My Best Friend’s Girlfriend Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, picture six am, on a cold autumn weekday morning. There's dew on the ground and it feels like it soon might start snowing. Then you see a completely naked Jack sprinting across the grass, stopping behind whatever tree or object he could find, looking around before sprinting to the next bit of shelter. All the while a few people are walking around, shocked to see a naked guy running past them."

Jason and Carrie were both laughing at my expense, when I looked over at Leah, she looked somewhat expressionless, looking down to her drink when our eyes met.

"Anyway, he made it about halfway back to our dorm before he ran smack into one of the Dean's. It was funny as shit watching him try to cover himself up while apologizing and trying to run away all at the same time." Dan continued.

"I had to go to a disciplinary review with the Dean of Students after that, I was on probation for the rest of the school year, thanks for that Dan."

"Hey, it wasn't all my idea, I wasn't the one that lured you outside their dorm, all naked on a dare. That was Leah if I recall. And Bianca cheered it on as well."

"But it was you that came up with the idea to not let me back in, forcing me to run halfway across the campus to get back to our dorm."

"Yeah, that was fucking funny. I followed him all the way back so I could watch what happened."

"Thanks Dan, what are friends for, right?"

"I had your back Jack, well, I could see your backside, running buck-ass naked across the grass." Dan added as everyone laughed, even Leah got a small smile on her face that time.

We had a few more drinks before we all called it a night. On the walk home I realized that I still hadn't said a single word to Leah the entire evening, not one. She made no effort to speak with me either, so it wasn't all on me I suppose.

Over the next few weeks, I met with my friends on different occasions, although with Dan it was again always without Leah. I was really getting into the swing of things at work as well, we had a contract I was heading up which did require a little bit of travel to Boston each week but even that was an opportunity to visit some places I had not seen in years.

As it's been three months now since I returned home, I decided I needed to get off my ass and find a girl to share my time with. I wasn't sure whether to try a dating site, or just rely on going out. But being Providence, there were a lot of college age women around, and the whole scene was something I was starting to think I might be too old for even if I was still a fit and healthy twenty-eight year old guy. Sure, a few college girls might help to take the edge off, but nothing would probably come of it. They would all leave once their studies ended.

Was I after a long-term relationship or just a bit of fun? Right now, I could do with the fun.

I headed into one of the bars that was our favorite hangout when we were all in college, this time I was flying solo though. This bar always used to have a DJ or a band playing on Friday nights and tonight was no exception. I got a beer and took up a position at the end of the bar to look out over the crowd.

Of course, there wasn't anyone I knew, it's been six years since I graduated. Even the bar staff were different, most of them were also students whose parents weren't wealthy enough to fund their studies and their lifestyle as well. The bar manager named Tom was still there though, and he remembered me from my days when I used to work here too.

"Jack, it's been a while. I thought that maybe you'd moved to Boston or New York after college. Are you just visiting or are you back home?"

"Hi Tom, I'm back home now. I was in London for four years, maybe Boston would've been better, I could've just commuted."

"Well, it's good to see you. What brings you back here? Trying to relive your college days? You were a terrific barman but a terrible patron." Tom added with a laugh.

"I wasn't that bad, surely?"

"You were okay as long as no-one was trying to hit on that beautiful girl of yours. How many times did I have to pull you off some guy that went too far? And your friend Dan, he's a troublemaker too."

"I think your memory might be playing up with you in your old age." As I laughed at Tom.

"Forty-two is not that old, you'll be here soon enough."

"Yeah, no doubt. So, what's the scene like here these days? Is it still the best place to get drunk and laid?"

"Why? Are you looking to do both? I can give you your old job back if you'd like. If you want to get the girls, being their handsome barman would be the best way for sure."

"Nah, I don't need the money, but the girls on the other hand."

"Oh, so you're on the prowl then? No longer with that girl of yours? What was her name, Leah?"

"We broke up when I moved to London, she's with Dan now."

"Really? Okay." Tom responded as he raised his eyebrows and had a weird look on his face.

"So, why don't I introduce you to someone, she works here too but she's got tonight off for once. She's here with a few girlfriends, I think you two might get along well."

"What are you a matchmaker now as well as bar manager?"

"I have to look after my staff, past and present."

"Okay then, who is she?"

"Her name's Katrina or Kat as we all call her, she's a lot of fun but just be nice okay."

"Deal."

With that Tom looked over to one of the tables, and then waived someone over. Katrina came over to join us, she looked in her early twenties, short brown hair with hazel eyes, and a nice slim figure.

"Kat, this is Jack. He used to be one of my best barmen here, he's just got back home and I was wondering if you and your friends would like to show him a good time?"

Kat gave me a quick once over and then smiled at me.

"Sure, pleased to meet you, Jack. Come on, let's go to my table and I can introduce you to everyone."

I followed Kat over and met her three friends. All four were single although from the sounds of things they all had guys they would hook up with occasionally. Typical college students in other words. I had a fun evening, at first I wasn't sure which girl I was interested in the most, but as the conversation went on it was clear that Kat was the one I liked. Tom was right, she's a lot of fun.

I woke up in the morning and turned my head to see Kat asleep in my bed beside me. She definitely was a lot of fun, more than I could handle even. It was good to finally have a bit of intimacy back in my life, if you could call last night intimacy. It was more like reckless fucking, but I needed that.

I got up and went for a shower, while I was in there Katrina joined me.

"Well, good morning Jack."

"Good morning to you, too."

"Last night was fun, thanks for that."

"Yeah, it was. I really enjoyed myself as well."

"So, would you be interested in doing this again? I don't do boyfriend-girlfriends though, I meant just for us to have a bit of fun every now and then?"

"Yeah, I would Kat. That'd be great."

With that Kat gave me a kiss before moving down to her knees to begin sucking my hardening cock. God did she know how to suck a cock.

The following week I was doing my now regular catch-up with Dan on a Wednesday after work at the same bar we had now met at several times. We usually have two or three beers and then make our way home. We were halfway through our second beer when who walks into the bar, none other than Katrina with a young guy on her arm. He must be one of her other fuck-buddies, good for her.

When it was my turn to get the next round, I went up to the bar passing Kat's table on the way. On my way back I saw her look up into my eyes as she gave me a sexy smile. I smiled back but kept walking, not wanting to interrupt her night out.

The next day I got a text from Kat, asking me if she could come over tonight for a dinner date. She said she would bring some take-out with her. I replied that I was looking forward to it, and that she shouldn't over dress.

We were sitting at the dining table with our Chinese food, smiling at one another as we ate.

"So Kat, was the guy last night my competition?" I asked jokingly.

"Not much of a competition, you got him beat easy. He was that bad I had to come over tonight just to get my fix too."

"Young guys huh?"

"Yeah, way too quick to finish, I don't think he even knows what foreplay is." Katrina laughed as some noodles were hanging from her mouth.

"He'll learn, maybe you need to teach him."

"I don't have time for that. I'm so busy at Riz-D and with my friends, the guys need to know what they're doing, or they won't get asked back."

"Should I feel proud of myself to be getting a second chance then?"

"Oh, don't worry. You can have as many chances as you want."

I smiled back at Katrina, it was nice to have someone like her. There was no pressure of worrying about a relationship, while I could still have all the fun I wanted.

"So, where is home for you Kat?"

"Trenton, New Jersey."

"Are you planning on going back when you're done at college?"

"No way. I'll be going to New York, Brooklyn probably. It's the best place to get work for me."

"Sounds like fun."

"I hope it will be. Accommodation is going to be expensive though, I'll have to find some people to share with."

We continued our meal, then made our way to the bedroom for some fun time. When we were done, we lay there in bed catching our breath, I could get used to this.

"Hey Jack, the guy you were with at the bar last night, how do you know him?"

"That's Dan, he's been my best friend since we were kids, we both went to Brown together as well. We both used to be regulars at Tom's bar too, although he never had to work there like I did. His parents are a lot wealthier than mine."

I looked over at Kat wondering why she had brought him up.

"What, are you hoping to add another guy to your roster are you?" I said half-jokingly.

"No, he's already taken."

I thought about Leah, I was still trying to get used to them being together. Hold on, how would Kat know about Leah?

"What do you mean he's already taken?"

"Claire, the pretty blonde you met at our table last week. Dan is one of hers."

I was taken aback. What the fuck?

