My Best Friend’s Girlfriend Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On Monday I decided I needed to stay a few days in Boston, the contract I was leading was reaching the pointy end. I booked hotel rooms in downtown Boston for myself and Jason so we could be close to our clients to get as much done as possible. On the Wednesday I got a call from Leah, she was checking in with me about the linen I was meant to purchase to go with my new bed and furniture.

"Sorry Leah, I haven't had time yet. I will though, I promise."

"You don't need to promise me, it's for you after all. I just wanted your place to look good for you."

"I know, thanks for your help with all that as well. It does look great now."

"Are you going for beers tonight with Dan again?"

"No, I can't. I'm staying in Boston until Friday. I've been here since yesterday just trying to wrap up the project I've been on, I'll be happy when it's all done."

"Okay, well enjoy the rest of your week, maybe we can all catch up when you're back home?"

"Yeah, hopefully for Friday night. I could do with a good drink and some company then."

"Okay, Friday it is. Bye Jack."

"Bye Leah."

We did get the project over the line by lunchtime Friday, so I drove back to Providence with Jason riding shotgun as we were both looking forward to some celebratory drinks and good company. I was about to text Bianca when I remembered that I'd promised to have drinks with Dan and Leah, inviting them both wouldn't be a good idea.

So, I texted Dan to invite him along for drinks but got no response. When I got back into the office, I texted Dan again. This time he responded simply stating that he wasn't interested. So, I called Bianca to see if her and David would like to join us, and she agreed. I even thought about Kat, but she works most Friday nights at Tom's bar so that was a no go. Besides, that would be too much like a girlfriend type of invite, she told me she's not interested in that stuff.

We were halfway through our meal when I got a text from Leah asking if I was at the same bar we all met at last time. I let her know that we were, but that Bianca was with me. She responded that was okay, she was on her way and would see me there soon.

I have to admit I was worried, this was an enjoyable night so far with Bianca, David, Jason and Carrie. I'm not sure how enjoyable it'll be with Dan and Leah both here too. I thought I'd better give Bianca a heads up.

"Hey Bianca, have you got a moment?"

"Yeah sure." As she shuffled over to sit beside me on the bench seat I was on.

"Earlier in the week Leah asked if I would go out tonight for dinner and drinks with them, but then Dan told me they couldn't make it. That's when I called you. Well, Leah just texted that they're on their way."

Bianca let out a sigh, looking away shaking her head.

"It's been such a good night too, and we're just getting started."

"I know. Any chance you can still enjoy yourself once they show up? Maybe we put you both on opposite ends of the table."

Bianca looked at me with a steely look in her eyes. She didn't look happy about this at all.

"Just for you Jack, and just this once."

"Thanks Bianca, hopefully it'll still be a good night."

"You're going to owe me for this Jack, I don't know what or when, but you'll owe me for what I'm about to go through."

"Thanks, I mean that."

Bianca shuffled back over to sit beside David again, letting him know the awkward news. I took the last mouthful of my beer then headed off to the bar to get the next round.

As I returned placing the drinks on the table, I looked up to see Leah approaching us. She was on her own, she had a look on her face that I instantly recognized, one that meant that something was wrong.

I stepped over to her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, are you alright? What's wrong?"

"Can we talk for a moment Jack? Outside?"

"Sure."

I followed Leah outside the bar, we went a few yards down from the entrance to be able to talk privately.

"What's going on?"

"It's Dan. He's been cheating on me with some college girl. We broke up."

I just nodded and then gave her a hug. I didn't want to say that I knew all about it but had said nothing, so I kept that to myself.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really, I'm sorry for coming here and ruining your evening with this. I just didn't know who else to talk to. My god, this makes what I did to Bianca even worse." As she started to sob out aloud, tears began rolling down her cheeks.

"How do you figure that? They were over before you guys started dating."

"I should've been on her side the entire time. I just thought that he needed a friend too seeing as how you were overseas. He used my friendship to convince me that he was somehow the victim in all of it. That he was suffering even more than she was, all the while seeking intimacy from me to help him through it. I can't believe how much of a fool I was."

I put my arms around her again, resting her head on my chest.

