All Comments on 'My Fragile Male Ego'

by Gamblnluck

Sort by:
  • 193 Comments
Diecast1Diecast110 months ago

Great story. Loved it. AAAAAA++++++

Bronco56Bronco5610 months ago

Sorry for not coming up with something more original, but

Great story. I loved it. 5stars

demanderdemander10 months ago

Sounded like he should have been rid of her well before she cheated. D

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger10 months ago

Excdellent story well written

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

Good story: I gave it a 4 because it just didn’t seem credible that the main character would not have been more proactive since the wife had long been funneling money to her slut slayer. He knew the business was protected, so why put up with her crap all the way till she tried to set him up as a cuck?

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

Typical Loving wives morality tale. Wife is written as stupid and brain dead and gets what she deserves

Buster2UBuster2U10 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars for a Really Great Read! Good Writing, Good Story, Good Idea, Good Ending, Good Revenge on Cheating wife. I Love a Happy Ending! thanks for the Effort! Buster2U

BigfundrewBigfundrew10 months ago

Loved it.

The town Cryer and kazoos were fun additions.

imhaplessimhapless10 months ago

Cute with a number of original aspects. 5*

Slick742Slick74210 months ago

Congrats in your 100 stories. very good as always..Slick

TajfaTajfa10 months ago

5 stars from Me. A really good read.

SkubabillSkubabill10 months ago

Another great 5-star story. Congratulations on number 100, a wonderful milestone.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

Very good, I thought the town cryer and kazoos were a little over the top but still worth 5 stars.

TonyspencerTonyspencer10 months ago

Great 5 star story, a cheating wife, a slut s-in-l and even a hint of romance in the family. Enjoyable revenge on all the villains of the piece.

ReedRichardsReedRichards10 months ago

The biggest problem with this story, and it happens in a lot of similar ones, is that the straying wives and their paramours all think that they are just so smart, but wind up being dumb as a box of rocks. Donna was married, in what her husband previously believed to be a good marriage, for twenty years, and she didn't know that he was part owner of the company? How does that ever work? The boyfriend has been with the company for a while, manages to seduce one of the owner's wives, and never gets a freaking clue just who his target is? She told him about her husband, at least enough for him to judge that he could be cuckolded, and never hears the husband's name?

.

Then the oh-so-smart seducer admits his whole schtick to his highly moral bosses -- didn't he know them at all? -- and expects no consequences?

.

Guys like the seducer are clever, and if amoral, they still aren't that stupid. Donna had a good job, one which paid about as much as her husband's, so she couldn't have been that stupid.

.

The first two pages of this story were pretty good, but the 'coincidences' really started piling up. He's not just an employee, but a part owner, and the wife doesn't know it. He's caught drinking in his car, but the cop is indebted to him. The seducer is a subordinate employee, one with whose position the company could do without, so he can just be fired? Wife was perfectly loyal, until her dissolute sister screwed up her life, and she pulls the wife down with her?

.

What would really be different? An LW story in which the straying wife really was smart!

OOAAOOAA10 months ago

Very good story!!! Congratulations!

CreeperclawCreeperclaw10 months ago

I really needed this story, thank you.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Well written. Pretty standard LW stuff.

tonyneatotonyneato10 months ago

Excellent ! Keep Writing and Thank You. 5 stars

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months agoAuthor

Going to comment on my own story. I wonder at the comments from those who wonder why cheating women are portrayed as dumb. And some of the cliched arguments they use. I simply avoided using those by having my main character defuse his wife's explanation.

@Reedrichard who pointed out that once again I made the wife stupid. Of course she was stupid, how else would she get caught? It is like a bank robber putting on his ski mask outside the bank in full view of the security cameras. Why do people steal? Because they don't think they will get caught and something unforeseen trips them up. OR the guy selling drugs (especially marijuana) thinking it is no big thing and he is sure that even if he gets caught, the penalty won't be harsh.

Cheating women either think they will not get caught or if they do they can talk their way out. Maybe they honestly think it is okay or don't care. Still a stupid response any way you think about it.

As far as the families not knowing the brothers technically owned the company. Why would they if the brothers did not want that known? A trust owned the shares. The brothers appeared to have good jobs. How many families really know the details of who owns the company where their husbands/fathers work? But it also let me have the wife be clueless. She just thought her husband was a wimp never asking for a higher wage. Did the man have to say he had told his wife many times he felt he and his brother made enough to finance their lifestyle.

He'd already said they'd be in no better position if his wife squandered the extra. And he said that his wife giving her sister money to 'help' was a bone of contention.

I read every comment submitted. I even get some in my private email. Here is one I got this morning:

Never been married, never actually had a girlfriend That's the impression you leave with your insecure pussy ass stories. God are you such a insecure little bitch.

You act so macho and masculine but you aren't. I would bet real money you are fat and doughy. Any wonder why you hate women? Why would they want your fat ass? Oh, because you are a "nice" guy? But are you really? Your stories are riddled with misogyny.

That's the thing. You dudes who whine about nice guys finishing last? You think you are deserved women because you went out of your way to treat them nice. That assumes transactional. You immediately think of women as whores. Yes, that's you.

Own

It

Bitch

Yeah, I am a little fat now at 70. I have a beer belly because, like my characters, I love to drink. But I am not woman hating incel. I have been married for 25 years to my present wife. I was married for 17 to my first. I love women. Just not ones who cheat. I have kids (over 40) and even grandkids. I just like to express my imagination in the form of stories.

SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Great story. The only part you forgot was June informing him how the sisters are now getting along, and Donna blaming Doris for all her issues and for spending all of Donna's money. I can see Donna losing her temper and seriously hurting or killing Doris and going to jail, and Doris of course is permanently injured or dead.

kencorokencoro10 months ago

My issue with telling this story from pov 1;

This guy is supposed to be (almost) drunk, add to that he is not in a good state of mind. Yet we can read into his mind on how rational he is with him 'narrating' the scene. It contradicts to what he is being portrayed at the time.

The scene in the car (and the following) should have been narrated by a 3rd person.

HargaHarga10 months ago

The batter gets a hit, going, going, gone, It's out a here. Another 5*.

Starwolf1961Starwolf196110 months ago

It was ironic that he was an engineer and tech whiz and didn't have use any tech at all to catch the narcissistic bitch. KUDOS! 5 from me.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 months ago

I got no problem with any of it. The story was excellent, the plot great, the telling great, and the M/C was standup. I was a tad bit confused as to where the good officer's intentions were going, with the daughter, but a quick reread of the beginning showed that he was, in fact, not married. Excellent!! 5 stars because they won't let me give more. The Bear approves. You could have trashed the Vette, but that's just me. A Hybrid?? Ehh. Keep writing.

The BEAR

Mibal_ZahariMibal_Zahari10 months ago

There is one final piece I would have liked to have seen which is the reveal to his wife about her husband being a low wage earner. There could have been a good smack down session where he explains to her after the divorce what he was really worth and what she threw away. Missed an opportunity from a Burn The Bitch to Bonfire The Bitch in that.

Robby_DRobby_D10 months ago

Don't you just love it when they all live happily ever after (except for the cheating sluts). Fun story.

gatorhermitgatorhermit10 months ago
I liked the town crier and cazoos bit

Great story - bitches were burned and perps got burned as well. My guess is hubby will upgrade and maybe even raise another family. Five stars.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove10 months ago

Monologuing… downfall of dastardly evil-doers everywhere….

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly10 months ago

You had me as they played the wedding march on their gazoo's 5*

Boardman68Boardman6810 months ago

Well done! Really enjoyed the story. A "5".

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Liked it. Especially hitting back with the "female ego".

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

I really enjoy your sense of humor. The town crier bit had me chuckling out loud. Regarding your point about the wife being stupid, well, she certainly acted stupidly when she listened to her sister, even though she may not be of less-than-average intelligence. Also, when women spout off about a fragile male ego, it's code for "I'm pissed because I didn't get my way." They think that by saying those words they can shame you into giving in to their demands - utter nonsense! Congarts on #100!

francemanfranceman10 months ago

Congratulations. Very good. 5⭐.

I really liked the story and the response to the comments.

It was a very good idea to get all the clichés out of the way before the discussion.

The same goes for the ego, which you treated fairly. And yes, ego isn't just for men.

Finally, someone writes that.

Yes I know we're on Lit and everything has to revolve around dick size, stud qualities or insecurities.........but a betrayal upsets a lot more otherwise than through sex itself.

And so when you're betrayed by family members or very close friends, where does the sex fit in?

And the younger the betrayal, the more it alters and shapes your future life.

Thank you for sharing this story, for stating some points of view.

Rocky62Rocky6210 months ago

Good solid response to a wife gone nutbar

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter10 months ago

Well, first off it is a kazoo, not gazoo, but who cares the picture it painted was priceless! Good story, thanks.

des911des91110 months ago

Well done. Good story, good characters, a bit of variety from the usual. Thank you for sharing

mainer42mainer4210 months ago

Good Story, thank you

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

I liked it a lot. My only problem is I feel like I've met that woman. I don't mean because of the cheating. I recognize the dissatisfaction and sense of entitlement.

Cracker270Cracker27010 months ago

Good story. Thank you for all your hard work

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

It was thrown out and used in an evil way. And caused what happened, deservedly. It definitely her and her sister's fault.

