My New Girlfriend Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hallie, I meant what I said. The only way my life could be ruined is to not have you in it," I reply. Hallie's eyes begin to tear up. "Hallie...I spoke with my mother...She knows about us."

Hallie's eyes widen and she takes a step back.

"What?" She exclaims.

"I told her everything and she's fine with it...She said she would help us," I reply.

"Why would you tell her Simon?" Hallie shouts. I stand up and step over to her.

"Because I love you and will do anything I have to, if it means I can be with you. And I trust my mother," I say looking her in the eyes.

"And she's fine with it?" Hallie asks.

"Yeah, I mean she was shocked at first but at no point did she disapprove of our relationship. She actually can't wait to meet you," I reply.

"No way Simon! I can't meet her!" Hallie exclaims.

"I'm not saying it has to be straight away but she's very insistent," I reply.

"Simon this is all too much. I...I need to think about this," she says as she steps away and heads towards the door. "You can sleep on the sofa, just lock up when you leave in the morning."

I take a step towards her.

"Simon, please don't!" She says sternly. I quickly back off and Hallie leaves the room. I sit down and make myself comfortable on the sofa. I want nothing more than to be in the bed with Hallie and I'm still worried about what is going to happen but I'm so exhausted a lay back, close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

I'm awakened by the sound of my phone ringing next to me. Exhausted I pick it up and answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Simon finally, I've been calling for twenty minutes. Can you come pick me up?" Mom asks.

"Yeah sorry, late night... What time?" I ask.

"Now, they've already said I can go," she replies.

"Ok I will get sorted and head through," I reply.

"Ok, you will have to come up to the ward," she says.

"Yeah fine, see you then," I reply as I hang up the call.

I lay there trying to get my bearings for a minute or two. I realise that I have a blanket covering me which wasn't there when I went to sleep. I take it off me, fold it neatly before placing it on a chair. I'm still dressed and all I need to do is put my shoes on. As I head for the front door I stop at the foot of the stairs and look up in the hope of seeing Hallie. I decide it's best to leave her alone and quickly head out.

As I leave the house the cold morning air takes my breath away. The sun is still low in the sky as I walk down the path, out the gate and over to my frozen car. I unlock the door before climbing in and starting the engine.

As I wait for my car to defrost, I check my phone in the hope Hallie had messaged. It's almost nine o'clock, I have several missed calls from my mother and a few answers phone messages but that's it. I place my phone down onto the centre console and wait for my windows to clear.

As I'm about to drive away Hallie appears in one of the upstairs windows. I pause for a few seconds before waiving at her, she doesn't respond to my gesture and after a few seconds withdraws away from the window just ask quickly as she appeared. My heart sinks I feel this as a bad sign, I fear that she's made her mind up and I've lost her. I want to stay but I know I need to go pick up my mother. I put my car into gear and pull away.

When I reach the hospital, I head straight up to the ward to collect my mother and her things. When I enter the ward, my mother is sat with her bags at the nurse's station talking to a couple of the nurses on duty. As I approach, she sees me and stops talking.

"There's my son," she says.

"Morning," I reply. "Are you ready?"

"Yes, get me out of here," she replies. "It's bad enough I work here last thing I wanted to do is spend the night as a patient."

I take her bags as she collects a pair of crutches and lifts herself onto her feet. It's a long walk back to the car and being on crutches mom's pace was painfully slow.

"You look tired," she says.

"Yeah, I ended up back at Hallie's," I reply.

"How did it go?" She asks.

"Terrible," I reply.

"Does she know that I know?" She asks.

"Yeah," I reply.

"And," she continues.

"I don't know mom. She was angry and to be honest scared shitless. I'm not even sure if we're still in a relationship, she said she needs to think," I reply.

"Maybe I should talk to her?" Mom asks.

"Fuck no!" I reply sharply.

"Simon, trust me I can help," she replies.

"Mom, no offence but she was angry I told you...I think if I turn up with you, we're definitely over," I reply.

"Or she will be reassured that everything is ok and she will calm down," she replies.

"No...Mom, I just can't take that risk," I reply.

"Simon, right now she's scared and is looking for a reason to end things. She probably doesn't want to but she's going to make that decision but she will see it as the only way to protect you," she says. "You don't want it to end do you?"

I take a deep breath in and go quiet while considering my options. We reach the car, I help my mother into the passenger seat and put her bags in the back. As I sit down into the driver's seat, she looks at me.

"Well?" She asks.

"I can't mom," I say. "Right now, there's still a chance everything will be ok."

"I can't force you to Simon but I think you're making a big mistake. She's likely already made the decision," she replies.

"Then why hasn't she told me?" I snap.

"Because she loves you and doesn't want to hurt you. She's going to cling on for as long as she can looking for a sign that the two of you can still be together and that it will be ok," she replies calmly.

"Are you sure?" I ask desperate for reassurance.

"Yes," mom replies assuredly. I sit and think for a second.

"Fine, I will take you to her house and I will ask her if you can meet her. But if she say's no we come away and you leave it alone," I reply.

"Fine," mom replies.

The whole drive back my head is spinning as I question my decision over and over. The closer we get to Hallie's the more I begin to regret my choice. At this point I feel like I've lost her and this really is me spending my last few pennies on a scratcher moment while praying for a miracle.

As we pull into the Mount Brown estate my mother sits up in her seat.

"She doesn't live down here, does she?" She asks.

"Yeah, she does," I reply.

"Christ her family must be doing well if they can afford a place down here," she replies.

I pull up to the gates of Hallie's house, open my window and type the code into the security panel. My mother's jaw hits the floor.

"Simon...No way this is her house," she says.

"Yeah, it is," I reply.

"It's so big," she replies.

"Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction too," I reply.

"Look at the size of that front door! Aw my God it's so beautiful with the wrought iron and the wood," she says in awe.

"Look, just stay here. I'll be back," I say sternly.

I get out of my car, walk up to the door and press the doorbell. It takes a few presses before I hear the door being unlocked from the other side. The door opens slowly and Hallie's face gradually appears from behind it.

"Hey," I say.

"Why are you here?" She asks bluntly.

"Can I come in?" I ask.

"Literally three feet inside the door that's it," she replies while taking a few steps back. I step in and close the door over behind me.

"Well?" She asks. I'm well aware she doesn't want me here but at this point I agree our relationship is probably over if I don't push through.

"Look, I know you want some time and I will give you that time but..." I hesitate as I try to piece together the next sentence out of my mouth.

"But?" Hallie asks impatiently.

"Look..." I take a deep breath. "My mothers in the car, she really wants to meet you," I blurt out.

"What?" Hallie shouts, "have you lost your fucking mind?"

"Probably," I say. I hear a bang behind me, the sound of metal hitting off wood. I look around and watch as the front door swings open.

"Yoo-hoo, it's only me," I hear as my mother appears in the doorway, awkwardly trying to open the door with her crutch while trying to step up into the house. I spin my head back around so see Hallie retreat. I instinctively step forward to clear some space to allow my mother in. Once past the door she steadies herself on her crutches. I watch as she looks up and scans the room.

"Oh wow! This is beautiful," she says. "Gosh look at the chandelier...and...oh wow look at that staircase!"

"Mom, I said to wait in the car," I snap.

"Never mind that," she replies pushing past me. "Oh Simon...she's stunning!"

Hallie looks terrified as my mother approaches her.

"You are beautiful," mom says. Hallie doesn't respond and drops her head down to face the floor.

"Hey now don't be scared of me sweetheart, I'm not going to hurt you," she says. "Can we go an sit down? My leg is killing me."

"Through there, mom," I reply pointing towards the living room. Mom motions Hallie through the door and I follow them into the room.

"There you go. You take a seat there and I will sit over here," mom says while hobbling over to the sofa across from Hallie. Hallie sits herself down and shuffles right to the back of the seat. She curls up, wrapping her arms tightly around her knees. I sit myself down in front of and slightly to the side of her.

"You don't have to be nervous Hallie," my mom says.

"Can you blame her? You were meant to stay in the car," I respond aggressively.

"Oh, be quiet Simon, he's such a petulant brat isn't he Hallie," mom replies. Hallie says nothing. I can feel Hallie shaking through the seat cushion. Mom exhales loudly through her nose, I know from experience that she's deep in thought. There's an awkward silence in the room, mom's quiet and so is Hallie. I fully regret me decision now and believe that I've destroyed any chance of being with Hallie.

I turn to face Hallie, she looks terrified, all the colour has gone from her face and her lips have gone blue.

"Are you ok?" I say quietly. Hallie shakes her head. I turn to look at my mother.

"We should go mom," I say. Mom exhales again through her nose, lifts up her crutches and uses them to stand up. I stand up too and take a step towards the door. I look back at Hallie and then notice that my mother isn't heading towards the door but directly over to Hallie. When she reaches the sofa, she inelegantly sits herself down next to Hallie.

"Simon be a dear and go make Hallie a cup of coffee," she says. Hallie raises her head and looks at me with a frightened expression on her face, shaking her head.

"Hallie doesn't drink coffee mom," I reply.

"Tea then," she replies in a frustrated manner.

"She doesn't drink tea either," I reply.

"Then make me one. Just piss off and let us girls talk for five minutes!" She shouts. Hallie shakes her head at me again to tell me not to go, mom sees this.

"It's ok sweetheart I promise I'm not going to hurt you," she says caringly. "Simon coffee, milk, no sugar."

It feels wrong to leave Hallie but I know I have to trust my mother. I walk out the door but come to a stop a matter of feet into the entrance hall. I look back and can still see my mom who's twisted her body more towards Hallie. Mom looks up and sees me standing there and gives me the shoo motion. Reluctantly I take the hint and head to the kitchen.

It quickly dawns on me that I have no idea where they keep the coffee. First walk over to the kettle and switch it on, then I start opening cupboards frantically. I don't want to be away for a second longer than I need to. I quickly make my way through all the cupboards with no joy. I consider going back and asking Hallie where to find the coffee but think better of it. I start going back through the cupboards this time spending more time to moving things in case its hidden behind other things.

Again, I come up empty and I'm becoming really anxious, the kettle has finished boiling and I haven't found the coffee. I decide to grab a cup and the milk in the meantime, I place them down next to the kettle, I notice three small pots next to the kettle with sugar, tea and coffee written on them. I'm kicking myself for not noticing them sooner. I pour the milk into the cup first then the hot water before a spoonful of coffee because that's the way my mother likes it done. I prefer milk last but she swears she can tell the difference so I don't argue. I quickly stir, discard the spoon into the sink and head back.

I'm walking as fast as I can, but I've over filled the cup in my haste and I'm trying my best not to spill any. I walk past the staircase and as I do I hear something coming from the living room. I only hear it for a split second but it sounds a bit like someone coughing.

I quickly walk through the door spilling some of the coffee over my foot as I do. I feel the hot liquid burn my foot but I don't care. I look towards the sofa and see Hallie and my mother sitting together on the sofa shoulder to shoulder, mom has her hands stretched out across Hallie with her phone in her hands.

Hallie has a smile on her face, I can't believe it. She looks up at me and her smile grows before returning her gaze to the phone.

"And this is Simon when he was ten months old," mom says.

"Aww, look at him in that wool jumper and those socks...so cute," Hallie swoons.

"I hated that jumper. His grandma knitted it for him and she was there that day, poor kid always had to wear what she knitted. I almost turned myself in for child neglect," mom replies. Hallie laughs as mom swipes again.

"Aww, who's your friend Simon?" Hallie says looking up at me. I'm speechless, I'm thinking how long have I been out the room and what the hell's happening?

"That's Roland Rat. Simon took him everywhere, probably until he was about ten. He was so tatty in the end," mom replies.

"Erm...What's going on?" I ask.

"I'm just showing Hallie some of your baby pics," mom replies.

"And...Is...Everything ok?" I reply.

"Yeah, why do you not trust me?" Mom replies.

"I'm just shocked that's all," I reply.

"Well, you should learn to trust your mother," mom replies. She lowers her phone and grabs her crutches. "Come on you can take me home." She stands up and starts to move towards the door.

"I'll see you later sweetheart, I will dig out more pictures to show you next time. I can't wait to show you the picture of him as a mouse in his first school play," she says while moving past me. "Come on Simon."

"Erm..." Is all I can reply, gobsmacked at the turn of events.

"Don't worry you can come straight back after you drop me off," she says. I take a half step towards the door before stopping and looking back at Hallie. She looks at me and smiles before standing up. She pauses for a few seconds before taking a few steps towards me.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah...I am now," she replies.

"Are we...?" I ask. Hallie smiles, closes the gap between us, slowly raising her hand placing it on my cheek before tenderly kissing me on the lips. Those two seconds her lips touch mine instantly lift all the stress and anxiety I've been feeling.

"Simon! Come on!" Comes a shout from outside the room.

"I should quickly get rid of her," I say. "Is it alright if I come back?"

"Of course," Hallie replies. "Don't take too long."

Elated I kiss her again and we walk together to the front door. As I leave, I keep looking back, although she has puffy eyes from crying and dried tears on her face, Hallie has the biggest smile I think that I've ever seen her have. I walk over to the car and stand by the driver's door looking up at Hallie.

"Simon!" Mom shouts from inside the car.

"I won't be long," I say to Hallie as I climb into the car.

"Finally," mom says as I start the engine, Hallie opens the gate from the house and I drive out.

"I get it," mom says as we leave the driveway.

"What?" I reply.

"Why you like her, I get it. She's lovely," mom replies.

"Yeah, she is," I reply.

"I never thought I'd see you be so caring," mom says.

"What?" I reply confused.

"The way you are around her, you're so caring," she replies.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"The way you look at her, the fact you sat yourself between me and her to shield her. I could see she was anxious and without even looking it was like you knew, you placed your hand on her foot and gave it a squeeze to reassure her,"

"I didn't even realise I did that," I reply.

"Simon, I've had my share of men and not one of them ever looked at me the way you do her," mom says proudly. I find myself blushing and quickly seek to change the subject.

"What did you say to her?" I ask.

"I'm not telling you that," mom replies.

"Why not?" I ask.

"It's not for you to know," mom replies.

"Fine I will ask her," I reply.

"Ask her, she won't tell you," mom replies smugly. I begin to feel uneasy over the secrecy.

"Seriously what happened when I was gone," I ask.

"Nothing you need worry about...Now your only job is not to fuck things up," mom replies.

"I don't plan to," I reply. "I do love her mom."

"I know you do and she loves you too...I can tell," she replies.

We rarrive home and I help my mother into the house. I quickly run around the house collecting things that she may need close to her while she rests. I'm so anxious to get back to Hallie that I can barely keep a thought inside my head for more than two seconds, which makes things really slow as I keep forgetting what I'm gathering as I rush around the house. Having taken way longer than I wanted and armed with a fresh set of clothes. I get myself ready to leave. I have mom sat in the living room with her foot raised on a footstool with snacks and drinks all ready for her should she need them.

"Right mom, I'll be back later tonight to help," I say.

"No need. Go spend some time with Hallie," she replies. "I'll be alright to get up to bed, it's not my first time on crutches."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes, the two of you need to be together tonight," she replies.

"Ok, I will be back in the morning, text me with anything you need me to bringing back, ok?" I say.

"I'll be fine," she replies.

"Ok, I'm off," I reply. I dart out the room and just as I enter the hallway I stop in my tracks. I turn around and pop my head around the door.

"Mom thank you so much. I think I would have lost her if it wasn't for you," I say. "And thanks for being cool with her being trans...It means a lot," I say while holding back my emotions.

"You're welcome. You've got a good one there...Don't ever be ashamed of her," she replies.

"Never have been, never will be," I reply leaving the room again. With that I leave the house, jump in my car and head back to Hallie's.

I put my toe down a little on the way back to Hallie's. Buoyed by how things were left I can't wait to get back to her. I pull up outside the gates and quickly type in the security code. The gates open and I pull through. The garage has been opened, I pull in, turn off my car, jump out and close the garage behind me before rushing to the front door.

I open the door cautiously and step in.

"Hallie?" I shout as I enter and closing the door behind me. There's no response so I walk to the foot of the stairs.

"Hallie?" I shout up the stairs. I hear a door close down the corridor and turn to face the direction of the sound. Hallie appears around the corner wearing my sports shirt. She looks a little flushed as her skin is a little red and I notice her hairs wet, pulled back into a simple ponytail. She sees me and smiles.

"You're home!" She shouts with glee as she runs towards me. She jumps up, wraps her legs around my waist and wraps her arms tightly around my neck. I stumble backwards before regaining my balance. She kisses me passionately on the lips. I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her tight. I try desperately to hold it together as I'm overcome with emotion.