"How long ago did she hook up with him?"

"You sound like you're jealous, are you sure you two are just friends?" Kat replied while giggling.

"Yeah, he's my best friend. He never told me he was getting some action is all. So how long ago did they hook-up?"

"She was with him Wednesday night, in fact I think they have been getting together every Wednesday night lately. He came into Tom's bar around 9pm, he and Claire were out the door like ten minutes later."

Wednesday is when I have beers with Dan. He doesn't go home to Leah when we we're done, he fucks Claire instead. Fuck, he's using going out with me to give himself cover to get a bit on the side. Dirty mother fucker, no wonder he never brings Leah with him.

"Hey, don't go messing it up for Claire, okay. I think she really likes him."

"How long? How long has Claire been seeing him for?"

"Oh, I don't know. At least nine months now, I guess. If Claire was ever going to have a proper boyfriend while she's here, it'd probably be him."

"That might be a bit difficult, he lives with his girlfriend."

"No! Really? Although, I shouldn't be surprised. There aren't too many guys like you or Dan that aren't married up."

"Yeah. Keep it to yourself though, don't tell Claire. I won't tell Dan that I know either, okay?"

"Why do you care if they know?"

"It's complicated, Dan's girlfriend used to be mine. We were going to get married a few years back. I just don't want Dan finding out that I know anything about his cheating."

"Sure, although I don't think it'd bother Claire if anyone knew."

"Still, just let them have their thing. I don't want to complicate it or get blamed for anything that might go wrong."

"Okay, I'll keep quiet."

After Kat went home, I laid in bed thinking about what I had discovered and that it raised a few questions, also a few decisions.

First was how could Dan do this to Leah? Is Leah not enough for him?

She was definitely more than enough for me when we were together. It never crossed my mind at all to ever cheat on her. Then again, maybe Dan is a serial cheater? He cheated on Bianca too after all.

Next is should I talk to him about it? Ask him why he's doing it?

I don't think so. It's not really my business, what am I going to do? Give him a lecture on morality? Besides, if he doesn't know then I can't get blamed when their relationship goes to shit.

Do I tell Leah?

This one is the easiest to answer, No.

For a start Dan is my best friend, guys don't tell on their buddies to their girlfriends, ever. Also, it would surely look like I was just trying to get Leah back. So, the answer was no, she would have to figure it out for herself. I'm not saying I'm happy about it, of course I feel bad for Leah and the position Dan's put her in, and yes, I know I still have strong feelings for her, but there's nothing I can say where I don't end up getting dragged into the middle of this.

What if she never figures it out though and he keeps cheating on her? Again, it's really none of my business any longer, no matter how much I might still care for her. I'm just going to have to suck it up, I guess.

During the next month or so both my work and social life were going well, dinner and drinks with friends, the occasional hook-up with Katrina, the weekly beers with Dan. My job was getting busier with the contract in Boston getting closer to the end, but all in all it was going well. Dan's hook-ups with Claire were still annoying me, both for the fact the he would cheat on Leah, but also that he would use me as his cover, even though he thought I was unaware that he was doing that.

On the Friday night I caught up with both Bianca and David along with Jason and Carrie at one the bars near my work. It was a fun night, but I kept the drinking to a minimum as I had plenty to do on Saturday morning.

It was early Saturday morning as I walked into the furniture store, I had been renting my furniture for my apartment when I moved in, now I was going to buy some new stuff. After picking out the dining table and chairs, I made my way over to the lounge chairs and couches. While I was looking at a few chairs, I looked up to see Leah standing beside me.

"Hi Jack."

"Hey Leah, good to see you."

"Looking for new furniture, are you?"

"Yeah, I'm getting everything for my apartment. I picked out my dining table already, now I'm looking at items for my lounge room. What are you doing here?"

"I'm selecting some furniture for a house I'm remodeling. Do you want some help picking out yours? Just for you I'll offer my services for free."

"Thanks, it's not often you can get an Interior Designer to furnish your apartment for you and for free too."

"Well, give me ten minutes, maybe go get us both some coffee while I wrap up my work and then we can do it properly."

"Okay, sure."

I grabbed our coffees, I still remembered how Leah liked hers. As I stood there waiting while Leah was dealing with the sales manager, I watched her. The way she spoke, her body movements, her mannerisms, they all reminded me of my time with her, of being with the woman I was so in love with. At twenty-seven she was in the prime of her life, she was even more beautiful now than I remembered, she still took my breath away. What the fuck is Dan thinking?

"Okay, I'm all yours now."

"Where do you want to start?"

"Well, what style are you going for? What theme do you want?"

"I got no idea what you mean, I was just picking out stuff I liked."

Leah just giggled at me while shaking her head.

"Okay, maybe we should start from the beginning. Let's go sit down and I'll take you through it all."

I spent the next three hours with Leah picking out my furniture, or more precisely what Leah picked out for me. She decided the 'theme', she decided the items, I nodded and agreed. We didn't talk about Dan or Bianca, nor did we talk about us and our past. It was good just being with her without thinking about anything else.

I had to take the Wednesday off from work the following week to have my rental furniture collected in the morning, then for my new furniture to be delivered at lunchtime. As the guys were moving my new furniture into my apartment, I got a text from Leah asking for my address so she could help organize it all. I was wondering how she knew when my furniture was being delivered but texted her my address anyway.

When Leah showed up, she explained that she had requested to be notified when the furniture was delivered, that she wanted to make sure she could arrange the furniture properly. We spent the rest of the afternoon placing the furniture how Leah preferred it, but I do have to admit it looked good. She knew what she was doing, that's for sure.

Late in the afternoon as we were finishing up, I got a text from Dan checking in with me that we were still on for a few beers, after all the work today I needed a few too.

"Hey Leah, Dan just texted me for beers. Are you going to join us for once?"

"No thanks, but can you make sure you don't keep him out too late this time? The last few weeks he hasn't been getting home until almost midnight."

"I can't promise anything, sorry."

Fuck Dan for putting me in this position, the whole time I was with Leah I never lied to her, and now I just lied to her already to cover up for his cheating. Maybe I should've just said that I'm always home by 9pm those nights, that I didn't know what he's doing for the next three hours, but I didn't say that, I kept quiet.

I thought about confronting Dan when I got to the bar as well, to let him know that I'm not going to be covering up for him anymore, nor do I like being used that way. But I didn't do that either, I decided it was best to keep them both in the dark about what I knew.

I left the bar for home before 9pm, I knew Dan was probably now going off to see Claire at Tom's bar. Again, not my business.

On Thursday night I agreed to met Katrina at Tom's bar at 8pm, I got there a bit early and went over to chat with Tom to pass the time while having a beer.

"Hi Jack, you're becoming a regular again. It must have gone well with Kat then?"

"Yeah, it did. Thanks for that by the way, you're not bad as a matchmaker. I'm meeting her here shortly."

"Hey, I look after my friends."

"Speaking of friends, have you seen Dan coming in here lately?"

"Didn't you say he's going out with your ex-girlfriend now?"

"Yeah, he is."

"So, why are you asking me if I've seen him?"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell his girlfriend, I'm not even going to confront him over it. I think he's been using me as cover to be coming here, Leah thinks he's with me all night long. I just want to know if I'm being used."

Tom shook his head with a disappointed look on his face.

"So, was Dan here last night?"

"Yeah, but not for long. He's been banging one of Kat's friends for ages, he always comes in, drinks one beer then they leave. Mind you, she's probably the longest fling he's ever had, he never used to stick with just the one girl."

"Really? He used to show up here before he hooked up with Kat's friend?"

"He's been showing up here picking up girls ever since he graduated. I can hardly remember a week when he wasn't here. And he always did well, the number of girls he's taken home, he should write a book on how to pick-up college girls."

"He did that well? Lucky guy. Anyway, don't let him know I've been coming here though Tom, or that I asked about him, okay?"

"Alright, mom's the word."

Kat turned up at the bar shortly after, greeting both myself and Tom with big hugs. We went and sat down at a table for a few drinks before we both headed back to my apartment for some recreational activities. It was fun spending time with Kat, she made me laugh as well as the fact she was a good fuck too, kinkier than what I'm used to. She liked to have her hair pulled, to be choked a little, and loved to video us fucking on her phone with running commentary. Yeah, she was a lot of fun.