My Best Friend’s Girlfriend Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, I'm not sure if he will be though. Thanks for agreeing to come with me Bianca, he's way less likely to try to spin some bullshit excuses with you there."

"No problem. Finish your coffee and then go get changed." Bianca ordered.

As Leah made her way to the bedroom, Bianca turned her attention back to me.

"How are you doing Jack? Having Leah here can't be easy, I know you still care for her."

"Yeah, I do. But I don't want it to look like I'm taking advantage either or to be the rebound guy. Dan is still my best friend after all."

"Yeah, I know. That's why I didn't want you around later when I talk this through with her. There's going to be a lot of Dan hating going on."

"I figured as much. Thanks for doing this too, I owe you big time."

"Don't be silly, I'm doing this for her, and for me too. You don't owe me anything for me helping out my best friend."

"So, she's your best friend again already? That was quick."

"She's always been my best friend, we just weren't on speaking terms for a while."

I smiled at Bianca's response and finished up drinking my coffee.

When Leah came back out, I gave her the spare key to the apartment and I got the boxes out of my garage and placed them in their cars. After they drove away, I figured I would go do some grocery shopping, and then maybe go somewhere nice for lunch myself.

As I was heading back out later for lunch, I got a text from Dan.

'Thx Jack. I thought u were my best friend.'

'Ur breakup had nothing to do with me.' I responded.

'It had everything to do with u.'

'Don't blame others. U want to get some lunch and talk?'

'Fuck You!'

I shook my head, how the fuck is any of this my fault? He's been cheating on Leah the entire time they've been together while I was overseas, and somehow that's on me? Fuck him. I've not told Leah anything about what I know, he doesn't even know that I know about his cheating with Claire, so what the fuck?

I got some lunch in the city and then went and sat at the park at India Point, I was still annoyed by Dan's text, self-righteous prick. I've been angry with Dan so many times during our life it's hard to keep track, we always forget about it soon enough though, just like best friend's do. I wondered if this time might be different, he's already alienated two out of his three best friends, I am next?

He probably just needed someone to blame, it couldn't be his habitual cheating of course, for that would require a bit of self-reflection. I'm not sure if Dan's ego would allow him that. Maybe he blames me because Leah spent the night, maybe he thinks I'm trying to win her back and tattled on his cheating. Who knows? I'll give him a few days to get over himself and then I'll see how he's doing.

I stayed a while at the park after lunch, I'd been here many times growing up and it was good to sit somewhere familiar and let the world go by. Leah texted me that they were home, David was there too. So, I began my walk home.

By the time I got in the door, they were almost done with their first drink. I went into the kitchen and brought out some of the snacks I had bought earlier in the day. Bianca poured me a drink as we all started to talk about everything except for the topic of Leah and Dan.

After my second drink, I got up and put some music on before heading to the toilet. As I went into the bathroom after, Bianca walked in.

"Talk about a busy day. We both needed these drinks."

"How did Dan take it all?"

"Not too well. I could tell he was angry as hell, but he didn't dare say anything with me there though. He did have words with Leah when she was in the bathroom collecting her stuff."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah. Although I think she still loves you, Jack. I don't think she ever really got over you leaving her."

"You think so? It's been four years, two of those she's spent living with my best friend."

"She was lonely, Dan used our breakup to lie and get some sympathy from her, I don't think she would've ended up with him without his lying and game playing. He really is good at manipulating people, but you know that already."

"Yeah, I do. I got a text from him earlier, I'm assuming after you guys had left his apartment. He blames me, what's that all about?"

"Leah found out he was cheating because he was using you as his excuse. He told her he went drinking with you on Wednesday night, he didn't get home until midnight and his clothes smelt like another woman and Leah found some condoms in his pant pocket when he went to bed. The dumb prick was getting too lazy to even cover his own tracks."

"Leah called me on Wednesday, I told her I was in Boston until Friday."

"Yeah, that's what she used when she confronted him, that he was lying to her about who he was with, that he had another women's perfume on his shirt, and condoms in his pocket. He still tried to deny it though. The arrogant prick thinks he can lie his way out of anything."

"So, she never caught him actually cheating then?"

"Not red-handed. But she knew he was lying, that was enough."

"Still don't know why he blames me though. Just because Leah knew I was in Boston doesn't make it my fault."

"Well, I think it's more that she's staying here. She told me he accused her of being the one cheating. He said she couldn't wait to get back with you since you've come home."

"Fuck me, seriously? He's accusing Leah of cheating with me?"

"He accused me of cheating too when he was trying to get sympathy from Leah two years ago. And I caught him red-handed too. So don't be surprised, he's got some form with deflecting blame."

I shook my head and went back out to the dining table and to my drink. I might need a few more of these. I was still intending to not tell Leah about all I knew about Dan's actual cheating, as she has already left him, I didn't see the point. Also, I would have to explain why I didn't tell her earlier.

Later that evening just after Bianca and David had gone home, I was left sitting on the couch with Leah, both of us quite drunk. Leah looked over at me putting her drink down, then shuffled over to sit right beside me.

"Can I tell you something Jack? You have to promise to keep it a secret though."

"Of course, you can tell me anything you want."

"Well, I knew Dan had been cheating on me for a while, way before just now. I just couldn't prove it. Part of me didn't want to. Where would I go? Who would I talk to? I'd already lost my two best friends, I didn't want to lose him too."

"How long have you known?"

"About a year or so, I had my suspicions before that even."

"So, was that the secret?"

"No, silly. It wasn't until I spent the afternoon here with you, doing your furniture, that I knew I needed to confront him."

"Why would that be the reason to confront him?"

"Because I realized I was still in love with you. That's my secret, please don't tell anyone." As Leah swayed a little while giggling to herself.

I sat there in my buzzed state, did Leah just tell me she still loves me? God, I hope I remember this in the morning.

I turned my head to look at her, she looked up at me, then leaned forward and kissed me on the lips. I didn't resist, I didn't want to. And I kissed her back. Within seconds we were groping each other on the couch, kissing deeply while trying to take our clothes off.

By the time Leah started to undo my belt buckle, a little bit of self-control kicked in. I didn't want to do it like this, not with us both drunk and emotional. I grabbed her hands softly to stop her.

"Stop Leah, this isn't happening tonight."

She looked up into my eyes like Bambi, all wide eyed and pleading. I shook my head 'no'.

"What's wrong Jack? Oh my god, I'm so sorry." As Leah jumped up awkwardly from the couch holding her hands over her mouth.

I wasn't sure what she was sorry for, or why she seemed to be in shock.

"Oh my god, I'm so stupid." She again uttered.

"What? What are you on about Leah?"

"I just told you I loved you and then tried to force myself on you, and you don't feel the same way."

I quickly stood up and put my arms around her.

"Hold on, that's not why I asked you to stop. Not at all."

Leah again looked up to me with those Bambi eyes.

"I don't want the first time I'm with you again to be when we're drunk on the couch."

"Okay, but do you love me still? I don't want to push this onto you. I couldn't..." I interrupted what she was saying by kissing her again.

"Yes, I still love you. That's for damn sure. But I want us to go slow. We've got all the time in the world, okay."

Leah nodded back at me, then rested her head on my chest. We stayed there in each other's arms for a few minutes before I sent her off to bed.

I thought yesterday was eventful, I had no idea I would end today with Leah and I expressing our love for each other. But right now, I needed sleep.

To Be Continued.