

They young girl jumped out of their car a bit wide eyed and came around. I told her fill it and don't put the nozzle back just hold it. I think she was watching to see if I was going to actually thump on someone.

I walked back to the car behind mine and tapped on the guys window, it rolled down with him cursing. He was staring at my pants buckle when I bent down placing my large hands over his window track. I told him be patient we would move in a minute, in a certain tone of voice. I saw his wife on the other side with saucer eyes. I bid them a Merry F'ing Christmas, grinch style and went back to the pump.

I told the woman to pull over to the building and park when the car was filled and told the young girl to hold the gas nozzle for me to pull up. After I filled up I pulled over to them. I had figured and found out they were homeless and hadn't eaten all day, along with no money.

"Would you consider coming to my home for awhile." I asked gently. Little smart mouth spat out.

"Why so you can fuck us and dump us asshole. We're not going to your home."

"My name is Fred, but yes, asshole might fit and I was talking to your mother, I think. It is up to you two and no, I am not going to 'Fuck and dump' or anything like that. I am just offering assistance to you." I growled back.

"What, your fucking rich man's good deed for fucking Christmas." Smart mouth bitch replied.

"Candice shut your trash mouth." Her mother said then broke. Big heavy sobs started racking her body.

I reached in and rubbed her back as she bent to the steering wheel.

"Shhh, Shhh. Now see what you did little miss attitude bitch." I growled a bit.

"Look I will set in my car and wait and let you two figure it out. If you don't like that, I have another option for you."

I had just got in my SUV when Candice came to my window. She was more pleasant this time asking me what the other option was, I told her. I pay for a week at a hotel for them. She said she would tell her mother and returned to their car.

She came back about ten minutes later, shivering a bit from the cold night air. She said her mother wanted to know why I was doing this. I told her that her mother reminded me of some one I used to love dearly. She went back to their car. It was a several minutes later and I was getting ready to leave them there when Candice came back.

"Mom said she would be grateful to come to your house and talk some more. But I told her I don't trust you."

"Fair enough Candice, follow me. I will drive slow."

I really thought they would go for option two, and it surprised me.

Chapter 7

We arrived at my house and I ushered them in, turning on all the lights as I did. I even opened the draperies wide to make them feel more at ease. We did first name introductions, I asked if they would like something to eat.

I had made a large pot of turkey soup a day ago and there was plenty left and I sat them down and fed them nice warm soup and sandwiches. I joined them in the meal and smiled has they ate, thinking, my cooking must be decent or they were that hungry. Candice was going for a second round.

We chatted a little while eating getting to know one another. Candice brought up my wedding ring I still wear. She asked about my wife and all I would say was she was not with me right now and it was a long story.

I offered some wine to them as I got a beer. Betty, the mother, accepted but said Candice was still under age. I told Betty one half glass won't hurt if she would like some.

"She looks to be eighteen and I am not calling the police." That got a big giggle out of Candice.

We had moved to the den to talk about what was to become of their situation. I told Betty that the offer was still open. Stay here or a hotel.

She asked why I was trying to help them and I answered her honestly. I took a deep breath and told them both.

"You remind me of Eloise, my wife, for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it. You or you, Candice, look nothing like her and I would never want to see her suffer in any way."

I didn't tell them my whole story.

"I have been ice cold to people I know since Ell left. People and children do not like me anymore. Some even call me mean ole Grinch like from that Christmas story. I can't explain it, but I thawed out some tonight."

I almost choked up telling that tale, knowing how I had become. I added also.

"Oh, and, my full name is Fred E. Grinch too, just for your information."

"No fucking way!" Candice exclaimed. " I suppose you came from Whoville and have a little shitty dog named Max and a tiny little heart."

She began to laugh. Betty swung around and walloped Candice a good lick. I began to laugh too hearing that. Then Betty chuckled.

I stood up from my chair nice and tall, I stepped over to Candice as I put my hands on my hips. I glared down at Candice with a evil crooked smile, then bent to her face. She quit laughing and shrunk back as I spoke gruffly.

"I don't have a shitty little dog and just what is wrong with Whoville."

Candice started to stutter out a reply. I just laughed and tousled her hair, then sat back down. Poor Candice huddled up to her mother and shook, with wide eyes. She squeaked out.

"Jeezes fucking Chri.." She halted looking at her mother.

"I didn't realize how big.. he is. I.. I.. am sorry I said that."

"Neither did I sweetie, neither did I." Betty followed up meekly and softly.

I quit laughing. Now I felt bad.

"Sorry, I was just messing with Candice. I didn't mean to frighten you both. There really is a Whoville, where my family originally came from, I was born and raised here."

I told them about how Whoville came about and added there was a lot of owls around Whoville also.

They calmed quickly enough and I asked Betty what they wanted to do. I checked the time and saw it was late. I told Betty I didn't think they would get a room any longer tonight. I made a few quick phone calls and confirmed that.

"Ok would you young ladies like to get a bath or shower? Looks like your spending the night. If you want too."

I assured them they would be safe staying here and Betty said alright just for the night. Candice jumped at the chance for a shower and I showed her where everything was located. I went and prepared their rooms. She came back to Betty and I wrapped in a towel and asked her mother to get her a change of clothes. I told them I would be glad to go out and retrieve them and asked what the were in, Betty said a large suitcase in the trunk.

I got to the car and opened the trunk, which almost popped wide open by itself. Underneath the piles of bags and other things I found the suitcase. My assumption was correct. Something in me told me to open it. I found a rumpled mess of clothing and it didn't smell too clean. I stuffed it closed and took it in the house. I walked right past them into the laundry and set it down. I didn't say a word to them.

I walked back to my bedroom and found one of Ell's robe's that had been forgotten and grabbed one of my white tee-shirts. I walked back to Candice handing her those things. She took them and went back to the bathroom for her shower. She came back in the robe and handed me the tee-shirt giggling slightly.

"It won't stay on me and I need undies out of the suitcase too."

I chuckled and said let me look around some more and took the tee shirt. I found a box of Ell's miscellaneous stuff I had put up, I found a silky cami and shorts for sleeping. I took them to Candice, I saw her eyes sparkle a little as she trotted off to a bedroom. She was going to be short of panties.

Betty had went to the shower as all this clothing hunt had been going on. I went to the laundry room and dug through the suitcase finding all the undies and put them in the wash. I then went and got my robe in the closet and told Candice give that to her mother. I searched everywhere I could think and couldn't find night wear for Betty.

I took a pajama top of mine, which I hadn't worn in years. I gave that to Candice, hoping that wouldn't fall off Betty. Betty soon finished her shower and joined Candice and I again.

I had to laugh, I couldn't see her hands and the robe drug the floor slightly. I could see her clutch the robe at the neck trying to keep it closed. Candice giggled seeing her mother in the robe. Betty looked like child wearing her dad's robe.

"I see the robe fits you well Betty, how does the night shirt fit."

"Well at least it stays on with the buttons, although I could make a knee length dress out of it. Oh, I need my undies also." Betty chuckled.

"There in the washer right now Betty." I told her.

"You'll have to go commando mom, a new experience for you." Candice broke out laughing. Betty glared at her.

"Thank you Mr.Grinch, for everything tonight."

I saw Candice yawning and looked at Betty, she looked exhausted. I asked them if they would like a little more wine before going to off bed. They sat and sipped their wine as we talked, soon Candice was asleep. I picked her up and Betty and I took her to the bedroom. I held her as her mother got the robe off Candice and I laid her down. Betty smiled at me seeing the outfit Candice had on and said softly 'Nice'. I had made a mental note of the comment.

We left the bedroom and Betty started for hers when she stopped.

"Mr. Grinch.."

"Please call me Freddie or Fred."

"Fred, may I give you a kiss?"

That stunned me for a moment.

"Sure, I guess." I bent down. She placed her hand on my cheek then placed a sweet kiss on my other cheek.

"Good night Mr. err Fred and thank you again."

She looked into my eyes like searching for something as I straightened back up. Then turned and disappeared in to the room.

I was surprised at how these ladies had warmed to me so quickly, I thought they would be more cold and distant towards me. I was used to being cold and distant myself.

Chapter 8

I went back to doing the laundry. I finally washed and dried the suitcase full of clothing, dosing between loads. I finally hung and folded the clothes, then went off to bed.

I was just climbing into bed when I heard a voice cry out. I went to my door and stepped in the hallway as I finished pulling on my sweat pants. I heard muffled crying coming from the room Candice was in, I waited a moment. Betty didn't appear, so I peeked in on Betty and she was soundly asleep. I could still hear Candice so I peeked in room. She was crying, large tears running down her cheeks. I stepped in and turned the light on. She was trying to wipe away the tears, saying she was sorry for waking me up.

prinnavea
prinnavea
123 Followers