All Comments on 'My Dilemma - Redux'

by CharlieB4

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 9 years ago
Mature to a fault finish !

I'm partially to blame for being one of the horde of commentators urging a conclusion to original story. The skill of the author made my stomach do triple flips of empathy but here were only sympatico twinge to be found . The narrator decided to ' be the hero ' ad nauseum. What was really revolting was how the wife came off as clean as Teflon after gangbang and foisting off kid sired outside of marriage.

The husband pays for that folly AND LOANS her money for new house and kisses her at wedding after watching that video ? I get that Jane is not evil incarnate and shouldn't be doused with rocket fuel and torched. But somehow, someway her menage ĕ quatre should have hit home on a fiscal or social level.

Instead ultimately, only the narrator shells out on vocational, fiscal and emotional level (by way of limited access to kids) for HER prolonged AND premeditated carnal spree with Nosey which concluded only because he introduced droog ( A Clockwork Orange ) friends and anal into extramarital equation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
well

The best part was the Marriage Counselor who wanted to see the gang bang video.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
AT WHAT POINT DOES HYPOCRISY END

and secret lifes emerge. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
She got the gold mine,

He got the shaft. I suspect this story may be to close to the truth and thats never going score well.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 9 years ago
You love each other but you should get a divorce?

Wow. That's your solution? "You love each other but rather than making the decision to work through your issues, you should just divorce"? Guess all marriages should be abolished since divorce is your natural fucking conclusion.

Not even a good jerkoff story. Thanks for nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Your Kidding with This Right?

Wife skates .Husband pays.Wow! How.original.No vote Sorry Charlie just not plausible even for fiction.Sci Fi maybe?

impo_61impo_61almost 9 years ago
As predict by the writer...

As predict by the writer...Reading the comments we can understand that the end in part 1 was the best solution!!! This ending wasn't meat nor fish...And being so, can't please Greeks nor Trojans. For me the part that wasn't right was: "They were in love with each other"...If that was true and after 16 years between the discovery and the facts, they would have found a solution to forgive each other. For me the real problem wasn't the daughter having another blood father. The problem was the disrespect she showed then day after day. It wasn't just one time error...She did it time over time, even when she wasn't drunk!!! The worst being when she make him wait in the parking lot while she fucked the lover...She wasn't drunk then...And that matter never was approach in this ending!!! She didn't loved him then...maybe never...That's why she took so little time to find another husband...so only 2*...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
gave it a 5

for your effort

RePhilRePhilalmost 9 years ago
Nice vanilla story

Written superbly with perfect pace and dialog. It seemed that there was no buildup to a climatic ending. But What does a guy who can't write know!

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 9 years agoAuthor
My Explanation.

At the end of my first version I said I wanted any other authors who attempted an ending to be true to the characters.

In my attempt I tried to do that. In chapter one Jane walks all over Mike. In the way she talks, the way she acts and he takes it. As Harry from VA pointed out in a comment after my first story; what man, with all his suspicions, forgives all after a quicky in bed. Someone who is so dedicated and blind to his partner's actions he is prepared to overlook the bleeding obvious, his wife been fucking somebody else, in the hope that it is going to be alright in the end.

Basically Mike's a wimp, he watches rom/com's and believes in happily ever after. I'm my mind he thought it was all going to work out even as he was walking her down the aisle to another man. She would realise her mistake and run out of the church with him. Only at the reception did it finally hit home, it was over and in the last exchange with Jane maybe she realizes what she's given up as well...maybe.

Hey it's an ending, be careful what you wish for.

CharlieB4

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 9 years ago
Rebuttal to Charlize 84's explanation

This tale rings so false because you can't be a successful farmer who busts ass 12 plus hours for land to build something against all odds and then meekly surrender that dream so reformed slut wife can start life anew after being caught in 14 plus year lie and fraud . I grew up on a farm . You deal with her like a parasite attacking crops.

Jane should be excised and excused from his life firmly and finally with a modicum of decency only due to legalities and the fact that she is a co-parent to narrator's actual two kids. This story is what happens when people with city sensabilities write about their urban counterparts. Charlie 84 , I appreciate your effort but you went out of your depth on this one.

You can be a wimp or be a prosperous farmer who made something out of nothing, but you can't be both.

mike9698mike9698almost 9 years ago
total dogshit

hated this fucking crap even worse than the first chapter. i wont be reading anything else you fucking write you damn pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Realistic

The bitch isn't always burned. This is a more realistic denouement of a marriage. A five.

BriteaseBriteasealmost 9 years ago
A lot of damaged men out there.

Then again, I suppose it was women that caused it.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
I have to agree with Mike9698 on this

I don't see it as the same. He cheated, with 1 woman, no kids. She's cheated with a couple of guys for a longer time and had a kid. She got the ultimate revenge. She made him a true in every sense of the word. And as far as the realistic comment, If you find out your wife cheated on you and didn't tell you, had you and a kid waiting for 40 minutes. Then you find out she was cheating and you wait to weeks to confront her then your a pussy. If your rich and trying to hide money that something different. And from the attitude she got the ultimate revenge fuck. Also he tells the daughter he cheated, to make himself look like the bad guy but what of the mom?

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 9 years ago
I concur with Britease

There are a lot of evil people out there, not just women but people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
So sad.

But well done. It always amazes me that commenters gripe about whether or not they like how one or the other or both of the wife and husband were punished. They don't comment at all about how the story flowed, rarely about the grammar, or were the characters and the story believeable? This one rates a 5 on all counts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
what about

Who sent the pictures and why waite to send the video . What was the reson for this person to do this and to many unanswed questions.This man was a total pussy and wimp in the first one then a simplton in the second ch.To me the story was not well thought out and the end didnt match the first so you got a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
let the daughter think it was him that fuck up

and let nosy get away free,that sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well-written, Interesting

But a totally depressing story of a pathetic man being hosed by a complete bitch.

He couldn't even bring himself to tell the truth to Jenny. Some guys just deserve to suffer.

How do you rate a story that's so well-crafted and gripping but spoiled your day?

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 9 years ago
How do you rate

Simple. This is a two. The author got full marks for writing style and a negative mark for content.

francis_toliverfrancis_toliveralmost 9 years ago
Well written

but in the end it was unsatisfying. The resolution of this type of story isn't whether the marriage continues or fail. The resolution of this type of story is how the main characters resolve the emotions involved as a consequence of their actions. You fail to provide that resolution either through conversation or the thoughts of the people involved. The closest you come is when you have her say "I don't hate you, I hate myself". Unfortunately this doesn't come close to the need interaction in order for the reader to feel any sense of closure on their relationship.

Why didn't they ever talk about what they were feeling with each other? Human beings do that. Why didn't they say they were sorry? Human beings do that as well.

No heart felt conversation or tearful expression of emotion, just many months of cold anger and then separation. While things might happen that way, it doesn't make a satisfying story as you provide no introspection or insight as to the why for any of their actions. Why did she become made after twelve hours when she wasn't previously? Why did he not say how hurt he was? Why did she not say why she did what she did or how hurt she was about his cheating on her? Real people in real relationship talk about these things.

Unless they are emotionally stunted or repressed (I understand some of the English have this kind of repression going on in their culture). Most folks want to understand and to express. Your characters do neither. In the end the lack of resolution leaves us...unsatisfied.

On a happier note, it was well written and quite gripping even as it was so unsatisfying. Please keep at it, I will keep reading. You have lots of potential and already have a mastery of a great deal of your craft.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
No Britease

They did it to themselves

L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well done!

There have only been a handful of good stories thus far this year. This is definitely one of them. The only issue I saw that was left unresolved was Jenny's paternity.

It would have been far more satisfying if the truth of her dubious paternity had been revealed. Jenny was old enough to know the truth and she would also know that Jane too had feet of clay.

Nonetheless, a well-woven tale. Full marks!

(tiger46)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
nice story

I thought it a nice story. I hoped they would stay together. I she'd a tear or two at the end. Very good

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

I’m sorry, but his fling with Michelle does NOT equate to what she did! Yes, it was wrong, but she was REPEATEDLY staying out all night, was cheating on him for TWO MONTHS by her own admission, took part in a gang bang and foisted off a child that she HAD to know at least MIGHT not be his on him.

Cripes, she was apparently at least fooling around, if not already fucking around the FIRST weekend of the football!

For her to now try to whitewash her actions because of his on weekend slip-up is what is “hypocritical”!

The fact that Jane refuses to accept that her offense was greater than is argues against any reconciliation.

SHE comes on to him, then is uncomfortable sharing a bed anymore? Then SHE should sleep elsewhere, not him!

I don’t fault him for admitting HIS cheating, but to not tell he about Jane, and about her parentage is wrong!

Going to Jane’s marriage is one thing, though I can’t see it myself, but actually PARTICIPATING by “giving away the bride”? No way in HELL!

And has anyone told Jenny yet about her father?

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 9 years agoAuthor
Hey LSD, you might have stepped over the line.

"This story is what happens when people with city sensabilities write about their urban counterparts."

I take it "urban" was supposed to be rural. After the first version Harry accused me of being a Brit, that was bad. Now you are saying I'm not from the land? That's worse. As I sit here this dull wet morning contemplating going out to check my lambing ewes in the rain I wonder if you need to read the story again.

The only time I think Mike comes close to snapping is when the farms sale races through ahead of his expectations and Jane tells him she moving away. His initial thoughts of a protracted time in limbo are dashed. Then he is thrown a life line by the new owners. He gets to keep the family nest for his "bird" to fly back too and he gets paid every week. Something as a farmer I can assure you doesn't always happen.

bruce22bruce22almost 9 years ago
Gripping Story

and that is my reason for reading here. I have to admit that our farmer was wimp but let us hope that the vet is first class. Basically Jenny had no answer that would not hurt her. I think that he chose the lesser of two evils.

robinhodrobinhodalmost 9 years ago
I seem to be alone

in thinking that the second part improved on the first. Altogether a very fine effort.

Not without flaws, as others have pointed out, but an excellent read. Well done!

I imagine that if John Steinbeck had posted a story here he would have got some negative reviews.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Shit Redux

!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

How could she act like the local pig do a gangbang and be pissed at him. She only let him cheating go because of what she did. I really hate cheaters especially married ones who act like slobs and make there husbands look like dumb fools while they humiliate him by totally abusing his wife and talk about how they don't care about him and what he thinks about them fucking her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
very good story

I felt the story was well done, I do have one interesting observation, Mike was never a wimp, instead a strong man with character, yes he did cheat once, Jane had several affairs while married to Mike all captured on video and pictures. I will say the ending did throw me, you have Mike giving away Jane to her bosses son at her wedding? Wow, did the two of them patch things up. I mean, both Mike and Jane almost go to jail for assaulting the marriage counselor! I do have a comment, Jane's affairs occurred what 14 years ago, at least in the story, and nothing since, so with her secret, Mike never knew one of the children was not his, and never would have either. Makes me wonder how shallow we have become. Here is a mistake in judgment by Jane and nothing since, so you have a family, still with a secret, but a family. Now after the video and pictures, there seems to be no room for second chances. Now we see a wedding and Jane is now remarried moving on with her life and basically traded up, no more having the husband track in the smells of the farm, no more wishing for a better life, Jane basically married into money as the way I see it. While Mike is seeing a vet? at least so Jane says, which also makes me ask, if you jumped into a relationship with the son of your own boss, and now marrying again the second time or marriage #2, why are you including your EX? what is the point, and why are you keeping track of poor Mike? Is the guilt of Jane's actions so deep that the marriage failed because she (Jane) cheated, lied and concealed her infidelity which also included a child was born because of those early alcohol sex twists with nosey? If her guilt is that bad, then her second marriage will not last. This new husband will find her (Jane) with Mike when he is alone or relationships don't work out. and time will tell ( I know its a story) that perhaps Jane will come to realize that she should have fought more for her marriage to Mike and in doing so would have never divorced in the first place. Mike is the man that defines a husband and life partner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
wow this is fucking hideous... HOW is a 1 time fuck at a conference EQUAL to WEEKS of cheating practically in front of him..?

even worse 5 pages of this shit...the wife screams about michelle and the wimp spineless husband somes to forget that his wife INTENTIONALLY fucked around on him. ?.in PUBLIC... With people they BOTH knew

and she did so many times

even the husband 1time cheat did not result in a baby

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 9 years ago
5* story telling

This is one of the reasons why I come here, a great story idea well executed.

But your dilemma now is... I rather think we need a part 3!

Oh, and those dag trolls? Ignore 'em!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well written sad story

I didn't like the first version and feared the author would have Jane get into a threesome with the Americans in Mike's attempt to spend quality time with her. I didn't read CharlieB4's comments before reading the story or I would have scored it lower than the 4 I gave it. This story is disturbing because it is so imbalanced. I got the same feeling after reading MM or DQS. The husband takes so much shit: wife is the town slut who even has her exploits recorded on film and video, foists another man's child on him and she tries to say they were even when she learned he had a short fling with a stranger. Mike is a farmer. Jane resented being a farmer's wife and made him miserable.

No one would have done what Mike did for his ex. He gave up the family farm, took the hit for the breakup by telling his illegitimate daughter that he was the one that cheated. There is no discussion about this later. That confession would have destroyed the relationship with his kids. Charlie then has him buy his ex a house and then give her away at her wedding. Has anybody ever heard of that happening when the ex was a serial cheater?

In his comment, Charlie describes Mike as a wimp who expected Jane to come back to the old homestead. I did not get that impression. Mike knew it was over with Jane. The only lucky break he got in this whole story was when he got a good price for his farm and good pay to run it. Charlie didn't even give the reader the chance to see that he came out ok; good relationship with his kids and love interest with the vet.

I wish Charlie didn't persist in fucking over the husbands in his stories. I did think the paragraph where Mike gives his philosophy of the life of a farmer as someone who deals with the shit he can't control was profound and the best part of the story. That person is not a wimp but has the patience of Job.

reasonable man

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
You know CharlieB, I think I gotta hit you with a 5'r

That was quite good. I forgot you ended the story with him running off, incomplete it was!!

This was well done, very well done, and I salute you for it.

Cant find anything wrong, except her attitude was a bit high and mighty for being a gangbang slut while married, and conceiving another's child. She shoulda been quite remorseful about all that, and maybe this whole thing coulda been healed. I know Mike cheated, but his was understandable, and he didnt sire a illegitimate child.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
MATTBLACK UK

dude when many readers are complaining about the CHARACTERS inexplicable action/ behavior in the story... that is not trolling. Indeed when most of the readers say the same thing it should be telling the author that something is wrong

of course you are British so there is that

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Harry, Get Your Geography Right

Charlie B4's location is Australia. Calling an Aussie a Brit is possibly the greatest insult one could up with.

FavoredFavoredalmost 9 years ago
Biased 5*

After reading some of the replies I can't help but throw some spare cents in of my own. When first reading through I too was almost gut-checked with the rampant, uncomfortable emotions that parallel the characters in this fantasy. I felt so compelled to argue points and change plot lines, but then after the 3rd or 4th read through I realized that it is a work of fantasy, it's not supposed to be happy, and it's more real than many would like agree with. Well done Charlie, your story was immersive and emotionally packed. The fact that there are so many detractors due to plot is just proving your skill as a writer. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
He should have divorced her and not sold the farm

Mike should have told Jane he would divorce her and give her part of the savings but not sold the family farm. He should have threatened to share the evidence of her behavior and sued her lovers to determine paternity and get repayment for child support. Jane showed no remorse but lashed out when she was caught. She was ready to move on to the new job even before Mike discussed a separation. She would have happily run to the new job to get off the farm. She did not love or even like Mike or she would not have behaved like she did.

Who sent Mike the pictures and video? What was their motive?

mcbsmcbsalmost 9 years ago
Her lovers got off free

The weakness in the story, is that the three guys who gang banged a married woman got off free. At the very least, the biological father of Jenny should have been sued for back child support.

I agree with some of the other commenters who correctly pointed out that his one time affair at a conference, doesn't in any way equate with her actions. In spite of my criticisms, overall I think Charlie B4 is a talented writer. I would advise, Charlie, that, in any future stories, you take into account some of the constructive and undemented criticisms of this story. Best of luck to you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry this is no better than the first

no penalty for anyone, the wife was a slut and whore and came out all smiley and married. To bad you cant find a karma, glad it wasn't RAAC

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 9 years agoAuthor
i promise this is my last post,

Thanks for all the comments, the original was divisive and so was the second version, I expected an intense discussion.

A number of comments think I'm always hard on the husbands in my stories, maybe I am but I don't plan to be. In fact I don't plan at all. I have no idea how real writers do it but for a scribbler like me the characters are in my head and they tell me the story. Sometimes they disappear for a while and I go on with something else. I'll go back and read over a draft sometime later and they will pop back in and away I'll go again.

Quite a lot of the other comments say what happened was unrealistic. I may have pushed the envelope with the wedding scene but for the most part I thought I was too realistic. An unrealistic ending for me would have been Mike going Rambo on Nosey and his cohorts. Manipulating the legal system to kick a penniless Jane out on the streets and to top it off find a gorgeous younger women who is a perfect mother to his children, who cooks, cleans and polishes his knob whenever he requests it. Mike didn't have it in him, he was a nice guy and unlike in the movies nice guys quite often finish last.

Now to Jane, evil cuckolding whore foisting an illegitimate child onto our unsuspecting hero? Money grubbing slut who used Mike up and spat him out when something better came along? Yeah, you can argue that. I don't follow that line myself but it's arguable.

To me Jane made a mistake, yes, it was the biggest motherfucking mistake a wife can make but she tried to keep it together after that. She couldn't have known Mike wasn't the father of their eldest until Mike did the tests. She slept with four guys in twenty four hours and one of them was Mike. Not great odds i admit but she could fool even herself. Jane wasn't a pleasant character, she was domineering and sarcastic. It would be fair to say she wore the pants but for me I still think she loved Mike.

The farm is interchangeable with any obsession. Mike could have been a car dealer who spent an long hours working on his fledgling dealership and didn't keep up with his wife's movements. I wrote about a farm because it's what I know, I know it gets in your blood and I know it can become an unhealthy obsession. Why do you think that there is such a high suicide rate amongst those who choose to battle the elements to make a crust? As to Mike having to sell it, I don't know of too many corners of the English speaking world that don't give the wife half of the assets in a divorce.

Finally I did write a few more paragraphs in my original draft that dealt with Mike's relationship with the vet and his daughter. Reading it back before I sent it to the editor it just felt like an added on justification. Yes Jane did well but so did Mike, see how clever I am? So I cut it off and decided to take the flak instead.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

Cheers

CharlieB4

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Charlie

Just finished and the only comment I read was yours. I believe this is fairly realistic bu the wife was a bitch. Mike made all the concessions, was the only one that tried to salvage the marriage, was heroic in taking the blame with his non daughter while the wife showed no remorse or contrition. What can be worse than what the wife did for months ending up with a bastard child an then having the nerve to compare it to a one time dalliance of Mike's. Still a good story. Mike deserved better. I wonder did Jane ever come clean with Jennifer about her own culpability or was she content to let Jenn believe Mike was the sole cheater.

Anon.1

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
Charlie actually you comemnts made things worse

It shows you have HUGE fucking blind spot -- you are simply unable to see why folks react the way they do to your stories

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
First-- too Much bitching about the comments

Yes it is 100% Legit to make comments about the plot & characters in comments section I have seen some assert in this story and the 1st" My Dilemma" and other stories that it wrong or in "bad taste" for readers to bitch about the plot and or characters

Look..... it is one thing to say " I hated the wife she didnt suffer enough". That sort of comment is not very useful to either the author or more intelligent readers

BUT when numerous commentators-- not just anonymous trolls- are talking about the inconsistency of the main character or how certain actions and words and behavior are totally without foundation or explanation then those comments ARE indeed talking about how the author developed this story.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
Harryin VA strikes back -- CHARLIE dude you are NOT getting this at all

Since I figured so prominently in author's comments I figure it is time for me to chime in. First I have to ask the author-- are you REALLY this stupid?

For the idiots out there --READ this carefully NONE of my comments are about the plot or the wife or the husband etc

RULE #1 Extraordinary events (action behavior words) REQUIRE extraordinary explanations.

I know its really basic right ?

FOR EXAMPLE when I or other readers bitch about how wife's cheating was far more serious then his 1 time at the conference ( that he INTENTIONALLY ended) we are NOT complaining about the story

We are complaining about WHY the husband never raises the issue!! Of course Charlie this is YOUR story -- But WHY are you raising the CONFLICT if you dont even attempt 1 conversation between the husband and wife ?

SECOND her serial cheating was done in front of the husband with many of th guys he knew! It was not just disrespectful it was INTENTIONAL humiliation

**** Again how does this NEVER come up?

THIRD husband (and readers) KNOW from the video that the ONLY reason the wife stopped was that she found the anal sex to be painful Suppose she had enjoyed it? The odds are very high that the wife would of kept on fucking the other

guys for weeks or months

Again this is OBVIOUS and self evident To be sure the author can write his story so that the husband never brings up these FACTS. But the key point is WHY doesnt he bring it up these issues?

these are just 3 examples of WHY this story is god damn fucking nightmare.

It has NOTHING with the acts of cheating. From the point that she sees the video.... the husband never ask WHY

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 9 years ago
51 comments or cross pollinations...

interesting but fateful story. Life is stranger than fiction and armchair critics sometimes make useful comments. Sometimes.

Charlie thanks for sharing your work on Lit.

x

starmanfivestarmanfivealmost 9 years ago
I liked the story

Thanks for writing the original story, then looking at it later and giving the story a proper ending. That was totally brave! So many people commented a disappointment with the outcome. Who cares? It is your story to write as you please. Breaking up is very realistic. If you look at other stories, seventy five percent or more are about men who accept or actually want their wife to cheat. How realistic is that? I would rather read a serious story than a cuck fantasy any day. Five big stars * * * * * Thank you.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 9 years agoAuthor
Apologies, once more for Harry.

Happy to cover your points Harry.

1) Mike's cheating was a one time thing and not on the same scale as Janes'.

"For the three days of the conference, we were like a couple of teenagers sneaking behind their parent’s back. We attended every session, but in the breaks and in the evening, we stole away and explored each other's limits. We did it on every piece of furniture in each other's rooms, in the disabled toilet of the convention area, on the balcony, even on the eighteenth green of the golf course beside the hotel."

Adding it up its three days and nights to Mike compared to three nights and part of one day for Jane albeit Mike didn't have group sex.

But he didn't father a child?

