My Everlasting Home Pt. 02

Story Info
A sad contemporary Romance.
1.1k words
4.29
1.9k
2

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/15/2023
Created 08/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The car slowed down outside of the funeral. People stood clad all in black, as they looked directly at the dad's car. They all looked gloomy, but who wouldn't? Penelope Briary was loved by all the people in Pumpkin Lake village. Their mum was a great person, helping those who were less fortunate than herself. She just brought out the best in people, without ever fully knowing how she done it. Willow looked out of the window; her head still situated on Blair's slender shoulder.

She turned her head away seeing the sand faces peering down at her, it made her sick to her stomach.

"Blair, I'm not sure I can do this anymore" Willow spoke uncertainty laced within her voice.

"I'll be with you, every step of the way Little Willow. Trust me on that. Please."

Willow turned around seeing Blair's face pained with sadness as she directly at Willow's face. Willow swallowed a hard lump, trying to find any oxygen to breathe into her lungs. But there wasn't anything to breathe. She felt faint, she wanted to go back. Back to her home, back to her back. Back to her old life, but she knew that was an impossible task.

Willow swallowed hard, giving a nod to Blair, seeing that her eyes glistened over with moisture. Willow, placed a shaky hand against Blair's face, caressing it softly. She brought Blair's face forward and kissed her cheek putting all her heart and sorrows into it. Willow pulled away, opening the car door, giving one last look to Blair as she walked through the funeral gates.

"Mffph," Blair muffled as she cried behind her hand, seeing her little sister shakily walk toward the funeral, stopping every 4th step as she collected herself taking big, deep breathes. She saw Willow stop as she turned around looking back at the car. Blair cried deeply seeing the tears as they ran down Willow's face as she tried to smile putting her hand out for her.

Blair jumped out of the car as she ran as quickly as she could in her small, black heels. Blair grasped Willow's hand tightly engulfing her into her warm embrace, watching her little sister break even more.

"Shh. Shh, we've got this pretty bird." Blair whispered against her hair, as she kissed it softly. She smoothed Willow's hair and smiled brightly while crying. They tightly held each other's hands as they walked hand in hand into the ceremony.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can we please have Willow Briary as she will be saying a few words about Penelope Briary today. Thank you. Willow?" The Funeral Officiant looked at Willow, he smiled at her encouragingly.

"You got this pretty bird," Blair whispered to her sister, kissing her hair.

Willow gulped loudly, her head spinning as she got up from the front row, walking over Blair and her father to get to the front of the ceremony. Willow stopped as she tried to slow down her heartbeat which was beating faster than before. Her palms felt sweaty, her face felt hot as she raised one shaky foot as she stepped onto the steps.

She put one shaky foot in front of the other, she neared the top where her mother's casket laid, the casket was opened, she threw her hand over her mouth seeing her lifeless mother laying there so silently. She stifled a cry, as she choked on her breath. Blair watched horrified at the sight of her little sister seeing their dead mother.

"Dad, she can't do this. I'm going to put and end to this and take her home," Blair announced suddenly at her dad, who looked at her shocked.

Blair tried to get up but was pushed down gently by her dad who held her shaking hands with his.

He patted her hands firmly with his. "Willow agreed hunny. She's got to do this; Willow will be fine. Give her some time." Blair's dad said looking sadly at his heartbroken daughter.

"Just look at her dad, she's a wreck," Blair whispered angered by her father's words as they both watched Willow fall apart at the altar.

Willow heard her sister Blair as she spoke to their dad. She shook her head behind her to Blair. Blair looked and sat back down next to her dad who was barely keeping it together himself. Blair watched as her dad gritted his teeth together harshly, while tears dripped down his face and onto his white shirt. He was just as heartbroken as his daughters, more so as now he not only lost the love of his life, but he lost his best friend.

Their dad cried harder, gripping Blair's hand as the other hand gripped the chair, he sat in. Their dad nodded to Willow as she turned around, the tears evident as they cascaded down her face and onto her black dress she wore. Willow watched as her dad fell apart, right before her eyes.

She watched as he gave a slight nod of his head towards her. She gripped the paper in her hands as tightly as she could, as she took small, shaky steps towards the stand. Willow reached the stand, as she placed the white paper in her hands on the stand as she coughed slightly. She lowered her head another tear falling from her eyes and onto the piece of paper. Willow cried silently her head leaned up against the stand as she tried to collect herself.

With a nod of the head, she slowly lifted her gaze as she scanned the room at all the people in Pumpkin Lake Valley watching their solemn expressions as they stared right back at her. Waiting. Willow moved her gaze, her eyes falling onto her big sister, Blair. Blair sent Willow an encouraging smile her way.

Willow smiled back at her big sister and shuffled her papers on the stand. Willow took a deep breath as she began to read, "My mum, Penelope... She was -- was a wonderful person. Penelope helped everyone if they ever needed something she was there. P-P-Penelope," Willow cried clutching at her chest as she gripped the papers tightly in one hand.

Willow went on, "P-Penelope was loved, she will be forever loved. She was our rock, mine and Blairs and now she's g-g-gone" Willow cried even harder as she heard her father cry out brokenly.

Blair watched from her seat as Willow broke down even further, her papers shaking as she cried out brokenly. Blair cried watching both her dad and her little sister so broken beyond repair, she cried even harder not knowing what to do.

"I am so honoured that I was l-l-loved by Penelope. I-I L-l-ove you m-mum," Willow cried as she dropped her papers on the floor and ran out of the funeral leaving everyone as they cried behind her.

"WILLOW. WILLOW" Willow heard her name being called out by Blair, but she didn't turn back she kept running. Willow kept running her tears blended with the rain that soaked her through to the bone.

Willow didn't stop running.