However, fragile male ego is a thing, and causes many divorces that didn't need to be.

At least on this forum, a man will throw away 20 years of a good happy marriage over one mistake. Why? Because of a fragile male ego. His insecurities come out of hiding and he is imagining a bunch of shit that is not even relevant to the situation. But that is what certain subset of readers love

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Very satisfying story!

5

TelleophoneTelleophone10 months ago

What’s a gazzoo??

Moonbat74Moonbat7410 months ago

Good story, I liked it. Would have liked a bit more info on the fallout with Donna and Doris.

DazzyDDazzyD10 months ago

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVzrnDLAiISiaDaBiDcjrvyHbqDFX7mxPMEWskSDZ4RQ&s

A noise maker that you hum into and sorta play a song.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This story is only 4 pages long, but I swear it felt like I was reading war and peace, the pacing was ridiculously slow.

servant111servant11110 months ago

Nice. Loved the marriage song rework.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very interesting chain of events; especially to get a son=in=law out of the deal. What happened at the school board and to the ex=wife and sister=in=law?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good stuff, thanks for posting. Very enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That "fragile male ego" line has always bothered me. Of course, the female saying it was feeding her own ego, but maybe women don't have egos???

*****

SorchakSorchak10 months ago

I don't know at a gazzoo is, but a KAZOO is "an American musical instrument that adds a 'buzzing' timbral quality to a player's voice when the player vocalizes into it." - from Wikipedia

I know I'm nitpicking, but it's the little details. And they do say the Devil is in them. Otherwise, a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good twist on the FME (Fragile Male Ego).

d1rty0ldMan74d1rty0ldMan7410 months ago

I like it when the bad guys get what's coming to them and you do that very well in your stories.

Doc_SportelloDoc_Sportello10 months ago

Story doesn't work for the same reason most BTB stories don't work: the wife is characterized as stupid, shallow, and selfish, but in 24 years of marriage the MC never notices? Is he autistic, or was the wife hit by a sudden Martian Bitch Ray?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

BORING!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This was very well developed . It had all the makings of a 5 star story, Characters were developed without pontificating on and on. They stayed true to a step by step increase in determination of a just reaction. It eliminated all the bill shit from the Cheaters Handbook and ended on several positive, enjoyable notes. Bravo to the writer.

sf_operative63sf_operative6310 months ago

Doesn't get better than this.

DOL

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One of the motivation factors ascribed to Donna for her behavior was a lust for more money (the other was, of course, listening to her Slut sister Doris). Specifically — she thought her husband should be making more money, and why didn’t he demand from his brother the CEO to get more?

.

This plot factor was too contrived. It is just not logical that hubby over 20 years of marriage would not have been fully transparent with his WIFE about the true nature of the ownership and operation of his business with his brother Bob. And was Bob’s wife Evelyn also in the dark about this? And if not, surely she and a Donna would have talked? And if so….WTF is a logical reason why the brothers would hide the nature of their business from their wives?

.

That plot hole aside, this was a very well written and paced rendition of a common trope in LW.

.

5 *****

Kevin1960Kevin196010 months ago

5 Stars, one of the most entertaining tales I've read. Loved the conversation with the cop in the car. When I read that, I knew I'd enjoy the rest. Chuckled out loud with the "Town Cryer" and their exit song.

Bluehorse64Bluehorse6410 months ago

Some original concepts. Thanks for writing this. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Cute, if formulaic, story. I see Ic69hunter's cuckish, woketard sensibilities are offended. What a tragedy....

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer10 months ago

Thank you. Fun story, even if we treat it as serious as it would be, if real. Finally we had a story that had correct legal situations regarding Trust ownership and split share of marital assets, including the family home. Many thanks. Cheers.

PowersworderPowersworder10 months ago

This was a great story... until the ending.

Any good BtB story must finish on a positive note for the husband. If he ends up depressed and grieving for the destruction of his marriage, it's a massive fail.

I gave it 4*, but this could have been hall-of-fame worthy if you'd ended it properly.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good offering from you, as usual. I admire you for stepping away from the usual by-the-numbers LW story. Your writing is evolving for the better. You still need an editor to eliminate some extraneous, wordy parts and fix some awkward wording. Five stars, solid.

Frank66Frank6610 months ago

Familiar story, common theme, predictable outcome- still I liked it a lot. Why? because it was told in such an interesting fashion. This is what the good story tellers do to distinguish themselves from the rest of us, who get an idea and write it down. Refreshing to read.

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

3 stars - for using every cliche in the cheater's handbook (some parts of it were quite funny) plus, DITTO to Reed Richard's comments below.

Have a nice day.

