My New Personal Assistant Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Really?" He seemed to scoff more for himself than for me. "You have no idea what happened between us. You have no right to judge me!"

"Like the fuck I don't. Did you see the way he looked!"

"Did you see the way I looked when I found out he was lying to me for years?!" Thomas snapped, and his eyes were watery. I was muted. He was hurt...

"What happened?"

"That's between him and me."

"Did he hurt you?"

"It's none of your goddamn business."

"Talk to me, damn it!"

"I don't need a shoulder to cry on, Matt!"

"We all do, Thomas," I said now gently.

"Well, I don't."

.

I looked at him, and I felt terrible. For some reason, he never seemed manipulative... I genuinely don't believe that he is. Everything I felt was going through me at once.

"Did you find out about Sam?"

Thomas blinked and breathed in sharply.

"Sam is married, Thomas. He has a kid who's about ten now. Straight, and they had known each other since childhood. Owen could never be with him."

Thomas turned away. "Yes, I know."

There was more to it all, was there?

I just snapped at him, hurt, making him the villain as it was much easier than asking... Now I could see that. I do that all the time. I saw Natasha as a gold digger and Thomas as someone throwing his exes away like old rags... Everybody that loves me takes the blame for all my doubts, and I never care to ask more. It's easier to assume... What kind of person am I?

.

"Did you love him?" I asked softly.

"I did."

"Did he lie about anything else?"

"Yes, many things, apparently."

"Like what?"

"What are you trying to accomplish, Matt?!"

"Give you all the information you may need, so you can understand and move on." I put my hands lightly on his shoulders. He turned to me, stunned.

"The way he looked at you, you know he still loves you, right?"

"He betrayed me, Matt. People shouldn't betray the person they supposedly love."

"People make mistakes."

"Like breaking a glass against the wall out of jealousy?"

"I love Owen as a dear friend, Thomas. I knew he was in a long-term relationship, but he never told me it had ended. So when I saw the hurt on his face, I thought you were cheating on him with me."

"It's good to know how you see me," he said, hurt.

"I am sorry."

"I don't care."

"Thomas..."

"I'm leaving. I need to organize this meeting so we can finally get some space between us."

.

What had everything just happened? I sat on my chair, utterly lost, trying to figure out what was happening. I felt overwhelmed and lost! My head was spinning.

"You are right," I said as he opened the door to leave. "I think we both had enough. Have interviews without me from now on. I don't care what person will replace you. No one could replace you anyway, so why even bother? Just hire anyone."

I was too tired to try anymore. When I saw the way Owen looked at Thomas, I realized how fucking deep I am. And the relief when they told me they were not together was like a stone fell off my chest. And I don't need to obsess like this over someone who doesn't even want me. I don't want to be this interested in him anyway.

.

.

>> Chapter 27 -- Thomas's point of view

12