All Comments on 'Mustang Sally'

by Fredoberto

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Great revenge! He loved his Mustang more than he ever did his wife. That was evident when he checked the car after she peeled out throwing up some loose gravel.

5

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 3 years ago

The Mustang owners in Stangstar's stories are nearly always engineers rather than lawyers, who are unerringly faithful to their duplicitous wives. The husband inevitably ends up with a younger, hotter woman, but only after finding out that their wife is secretly a cheating whore.

So this was a strange homage, in that all the roles were reversed.

OdiouserOdiouseralmost 3 years ago

Cute Burn the Bastard ending.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

I feel like the question at the end is supposed to be referencing something from earlier in the story

BestOfAllWorldsBestOfAllWorldsalmost 3 years ago

Somewhere in the universe, StangStar06 just had a panic attack out of nowhere.

TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

Really good. I get this is really about his love of his car but a bit more about how his affair started and what his lover felt about her partner leaving would have been appreciated. 4 stars

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Alternate ending???

This read much more like the beginning of a new story. Run with it!!

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Good story. I noticed that he used the same “it was just sex” argument that thousands of LW cheating wives use in these stories. It didn’t work for him either. Nice gentle British double burn Fred.

GhostdogginGhostdogginalmost 3 years ago

Should have left the car alone. Instead have Sally take him over the coals in the divorce and take half his partnership (not sure if this is how it works over there) and the Mustang. Then taunt Gerry and Tracey about how much fun her and Stuart have in it.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Love the way you brought it all together. He needed a harsher message then just disfiguring his car.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kudos for using the iconic Mustang as a vehicle (pun intended) for retribution. Gerry got hurt the only way he could understand it. As someone said, no real cars got damaged. No dead goats or tropical fish either. I think the question at the end refers to Gerry's excuse that "it was only sex", but it is also addressed to all lovers of Mustangs. Th answer has to be that it is never "only sex" and a Mustang is not "only a car", as Stangstar would undoubtedly agree.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

An ironic coincidence. Is the point of the story the adultery, the car, or the consequences? If this is an homage to Stangstar then what is there to criticize. Even an awkward eulogy delivered with sincerity is legitimate.

Thanks for the effort?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 3 years ago
A long windup

This was a long and elaborate wind-up for a floater pitch. Hit directly at second base for an easy out at first base. It was just sex, just a car, just the winning ‘out’ in the deciding game of the ‘World’ Series! Nice try, and I appreciate it!

3*

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 3 years ago

good story, I wonder if he's going to call the cops, and have her charged... because if it were him all of you would be calling for his ruination.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Good story. He was totally self-involved and the only way to reach that is to take what is most important - his material possessions.

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

***Nice story thanks for the read.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredalmost 3 years ago

Cheating is cheating, regardless of the gender dynamics. She got him good :) Bravo!!

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

GOOD STORY, PAYBACKS ARE A BITCH!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Perfect revenge. Simple, believable, and mentally painful.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

The poor Mustang. The dude needs to be shot. Oh, yeah, the paint should have been on him. 5 stars .The Bear approves. That's what happens when you let an asshole limey drive a real car.

The BEAR

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Clever plot. Droll touches. Light touch. The author gets to call his shots, but the absence of conscience and sorrow seem to be a constant with this author, which limits my ability to feel any sense of "common ground" or shared humanity with the characters, either the guilty or the innocent.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Another good short one! Running down your line of tales and enjoying them. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Glad Sally burned him and gets to move on.

RodzzzRodzzzabout 1 month ago

A table for one please and a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFredoberto@Fredoberto
Born many years ago in Glasgow, Scotland. Travelled the world, lived and worked in several countries and survived so far.