Medussa55Medussa5510 months ago

Being a romantic at heart (well sometimes while my black heart sleeps). A traditional tale but inovately written and paced I loved this 5 stars

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite10 months ago

In real life, there has never been a wife who told her husband, “I’m cheating and there’s nothing you can do about it.” I don’t know how it became such a standard in bad Loving Wives stories. It’s a contrived and lazy plot.

remb95remb9510 months ago

Liked the story and and the ending as well.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Solid structure and narrative although pretty light on dialogue. I did like the adventure with the cops in the park, that was unique. 4.2* overall.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

John's reaction close to what I think of as a reasonable response to a cheating wife would be sane. Now on to your other LW stories and some in the other categories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"Okay a few ground rules." I said. Her surprised 'ground rules' had me grin. "Yeah, first I don't want you to waste my time with explanations of how this guy you cheated on me with is so much more exciting than me.????

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done. 5*****

muskyboymuskyboy10 months ago

Well written cliche'-fest.

mazk1098mazk109810 months ago

MC's ego may have been fragile - but his character and convictions were sturdy enough to get out of bad situation. 5/5 :)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

@ ReedRichards

I thought RR may be interested in my take. I work in an enforcement role dealing with the public and almost every working day of my life I meet at least one complete imbecile who is convinced that he/she is a professor emeritus and knows the rules and regulations better than I do. I'm sure that some of them would quite happily amputate both feet just to prove in their minds that they are right and I am wrong. So, RR, never underestimate the human capacity for stupidity. Somewhere out there in the world there are people like Donna and Doris who've tried to pull the same shit and are scratching their heads in shocked bewilderment as to just how things could have failed to go according to plan. They walk among us, they really do!

I really enjoyed this story, loved the MC's wit and humour, not to mention his steely determination to put his abominable wife in her place. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very well done. This was an interesting (different) way to tell the story, starting with the police in the park. Thanks.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Damn good story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I always enjoy a new slant on a BTB story. Mark the Good guy's as a Win and the bad characters going down in flame. 5*.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

"This is not how it was supposed to go." - "How it was supposed to go?" Why because her slut sister said so?

\

I loved his preemptive strike on the compliments excuse.

\

"I cringed. I'd outed myself and revealed I knew too much." - I don't think it hurts anything.

\

"You want to be known as a cuck?" - No, not as a cuck, but as a cuckold. He avoided being a cuck by taking action.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not bad, not bad at all. But, it was long (longer than I felt it needed). As a result tedious.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave this five stars, but I do have a criticism. This started great, but then tailed off. The beginning was truly original and quietly moving, but the latter part turned into a standard revenge saga, all too regular on this site, where the beleaguered victim/hero destroys the cheater, leaves her life more or less in shambles, and moves on to bright new opportunities. All in all, it’s a good, if familiar, story that could have been outstanding. But still five stars.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Great story Gamblnluck. It would be a *5 anytime , but in a week of nothing but cuck crap in LW, I would give it an easy *50. I have to disagree with the inestimable RR, any woman, or man, who cheats in any marriage is stupid. The reward can’t possibly be worth the risk they take. Looking back on the RR catalog, I don’t remember reading about too many smart cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice story G…..

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nope!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine10 months ago

I liked it. Glad Gary and June hit it off. Gary is a good friend. June a good daughter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Disclaimer: no sex

Literotica should remove this mindless drivel by a man who was cheated on and writes out his intrusive thoughts. *yawn*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No bitches we’re burned here. She was thoroughly roasted to perfection, with tender, juicy meat and crispy skin, lightly seasoned with salty tears, served on a fluffy lifetime of regret. 🤌

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The end felt a bit rushed and I would have liked to see the various threads tied up a bit neater.

Somebody else already mentioned it, but throwing the fact that he was basically half-owner of the company in her face would have made for a nice scene and her reaction at learning that she had been planning to 'trade up' to one of his underlings rather than just a coworker would have been a pleasant addition.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbell10 months ago

Great story and five stars for you.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

Entirely too long, too boring and in desperate need of an editor.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story! I'm particularly impressed by how all the pieces came smoothly together.

rustynail95rustynail9510 months ago

Well, whether we admit it or not, we all have "Egos." Few people like to be humiliated and I guess our illustrious wife in this story forgot that simple fact. Stepping out is one thing. Making a spectacle of it is another. I am not sure how Donna missed that, but she did. And she paid the price. Good story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

A surprisingly good read, thanks again

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I very much enjoyed this! Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story, although a few LW cliches were part of the story line.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGamblnluck@Gamblnluck
I have been reading stories here for years. I had written stories for a role reversal site and wanted to expand that endeavor. Recently a friend asked me how I liked retirement and what I did with my time. I told him I write internet porn stories. As he looked surprised, I sai...