My Everlasting Home Pt. 03

Story Info
Part 3.
1.3k words
3.9
1.5k
2

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/15/2023
Created 08/03/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Willow stopped running, breathing heavily as she went. She took large gulps of air, trying to get them back into her lungs.

"Ahh" Willow gulped some more air into her awaiting lungs. She felt a cool, warm breeze as it brushed across her face, swirling her hair around her face then back behind her. She lifted her head from between her legs, as she surveyed her current surroundings.

What she stared at shocked her; it was the lake that her recently passed mother used to sat at every morning to read. Willow sniffled a little bit, remembering the fond memories of her mu sitting atop the wooden walkway as it bobbed deep within the lake. She looked around, nodding to herself once she established that no one was there with her.

Willow shivered, gripping her arm with her hand as she took one small step after another, she felt the breeze pick up as it brushed against her hair, kissing her cheeks with a crisp coldness. She strolled slowly to the edge of the wooden walkway, sitting down feeling it bob underneath her weight. Her legs found their way into the water, her shoes still very much attached to her feet. She heaved a heavy sigh, as she slumped into herself watching as the water rippled from the cool breeze.

Willow looked out against the river, seeing the almost setting sun leave, to ultimately be replaced by darkness. Darkness, that's what Willow felt at that exact moment, the darkness was slowly consuming her very being. But she was numb, Willow let the darkness consume her.

"Mum. Oh mum, why did you have to leave me here?" Willow cursed as she looked deep into the sky cursing out loudly, tears spilled from her eyes as the heavens opened raining down upon her crying form as the sun started to set.

Willow cried heavily, the rain spitting against her face in anger as it heaved down upon her. Willow was angry, angry at herself, angry at her mother and angry at the world. The world had taken the one thing which meant everything to Willow -- yet it was taken, taken like it meant nothing at all.

"Aren't you going to answer me? MUM" Willow screamed in agony from where she sat, hands clutched to her now wet, black dress, shaking as they tugged at the material. Willow was angered, she wanted answers, but none were given. Willow angrily slammed her hands down on to the wooden walkway, getting up kicking the wood with her wet shoe. Water splashed everywhere, as she lifted her head towards the raining, dark sky.

"DAMN YOU. DAMN YOU. WHY DID YOU DIE AND LEAVE ME HUH?"

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME," Willow screamed, as she kicked the wood even harder.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, MUM. YOU FUCKING LEFT ME, I HATE YOU. I WANT TO DIE!"

Willow screamed out in fury, as she shouted, the wood shook underneath her feet as she kicked and stomped with rage. Willow was so deeply saddened, that she was just now considering dying. But Willow didn't realise that the wood was old and had started to wither away and break, but she kicked away at it anyway as rage clouded her mind.

She tried kicking again....

Until.

SPLASH!

"AHHH" Willow was submerged deep underwater, her breathes escaping her as they created bubbles in the river.

"Ahh, h-help m-me" Willow struggled under the current which was fast approaching from the onslaught of the heavy stream of wind being produced by the dark, gloomy sky.

Willow couldn't breathe, her breath was being quickly stolen by the river. She soon felt lightheaded, as her eyes began to roll back inside of her head. Willow was going to die, she wanted to die but she was now filed with a sudden fear. Willow didn't want to die. She clawed at her throat as her legs fumbled around aimlessly trying to pick up speed. It was no use; Willow was going to die soon.

Fear soon engulfed her; her life was slowly flashing before her very eyes. She wanted to cry, to beg for forgiveness but none came.

.......

Until Willow felt a strong set of warm arms wrap around her midsection as they pulled her up with ease. Willow's eyes closed, from staying too long under the water, she felt her unconscious body being lifted on to the wooden walkway.

"- Open.... Eyes.... beautiful," Willow heard muffled speech coming from directly in front of her, she tried opening her eyes, groaning as she did.

"Argh," Willow coughed water out of her lungs, coughing some more her eyes opened as she did.

"Easy, easy," A smooth voice spoke from right next to her, Willow turned around to find the handsomest boy she had ever seen before.

She had to close her eyes again, due to rain. But Willow slowly opened her eyes again to look at the mysterious boy who had saved her. Her heart stopped beating, a boy no more than 19 stared down at her wet, shivering figure smiling the warmest smile. It melted Willow's cold heart, she started to feel a warm sensation inside her heart.

Willow looked at the boy some more, his eyes were the brightest green she had ever seen. His eyes were beautiful, like moss in a brightly covered forest. She loved them, they made her feel a sense of comfort and protection. Something that was lost within her. His hair was a chestnut brown, which flopped over his forehead and eyes, but it didn't seem to be a bother to him as he kept smiling at Willow. Willow was dumbfounded, she was beginning to think this love at first sight.

"Ack, sorry," Willow coughed snapping out of her daze, as more water came out of her mouth.

Willow laid on the bobbing wood crying silently as she looked up at the gloomy sky. She huffed while crying, trying to forget what she had just thought of the mysterious boy. She was angry with herself.

"Should I ask why you were trying to drown yourself?" The mysterious boy spoke quietly as he looked at Willow cautiously, still showing a soft, warm smile.

"I did not try drowning myself. I -- I fell okay," Willow sighed as she tried to reason with him. Willow shook her head as she laid on the wooden walkway.

"You know, this river is known for being dangerous especially when it rains," The mystery boy spoke while he looked out of the river standing next to her.

Willow slowly raised her body, sitting with her legs crossed at the edge, hearing his smooth, velvet voice as he spoke. It sent pleasurable shivers down her spine. She shook her head again and grinded her teeth.

"I know, I've lived here my entire life. I don't need someone to tell me what I already know," Willow spoke sharply at the mysterious boy, not even bothering to look in his direction.

He sighed heavily as he turned on his heels. He started to walk away leaving Willow as she continued to stare out into the abyss. But before he walked away, he turned around slightly, half his body facing hers.

"By the way, my name's Braxton. See you around and no need to thank me for just saving your life," The boy named Braxton spoke casually as he shrugged his shoulders to the frail girl named Willow.

She tutted, moving her head to the side.

Braxton sighed, shaking his head at the stupid girl. He left her alone.

"Braxton," Willow tested his name on her lips, which sent another shiver down her body.

Willow sat still, looking out on to the river as the sun finished setting casting a dark, peaceful glow over the lake as it illuminated with a pale-yellow light. The rain lifted, occasionally spitting.

Willow sat, thinking about the mysterious boy named Braxton.