All Comments on 'My Girlfriend's Mom Ch. 01'

by TheGraduate88

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

1/2 of a story.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1/2 of a bad story. About a 28 year old senior? Just really bad at homework? Life story? Loves fatties, but dates a much thinner and younger girl anyway? More plot holes than an episode of Westworld, without any of the heat or interest level.

TheGraduate88TheGraduate88over 2 years agoAuthor

Normally I don't bother to respond to comments. My basic position is - if you don't like it, don't read it. If you like it, leave a favorable review. I'm really NOT looking for suggestions. But this one sort of pissed me off since this story is partly autobiographical. I leave it to you, gentle reader, to decide which parts. But the 28-year-old senior comment just pissed me off since this clown purports to be a keen analyst but is obviously too stupid to actually think. So here's how you get to be a 28-year-old senior. Graduate at 18. Junior college for two years gets you to 20 (for those of you arithmetic challenged). Two years knocking around the country taking odd jobs, just seeing things. Sort of the middle-class carpenter's son's version of a Kennedy's year in Europe. Construction labor in Texas and Colorado, wash dishes in Alabama and Florida, pump gas in Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. You get the picture. Four years in the U.S. Air Force doing your trick for your country. Following the math here genius? 18+2+2+4=26. The Junior year gets you to 27. And, yep, Senior year is 28. Oh, and for the record, my GPA is a 4.0 dating back to 1973. Got it junior? ((smiles)) Y'all have a nice rest of your life now, y'hear.

pantographpantographover 2 years ago

A hopefully constructive note - as polarizing as Fox News is, you might get better ratings without making it a focal point in your stories. It's likely to split your audience 50/50.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Political Ideology is NOT Romance.

unclebeardyunclebeardyover 2 years ago

The politics kills any inclination to finish the story.

Fox has been shown to leave you less well informed than not watching the news at all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well written. You are a skillful writer, and I'm sure that would show through in stories such as this, or if you were contracted to write an instruction manual for an air conditioner!

Well done.

ITakePicturesITakePicturesabout 2 years ago

Lot of naysayers here. Too bad they got hung up on details. Details that are like sprinkles on a cup cake, they don’t matter because you’ll eat the cupcake anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nicely written but barely developed

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it! A fun, light-hearted beginning to a story about a guy who thinks he may have found the right lady. Don't listen to the naysayers, they always get hung up on details. Not enough of this, too much of that. You write your stories the way you want to tell them. As you said in your response comment, they don't have to read the story. I really enjoyed it. Thank you. 5⭐

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Five stars, but Faux News? Really? If it has to be conservative, couldn’t it be The Wall Street Journal and National Review? At least they’re journalism, not entertainment.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTheGraduate88@TheGraduate88
1948 Natal Year. 1968 Draftee. 1976 B.S. 1978 M.A. Four decades as a professional planner. Free thinker, part of the sexual revolution, enjoyer of women, strictly heterosexual.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES