All Comments on 'Music and a Wayward Elf'

by theWriterInTheNude

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

A lovely whirlwind romance/fairy tail. Easily 5*

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

I smiled when I read about Tank. He reminded me of my late wife's hairdresser who had a very friendly dog that seemed to be full-sized golden Labrador from the shoulders up and Corgi from the shoulders down. The dog's parents must have made a rare couple. Anyway, this is a very pleasing Christmas story. I admit I was waiting for something to go wrong to add the drama but it turned out to be unnecessary given the season. So it's five stars from me.

rml65rml65over 1 year ago

Beautiful story and very well written!

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 1 year ago

Five stars, a favorite, and a comment. I hope that helps bring this wonderful story to the winter contest winners circle.

clearcreekclearcreekover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable story. 5

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

An excellent story. This was more than just a lesbian story, it was a real heartfelt romantic tale of two women in love. Your characters were splendid. I enjoyed reading it.

5stars

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Know I'm late to the party but surprised so few comments for what is an awesome story and high scorer.

Loved the whole concept and it's execution, great writing with touches of humour but a lot of understanding of anxiety attacks as well as Cait's skill in writing music to suit action. Gia suited her to the ground. A wonderful elf tale for Christmas.

5⛤

texlootexlooover 1 year ago

Your story was quite a lovely holiday romance. Yes Rachel, there is a Hanukkah Harry!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

So the first part of your story was really excellent. But there were times in the second half that it sounded too much like Jerome-bashing wasn't good enough. There were definite undertones of man-bashing going on and that soured my mood. The only thing that saved it from "Caitlin is a Lesbian who only THOUGHT that she was bisexual" was her admission that she enjoyed sex with her ex.

There were too many typos for me to flag them all, but the first major one that I stumbled across was:

"She could see a battle seen playing out in her mind. " Replace 'seen' with 'scene' and you're good to go. There was another significant item where the word 'eyes' was missing out of the sentence, but I can only copy one item at a time into the clipboard. Oh well.

I am totally okay with Caitlin discovering that Gia is her soul mate. But the implications, never blatantly spoken, that she should have never married a man, to begin with, are present in the phrasing that you used. It is also hidden behind the subtle hints that her first panic attack occurred while she was married to a man, but tapered off to nearly non-existent after marrying Gia. You can always claim that you never intended it. But if that is the case, then I will assign it to a Freudian slip. 3/5

docj27adocj27aover 1 year ago

Thank you for a beautiful and well written holiday story.

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

I had to read this twice before I made a comment. The story was phenomenal, fantastic. witty , and just plain to fun read. I have included this with my Christmas Anthology collection.

Since Caitlyn is a composer, I have something to add to Caitlyn's music "Handel's Messiah; Hallelujah Chorus" :)

Hope you have a Merry Christmas or Hannukah, which ever you prefer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have mixed feelings about this story. The first half I found engaging, intriguing, with fascinating character development. But as it went along the story became too obvious, too pat, and began to drag by the time they had sex. I found the sexual descriptions almost clinical, and I lost the spark of romance and eroticism that had begun to be developed earlier on, to the extent that when they finally got together sexually, it was anticlimactic. You are a good writer, I just feel the effectiveness, and the impact of the story would have been improved with some tightening up and judicial editing. I’m a sucker for a nice romance, and this was nearly, but not quite, great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the first part of the story, with the simmering tension and passion between the pair. But when we finally got to the sex part, I found it quite tedious, as though over-written, i.e. the use of the word 'explosive' or its derivates four times in as many sentences. Ditto a number of other over-utilised superlatives. Also, it sometimes seemed like they were running down a checklist. 'You like penetration?' 'Yes.' 'That's good, because lots of my previous girlfriends didn't.' Come on!

Shame, this story had all the makings of 5 stars and an author Follow.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017over 1 year ago

As a reader, in my humble opinion, well done in its intent, you are I feel an excellent writer, but this story felt a bit rushed in the last part. In my opinion there is room for a chapter or two more, if not many. In short, you write em and I will read em.

joeunningjoeunningover 1 year ago

Loved the story. Great character development and great build up. If Hallmark ever decides to do lesbian porn, there’s a great script and screenplay right here.

Bill669JBill669Jover 1 year ago

What a wonderful story. I got emotional reading it and I’m a srteight male. When I got to about page 5 I was so afraid you would add some tragic event. I’m so glad you didn’t I came to like the characters so much I was worried about their driving in winter conditions

Elaine_MatureElaine_Matureover 1 year ago

Love stories about people with good hearts. Not dwelling on pain but celebrating joy.

Thank you for this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So good!! I read this story to my gf heheh 🤭 thank you for writing and sharing it 👩🏻‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽

ChancharlieChancharlieover 1 year ago

Very positive very upbeat and wonderful

sadimgniksadimgnikover 1 year ago

This was lovely.

I largely skipped past the erotica (as a mostly straight male, it didn't ring my bells) but it was a genuinely sweet story, and I feel like I would love to have either Cait or Gia as my daughter.

Personally, I found the codas - starting with 'nearly one year later' - felt as if they were tacked on. But that isn't enough to stop me giving this five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fun and beautiful love story, with a fair and positive portrayal of mental issues to boot. I really love to see this kind of thing.

That said, I have to echo some other people when I say that the sex was not as engaging as the rest of it, which was odd because you had everything else going for it. Exciting buildup, investment in the characters, thirsty but tasteful physical descriptions to prime the pump...

But somehow the actual lovemaking, while it didn't fall flat, also didn't fly free. Here's my advice:

There are some sensations that words just can't describe, but you can waste a lot of words trying. Don't. Give an outline of those sensations, but leave it to the readers' imaginations and/or memories to color in the details while you keep the action moving.

Instead, focus on describing the things words can describe: actions, reactions, and attitudes. Especially the attitudes.

But also the actions. No fair to tease the giant pink dildo and then not deliver on screen!

xtrail65xtrail65about 1 year ago

Simply beautiful.

xtrail65xtrail659 months ago

Still a wonderful story, even 6 months later

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow, just wow. This is amazing. I'm a bit likr Gia (at the start of the story) in that the Holidays have lost their festive spirit, so I tend to avoid Holiday Romances, but I got recommended this via the anxiety tag, and I just want to say thank you. Its going to take more than just a story to rekindle the spirit, but I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and it help remind me that while I might not have the spirit now, theres no reason I might not get it back later.

Runner4069Runner40694 months ago

It's a great story with dynamic personalities and it brings a fresh light to mental health awareness. I really enjoyed it, it was engrossing, dun, and super sexy. The switch between Cat, Cait, and Caitlyn was a bit bothersome at times, as there was zero consistency to it, but overall it was 5 out of 5 stars for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertheWriterInTheNude@theWriterInTheNude
I work as a computer programmer in my everyday life. Writing has always been a creative outlet that I don't always get. Erotic fiction is an exciting new thing. Writing in the nude is not new.