My Brother's Best Friend Ch. 09

Story Info
Justice, new friends, time for healing, a proposed adventure.
14.3k words
4.68
4.1k
5

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 11/19/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LV4206
LV4206
158 Followers

~Feline~

It's been another 2 weeks since Shawn, Pat and his friends wrecked Steinberg and his group of sick predators. It's the 24th of July now. My boyfriend is healing really well. His ribs were only bruised, thank God. Nothing broken. Just that slash he needed 47 stitches for along his left forearm and his left eyebrow will forever have a scar going through and along the top of it. But I just think it makes him look even sexier! He got those injuries for me, after all! I would take it all back if I could!

I hate how bad Shawn got hurt. But I'll bet Steinberg is going to eat through a straw for a year. His right hand/forearm might not ever be the same. He may never be able to hold a pen in that hand again. I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to use his dick again, either. Or if the law will finally catch up with him? Who knows. All I know is, I have the bravest strongest man and likewise for Pat, Jon, Chad, Benny and Chris. All of which were still sporting the remnants of bruised jaws, a fading black eye here, a healing cut lip there, but none worse for wear. The girls perched on all their laps didn't seem to mind.

This afternoon, Shawn picked me up from my third therapy session Mom and Dad had arranged to help me deal with what Ted Steinberg did to me. I've been seeing this really wonderful lady named Dr. Judy Etelan. She's helped so much. The combination of my loving family, boyfriend, and excellent therapy has helped me come to terms with what happened. I'm dealing with it. I just feel so fortunate that Ted never fully succeeded in his endeavors.

After only experiencing the way my father is with my mom and the most loving intimacy from Shawn, the gravity of what kind of men are out in the world scares me. I try not to give that night with Steinberg and his creeper crew much thought. I allow my thoughts to manifest, and then I move my mindset to something better. The coping techniques my therapist has given me really do help.

"Don't suppress the memories, Feline. That's only going to make your life more difficult. Instead, allow your mind to go past the moment. Don't concentrate on the memories. Move through them, taking as much time as you need. You've got some wonderful hobbies. Your car is a great coping tool. As is your computer interests. Be with friends and family. Try not to be alone too much." Dr. Judy explains in a soft demeanor.

Mom, Dad, Pat, Shawn and I spend every evening together the last 2 weeks. Board games, lawn darts, ocean swimming, or in our pool. Lots of movies and popcorn. I haven't spent one night alone. I always have Shawn and my family.

All my bruising and injuries healed up without a mark. I was the lucky one.

I look to Shawn and tighten my arm around him and kiss his cheek.

His smile over Chris' ridiculous joke turns to me, eyes shining. A breeze picks up off the ocean and lifts Shawn's blonde waves, blowing them gently in the salty sea air like a goddamn hair commercial.

He squeezes my ass. He's gotten a little more bold around Pat. Not by a lot. But, he's started to be more free with how he touches me in front of him.

"You good?" he asks me, genuinely wanting to know.

I nod, vigorously, and kiss his cheek again.

I look over at Jess and Chad. Jess is crazy into him. If I were to guess, Chad is feeling pretty close to the same way. Something about the way he holds her hip, kisses her shoulder as she laughs at the joke Chris just told. I recognize those touches.

It's Tuesday, and the guys organized another bonfire, this time at Mouse Rock. The sun is beautifully brutal as it begins its final descent over the oceans' horizon. Everyone's boards are sticking out of the sand like big tombstones. No one is wearing a shirt. Even all the girls only have little bikinis on, including myself. Except I'm wearing a semi transparent cover up over mine.

It's a simple bikini. Black. The top is tied around the neck and back, slippery swimsuit material covering my small breasts. The bottoms are low bikini style cutting right across my lower tummy below my belly button and also tied on both sides. Most of my butt is covered. A fairly common style, but it made my hips look "bangin'" and my waist look "microscopic" according to Shawn. I definitely felt cute. My cover-up is simple, black and sheer, but not too sheer as to provide some sun protection and to preserve my modesty. Shawn's the only one I feel comfortable enough to be mostly naked around.

I'm wearing a wide brim straw hat I actually managed to find in a black colour! And another pair, one of many, aviator sunglasses. These are tinted dark blue.

I had on a pair of black thong sandals, but they're somewhere on the beach with a bunch of the guys'. I dangle my legs along Shawn's calve. My toes just barely touching the sand if I point them as I sit on his thigh, and we share some margarita Jess made and brought up here for everyone. There's not much left in the two repurposed ice cream buckets on the picnic table behind us. The slush was melting fast!

I worked all through last week, so I didn't have to work this one. Paul was cool with me taking 7 days off. He hired a part-time worker recently, and he's been a great help when I had to take time off after the incident two weeks ago.

I didn't have to go back to work til Tuesday next! Which was great because the guys were now talking about this weekend and the get together they'd been planning, slowly, all of June and into July.

An overnight camping party. Maybe 2 nights. A place Ben knew. Apparently, "the bombs were incredible". No "choppy chunders". Easy to get to. Lots of places to pitch a tent. The girls would love it, Ben promised, because of how beautiful it was. And the guys would love it, because the place was "abundant in double ups that transition into the greenroom every time. Making for a macking kick outs!"

Shawn was now completely engaged with Ben's idea. Getting quite excited, especially after he turned to me, not saying a word, but I already knew what he wanted to ask. Someone brings this trip up once a day at my house, and by this point I already knew I was going.

"YES!" I agree, wholeheartedly. "We'll take Kylling. LET'S GO GET A TENT! A nice one!"

"Shit yea babe!" my lover hugs me tight.

And then Ben says he has another ulterior motive for wanting to go to this secluded spot where it was a guarantee no one else would be there. Everyone gets hush and pays attention to what Ben has to say.

"My older sister sent me some fungus." Benny smiles, glancing around the circle of his friends.

Several of us suck in our breath at once. Shawn tenses and doesn't relax.

Pat grins and smacks Ben's back.

"Fuck ya." Pat smiles and glances over at Shawn and me.

Jess laughs and says she can't wait. Chad's not set for any deployment for the near or far future. I can see him weighing the idea in his mind.

I glance over to my handsome boyfriend, and we lock eyes. Shawn is noticeably uncomfortable. Apprehensive. But I see a curiosity there.

Now the whole group is asking questions, voices slightly hushed.

"How much is there?" Nate asks as he walks over to the picnic table and fills he and his girlfriend's plastic cups full of Jess' margarita.

"3 ounces. More than enough." Ben replies.

"Holy shit!" Chad exhales. "Gonna get the whole town fucked up!"

"Hardly Chad." says Chris, leaning over and placing his elbows on his knees and linking his fingers together, looking very casual. "I've done over a 1/4 in one session. Just myself. 'Taint nothin' Could've done more."

"That's crazy." I whisper. Not being able to imagine eating 7 grams of mushrooms in one sitting. Especially when the average dose was 2-3 grams! If 16 of us do 2 grams each, that's over an ounce gone.

I'm inexperienced, sure. Some would say sheltered. I'd probably agree! But the internet is a funny place. You go down rabbit holes if you're the curious type. And I am. Deeply so!

I'd been on erowid. I've probably read every archive they have on psychedelics, weed, other substances. Lots of video channels are completely dedicated to, well, drugs. I've hung out on forums late at night. Reading, voraciously, the experiences people have had and then heading over to actual scientific and government studies that had been done on all different kinds of drugs. Peer reviewed studies! Reading those findings was a trip in and of itself, a lot of the time. I especially liked to research LSD and mushrooms. Those two really piqued my interest. The sky's the limit as to information on these topics. I've even checked out books from the library. Timothy Leary comes to mind. Lots of Joe Rogan podcasts. His DMT experiences sound absolutely insane.

Shawn's grip is now tight on my hip. He's doing that adorable thing where he chews on his lower lip, in deep thought. His eyes are steady as he looks on each of his friends as everyone asks questions of either the camping/surf trip itself or about the mushroom trip Ben wanted everyone to take with him.

"I've already done some, with Kelly. Right Kel?" Ben nods at Kelly, who is sitting on Ben's lap, enjoying her sister's margarita. She nods, her eyes wide and her smile even wider.

"They're amazing." is all she says.

"See." Ben grins. "Nothing to worry about." and he levels his eyes over at Shawn and me.

I'm instantly embarrassed. Shawn, who always laughs when I blush, is too distracted by Benny's stare to notice.

"You've never gotten fucked up with me, Shawn. Come on man. For old times sake. We're getting older. I mean, how many more summers like this are we all going to have? Together. Live a little brother. Come have a trip with your best friends!" Ben is nodding as he's saying this, running his hand up and down Kelly's tan leg absentmindedly.

Even Pat agrees.

"I'd love it if both my sister and my best friend would at least come on the camping trip with us." he's voice is soft now. "I'd especially love it if they would come trip balls with the rest of us! I know Feline would be so into this, I think if Shawn is with her, he'll have a great fucking time."

"Are you kidding?" Nic's incredulous laugh. "Shawn will have us belly aching from laughing all night. Dudes funny."

"Come trip with us, broski." Nic's brother Nate says, agreeing with the group. Everyone is nodding now.

"Ya! No pressure or anything, Shawn." Jon chuckles, realizing just how much everyone actually was trying to get Shawn to agree. "Or you Feline. But come see Never Never Land with us! It'll be stellar!" Jon, who is on the other side of us, smacks Shawn's shoulder and then grips it before letting go in a bro gesture.

Shawn looks at me again. His body not so tense anymore. The curiosity I saw in his eyes earlier is looking like it's starting to win over his apprehension.

I've already made up my mind. Years ago in fact! I just lacked the confidence to sample anything as yet. I always knew my brother Pat had tried a few things. He told me about them after, needing a person to confide in. I never would've ratted Pat out. No way! That's sibling code! I actually really enjoyed his stories. Even a few of the bad trips sounded kind of exciting! In a strange, almost nightmarish way. He asked me, once, if I wanted to. With him and the guys. But I was exceedingly shy and couldn't bring myself to go with them. That's changed so much in the last few weeks with Shawn. His praise and encouragement have bolstered my self-esteem so much. I often feel brave. Which is a new emotion for me entirely.

"I want to." I say out loud to the group. Then I turn to Shawn. "You don't have to, baby. Just be there with me, ok?"

"Well shit, I'm not going to just let you trip alone for the first time, Kitten." Shawn sighs. But he's smiling, and I believe he's resigning himself to the idea of eating mind-altering substances with all of us, as not that much reluctance is left on his face or his eyes.

"Is that a fucking YES, Shawny boy?" Pat's childhood nickname for his BFF is adorable. And several of the girls giggle.

"Goddamn it. You fucking assholes. Yes." Shawn nods. "Ya. Ok, SHIT YES!" he's actually excited now. I can sense his curiosity has completely won over fear or apprehension.

"This going to be your first time?" Chad asks both of us. A look of disbelief on his face.

I nod. So does Shawn and I look over at him actually surprised.

"You've never done mushrooms?" I ask him, so sure he had been on at least one of these trips with his friends.

"Nope. I've never even tried smoking the devil's lettuce yet." Shawn shakes his head and as several of the guys rip on him, but almost everyone's laughing at Shawn's use of a horrible, old-fashioned grandpa reference for weed.

"HEY! No fucking with the newbies! GUYS!" Ben's voice becomes authoritative all of a sudden. Everyone turns to look at him. "If we're gonna do this, we're all united as one. We do them together at the same time, and we stick together. No negativity. No fucking with people. I want this to be the most epic fucking trip to end all epic fucking trips. With you guys. My most favorite people." with that, he nods and sits back. Kelly kisses his cheek.

"Good fucking call, Ben." Chris affirms, nodding. Ben and Chris were close, like Pat and Shawn. They were first cousins, and grew up together, being only a year apart in age. They were sort of known for being the "bad kids" of the group. Meaning, they liked drugs. And partying. But neither of them did anything truly hard. "No powders!" I remember both of them saying, often.

"Ya, definitely good call." Jess agrees. "I've seen too many people get turned off or worse from having their first trips ruined by some dick."

With everyone now completely on board, the 16 of us start to make plans. 8 girls and 8 guys. The camping trip to end all camping trips.

By the time the sun has set, everything is highly planned out and organized. Kelly started a list and task assignment on her phone and even started a "Camping trip" text group with all 16 of us now joined.

Everyone basically knew what part they were responsible for. Ben wasn't sure if more than 5 cars were going to fit in the small parking lot in the secluded surf spot, so we had to organize who was going with whom.

Pat and Angie were taking a ton of gear. Shawn and I were travelling alone as we were taking a lot of stuff and my Firebird can only hold so much. Chad was going to take almost everyone's boards in his giant truck with Jess. Nic has access to one of those massive vans that seats 10 people. Those seats are quickly filled, and Chris says he'll take everyone's backpacks and tents in his SUV.

Nate was bringing 3 folding tables and a ton of camping chairs. It was all coming together quickly.

Shawn and I made plans to go shopping in the morning. Get a perfect tent and Shawn suggested a giant King size 3 1/2 inch memory foam for our bed! Wow! Now that's a luxury sleeping situation. He just shrugged.

