My 18th Annual Physical Checkup

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We never looked at anyone else the same way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes fluttered open to soft rays of sunlight streaking through the window. I groggily lifted my head off of my desk, my screen still cluttered with walls and walls of text from last night. As I turned my gaze towards the window, my sights locked on to a singular little egg-shaped building out in the heart of the city.

------

It was the morning of the 15th of February, and the sun beamed down from a cloudless sky, radiating a passionate burst of electric energy from its core and spreading subtle, comforting warmth everywhere its rays touched. And yet, on this morning, I found myself thinking that there was no place I'd rather have been than in the waiting room of a doctor's office.

I squeed as I imagined her reading through my writing, glancing down at me mischievously with her beautiful, youthful smile. "Let's make it a reality, cupcake."

A few steps into the waiting room, I noticed a long, narrow casket floating gently beside the window. I passed it by as I walked up to the receptionist lady, who was staring down blankly at the floor.

"Hey..." I said. "Everything alright?"

She jumped. "Oh! Hey! Yeah, everything's...everything's fine. What can I help you with?" She forced a slight smile.

"I'm here to see Dr. Vanessa. Is she...?" I trailed off as her eyes began to well up. She stepped out from behind the desk, pulling me into a tight hug, her silent tears gently brushing against my cheek.

"I'm so sorry," she said, her voice delicately cracking. "As of this morning, due to natural causes, Dr. Vanessa...has passed away."

I stared blankly towards the casket gliding gracefully in the golden light of the shining sun. Then I silently took my seat, and waited to be called for my annual physical checkup.

It was a bright morning on the 14th of February, and the weather could not have felt more alive.