My New Girlfriend Pt. 05 - The Finale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, no problem," He replies. "What happened?"

"Hallie happened," I snap.

"Hallie?" He replies. "She's at home."

"Yeah...well, it's not entirely her fault. Top and bottom of it. Hallie spoke to a friend of Becca's back home, earlier today and asked about me. That friend told Becca who thought it was weird. She went on the internet, found a picture of me and Hallie together. She put two and two together and flipped," I reply.

"Ah shit, sorry," Peter replies.

"It's fine, like I say I can't really blame Hallie," I reply. "Listen, when can I get the key?"

"Shit!" Peter replies. "I'm in Hong Kong, Simon. I'm catching the early flight to Taipei...I'm not home for another six days and the spare keys in the apartment."

"Fuck!" I reply. "I forgot you were away."

There's a long silence between the two of us.

"Look, you still have all your vacation leave to take. Just take some and go away somewhere," Peter says. "However long you need, just take it."

"I wouldn't know where to go," I reply.

"Who cares just go anywhere," Peter replies.

"Like where?" I reply. "I'm by myself, I can't go to a party destination and I can't go to a couple or family type place."

"Then go somewhere relaxing," Peter replies. "Oh, I know. Go to that place in Belize, where I took Susan last year... Luxury villa, quiet beach, swimming pool, amazing food, it's on a small island, you'll love it."

"I'm not going all the way to Belize for a holiday, by myself," I reply.

"Simon, trust me. I'll email you over the details. Do yourself a favour spend some fucking money and get yourself over there...Do two weeks, one's just not worth it," Peter replies.

"I'll think about it," I reply.

"No, Simon, I'm forcing you to go," Peter replies.

"You can't force me to go to Belize," I reply.

"Well, I am," Peter replies. "I've sent you the details."

"Ok, I'll look at it," I reply.

"Do yourself a favour, there's a guy who works there...Agustín guys a legend. As soon as you get there, find him, tip him a thousand US and the guy will look after you. Whatever you need," Peter replies.

"A thousand bucks?" I reply.

"Don't be cheap Simon, you'll get out what you put in trust me," Peter replies. "You can move into the apartment when you get back, I'll leave the key at the office."

"Fine," I reply. "See you in a few."

"Catch later Simon," Peter replies before hanging up the phone.

I look at the resort Peter sends me and he's right, five-star, tiny island, beautiful villas with un spoilt views of the Gulf of Mexico. With a little hesitation, I decide to have a look at what bookings are available and see one opening for a flight out on Monday morning.

I figure that gives me time store at my things at my mothers, catch up with friends and fly out soon after. The price makes my eyes water a little, but I push through and book it. It's my first holiday since I was a kid and I can't help but get a little excited about it.

The next morning the landlord turn up very early, does an inspection of the house and despite a few minor dents and scuffs on the walls he's happy with the condition of the property. I ask him for a bill for the damages and pay him on the spot, before signing myself off the tenancy agreement. I throw my clothes and my high-end TV in my car. Then I hand the landlord my house keys, get in my car and drive away. I leave everything else for Becca.

Driving home I come to the realisation that I don't want to stay at my mom's house. I decide to call Dave instead.

"Hello?" Dave says sounding quite groggy.

"Alright son?" I reply.

"Hey..." he sniffles.

"Rough one?" I ask.

"Nah...Late one," he replies. "Mate its nine thirty on a Saturday, why are you waking me?"

"I'm coming home and I need a place to crash," I reply.

"You're coming home?" Dave replies his voice springing into excitement.

"Yeah, just for a few days. I'm going on holiday Monday," I reply.

"Yeah, no problem. It'll be good to have you home mate, it's been too long," he replies.

"Ok cool, then I'll see you in a few hours," I reply.

I drive to my mom's house first to store my TV. When I pull up, I see that my mom's car isn't there.

"Yes...The Gods are shining on me today," I say to myself.

Not knowing when or if mom will be back, I quickly rush in with my TV and stash it in my old room. I sort through what clothes I'll need for over the weekend and Belize. I leave what I don't need and get out of there within a few minutes.

I head to Dave's house which is just around the corner. I pull onto his driveway and park up. The front door opens and out steps a smiling Dave. I turn the engine off and step out of the car.

"Wolfie!" He says rushing towards me.

He throws his arms around me and gives me a big hug.

"Don't call me that," I reply.

"What?" he replies. "Why not?"

"Because I'm not a dick, so don't call me it," I reply.

"Debatable," Dave replies laughing.

"Touché," I reply.