"Plus, I want something comfy to lay my beautiful baby down and fuck her brains out all night long." Shawn whispers in my ear and laughs as even still my cheeks turn fire red.

I'm so tired from getting so much sun that day that sliding into my boyfriends sheets on his huge comfy bed was the best feeling ever that night. Shawn checks me over beforehand for any redness, seemingly satisfied with his handy work of keeping me well covered in 60+ SPF every single hour. I'm not complaining. Would anyone complain about getting, basically, a full body rubdown every hour? By a real hot guy with really strong and capable hands?

I yawn and kiss Shawn's chest as he holds me.

"How are they?" I ask, sleepily, running my hand over Shawn's still quite visible bruising along his entire left rib cage.

"Actually not that bad anymore. It's just the soft tissue, right? Not the ribs themselves." he runs his hand over mine affectionately.

"Dr. Lindesson." I smile at him and he starts to laugh.

"One day, by God. Hell or high water. And all that!" Shawn grins.

"That'll be wild." I say. Imagining him in his white coat. Hair tied back in a ponytail. Clipboard, Stethoscope. Hot. Holy shit. That's HOT! I might have to get one of those ridiculous sexy nurse costumes for fun one night when he's a bona fide doctor.

"Actually, it's more the arm now." Shawn brings my hand to the large, protruding and healing lumpy line down the top of his left forearm. The jagged staples and healing scab run from inner elbow to outer wrist. It's warm to the touch. Heat from healing. Nothing is puckered or gross looking, though. It's doing really well. No infections. So that's good. Yet, I frown. And sigh.

"Baby, none of that." Shawn brings me out of guilt with a soft kiss. "My choice. My decision. I knew the potential risks." he looks at me deeply. "Worth it. Beyond worth it. Knowing you're totally safe from that fucker and that he can't hurt any more women...Worth it. Not even second guessing for a microsecond."

Shawn kisses me so sweetly and softly and gently...I get so emotional when he kisses me like that! I feel like I'm going to cry, and I take a deep, ragged breath in.

"No crying, Kitty Cat. It's over." he murmurs. "Done. Dusted."

I nod into his chest and choke back my intense emotions.

"Thank you, Shawn." I whisper.

He smiles down at me. "For what?"

"For this." I rub his developing arm scar, then his ribs, then I reach up and gently touch his left eyebrow, feeling that raised cut as it healed.

The noise he makes is soft, appreciative.

"You're welcome, baby." he turns to look me in the eyes. The moonlight coming in the window behind me casting an ethereal glow on my elven viking god. "I love you, you know."

Well, that was all it took. With a cry, I take his lips with mine, and my eyes flood and spill all over our cheeks as we kiss and kiss and kiss.

I swear, we kiss until we fall asleep. Kissing. That's all. Just deep, gentle, passionate, loving kissing. Probably for an hour. I've never been so wet in all my life and still, yet even more kissing. I feel I will die from the sweet passion of it all! But I don't. I'm still here. And I'm the happiest girl alive in the arms of Shawn, the man I love.

************************************************************************

In the morning, Shawn takes me to a local place for pancakes, bacon and eggs. Then we head up to Cambria, which is about a 25-minute drive north up Cabrillo Highway. It's about 3 times the size of Cayucos and has some bigger box chain hardware, hunting, fishing and camping outdoorsy stores we'd need for our adventure that was starting on Friday!

Shawn's driving Kylling again, and we both let our hair down in the wind. We're talking about how excited we are about this weekend. The sun is beating down, the breeze is amazing. Neither of us has a care in the world. Shawn reaches over and squeezes my knee gently, grinning at me.

I don't remember the name of the store we're in. It's some kind of upscale hiking and camping store. Shawn is talking to the sales clerk, finalizing the purchase on our new gigantic tent. It's flipping huge! Shawn can stand up in the middle of it! Then he got us matching sleeping bags that can zip together into one big one. 2 new giant coolers that have a built-in rechargeable refrigeration unit that can connect to any USB device. He bought this really cool portable solar-powered power bank that has 4, grounded outlet plugs and several USB slots. Great invention! Then he found these super comfy looking camping chairs. Well, it's more like a set that you can piece together with a table in the middle or the two chairs together and a table on the outside. Really cute! And comfy. We can cuddle together! At the end, he got us each a flashlight. The sales staff must have seen him coming. He buys almost everything they suggest. That Sapphire card is getting flexed today. Damn.

LV4206
LV4206
158 Followers