Guess work, you are not told. What was Michele trying to contact him for when she rang and Jane answered?

2)Why didn't he bring all the sins up?

The main reason I started the second chapter eighteen months later was so I didn't have to have the long drawn two pages of arguments over who did what and what's worse. Instead I implied they happened when I wrote about when he first came home and the visits to the counsellors.

3)Humiliation.

He forgave her that sin all those years ago.

4) Jane only stopped when anal sex hurt.

Could be right, maybe if she had liked it they would have divorced years ago and saved Mike the heart ache. Mike's view in the story after watching the tape was different.

"This was no affair, this was cold and calculated. Nosey hooked her, then he gutted her and let his friends feast on her bones. No wonder she never went back near him."

Hope that covers your issues Harry, as always love your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Charlie is yanking our xhain

He cannot be as stupid as his comments. In his first comment he say Mike is a wimp who thought Jane would come back to him. But in the end of this 2 page addition it is clear that is not true. After he sacrifices the family farm to pay Jane off he tells hee that he was staying to manage the farm. Jane gets upset and tells him "Enjoy your empty house" He pointed out that he didn't have a choice and she said he was the one that wanted to separate. Her plan was for him to keep the kid in school while she escaped to the new job. She didn't say move with us and he didn't offer. He only came up on weekends to see the kids.

I never saw the loving wife. Years after getting away with her nasty behavior, she was still treating him like shit. She bitched about the farm and him. She never tried to save her marriage she even kicked him out of his bed when they had a last chance to reconcile. He should have told her that he was not going to give up the family farm but to threaten to expose her to the family if she didn't agree to his terms. She only stayed with him because she had no other options. With the new job she was ready to fly.

Another big hole in the story is how his relationship with his kids was repaired. He took the blame for the breakup. If Jane new never took her share there's no way Mike should have walked her down the aisle. That was more of Charlie having Mike be the lose to piss us off .

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 9 years ago
Great Writing

Yeah, this is how it would probably end. We are both older and both Australian so we know these things. And we can both get a chuckle out of the infantile comments you are bound to attract.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 9 years ago
CHARLIE you did not even come close to covering ANY of them !!LOL

CHARLIE SAID 1) Mike's cheating was a one time thing and not on the same scale as Janes'.

My REPLY ....... WOW what is so infuriating about you reply Charlie is that you come across as an idiot and/or a /liar about your OWN story You left other KEY points --His is cheating was NOT in front of her and NOT with several other men .

hell even YOU admit that Mike did not have group sex like she did ...so you DO admit they were / are not the same thing!! LOL

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

CHARLIE SAID 2)Why didn't he bring all the sins up?

The main reason I started the second chapter eighteen months later was so I didn't have to have the long drawn two pages of arguments over who did what and what's worse. Instead I implied they happened when I wrote about when he first came home and the visits to the counsellors.

MY REPLY......But Charlie that is WHY folks are hate this story !!! The key to making this believable ARE those very conversations that you DONT show/ have / tell us about. Without those conversations Mike's silence makes NO sense and the wife comes across as mentally ill or disturbed

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

CHARLIE SAID 3)Humiliation.

He forgave her that sin all those years ago.

MY REPLY dude the story opens up with Mike JUST finding out about her fucking Nosey !! How could he forgive her if he just found out about it

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

CHARLIE SAID 4) Jane only stopped when anal sex hurt.

Could be right, maybe if she had liked it they would have divorced years ago and saved Mike the heart ache. Mike's view in the story after watching the tape was different.

"This was no affair, this was cold and calculated. Nosey hooked her, then he gutted her and let his friends feast on her bones. No wonder she never went back near him."

MY REPLY ......dude THIS is where you fucked up your own story Before the anal sex thing YOU not me ... YOU wrote that she was coming on to Nosey several times

MAYBE the gang bang act as manipulation MAYBE ...but not all the other times. For Mike to deduce that the wife didnt have an affair because of the anal sex was not pleasant is absurd and show that you cannot follow your own story

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
HEY HARRY you retaard try writing somethign before you bitch

about someone else's work. Your fucking comments are as long as some damn stories. You're one of the biggest Asshole on here!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
She have left well enough alone

There was no need for this new ending. It seemed like they tried reconciliation but you never really gave readers enough material to explain the real problem between them. As a mediator, I know that stubbornness and inability to articulate ideas is usually overcome with assistance. Somehow they encountered a succession of extraordinarily bad counselors--not likely. Of course, that allowed you to avoid the hard work of writing about what was going on in their heads. A guy is really going to forget about the intervening good years and go apeshit. She is going throw up his extra-marital dalliance knowing that it was a response to her behavior (and much shorter term)--and why did he not respond in that to her. Was he too dumb to put up a defense. No, the original was much better. It gave (some) readers the opportunity to imagine two mature people realizing their errors, coming to grips with them, and affirming the commitment they had already made for over ten years. If you want a stupid, let FTDS ruin it for you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
3*s

What happened ?? Where is the emotional impact ?

This didn't have a tenth of the heart rendering impact of the first story.. I gave you 3*s for " My Dilemma" that was too low. Should have been four stars. So for " My Dilemma-Redux" a three star score. That is due to indifference. This was dragging and boring.

This is a big surprise to me. I don't know of any other writer who wrote a sequel that was so indifferent . I was waiting and waiting and waiting.... for the divorce. I don't hate the sequel, I don't feel anything.

Looking forward to FTDS and his sequel. Love it or hate it ! It will definitely be more interesting than this mess. I bet the comments will be better, worse too, lol.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
HOLY COW ! I MISSED THE BOAT

This sequel really upset a lot of readers. Why didn't it bother me? There wasn't much of a connection to either character.

As the reader I had no emotional connection to Jane. She was a bad wife. Get away from her. Mike, well as written in the sequel he lost all the sympathy I had for him. Divorce the wife, ok. Lose the farm, no worries mate. Daughter confronted us, I'll take all the blame. Wife getting re- married I don't just attend the wedding ,no, I give her away and go to the reception!

Really how can you feel anything for that man.

I didn't see the point.

They both cheated . Mike and Jane are both oathbreakers. So a marriage cannot survive that kind of damage.

The way CharlieB4 wrote this sequel was a failure. I don't feel much about it.

Except for the children. The innocent suffer the most. Now that could be a very emotional sequel. How Jenny and her sister and brother deal with the truth. A few years later when they get their anonymous mail! There is an excellent idea for a sequel Charlie B4. What do you think ??

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
What a dumb story....

Either the author lives on the moon or he is simply brain dead.

Still missing the part where the former husband gives all his money and income to the future husband and still is happy....

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 9 years ago
To Harry in VA

The author is polite, rational and literate. You are abusive, irrational and semi-literate. Stop embarrassing yourself.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
The original was divisive and incomplete

this is not a resolution to an unsatisfactory beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
...and done

An acceptable ending; no BTB, no RAAC, no SEAL Team 6, no lottery win, not even a "living well is the best revenge." Like most events in life - maybe not what we wanted, hopefully not what we feared - an acceptable ending.

Good luck with the vet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well written but poor content

At no stage did they talk through their affairs and consider degree of responsibility and degree of impact on the relationship, thus degree of remorse needed to the other partner. The marriage counselors were pathetic and not realistic and made a mockery of the credibility of the story. Hers was clearly a worse betrayal and more disrespectful by some distance but she never accepted that. She did it in his face demeaning him in front of others, she did it close to home with multiple partners and had a bastard child as a result with no knowledge even now who of who the father was. Yet she was always the aggressor and the one with the poor temper. He was just a total wimp, I mean taking the advice of a riding instructor!. It is no surprise that she soon re-married as she had no investment in the marriage and clearly no love for him. She just used his affair to avoid facing her own much more serious betrayal.

There is no justice in this story and that just leaves the reader unhappy 2* only.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
First off - well written. But a flawed ending from my point of view

And I did have to laugh at how Charlieb4 became British. It's a LONG way from Australia to Britain but I guess some discussion about how British convicts became Australians may be in order. But somehow neither of the main characters were great people. But she was, by far, the more unlikeable. I guess what threw me is when you had him walk her down the aisle with their son. Even for fiction I found that to be over-the-top impossible to believe. It just felt wrong on every level. And his discomfort about dancing with her just emphasized the fact that he had no business even being at the wedding. So she really just cruised along in life without any suffering or remorse about her actions. Again, not a nice person. And I just felt bad for him. He really seemed to demonstrate that he had neither pride or a spine. In the end, although the overall story was well written, I just didn't like it. Maybe next time?

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 9 years ago
Needed Deeper Content !

First off a bery well written story which only lack a deeper depth of the couples emotions.

One of the Anonymous readers comments was on the mark IMO. In that the wife cheated, gave birth to another mans child and allowed her husband to raise it as his own.

As for the wife's character being the best wife she could possibly be seemed some what flawed and swallow.

She still argued at him, belittled him and to a degree a loss of respect. Was this because other men had taken her and he did nothing so therefore he allowed and accepted her infidelity !

Also once she was aware he knew why did she not launch into damage control mode give him so free passes at other women. Perhaps even to set him up with other women from a swingers site. Plus give him all the emotional support he needed, give lots of sex, give anal which is nover mentioned if the couple ever indulge in.

The husband at least deserved that onslaught of sex and effection to try and save the marriage. IMO the wife's character did not do enough to fully stop the couple from separating.

Perhaps I am an old romantic in that I was hoping that the couple stayed together with a new dynamic to the relationship. In that the husband had some extra women along the why ir FFM from the wife while on a weekend break in the city.

I am waiting for FTDS ending version of this story.

FD45FD45almost 9 years ago
Disjointed

First off, the beginning paragraph with its club, it's reserve and other jargon made sense to the writer, but for someone who is not a footballer, it was something I had to put together from the pieces.

Next up, it was all sad, all the time. This was a downer story.m the only thing missing was the Chinese billionaire accidentally running over this dog. Realistic? Sure. I don't mind realistic, but the fact this guy came across on the verge of tears the entire time...unpleasant!

We also never see any comeuppance. She fucked around arrogantly. She got away. And the moment he called her in it, she pretended like it was nothing. (I will get to his cheating in a moment). This woman PUBLICALLY and FREQUENTLY directly humiliated her husband. So what happens when she is called on it? SHE GETS PISSED OFF! And what happens to her? She gets a better job, she gets the kids, and she gets a new house financed by the husband.

Him? He gets nothing.

I am frankly surprised that you didn't have him insert her new husbands cock into her vagina.

The writing. The verbs are there, the tenses are correct, there are quotes, and you don't have herds of commas cluttering the works. This is what some people call well written. Alas.

The characters were not well established. I don't know Nosey or his fuck buds. I don't know the wife. I barely know the husband. As you need to add details, you just jammed them in; for example, this being a fifth generation farm. That should have been established long before to show his motives.

Likewise HIS cheating. It felt jammed in to justify her rage. The husband is never right. He has no points. He is always ALWAYS out of control and over his head.

This is an 'anti-Stangstar' story. Now, I don't mind someone trying to humiliate someone else. I don't like it force written for them to ALWAYS be wrong, feckless and Matt Morose.

I was not uplifted or entertained by this tale. It was better written than most, but the narrative flow was off.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 8 years ago
As good as the first part

Right. so they are both sinners, can we agree? She imagines the sex he had, but unfortunately he saw the sex she had in still pictures. However, he can imagine she was totally drunk, a bad one time impulse,what ever. He was willing to forgive and forget. The gang bang video was nothing short of horrible, she was enjoying it, a night of total debauchery, presumably she knew she was on camera, it was so egregious, plus she had been fucking around for months! Assuming her comment about him being a prude was true, it would have made it so much worse to him when he found out. Perhaps he could forgive her doing what he had been doing, but to do something filthy, disgusting, repulsive...beyond the Pale.

Still she made her bed and lay in it for 16 years, we can assume not so much satisfied with the sex. I am a believer that it is better not to share your guilt with your spouse, it certainly worked here. She was a strong woman, and knew better than him what she wanted. When he asked for a separation, she got out while the getting was good. She wanted more sex and more varied sex that he did. Sixteen years of atonement for her 'sins', and perhaps she wanted to get out of the small town, go someplace better, certainly different. Her marriage wasn't getting better. Who wouldn't want to get out and live their life.

A friend say to me he really liked his ex wife, they were good friends: he just couldn't be married to her. So he liked his wife, perhaps loved her, but it wasn't working.

I think the main thing people don't about the story is the wife was smarter, more worldly, and in the end more successful than her husband.

Not that he came out all that badly.

Chilley

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Further Thought

Why is there no further discussion about his "confession" to his daughter about HIS affair, but NOTHING about what her MOTHER did and that he isn't her biological father?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No closure

Well the difference between that and the original was, to keep it in ranching jargon, compost ! Why even bother with supposedly tying up the loose ends of the 1st story by making more loose ends ?

To prove that I'm a good hearted person I doubled the score of the 1st submission

2*

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Hmmm...

Charlie a few questions. Why did you not mention that Mike was not Jenny's father to the daughter? Why make her think that her father was the bad guy? Why did you give Jane a happy ending while Mike just exists? Why was Mike at his ex-wife's wedding? Why did you make Mike a wimp when he really wasn't? Why didn't you stop at ch.1 while you were ahead?

Damn

negative rating

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 8 years agoAuthor
@betrayedbylove-why oh why.

Why didn't he tell his daughter? He didn't want to fuck up his daughter's life. Sure he'd get some level of revenge on his ex wife but at what cost? In every way except DNA he was her father. Who wins if he says?... I'm not your father so every time I look at you I'm reminded me of why this marriage has to break up.

Why make her think he's the bad guy? He's the hero.

Why no happy ending for Mike? Mike's happy ending isn't made explicit but I think I imply it. Mike's still on the farm, he doesn't own it but he's the boss, he gets paid well no matter whether it's drought, flood or pestilence. He still has a positive relationship with his kids and he's in a relationship with a visiting vet.

Why is he at his ex-wife's wedding? Mike has continued to be part of his children's lives and he made peace with his wife. In one way the wedding could be a celebration for him too- no more alimony.

Why make Mike a wimp when he wasn't? I agree he wasn't a wimp and I don't think I made him one. He was an adult who made decisions he felt were right for himself and his children and he stuck with them. He didn't run away.

Why didn't I stop at chapter one? Simple, requested to do it.

Cheers

CharlieB4

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
CharlieB4 ...

... You Sir are a detriment to all males who value their pride and self dignity ... BUT ... a great example of what a cheating WHORE wife apologist, cuckhold loving, wimp male author should strive to be!!!

Small wonder your "loving wife" stories receive such poor scores!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@betrayedbylove-why oh why.

Because betrayed is a cockless wondercuck whose status as a eunuch precludes any relationship with a woman that could lead to offspring.

Men with kids understand the story and the reasons for the protagonist's actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Terrible

Worst fucking story I've read in a very long time!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow so many btb fans crying foul..

But charlie you did a good job & made the story have a real world ending,

The dilemma faces us all, do we choose to be with a person who is right for us, or do we find a way to be the right person for them.

again all i can say is Louie C.K is right, "Divorce is a good thing, no good marriage ends in divorce".

No woman or man should be married to a person they feel obligated to stay married too, its just setting up yourself to fail.

what would i ve done had i faced the same situation?..

you gave me a lot to think about charlie, & thanks for the good read.

sorry to post as anon, i ve no reason to be known, but if you must know, you could just call me..

Jim.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks Jim.

If I made you think then that's great. The title suggests a problem with no palatable solution. Mike made the best of his bad lot, others would do things differently and they are fee to write their own stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
"who giveth this woman?"

I was on board with the attempt to reconcile and the eventual split and even with his guilt over his own cheating. But when he had the ex's wedding at his home and gave away the bride ..... Well, that was a bridge too far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Why do you write such stupid....

characters? Not to mention story.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 8 years agoAuthor
@anon

Why do you read them?

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
1 star

Awful story. Why are you rewarding one of the cheaters involved?

KrvnikKrvnikabout 8 years ago
Whoops, clicked submit too soon

I mean, why tell Jane that he's the one to cheat, when her mother did to, which resulted in her conception? I find stories that pin the blame solely on one/the wrong parent to be stupid in their premise. Not to mention this fucking ending. Really? Giving her away? No. Just no. You have no idea what actual human beings are or how they function. This is just plain bullshit.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
WHY DO GANG-BANGS

tend to put an end to relationships, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
She's a whore

She cheats and gets knocked up and passes kid from as he . Yes he cheated and fucked up huge with that asshole move but she's a lying whore he's well rid of the cunt

RhomanovRhomanovalmost 8 years ago
***

So many threads left hanging. This felt more like a court case than a tale about the collapse of a family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I absolutely hate her.

Fucking disgusting betraying whore.

Shoves a child of her whoring on her husband.

That is ultimate.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Disgusting whore

This was the story of a disgusting, remorseless, cheating whore!

How dare she show anything but contrition and shame after what she did to her husband?

Left me feeling sick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Divorce is a great way to end a toxic relationship, but a stupid way to punish someone you still love.

In this case it appears the toxicity was greater than the love. She used Michelle as her excuse to be forgiven for becoming a gang bang slut. They never said they were sorry to each other. They never asked for forgiveness. They never tried to explain their failures, or understand each others pain and remorse and guilt. Near the end of their struggle to save the marriage she states she doesn't hate him, she hates herself, and he's just now finding out how she feels? In the end, the memory of their mutual betrayals was stronger than any love, and they both obviously no longer had any respect for each other, nor themselves. The nature of their ending was the best that could be expected.

Him giving her away to another man made no sense to me, but his failure to see that for 16 years she had changed and had become a good wife also made no sense. Why end the marriage now? He should have shown more gumption and confrontation back when the affair was happening right under his nose, and he just drives away, spinning his tires (what a buffoon!), leaving her to party without him. So I guess in the end they really weren't good for each other.

A very thought provoking story. Thanks for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Of Course

A neutered white guy is always in the wrong and deserves to watch the skank find happiness

It's required thinking..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Just another cuck..

Should have left it alone... Your just another cuck writer... Either your nothing but a pussy or just another bitch... Wish the cuck writers would label their stories if the guys.. And I use that term loosely .. Is going to be cum eating cucks... Nattiesmith.. Kiss my ass... As for this guy he is... Just another cuck...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
balanced?

As a believer in balancing the scales, I could accept Jane's having a brief, discreet affair. His was a few days and out of town. Hers was very publicly displayed in bar with someone they knew and in front of people they knew. Not to mention allowing photos. The gangbang complete with willingly being videotaped and resulting in pregnancy is undefensible. Given the marital problems they were having I am certain she knew child was not husband's.

No way I would have taken blame for divorce. I might not have told about her affairs but illegitimate daughter did desrve to know.

His giving her away is ludicrous same as was his running away when he caught her at the bar

Reminds me of Matt Moreau and his ilk.

Time to see what lordslummydoodoo commented

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
surprised to say the least

Lordslammydoogy was right on for once

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A Loving Husband....Wrists Pronated

The title of the category is Loving Wives, not Loving Marital Partners. I've never read a worthwhile LW story where the husband is a jagoff cheater as well. It always takes it right out of the story. What's the point? Is this the Disney channel? Where's Thumper and Old Yeller?

That being said, the quality of the writing kept me on board. Despite the errors, the writer has a nice flow to the story. But as things developed there were those Psycho strings swelling in the background.

So why all the waterworks from Hubby? He's frustrated and holding back tears, then he's crying, then he's white knuckling, then he's crying again. Fer chrissakes, when does he have time for fixing fences and shearing? He must look like hell, shit, he must look goulish with all of the aussie dust and dirt and tear streaks and red eyes. Maybe Hubby should move to San Francisco or Tel Aviv and explore his inner sub.

But this guy is going to have some shit marriages if he allows his wife out with the ballers throwing back shots like raiders of the lost ark. Then he screeches off in his wimpmobile while bigdick is grabbing Wifey's ass. Wtf is with this guy. Next weekend? Same fuckin thing!! This guy has a problem, a real problem.

But what the fuck? The author must have a similiar problem as well if he leaves his Husband/Characters bastard child and her situation unresolved...? Is this normal for anyone anywhere? Ever?

Even with all of the truly sick, deranged cuck bullshit on this website, I don't think ever I've seen a cheating cunt stick her husband with a bastard and then somehow it all just falls off the radar.

Is it the Author or the Husband who is mentally ill? Enquiring minds really do want to know. And the wife is gushing how wonderful it's been having him raise her bastard all these years (more waterworks here, too).

That's some blackhearted shit, Bro.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

he fucks up with one woman she pulls a train . -5 signed i hate cuckolds and those who condone it. beta male sissys

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not much justice in this

when they first are married she fucks half the town, he finds out years later and that one of the daughters isn't his, she says she's sorry (I never got the feeling she was, I did get the definite feeling she enjoyed it every time though) and they finally split, he goes on suffering and she just flits on to get married again. Good story but just pisses me off. Guess that's why it's a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a load of Bullshit!

He personally got no revenge on his wife's lovers. Their fates did not relieve his pain. The aspect of his affair with Michelle appears to be somewhat contrived by the author. It allows the wife to get away with her gangbang as being ok in her mind. His wife was a slut, too bad for her new husband Anthony! There is no way the Michelle wanted to stab Dave in the back so why would she phone him at home. This author just seems to be throwing things unnatural into this story just to get it to work out how he would like it to be. Unfortunately, the plot doesn't seem very logical.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 7 years agoAuthor
@ anon Hmmmm,

If only life were logical it would be much simpler, for guys anyway.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 7 years ago
charlieB, it's as I've said before

She gets gangbanged, has another man's kid years before he cheated once and you act as if it's the same. Where's the dilemma? It's another one of those, we have to make him a cheater too, so the story evens out. But just explain to me how a gangbang, years of cheating, having a bastard child is the same thing? RACC with a large dose of WAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
BS, drunk

Jane wanted to have an affair. She did it over 2 months time. Drunk is not a good reason. I think the ending was off from what I thought would happen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

So the skank has a happy ending...........yay.

ausfetausfetover 6 years ago

A break-up handled with amazing maturity. I felt so sad it ended, though, I was too invested in them staying together!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1* Wimpy Cuck Crap

Yep, Australian men are weak.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlieB4@CharlieB4
1252 Followers
Just an amateur scribbler who allows others to experience his daydreams. G’day If you are going through my catalogue you will find a wide range of themes so some you might like, others you will hate. Update. After a flurry of recent activity life has intervened so writing t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

My Dilemma Previous Part
My Dilemma Series Info