"How about subprime?" he asks.

"What?" I reply confused.

"Subprime...you know from The Big Short?" He replies.

"That's banking you dick!" I reply disapprovingly.

"No, they were stockbrokers," he replies.

"Yeah, who bet against the subprime lenders..." I reply somewhat flustered. "Never mind, just don't call me that either."

"Fine...just trying to give you a cool nickname," he replies.

"You need to stop watching so many movies," I reply.

Dave snatches my bag out of my hands.

"It's alright, I've got it," I say while trying to snatch it back from him.

"Fuck that," he replies before turning and running up to the house.

He opens the front door, throws my bag in and closes the door again.

"We're going for a drink," he says.

"Actually, that sounds really good to me," I reply.

We start walking and Dave turns to me.

"What happened to you?" He asks. "Your face and arms are a mess."

"Becca and I broke up," I reply.

"Shit!" Dave exclaims. "Becca did that?"

"Yeah, with an umbrella," I laugh. "I actually thought she broke my arm at one point."

"What did you do to deserve that?" He asks.

"You know what?" I reply. "I did nothing wrong."

We talk the whole way into town and head to one of our old haunts. I buy Dave a drink and we head straight over to the pool table. We play a few games, reminisce about old times and drink heavily. I'm loving it, just being here with my best friend makes me regret not doing it more.

"I'm going for a piss," Dave says. "You rack them up and I'll get the round in when I come back."

Dave heads off and I setup the table for our next game. My phone rings, I pull it out and answer it.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, Simon?" A voice replies.

"Yes," I reply suspiciously.

"Hi Simon it's Officer Jones from City Police," the voice replies.

"Oh hi," I reply.

"Look I'm calling because Rebecca has been arrested again this afternoon," he replies.

"You're joking?" I reply in shock.

"I'm afraid not. We were called to a disturbance at your property around one thirty. When we arrived, we found Rebecca smashing out the windows of the property and she's caused quite a bit damage inside too. We tried to arrest her and she assaulted one of our officers. So, she's currently been charged with criminal damage and assaulting a police officer. I was wondering if you could come to the property and secure it. And could you also provide us with a statement on anything of yours that she may have damaged?"

"I've nothing to do with that property, as of this morning. Any damages will have to be reported to the landlord," I reply.

"Ah ok, thanks. Do you have their contact information," he replies.

I provide him the landlords information and end the call. I turn around to finish my drink and see a dazed looking Dave come around the corner. He slowly walks past the bar and straight towards me.

"Erm, beer?" I say as he walks over.

"S...Sorry, bud," he replies clearly distracted by something.

"No worries, I'll get them in," I reply.

I hurry over to the bar, order our drinks before taking them back to Dave.

"You alright?" I ask as I hand him his drink.

"Simon?" Dave says in a hesitant manner.

"Yeah," I reply.

"When I was taking a piss, I looked at my phone...I was tagged in a message on Shitbook from Becca," he says.

I already know what's coming. My blood runs cold, my heart sinks and I feel a cold sweat begin to form on my forehead.

"And?" I ask, desperately wanting to get this over with.

"She's told everyone and I mean everyone that you fucked Hallie," he says as he bursts out laughing. "She's having your life, right?"

It's kind of a relief for it to be out in the open, but at the same time I'm worried about Dave's reaction.

"No mate," I reply.

"Ah see I knew it," Dave interrupts. "I knew there was no way you would've went there."

"No, mate...She's not fucking with me...I did...A long time ago," I reply.

Dave's face goes pale and his eyes widen as he looks at me in shock.

"Fuck off," he replies in disbelief. "You're fucking with me?"

"No," I reply. "We were actually together for just over two and a half years."

"You had a relationship with her?" Dave replies in amazement. "Jesus when you said you did, I thought it would have been a onetime thing."

"No, we got together during the last year of Sixth Form and were together until I left City for MET," I reply.

"You were together during Sixth Form?" He replies. "When?"

"Black eye Friday," I reply.

"Black eye Friday..." He replies deep in thought. "That night with Liam?"

"Yeah," I reply. "Well things had kind of being going on before then, but then I found out she was trans and well things ended for a time."

"That's why you flattened him that night?" He replies wagging his finger in my direction.

"Pretty much," I reply.

My phone rings, I check the screen and see Nick's name appear on the screen. I already know what's coming.

"Hi mate," I say with baited breath.

"Si, is what Becca said true?" He asks seemingly in disbelief.

"Yeah," I reply bluntly.

