My Korean Christmas Prince Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You... you would do that? Just for a relationship with someone like me? That's crazy," I say stunned, still not quite able to believe the enormity of what Yeong-soo is saying he would do, throw away his entire career, just for someone like me.

"It's not crazy, and I would," Yeong-soo says resolutely. "And if you don't believe I would do it, to prove it, I'm giving you this."

Yeong-soo drop his hands from mine to fumble in his pocket, and then he hands me a small black velvet box.

"Is this..." I look up at Yeong-soo in astonishment with question marks in my eyes.

"Yes," he says as I slowly open the box revealing a gorgeous and obviously hugely expensive piece of jewelry: a thin band with gemstones glittering in the light like miniature stars. "It's the engagement ring I was supposed to give to Yu-jin. This isn't a proposal. But it is a sign of my promise to you. I promise that if there comes a time when we decide we're going to really be together, then I will be prepared and ready to make the announcement."

My mind is like a whirlwind, and I can barely think. "I can't ask you to do that, potentially give up everything, just for me," I manage to get out. My voice has gone clumsy with confusion.

"It's my choice to make," Yeong-soo says decisively.

"I... I don't know what to say."

"Say yes. Say that you'll give us a try at least. Please, Caleb."

I have to close my eyes to shut out the pleading look on Yeong-soo's face. I think about these past two days with Yeong-soo. I think about the way he makes me feel, how that feeling is like nothing I've ever felt before. I think about the misery I've been in all day, how my heart feels directly tied to Yeong-soo, what it feels like to be near him now. How there was only a one in a million chance that we would meet in the first place, and who knows what our chances are that things will work out between us, but that if Yeong-soo is willing to give it a try, to go for a relationship that could end up costing him everything, then how could I not do the same when I had so much less to lose? What reason could I give?

...And that was it. No reason at all, except for my own fear.

I open my eyes and look straight into Yeong-soo's own.

"Yes," I finally say. "Yes, let's give it a try."

"Caleb..." Yeong-soo's brilliant smile comes out at last and I'm smiling too, and we step forward to bridge the short distance between us and wrap our arms around each other. After a moment Yeong-soo leans back a little as if asking permission and my eyes are telling him yes, yes, yes, and then (finally!) we share our first kiss.

But one kiss is definitely not enough, and then I don't know whether we're laughing or crying or what, but we're kissing each other as if we've been starving for each other all day. We're exploring each other with our hands and our mouths and we're finding out how perfectly our bodies fit together, and it's like everything that was wrong is finally now right, and it's like heaven.

Later when we're back sitting on the couch looking at the tree, I think to myself that if Yeong-soo is willing to sacrifice his acting career, then I should also think about what I might do with the farm in the future. It's a scary idea, to even think about giving up the farm that generations of my family worked so hard for. But I don't have to decide now, and I feel certain that if Yeong-soo is by my side we can handle any challenge thrown our way, we can weather any change... together.

I turn to Yeong-soo and run my fingers lightly up his cheek and then through his beautifully straight black hair. I lean in to kiss his cheek, the cheek of this incredible man that I just can't get enough of, that I don't think I'll ever get tired of spending time with.

"Merry Christmas, Yeong-soo," I say gently to him with a wide smile and a look of happiness that I couldn't hide if I tried.

"Merry Christmas, Caleb," he says smiling back.

The lights on the tree twinkle, and it's almost like my parents are watching over us, like maybe they can finally approve of what they see, like they can finally be happy for me. I feel full to the brim with happiness, and I know one thing for sure: This is one Christmas that Yeong-soo and I will never, ever forget.

Author's note: Thank you so much for reading all the way to the end of My Korean Christmas Prince. Even though this concludes Hallyu Stories, Series 1, there will be a second (and probably final) Hallyu Stories series at some point. That series will feature an entirely new set of characters and be focused on the music side of the Korean wave, but Caleb and Yeong-soo will make a cameo appearance where we will find out a little bit more about how things worked out for them. (Don't worry! They're still together!) Please look forward to it, and thank you for all your support!