"Hey, you'll get through this. It's not going to be easy, but you'll get through it."

We stood there holding each other for a few minutes allowing Leah to let her emotions out. Even this was difficult for me, it reminded me of us breaking up. Now I was trying to console her during another breakup, at least I wasn't to blame this time. But just holding her, knowing she was hurting right now, it was hard for me to not want to kiss her and tell her everything would be alright. I didn't want to be that guy.

"Come on, let's go inside. We can talk more in there."

"I don't think I can face Bianca right now, I think I'd start crying again."

"Maybe it's about time you two both dealt with it then? At least you both have something in common now."

"That's not helpful Jack."

"I know, but still, I think Bianca is the person you need right now, not me."

Leah looked up into my eyes with a questioning look.

"We've got too much history for me to help you through this, I'm scared I won't be able to stop myself from taking advantage."

Leah seemed to understand what I meant, she looked down at my chest nodding her head.

"I didn't mean to put you in this position Jack, I'm sorry."

"It's alright, look, wait here a moment. I'm just going to go back inside and let them know where we are, okay?"

Leah nodded back to me as I then made my way to our table pulling Bianca aside.

"What is it, Jack? She seemed upset."

"Yeah, she just broke up with Dan, she caught him cheating."

"Oh, for fuck's sake. That prick can't help himself. Where is she now?"

"She's just outside. She didn't want to come in because she still feels bad for what happened between you both. But I think she needs you right now, if you're up to it?"

Bianca looked back at me with a wide-eyed expression.

"You think I'm the best person for her to be talking with?"

"She feels terrible about what happened between you both, and now she feels even worse about it, after what Dan has done to her as well. But you were her best friend, and you probably understand better than anyone what she's feeling right now. Besides, you said I'd owe you if they showed up, well, I'll still owe you big time if you go out there and talk with her. Please?"

Bianca looked at me with an angry and frustrated look on he face, shaking her head. She stood up from the table, telling David she would be back in a few minutes before looking back at me.

"I can't believe I'm doing this Jack, you're stretching our friendship right now. And when I say that you owe me, I really mean it."

"Thanks, I will owe you, anything you want."

Bianca made her way out the front to meet Leah while I explained to the others about what was going on.

By the time I finished my beer, I realized Bianca and Leah had been outside for a good twenty minutes now. I hope I made the right decision in asking Bianca to help.

Most of the conversation at our table had been with Jason, Carrie and David, I was an almost silent participant. I couldn't help but think about Dan and Leah. I wondered how Leah found out, I wonder if she knows the extent of Dan's cheating or if she thinks this is a once off. I wonder if she still wants to get back with him.

David was texting, then got up to get the next round.

"David, did Bianca say if they were coming back?"

"Yeah, they're on their way in now."

When they got back to our table, Leah came and sat beside me, giving me a nod to let me know she was okay.

"So, did my secret plan to get you and Bianca back together work?"

"I hope so. You were right though, I needed to speak with her, it was long overdue."

"Another piece of my grand scheme fits into place." I said with a smile on my face.

"Sorry, Jack. I'm just not in the best mood to laugh at your jokes right now."

"I know, I just don't want you dwelling on all the bad stuff all night long."

"Thanks Jack." As Leah leaned over and rested her head on my shoulder.

I looked over at Bianca, and she smiled up at me, looking at Leah and I sitting close together.

"Now that's a picture I'm used to seeing." Bianca stated.

I mouthed the words 'Thank you' to Bianca, acknowledging her help with Leah.

Bianca nodded back to me before once again engaging in the conversation with the rest of the table.

I thought it best not to talk to Leah about their break-up, that she probably just needed to be around friends right now. Over the next two hours we all chatted some more, we all drank some more, I even got Leah to smile a bit more.

As we were all getting ready to head home, Leah looked up to me.

"Jack, can I ask a big favor of you?"

"Sure, anything."

"I can't go home. Our apartment, Dan's parent's own it. So, I kind of need somewhere to stay for a few nights."

"Sure, that's fine. Although you know it will be a bad look, right? You moving into your ex-boyfriend's the night you split up with your current boyfriend."

"I don't care what anyone else thinks right now, especially Dan."

"Yeah, I get that. What about your parent's? I know they live a bit of a trip away, but surely they'd be happy for you to stay with them?"

"Yeah, that's where I'm going to move back to. I just need a few days to collect my stuff, also to figure everything out. I'm not looking forward to explaining all this to them."

"Okay."

Leah drove me back to my apartment, I made us both a hot chocolate while she sat down on the couch.

"Here's your hot chocolate."

"Thanks, I'm sorry for asking to stay here, you're best friends with Dan, me being here might affect that. I wasn't thinking when you said it wasn't a good look, you probably meant for you too."

"That's okay, let me worry about Dan."

We both sat there quietly drinking our hot chocolate, I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about her break-up, or what she had discussed with Bianca. It dawned on me that I wasn't sure what to talk with her about at all, it's been four years since we broke up. So much water has gone under the bridge for both of us since then.

"Can I ask you a few things Jack? About London."

"Yeah, of course."

"Was it as good for your career as you hoped it would be?"

"Yes, yes it was. I wished that you were there with me though, you would've loved it."

"Maybe you can show me around one day."

I nodded back to her while taking another sip of my drink.

"Did you meet anyone there? Four years is a long time."

"Yeah, I dated a few women. One of them I lived with, we were together for almost a year. We broke up shortly before I moved back home."

"Was she nice? No, don't answer that, it's a stupid question."

"It's okay, yeah, she was nice. She was a mad scouser though, but in a good way."

"What in the world is a scouser?"

"Someone from Liverpool. They have names for people for where in the UK you come from. I don't understand most of them."

"So, where in London did you live?"

"Just north of the city center, near Islington."

"Did you have a car? Or just use public transport?"

"There was no way I was going to drive around London. I think you have to be half crazy to drive around there. I always got public transport, it's actually pretty good in London. It was easy to get to wherever you wanted most of the time."

"What was her name? The girl from Liverpool?"

"Jenny, Jenny Reardon."

"Do you miss her? It hasn't been that long."

"It's been about six months now since we broke up, and no, I don't miss her that much. It was a mutual decision, we were both happy to end it on good terms."

"I was just wondering what your life was like while you were away, I always wondered if we made the right choice. Both of us."

"What was your life like while I was gone? I know your career has gone well, what about your personal life? Did you meet anyone before Dan?"

"It took me quite a while to get over you, but don't get a big head. I just wasn't ready to move on too quickly. I think it was almost a year and a half after you left, for me to go out with the first guy I dated."

I started to laugh quietly to myself.

"What part of that did you find funny? That I took a year and a half to get over you?"

"It's just that it took me about as long before I went on my first date too. I guess it was hard for both of us to move on. So, the guy, do I know him? How long were you together?"

"He wasn't from here, so you wouldn't have known him. We lasted all of three dates in total."

"Just three dates? I hope you didn't put out after just three?" I smiled and gave a small chuckle.

"No, he didn't get any, we never got that far."

"So, who was contestant number two?"

"I'm glad you're finding this so funny."

"Well, you don't have to bring up every guy you went out on a date with, I was meaning what proper relationships did you have."

"Just Dan then."

"Are you serious? You two only got together after the last time I was back here two years ago."

"No, that was like three years ago. I didn't date him for about a year or so after you came home. Bianca was still with him back then."

"I came home the next Christmas from when I saw you last, just after they'd split up."

"And you didn't want to see me? Thanks for caring so little Jack."

"Well, considering how the previous time went, I didn't see the point. I just thought I'd upset you again."

"I wish you would've come and seen me, regardless of if I got upset. I can't believe Bianca didn't tell me about you being home."

"I asked her not to tell you. I didn't ask Dan though, so I don't know why he didn't mention it if you were spending time with him as well."

"He was jealous of you, that's why. He's always been jealous of you. Looking back, the last thing he would've wanted was to have me speaking with you when he was trying to get into my pants. He didn't even want me being around you since you've been home this time either."

"Really? I never picked him as being the insecure or jealous type."

"He was when it came to you and me. I always thought he felt insecure about if we wouldn't have the same kind of relationship as I had with you. That I wouldn't love him the same way."

"Was he right to be insecure?"

"Are you asking me if I loved him as much as I loved you?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Who's being insecure now?"

I smiled at that answer but kept eye contact with Leah. I wanted to know the answer.

"Alright yes, he had a reason to be insecure. I think he always knew that we never had what you and I had together. I did try to make him believe that I loved him just as much, but I don't think he ever truly believed that."

"Were you happy though, your time with him?"

"Yes. It was kind of the same as being friends with him before then, except for the, well, you know."

"Sex. It's alright, we're grown-ups. You can say it."

"Yeah, but even the sex wasn't the same as with you."

"Oh god, stop. I don't want to hear the details though of how Dan fucked you, not now, not ever thanks."

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to give you any details. I was going to say that it's different when you're really in love with the person you're with. I never truly felt that way with Dan, so it wasn't the same."

"Alright, let's change the subject, can we?"

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?"

I looked over at the clock, it was getting late.

"Sleeping arrangements. You're taking my room, I'm taking the couch."

"No way. I'm not kicking you out of your own bed."

"It's not up for discussion. You go take a shower while I put some new sheets on the bed."

Leah just stared back at me for a few moments, I gave her the stubborn look that she knew meant I couldn't have my mind changed.

"Fine, but I don't have anything to change into."

"Look on the shelf above the dresser, you have some clothes and underwear there."

"What? You keep some woman's underwear handy? And you expect me to wear them?"

"They're your clothes, I had them mixed in with my clothes when I left for London. I've taken them to the other side of the Atlantic and back, at least now it might make their trip worthwhile."

"You kept them all this time? Why didn't you throw them out?"

"I just didn't want to, okay."

"I don't know if they'll still fit me."

"They'll fit. You look just as good now as you ever have."

Leah looked at me but didn't say anything. I didn't mean to give her a cheesy compliment, but it was true, she did look just as good if not better.

"Go on, off you go." As I took our empty cups to the kitchen.

The clothes did fit her, and she slept as soundly on my bed as I did on the couch.

It's a nice Saturday morning as I woke up on my couch, getting up and stretching. I walked into the kitchen to start making some coffee when my phone buzzed. It was Bianca wanting to know if I was up yet. I responded and she told me she was already on her way over.

I made three coffees and placed them on the kitchen table as Leah came out of the bedroom, her hair all tousled and she still looked half asleep.

"Good morning, I could smell the coffee."

"Hi, this one's yours."

"Thanks. And thanks for letting me stay over. I know this must be pretty awkward for you."

"Like I said last night, I'll be fine. How was the bed? You picked it out remember so I hope you liked it."

"Yeah, it was good."

Just then my door buzzer sounded off, so I let Bianca in.

"Morning, I got a coffee here for you."

"You're a lifesaver. So, good morning to you two, I hope you both slept well." Bianca responded with a small smirk across face.

"We did, in separate rooms, of course." Leah replied.

"Don't worry, I'm just kidding. Although, that would be a good way to piss Dan off."

"I don't need that drama in my life right now, thanks." I answered.

"Okay, after our coffees we've got a busy day ahead of us. Not for you though Jack, you can go do whatever you want."

I sat there with a smile on my face, Bianca was doing her thing of being back in charge of us all again, but more importantly it meant she was going to be spending a lot of time with Leah, her former best friend. Hopefully, they were going to be best friends once more.

"Alright, I know when I'm not needed but what exactly are your plans for the day?"

"Well, we're going to go over to Dan's apartment and start packing her stuff. Do you mind if we bring it all here?"

"There should be room enough in my garage, do you need boxes? I got some in there from my move."

"Yes, that'd be great. So, after we move Leah's stuff out, we're going to go have lunch somewhere nice so we can talk. Then we're getting some drinks and we're coming back here to get drunk. Up to you if you want to be here for that."

"What, miss out on two sexy women getting drunk in my own apartment? I'll be here for sure. Make sure David comes too though, I don't need another boyfriend getting jealous with me."

"Sure Jack. Are you going to be okay seeing Dan this morning Leah? Are you up for it?"