"Fuck me!" He replies. He pauses for a while. I'm not sure what to add to the conversation so I stay quiet. "Look mate each to their own. We've all made mistakes when we're pissed."

"I was with her a few years, mate," I reply.

"Ah," Nick replies clearly shocked. "In that case...I still don't care. It's your life, you must've had your reasons."

"Thanks Nick," I reply.

"I take it, that's you and Becca done then?" He asks.

"Oh yes," I reply with over exaggerated sarcasm.

"Where you at now?" Nick asks.

"Just at Spades Bar with Dave," I reply.

"Oh, so you're home?" He says sounding surprised.

"Yeah, for a few days," I reply.

"Drinking tonight?" He asks.

"Yep," I reply.

"I'm working till eight...message me where you're at, ok?" He replies.

"Alright," I reply.

The call ends and I turn my attention back to Dave. I tell him the whole story, from beginning to end. The afternoon quickly turns into early evening.

"Shit I've got to go mate," Dave says while checking his watch. "I've got to be back for my brother, he's coming round to mine. I forgot to tell him you were coming."

"No problem," I reply. "You go, I'm just going to head into the chemists before it closes, I need some bits and pieces for Monday."

We leave the bar, Dave heads home and I head to the chemists. When I get there, I quickly gather up some essential's toothbrush, toothpaste, afters sun and suntan lotion before heading to pay. There's only one cashier on and there's a short queue waiting to be served.

The person in front of me is waiting for their prescription causing a bit of a wait. I wait patiently while looking around at the various products on sale. I turn around to look at the medications giving some consideration to buying some paracetamol and ibuprofen just in case. As I turn to face forward a woman walks around the corner of the shelving catching my eye. She stops when she sees me and has a look of surprise on her face.

"Simon?" She calls out.

I look at her confused, I recognise the voice and she seems vaguely familiar. It's only when she approaches me that I suddenly realise who she is.

"Hi Susan," I say.

She looks very different from the last time I saw her, she's thinned out, looks older in the face, her hairs longer and she's coloured it red.

"Hey, how've you been?" She asks.

"Next," says the cashier.

"Sorry, got to go," I reply.

I head over to the cashier and get served. I'm anxious, I can't help but worry that Hallie could be with her or that she could tell Hallie I'm home. I pay for my goods, take my items, before turning to walk away. I look around and see that Susan has taken up position to intercept me as I leave.

"Hey," she says as I walk up to her.

"Hi," I reply awkwardly.

"Can we talk?" She asks cautiously.

"I'd rather not Susan," I reply.

"Please?" She pleads.

"I really don't see the point," I reply.

"I'd just like to catch up that's all," she replies. "I'll buy you a pint."

"I've already been drinking," I reply.

"I know I can smell it. That's why I said pint and not coffee," she replies. "Come on you can spare me the time it takes you to drink one pint, can't you?"

I really don't want to, but at the same time I feel guilty saying no, since she was always so nice to me.

"Fine, one drink," I reply with a sigh.

"Great, I just need to pay for this and pick up a prescription I won't be long," she replies. "Wait there."

She walks off to join the queue, constantly looking in my direction. I consider fleeing while she's occupied, after all, what the worst that could happen? But my conscience just won't let me.

It doesn't take long for her to get served and afterwards we leave the store. We walk the short journey to Spades Bar. She buys me a pint and gets herself a glass of wine before we sit down.

Once seated I take a large drink of my pint, determined to not allow it to last very long.

"How've you been?" Susan asks.

"You know, surviving," I reply.

"Surviving?" She replies.

"Yeah, just getting on with things really," I reply.

"Did you finish university?" She asks.

"Yeah, I did," I reply.

"Ah, which uni did you end up going to?" She asks curiously.

"MET," I reply before taking another drink.

"You know I'll just buy you another," she says.

"I only agreed to one," I reply.

"Then make it last, I'm not that bad to be around, am I?" she replies.

"Nah, it's not that," I reply.

"Hallie?" She asks bluntly.

"Well, yeah," I reply.

"You do realise that she's not here?" She asks sarcastically.

"Yeah," I reply with an awkward laugh.

"Look, as far as I'm concerned, she doesn't need to know," she replies.

"Fine," I reply.

"Excuse me," she shouts towards the bar. "Could I get another pint please?"

The barman nods.

"It's not table service here," I reply.

"Well, he nodded," she replies. "Anyway, what are you doing for work?"

"I'm a broker," I reply uncomfortably.

"Really?" She asks sounding surprised. "Which company are you with?"

"Just one in the city," I reply. I know I need to change the subject quickly. "Why am I here Susan?"

"I just want to talk to you, is that so bad?" She replies.

"No, but...you're my ex's mother and I'm finding it quite uncomfortable," I reply.

"I'm sorry Simon. I'm not trying to make you feel that way. I really just wanted to catch up...that's all," she replies seemingly upset at what I'd said.

"I'm sorry," I reply. "It's been a rough twenty-four hours."

"I'll not pry," she replies.

"Thanks," I reply.

"How's the love life?" She asks.

"Now, that's the reason, it's been a rough twenty-four hours," I chuckle.

"Oh dear," she replies.

"Let's just say I need a new place to live," I say.

"I'm sorry about that son," she replies.

"It's not your fault," I reply.

"I know, but I can appreciate it would be quite raw right now and I don't want to say anything that would upset you," she replies.

"It's fine, I'm not that bothered about the breakup, its more the fallout," I reply.

"What do you mean?" She asks curiously.

"You know...Shit hit the fan and I'm currently waiting to see where it falls," I reply.

"Do you have any plans while you're home?" She asks.

"Not really," I reply. "I'm out tonight with friends, nothing tomorrow and I go on holiday on Monday," I reply.

"Yeah?" She replies. "Anywhere nice?"

"Belize," I reply.

"Oh, I love Belize," she replies. "Peter took me there last year, absolutely beautiful."

"Yeah, I know," I reply taking a drink.

"How would you know?" She replies suspiciously.

"I...I mean from the picture's I've seen its beautiful," I say scrambling as I come to the realisation that I've put my foot in it.

Susan looks at me like she's thinking hard. Her eyes fixed on me and her face looks stern.

"Who do you work for?" She asks.

"Erm...TSE," I reply throwing out the name of the first one of our competitor's that I can think of.

"Oh yeah?" She asks. "I've worked with them before on our pension investments. You must know Tim McPhee?"

The name is not familiar but I know it's a trap. I look in her eyes and know she's thrown a trick name out to catch me out.

"Nah that person doesn't work for TSE," I reply.

"That's weird," she replies while opening her purse. She sifts through it, looking for something. "I have his business card right here."

She hands me a business card. I look at it and sure enough, Tim McPhee, Head of Fund Management TSE. I know I'm busted.

"Do you care to tell me the truth this time?" She asks. "Who do you work for and who recommended Belize to you?"

I can't help but close my eyes while taking a deep breath, before letting out a long sigh. My leg is shaking violently and I catch myself tapping the table with my finger. I look at her and already know she's figured it out.

"I work for Peter," I reply eager to get it over with.

"You're shitting me!" She says looking genuinely shocked.

"No," I reply.

"Since when?" She replies.

"I...I did my university placement there," I reply. "So...almost six years now."

She stares at me wide eyed, her head slightly tilted.

"Six years?" She replies irritably.

"Yeah," I reply feeling really awkward.

"H...How?" She replies.

"He came into a bar I was working in. We had a chat and he offered me the option to do my placement there and I said yes," I reply.

"I'm going to kill him," she replies angrily.

"Please don't Susan, I owe him everything," I reply anxiously. "I was homeless and he helped me."

"Homeless?" She replies with disbelief in her voice.

"Yeah," I reply. "When I left Hallie, I was broke and had nowhere to live so I slept in my car. If it wasn't for Peter, I doubt I'd have even gotten my degree."

"You lived in your car?" She replies.

"Yeah," I reply.

"For how long?" She replies.

"A few months," I reply.

"But that makes no sense, you left Hallie in June...two months is August...When exactly did you run into him?" She replies.

"End of August," I reply sheepishly.

"Just to be clear, you've been in touch with Peter since a few months after you left Hallie?" She asks.

"Yes," I reply directly.

"And he offered you a job?" She replies.

"Placement," I reply.

"Whatever," she replies bluntly. "Did he know you were homeless?"

"Yeah...He...er...gave me a place to stay," I stammer.

"I don't believe this," she replies angrily. "This whole time Hallie's been at home, suffering from depression, going to therapy and wasting her life away. And you were living with Peter?"

"Well technically, I was living in his place. He was mostly away or at home," I reply.

"Shut up!" She snaps. "Simon, you have no idea what Hallie's been through since you left. She quit university. She pretty much lived in her bedroom for six months until I forced her to get a job, just to get her out of the house. I've been beside myself with worry, I now mostly work from home because I'm worried, she will do something silly. She doesn't have any friends. She never goes out. Her life consists of going to work, coming home, working out in our home gym and that's pretty much it."