All Comments on 'My Little Ventrue Pt. 07 Ch. 17'

by NovusAnimus

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is beyond good. I would buy this book - or this series of books. Thank you for sharing!

ShuruikanShuruikanalmost 3 years ago

Totally worth the long waiting, very good ending on that arc! Amazing job!!!

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 3 years ago
Congratulations

Congratulations

I have been with you since the beginning and loved every chapter , I don't think this is the end but WOW!

This is a series that I have fallen in love with more twists and turns then a can full of fishing worms HAHAHAHAH .

As we say "onward through the fog "

thanks for the read a 5*'s as always

txcracker Cheers

NovusAnimusNovusAnimusalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the love, readers. :)

KellvallonKellvallonalmost 3 years ago

Excellent conclusion to the Angela story arc. Great job. Just some speculation on future plot lines but I’m guessing Elaine was Victors sire and has ties to the strix. As far as the future goes for Jack, I really hope he and Clara can be together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done; you captured the pathos of a grim victory. Most victories of war entail loss, either of mortal bodies or damage to the participants' souls. War is a horror no one should have to endure, even when fought for the most honorable of intentions.

Perhaps, one day, we may figure this out as a society, but I fear we are governed by what one researcher has named the 80 Year Cycle, (may not be the precise name, it's been a while since I read his book.) His background is history, I believe. He looked back to our beginnings as a country and found a pattern of a majorly destructive war about every 80 years.

His premise, or hypothesis, was the generations who experienced the war first hand, (eiither involved directly, or as witness), would, for the most part, spend the rest of their lives avoiding another.

As each succeeding generation gets further and further away from the first hand experience of the horrors of war, they begin to be less hesitant about using war as a solution, or to be avoided at all costs. Eventually, memory fades enough, and the pattern repeats. The author shows how we have done this through out our history, and contends without a major breakthrough in learning from unexpereinced history, we are doomed to repeat the cycle.

I thought after the devastating social and human effects of Vietnam, we would never again become involved in war; I see how naive I was, at the time, but I was merely playing my role in the cycle. I always had older from friends, from a young age. By a few months after 16, I was living on my own. That was the Autumn, 1969, and older friends were beginning to come back from 'Nam, damaged, in one way, or another.

There was something about the young men from my home town which drew others to them, and many of them brought fellow veterans with them; it may have been because it was a small, quiet and generally pleasant small town, not caught up in the turmoils of the time. Certainly, it is a beautiful locale, in middle Oregon; its temperate climate may have played a part.

Not all was well on the homefront, the forced induction to feed the war machine with fresh recruits changed the attitudes of those going to war. Social changes were just beginning to create rifts in families. Thr fallout was many of the sons, who were showered with love when leaving for war, found they became not welcome in their family homes, when they spoke truth about the folly of Vietnam, and war, in general.

Their fathers, and uncles, grandfathers, even, had come home from WWII, victorius after defeating a European evil, and an Asian aggressor. Those fathers, uncles and grandfathers could not understand the change in their progeny, as many volunteered, and marched off fueled by a marketing campaign designed to make young men feel it was their turn to 'defend our nation', against the latest threat to our country.

I remember being caught up in it; "Gonna enlist as soon as high school ends." Then, my friends started coming home. Many ended up staying with me for varying lengths of time, until I left for university just before my 20th birthday. I saw the damage of war to these young men, up close and personal.

The experience quickly broke through the war marketing, 'Do Your Duty' campaign, and the societal pressure to 'Do your part in defending our country.

Several months ago, I heard a short segment of the radio about 'recent studies' showing the damaging effects of war on even those who did not see literal "combat action". Hell, I learned that, as a kid, 50 fucking years ago. It didn't take research, it just took being a friend, or offering a place to stay while they recovered from familial rejection, or from financial deprivation due to DoD red-tape or ineffectness.

I was reminded of much of what I saw in my friends, both old and new, by what you wrote about Jack and 'the crew'. You captured it well. The result was what writers hope to elicit with their words; understanding, and a sense of a shared experience.

You succeeded, and did it well; too bad it's such a shitty experience to share.

Your challenge now is to heal your characters, to the extent each one is able to be healed, and with those words lift the spirits of your readers, as well.

{No pressure, dude... lol

Regards,

GeoD

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaalmost 3 years ago

I'd love to feel this was closing the book on Jeremiah, but you're a sneaky cliffhangermancer, and I'm sure he's left all sorts of surprises to activate after his death to plague us for chapters to come. Dang you to heck!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love this novel keeps me on the edge of my seat.

sweetone66sweetone66almost 3 years ago

This was a wonderful ending to an epic battle, but I am already looking forward to what I know will be an excellent chapter!!! Thank you NovasAnimus for your time and talent... it must suck when some act like your stories are their due, and they appear not to appreciate your hard work.

NovusAnimusNovusAnimusalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the love, readers.

@SweetOne I used to be a game designer. You develop a thick skin quickly. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNovusAnimus@NovusAnimus
Check out my Patreon to see what I'm working on, get involved, vote on things, and check out art: https://www.patreon.com/AniNovu Every chapter/story I write will first be available on Patreon, and then Literotica 12~ days later! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Currently Writing:...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES