My Mid-life Crisis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have it all sorted, don't you?"

"I believe so, yes."

Breakfast took hours and several cups of coffee. A pad was produced and I began sketching ideas for cyclone proofing the van sites, and making the administration building and ancillary buildings storm proof. Kate looked over my shoulder as I drew. "You could always set up as an Architect here, couldn't you?"

"What, and be too busy to spend time with my family?" I reached over and rubbed her tummy, which was just beginning to show the first signs of her pregnancy.

A lot can happen in twelve months. We bought the caravan park for a reasonable price, and set about making the improvements that were needed. The van sites now had anchor points designed to keep the vans in place in category 5 cyclones. This also involved skirts that will prevent the winds getting under the vans and placing additional strain on the anchor chains or straps. The improvements to the permanent building meant that the park guests, those that stayed, would be able to shelter from the storm in comfort and not have to ride it out in their vans, We had provided sleeping places, made the kitchen and eating facilities available to them if required, ablution facilities and recreational facilities to keep them safe and happy for up to a week.

These improvements resulted in our caravan park gaining an additional two stars in the Tourist Board rating system. We were unable to get another star, no matter how hard we tried, because there were no more stars to get.

Four months into the twelve, Kate had to take a time out to bring our son Cameron into the world. As we had become accustomed, the birth went without a hitch and he is coming along nicely. While not managing to sleep through the entire night, we still manage to get an adequate night's sleep. That will change in the not too distant future because Kate is pregnant for the second time. A decision will have to be made sometime soon as to when we are going to stop, having kids that is, there is no way that we are ever going to stop making love, we both enjoy it far too much.

Both our houses in Adelaide were sold, part of the proceeds of the sale of Kate's went to Sebastian. All of that went in legal fees incurred in his unsuccessful attempts to avoid conviction. He was lucky to get that, because the prosecutors claimed it under the 'proceeds of crime' laws and it took some bargaining for Seb's legal team to get their fees covered.

The day after our Lawyer advised us that the decree absolute had been granted, Kate and I were married. It was a simple affair, just Kate and I, and Cameron, and a hundred or so park guests and assorted hangers on. I guess that you could say that I have survived my mid-life crisis.